Scoop: 90210 Revisits Silver's Bipolar Battle

Coming up on The CW’s 90210: Silver’s battle with bipolar disorder, after nearly two seasons on the backburner, will be dramatically revisited — courtesy of a revenge-seeking Adrianna!

In 90210‘s next few episodes, Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) will finally unearth the ongoing affair between her best friend Silver (Jessica Stroup) and her now-ex-boyfriend Navid (Michael Steger). The result? Ade on a mission to destroy Silver’s life — no matter what the consequence.

Lots will happen between now (Ade investigating a mysterious earring) and then (Silver’s life unraveling), but the bipolar battle again rears its ugly head, following the gang’s South of the Border spring break.

90210 Spring Break Scoop: Mexico! Meows! And a Musical Guest!

“Adrianna is not likable now, and she’s only going to continue to do worse things to Silver,” Stroup tells TVLine of her upcoming storyline. “The bipolar disorder is something she’s been medicating herself to fight against. Unfortunately, someone tampers with [the medicine], and stuff’s about to blow up!” Translation: Ade takes this whole vengeance thing to unthinkable levels.

90210 First Look: Snoop Dogg Rolls Into Town

Sources tell TVLine that Silver’s bipolar flare-up will span a handful of episodes and will impact much more than her friendship with Ade — namely, her budding romance with Navid.

Are you eager to see 90210 tackle Silver’s bipolar disorder again? Sound off in the comments!

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Christy says:

One thing I like about this show is the pacing. When the plotlines are insanely predictable (Naomi falling for a cult leader thing) they don’t drag them out longer than they have to, they wrap them up really quickly so that even though I know what’s coming it’s still enjoyable. Glad they’re doing the same thing w/Silver not telling her about Navid.

• Alyssa says:

You’re being sarcastic, right? This show has the WORST pacing. I hate how fast they burn through storylines.

• Kris says:

This show had the worst pacing last season. This season its been just right with the exception of this storyline which I think is being stretched a little thin.

2. dee123 says:

Um.. Isn’t tampering with someone’s medication illegal?

3. Jarrod says:

Isn’t running over a homeless guy illegal? Annie got off with a slap on the wrist for vehicular homicide and you are worried about whether or not messing with someone’s meds is illegal? too cute. lol

• Greg says:

haha I know right. Making Annie actually be the one who ran over that guy and then making her get off so easily was one of this show’s biggest mistakes . But I still love it :)

4. Jesse says:

So does that mean Silver will kill Adrianna in a bipolar-fueled rage? Cuz I’d love her even more for that.

5. jinq2 says:

Not that I except 90210 to have much to do with reality, but I can’t help but wish they’d handle Silver’s struggles with bipolar disorder more like the way they’ve handled Teddy’s struggles with accepting his sexuality. I don’t necessarily believe that every show has to contain a message or teach people something, but this is a struggle a lot more teens deal with than you’d think. I’m glad it’s going to be addressed again ~ but we’ll see how it pans out. I hate to see the perception that you can just take a few pills every day and, poof, you’re “normal” again, because that just isn’t the case. It’s a lifelong struggle for most people.

6. jinq2 says:

Oops, typo there… I meant “Not that I *expect*…”

7. Dana California says:

Is there any chance of 90210 killing off Cousin Emily in dramatic fashion?

8. Jazz says:

I dunno if it’s just me but Cousin Emily totally reminds me of a brunette version Jennie Garth back in her 90210 days. Once again, I hate the direction they’re taking Adrianna. I feel like whenever something good happens to her on the show, something 10x worse happens to her. On a different note, I’m kind of looking forward to Silver freaking out…

• Dana California says:

Its not just you. I thought the same thing but never revealed it to anyone. She is the spitting image of Kelly Taylor Season One.

However I disagree with you on Adrianna. Its important for her to be the fallen princess. All the melodrama needs to fall on her shoulders. She can’t and won’t catch a break. She’s the train wreck we can’t take our eyes off of.

Here’s how the season finale should play off. Grad Night. Everyone has their acceptance letters to CU, accept drop out Adrianna. Ostracized from the group. She has a suicide attempt and then everyone is friends with her again.

9. Remy says:

God i hate Adrianna, thats just an evil thing to do! I love Silver and Navid together,their sooo much better then Adrianna and Navid EVER were. Ad is always just a big mess!!

10. Deirdre says:

Love Silver and I can’t believe Ade would stoop that low. I know what Silver did was wrong but she and Navide love eachother and it’s Ades behavior that has ruined their relationship not silver. But I have to say that I am looking foreward to the bipolar storyline emerging again because they kinda just abandoned it.

11. Jo says:

I’ve only watched 90210 for this current season, but I have noticed the speed of the pacing, while normally I have no problem with this. I did find it annoying how Liam’s annoyingly weird obsessive boss girl person :P who completely manipulated him for episodes just suddenly dropped out of the story line after he was beaten up by her ex…nothing because of that story except the rekindling of his and Annie’s relationship….I do ahte loose ends… :/

12. Jo says:

*became of that storyline
    *hate

oh and I do agree, altough Adrianna is a hateable character, the show would be nothing without her, same can be said for characters like Emily….you need to dramam and the crazy for this aweful show to be worth watching :D
    I mean, don’t get me wrong I LOVE 90210 :P but to be fair…it’s not the best thing out there :D