Pilot News: Patrick Wilson Plays Doctor for CBS

Get More: Casting News, News, Pilots

Patrick Wilson is poised to make his series regular TV debut, having landed the lead in a CBS drama pilot penned by Susannah Grant (Erin Brockovich) and to be directed by Jonathan Demme (Silence of the Lambs).

In the as-yet-untitled project, Wilson will star as Michael, an ultra-competitive surgeon whose life is changed forever when his ex-wife dies… and begins teaching him what life is all about from the here-after.

Home Improvement‘s Tim Allen Returns to ABC Roots With Comedy Pilot

Wilson’s film credits include Watchmen, Little Children and Hard Candy, while his primary TV gig was the role of Joe Pitt in the 2003 miniseries Angels In America, for which he earned Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations. He is also a two-time Tony nominee, from his roles in Oklahoma and The Full Monty.

Two More Lone Star Leads Book Pilots

Grant’s last foray into TV was Party Of Five, where she served as a writer and producer.

Read All Of TVLine’s 2011 Pilot Casting News

Comments (6)

• I will watch just because of Patrick! Hope it’s good.

Comment by Kim – February 18, 2011 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just awesome!!! Patrick is one of my favorite actors and it’ll be great having him come to TV. I will totally check this out because of him!!!

Comment by Amanda – February 19, 2011 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Same here. Love Patrick and hope this show works out! I’ll def tune in.

Comment by Lorie – February 19, 2011 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very unsure about this premise — but I love Patrick Wilson enough to give pretty much whatever he’s in a shot.

Comment by amy – February 20, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch Patrick Wilson in just about anything, but I would make it “must-see TV” (I realize that’s the wrong network) if they were to let him sing! He’s got an amazing voice and was about the only good thing in the movie version of Phantom of the Opera.

Comment by Amy – February 20, 2011 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just finished watching the entire 1st series of ‘A Gifted Man’ on Netflix and I thought it was brilliant! Cannot wait for season 2!

Comment by s.mills – April 30, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post