Idol: Did You Dig Round Three of Hollywood?

The traditional Hollywood Week solos are finished. The dreaded “Holding Rooms of Doom” have emptied out. And as we’ve come to expect from American Idol, the remaining crop of potential semifinalists contains a mixed of big voices, passionate musicians, and a handful of personalities outfitted with tiny clocks set to detonate in an explosion of tears, mucus, and trembling at some point over the next couple weeks.

I can’t say with certainty that any of tonight’s performances will become the stuff of Idol legend, though a few — Stefano Langone, heretofore unseen Kendra Chantelle, certain-to-be-polarizing Jacon Lusk — were pretty darn memorable. We also had forgotten lyrics, a sustained “villain edit” for Clint Jun Gamboa, and still more pimping on behalf of perky Lauren Alaina, including this doozy from Ryan Seacrest at the end of her rendition of “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”: “Once again, she proves she has what it takes to command the Idol stage.” Nigel Lythgoe, for the love of all that’s holy, dial it back!

Anyhow, it’s time for me to get crackin on my full episode recap, which will post right here at in the wee small hours of the morning. Until then, feel free to hit the comments and sound off on which contestants impressed you, which left you heartbroken, and which ones should’ve gotten another chance.

What’s more, if you have some strong thoughts or opinions on anything you saw this week on Idol — pertaining to judges, contestants, trends or conspiracy theories — and you’d like to share them on the next episode of TVLine’s new Idol-related Web series, Idoloonies, email a paragraph or two to (and be sure to include a contact phone number). We’ll be selecting a handful of readers each week to join me in cohosting the Webcast via Skype or iChat (to tape on Friday afternoon). We’ll also be choosing a Twitter Question of the Week, so don’t hesitate to fire your best shots to me @MichaelSlezakTV. Be sure to tag it #Idoloonies!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Jon says:

I have a question where was Molly Dewolf Swensen?

• J says:

I think I saw a brief glimpse of her… Sucks. I’ve been wanting to hear her since her initial audition, especially since I found out she used to be in an a cappella group at Harvard called The Opportunes.

• GingerSnap says:

Just caught a glimpse of her at the end in the last group that went through. Made top 50, but it’s not a good sign if we never see her sing. . . But Stefano and Thia were there.

2. Jon says:

I have a question where was Molly Dewolf Swensen? is she still on the show?

• Mel31602 says:

I thought I saw her in the second room that got through

• McFudge says:

Yep, she’s through. But show of hands: who could have stood a little more Molly and a LOT less Ashley? God bless her, I sincerely worry about her health. She looks like you could blow her over with a feather, both physically and mentally.

• Allyson says:

I’m trying to figure out why Ashley even got to stay. Her solo day performance was an epic fail, and frankly, I didn’t think she was that impressive during Hollywood week either–especially when she tried to quit. I don’t think she is emotionally stable enough to handle the AI pressure. I’m sorry, I don’t.

3. Candice says:

Colton is coming on strong! So glad he isn’t the early tco. Hope he continues this way and picks up speed!!

4. victoria says:

Not impressed yet, but beginning to appreciate a few contestants, I just can’t remember their names…………still waiting..

5. tyler says:

i dont understand why slezak is so negative with the performances. Jacon Lusk, Casey Abrams, and Ashton Jones were the best. There were alot of good performances tonight.

• notmzbehavin says:

I think Casey was the most original and talented of the bunch. The bar is really high–there are quite a few very, very talented singers, but Casey does stand out.

• brandon says:

I totally agree. I thought tonight’s episode was so great. And I’m glad that I actually am enjoying the producers’ chosen one for maybe the first time (Lauren). Durbin and Medina can go though.

• sass says:

Is it weird that I was nearly “excited” by those three performances? *shifty eyes*

6. Tekkie says:

Loved Casey and the bass, he owned Ray’s Georgia and made it all his own! But why did they let Ashley thru to be another Tatyana ???

• Ang says:

The only reason they kept Ashley was so they could put her in room 1 with all of the other obvious “winners”. It made them sweat it out. You know they had to doubt they were going through seeing Ashley sitting in there with them.

7. Dasha says:

I cannot believe they put Ashley through! And for the love of God, enough with the drama and the tears!

• Tekkie says:

Totally agree. At this point it is cruel to keep stringing her along…she’s obviously lacking the fortitude to deal with the pressure and she really doesn’t have a singing voice at all. Let her go…the sooner the better.

• Bill says:

Couldn’t agree more. The only conceivable reason for keeping this train wreck of a woman on the show is to generate some Tatiana del Toro-style “drama.” She’s an emotional mess who should be in a padded cell, not on any stage in the world. Add to this the simply outrageous pimping of mediocre Lauren Alaina and the invisibility of stunning vocalist Molly Dewolf Swensen and you have the makings of a third-rate season. But Tyler and Lopez are making everything work anyway. Never guessed I’d be cheering the absence of Simon Cowell so strenuously.

• darcy's evil twin says:

It’s cruel to keep subjecting US to the histrionics.

8. Dasha says:

Ashley? Seriously?

9. Dasha says:

Sorry, didn’t mean to spam. My computer hung up, so I reposted.

10. notmzbehavin says:

Casey Abrams. Wow. I already know who I’ll be voting for!

• GingerSnap says:

I loved everything he’s done so far, but it’s not a good sign to be such a standout so early – by the end of the thing people will be complaining that he’s not that great because they will have talked themselves into liking someone less talented, like Season 6 or Season 9. He is so unique he could easily go the Crystal Bowersox road…

11. kts says:

For the love of all that’s holy? Send Ashley Sullivan home. That girl is not well. Obviously the show edits for maximum drama–but I got the heebie jeebies watch her constant manic energy. And how wildly manipulative was it showing us that she was in room 2…and not showing until after that all of the “good” contestants were in that room as well? Are they really going to make the judges cut her while she sits in front of them? Because they can NOT put that girl on the show.

12. sara says:

Seriously, is Lythgoe really so dense that he thinks this ridiculous over-pimping of Lauren will in any way work?? It’s become both laughable and utterly nauseating. Nigel, we’re really not as easily programmed as you think we are.

• Dasha says:

Worked last year with Lee.

• sara says:

No, Lee wasn’t pimped at all until the very end. No winner has ever been pimped this blazenly this early in the competition. They really need to start remembering that.

• Dasha says:

They pimped Gokey from the very beginning, except that he didn’t win. Oh, and remember how they pimped Lil Rounds and then how they turned on her? I felt really bad for the girl. After a while she couldn’t do anything right. The same could happen with Lauren.

• sara says:

The pimping of Lauren is completely different in that Lythgoe has seemed to make it his mission to pimp this girl who is just a child. It annoys me but more than that I find it more than a little disturbing (the flirting with Steven Tyler has got to stop). Other contestants have been pimped by the judges or producers, but it has never seemed to be this blatant and singularly focused. Or creepy.

• darcy's evil twin says:

I agree with Sara – I have never seen anything quite like this. The more I think about Lauren and the group competition, the more bizarre it seems. The other women in the group were quite good, particularly the tall brunette (Sarah Ames?). Wow, when she sang you had a voice that made you sit up and take notice. When everyone was eliminated except Lauren the other three women did not seem upset and all and they were laughing and joking as they walked away. I’ve seen contestants handle being eliminated and exit gracefully, but I can’t ever think of a time when contestants behaved like that! Could this entire thing, including the stunt using Steven Tyler, have been a set-up?

• argo says:

Maybe someone should do a deeper background check on this chick. Maybe she’s well connected to Nigel in some hidden way.

• Ghost of Kelly Clarkson says:

Two words “David Archuleta”

• as says:

Nigel Lythgoe is just an old perv. Same thing every season on SYTYCD with every pretty blond girl. If Lauren and deep country boy are only comfortable with one song they should have been sent home. Same with screaming Aspberger boy.

• Dasha says:

I laughed so hard when Slezak called him Adam Lambert with his fingers in the car door! While I’m a huge Adam fan, this boy is going to get annoying real quick.

13. Tracy says:

I think they are wasting a space with Jaycee (?). He isn’t ready. He has a pleasant voice, but he isn’t an entertainer. Ashley, really? There wasn’t one person better than her?

• Tekkie says:

Agreed. Jc has a good voice but needs work on the “artist package”.

• Larry says:

I don’t even think Jacee has that good of a voice. Did you hear him last night? An absolutely colorless, flat version of “The Time of My Life.” It’s a frigging coronation song, and he sang it with no emotion. I don’t get the love for him at all.

• McFudge says:

Yeah, sweet kid with a pleasant enough voice who has no stage presence, unfortunately, and would fade into complete and utter obscurity were he to actually win. Really, who didn’t just KNOW that Lee DeWyze wouldn’t be commercial? The best thing about Idol or any of these shows is to watch someone go through all of this and come out successful in the end. Maybe because it makes us crazy people who start caring about these contestants feel we’ve had some small hand in their success.

14. annab says:

The two performances I rewound to watch again on my tivo: Casey Abrams and Jacob Lusk.

Although they didn’t merit a replay, I continue to be intrigued by: Ashton Jones, Colton (he’s the blond kid from Malibu, right?) and Clint Jun Gamboa (I don’t like him , but I like listening to him).

• Alex says:

blond kid from malibu is carson higgins. colton is the one who played the keyboard with the spiky side angled hair. he’s from murfreesboro, tn.

15. Mel31602 says:

I really enjoyed Kendra tonight but with so little focus on her she won’t be around for long. I wonder though if there are 50 people left, and they cut down to top 24, where are people getting a top 40 spoiler list from?

16. darcy's evil twin says:

Holy moley, who was that first blonde singer that grunted, screamed, and growled her way through “God Bless the Child”? My husband walked into the room and asked me WTH she was singing. I told him I think it’s When Sunny Gets Blue, but I’m not sure. She was halfway through the song before I realized she was NOT singing “When Sunny Gets Blue”. But, the judges loved it! Or maybe it was bad editing and they were playing their reactions to someone else!

How in the name of everything holy did Ashley Sullivan make it through?

Jaqueline was sick. What did she do, breathe too much bleach? You know, I liked her the first time I heard her sing but she got real old really quickly.

Jacee Badeaux seems like a nice kid but I don’t think he should have been sent through. There were a several people that were sent through that surprised me.

It’s nice to hear these kids singing some old standards. I loved Jason Lusk’s version of “God Bless the Child”. And perhaps someone will sing “When Sunny Gets Blue” for real, LOL.

• Devon says:

It was god bless the child, she even said it you idiot and it was amazing betch.

• Abby says:

She was beyond horrible. Nothing but caterwauling. The judges were hypnotized before they sat down, so it didn’t matter what noise she produced, she was going through.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Devon – Thanks for that rude comment, but I’ve been listening to people sing God Bless the Child since Moses was walking around and NO ONE should have to tell me the name of that song prior to singing the song!

• geeky really says:

I thought the same thing! If she hadn’t told us or sung the words, I wouldn’t have had a clue what she was singing. I like the texture and tone of her voice but she needs to dial down the vocal gymnastics. Now Lusk’s rendition was awesome, gave me chills, goosebumps and made me cry! He was on the olympic vocal gymnastic team there, but it worked. That was a moment to me.

17. Connie D. says:

The high energy guy, Carson Higgins, I could enjoy watching him every week… and on tour. I was excited about the season until I saw Ashley go through. Now I feel like the judging was not legitimate, and the season is tainted. There is a cloud of gloom over my head right now. I also wanted to see the Harvard girl perform tonight. Bah humbug.

• notmzbehavin says:

I look at it this way–they have to have someone to send home next week. She’s cannon fodder, which is unfortunate as she seems too unstable.

I think the longer they’ve strung her along, the worse it’s going to get for her.

• AJM says:

I agree! Carson’s my favourite right now. I couldn’t get over how boring Medina seemed when they compared the two. And I’m kind of hoping for an early exit for both Medina and James ‘Lambert Lite’ Durbin.

18. Anne says:

Casey Abrams. That is all.

19. ladyhelix says:

Tonight I heard at least two dozen people SING IN TUNE!! I am so psyched!! After last season – I don’t care WHO they put through as long as I don’t have to turn OFF the sound or leave the room when they perform. Things are definitely looking up!!

20. Emily says:

Go Caleb Hawley – he was so good both nights of Hollywood!

21. Chrissie says:

Yay, finally saw John Wayne Schulz and he sounded great on Landslide. Casey Abrams has too much Taylor Hicks “shtick” type vibe for me. I also can’t believe they kept Ashley, she’s unstable and she totally screwed up. I’m with you Michael regarding Lauren Alaina, I’m already completely fed up with the producers shouting about her supposed enormous talent. She’s just middle of the pack at best.

• Jessica says:

I fully agree with all. I don’t get all the hype with Casey Abrams-I see him as a bar singer. Lauren is getting VERY annoying with her clear obsession with Steven Tyler. It’s sick now especially with her age.

22. Lizbeth says:

The first girl wasn’t very good. She was off on a lot of notes and totally over did the entire song. She does have a voice–but wasn’t using it right at all. I didn’t get the love from the judges.

I’d say Casey was my fave of the night. Not just because of the bass. I think he is very musical. Interesting phrasing and original take on it.

Jacon Lusk–he was good too. He did over sing it in places–but it kind of worked. Fantastic range. I don’t know if he is creative in the way that Casey obviously is–but great ability. Liked him quite a bit. I wonder what singers he admires.

They did over pimp Lauren again. What is the deal there. I guess there hoping for Kelly 2.0.

Some good girls tonight–but none of them stood out that much for me.

• darcy's evil twin says:

the first girl sounded like she had her foot caught in a vice! I”m so glad someone else agreed with my opinion. Lizabeth, you are my new best friend. I didn’t get the judge’s reactions either.

• geeky really says:

Yea, that was waaaaayyy overcooked.

23. Ed says:

Did Deandre, the guy from Hawaii with the great falsetto on group night make it thru tonight?

• miss-y says:

yep..he made it through. He was in the last room. too bad they didn’t show him singing tonight I think it would have been a treat. oh yeah he is not from Hawaii..Kamele is from San Jose, CA but he sings Hawaiian Falsetto and is an accomplished Hula dancer

• lindy skye says:

did jackie wilson make it through? she is granddaughter of a friend of mine in WV??

• jenice stokes says:

i have been searching alllllllllllll over 2 find out if this boy *deandre* made it…………….i thought i glimpsed him in the last room but i wasnt sure, thnx for that re-assurance. His voice iz so sweet n i’m soooo sad dat i didnt hear his piece in the last episode. i hope i hear sumtin from him on wednesday!!!!

24. Amy says:

At least they kept Robbie Rosen, but I’m so sick of the stories that are making it without the voice to back it up…Chris Medina, James Durbin,Jacee Badeaux. At least Brett Lowenstein has a decent voice. And seriously Lauren — please nobody vote for her, because Nigel is definitely taking her through.
    LOVE this extra competition. PROPS to Nigel for adding it! I have always hated how the final elimination in Hollywood week is based on the EXACT same performances as the elimination they just had. SO GLAD they are hearing them one more time. So wish Adrienne & Devyn could be there instead of Lauren Alaina & Ashley Sullivan. What a contrived outcome imo.

25. James says:

First Jacqueline’s bf…then Rob /cry and now both Chelsea and her are gone…they just got ate up and drained from it…

Sucks that Clint is so good! Hopefully all people will realize if he makes it to the top 24 and vote him out…we can only pray! Go Jaycee!

26. Merrilyn says:

James Durbin? Really? And I’m hoping that the pimping of Lauren Alaina comes back to haunt them. She is so….average.

• Rex says:

R U kidding me? Average – I think not. At 15 maybe now 16 she is beyond AMAZING! She was born with that kind of talent and at that age! Listen to more of her songs! Unbelievable! Nigel knows what’s he’s doing! Trust me! Not taking away from the other kids – but do give credit where credit’s due!

27. Blaine says:

Barring a major meltdown, this season is heads & tails above last season. We have some people who can really sing & perform & have personality. What I liked about tonight is so many of them refused to play it safe. They went for it vocally, with some mixed results, and left it all on the stage.

28. Derek says:

How typical that most Lauren haters are female. It’s obvious they don’t bother actually listening either. Is she being pushed too hard? Yes but it doesn’t diminish her talent which is not average or middle of the pack. Kelly is my all time favorite Idol & Lauren has moments of Kelly in her vocals. It’s in her runs & when she flips the notes at the end of a line. I hear a little Kelly in there.

29. Justin says:

Did Karen Rodriguez make it through?

30. Nancy says:

I just don’t get all of the haters against Lauren, I love her, and I don’t get the love for Casey, he has a good voice, but he is not American Idol material. But I have to agree with everyone regarding Ashley, she is a mess, please get that crazy girl off my TV, why the hell did they put her through.

31. Sue says:

I wish that AI would cut time with such people like Lauren and Jacee and show us some more Paul McDonald, who has been woefully lacking of any Hollywood tape, Molly the Intern (easier than two last names) and some that we just learned about the last two days i.e. Ashton. Have to say that I am very curious about next week just to see what it’s about.

• eloise says:

I agree with you I was so disappointed to not see Paul McDonald perform again ! they better show him next week.

• McFudge says:

I don’t hate Lauren. I like her voice. But I’m starting to get very get extremely uncomfortable with the way she flirts with Steven Tyler. The girl is 15(!) and he’s, what, 100 or so? It’s gotten to be creepy. Considering that she is only 15, you can’t expect total self-awareness, so someone needs to take her aside and point out that no matter how well she sings, what she’s doing is inappropriate.

• Suncatcher says:

I agree with your thoughts here. But, in Steven Tyler’s defense, Lauren is coming on to HIM. He seems very uncomfortable around her and it was obvious during the group sing that he was not happy sitting on stage with Lauren and the other 2 and it stopped there.

I’m gonna guess that Tyler, having been around enough groupies in his lifetime, is very aware of the game Miss Lauren is playing with him. Remember her original audition? She dragged him into singing with her back then and she has tried the same ploy with him every time since – only he’s on to her now and is tryng to steer clear of her. She is T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

• McFudge says:

Guess I wasn’t clear. I wasn’t ragging on Steven Tyler. I’m pretty sure he’s perfectly aware what’s going on, and I KNOW that J-Lo knows. I meant that Lauren might not realize how this is coming across. She’s probably more than a little star-struck. I don’t care how awesome their voices are, these 15 year old kids are still just that – kids. Not miniature adults. That’s why I say she just may need a bit more guidance in this area from someone behind the scenes who gets it.

32. Lemon says:

Lauren is very good, but there are so many good people. I see her a middle of the packer. The other Lauren is much, much better…a stronger voice with more flexibiIity. I think it’s gonna be a guy again this year. Brett has a gorgeous voice, Robbie Rose, Anne Hathaway’s Cartoon Brother, is a sweety, and very charismatic. Idunno…there are just boatloads of people as good or better than Lauren Alaina.

33. silkrose says:

I think Lauren looks a lot like actress Romola Garai (appearing in Atonement and Vanity Fair etc)

34. Madonnaga says:

Seriously, Jacon Lusk? Seriously? Makes James whatever screamer man a total joke. Maybe James has been pimped so that we could realize how amazing Jacon Lusk is? But what’s with the edit of his post performance release? And then follow with the awesome John Wayne Shultz, and then … Ashley … ugh. Go away. Have to say, Lauren Alaina brought it. Impressive. How upsetting that after last night we don’t get to hear any of the Minors. Did they make it through? Thought I saw a couple of them at least in rooms 2 and 3. Was the guy who looks like Joachim Noah in Room 1? Harvard girl definitely in Room 4. Seriously, if you’re sitting in a room with Casey, Brett and Lauren, could you honestly think you weren’t going through? Is that where Ahsley comes in to play? And J-Lo – only you can rock the bumblebee look and make it work. Scary how much better I like the judges than I ever thought I would. Bring on the Beatles.

35. Rick says:

Casey Abrams is clearly the favorite right now, and I love it. He is exactly the kind of person who should be coming out of this show with a record contract. The kind of guy that record producers would normally ignore because he is different, and doesn’t look exactly like the 400 other pop stars out there, but man, when he opens his mouth, you pay attention :D Definitely get a Clay Aiken vibe off of him, and can’t wait to see what the idol stylists do to him.

36. Eric says:

We need more Rachel Zavita!!!

37. Kevin C. says:

I think he’ll make it through to the semis, just because at this point the producers don’t want the anti-goodwill they’d get from cutting him. But I also think there’s a good chance he’ll get absolutely swallowed up once he gets there. Think Alex Lambert’s week 1 performance from last year, only more so.

• Kevin C. says:

“He” in my previous comment refers to Jacee. For some reason I can’t get the “reply to this post” link working properly here.

38. Dolf G. says:

I’m from Holland and I watch AI now for the 7th year.
    At first I was impressed with the choice to focus more on the singing in the first audition rounds.
    Bur now AI makes the same old mistake again: I’m interested in drama when I’m interested in a person. On AI level I’m interested in a person when I’m impressed by the voice.
    And that’s not exactly the case this year, early talent leaves the show without explanation. I don’t understand it, it seems that the hidden agenda of the producers is overtaking the whole show and that’s not what you should do on TV in 2011 in my opinion.
    People don’t buy that anymore.
    Be honest, make it pure, cut the set up drama.
    Maybe we better look forward to The Voice of America, the original Dutch format was one of the biggest tv hits here in the Netherlands.
    The program is purely based on the singing and it’s a relief to watch such a program in comparison to the over the top pimping and claustrophobic editing of American Idol.
    With so much talent as available in the USA I think TVOA might be the tv hit this spring.

Audition round from The Voice of Holland:

• darcy's evil twin says:

Dolf, thanks for posting that link! Your English is better than my Dutch! That was so interesting. What can I say – I guess there are too many Americans that are addicted to drama. Perhaps that’s why Hollie, that crying mess of an English girl, came here to audition.

Keep in mind Americans insist on happy endings to their movies, which is something that is not as common in Europe. Any time a European film is remade for American audiences it’s given a happy ending. The drama of someone with a sad life just helps build up to that “happy ending” on American Idol.

My German is rusty and my Dutch is almost non-existent, but everyone should go to that link – it’s worth watching. The singer that came up on the link is Esther Nijhove, and vocally she reminds me of Jackie Wilson, a current contestant on American Idol. She sings in English, even though all commentary is in Dutch (I believe it’s Dutch).

The judging is interesting. They sit in chairs with speakers on either side and for the first part of the performance their backs are to the singer – then the chairs turn around. That way they are listening rather than watching the performer. I thought that was a novel idea. Does anyone ever turn their judging chair to the contestant and say “Oh NO, you do NOT look the way I envisioned”?

It’s also worth noting that The Netherlands has a population of no more than, what, 20 million people? I’m guessing. People keep saying here in America the talent pool has run dry. That’s ridiculous. We have over 300 million people. The problem has been, in my opinion, the judges are casting a reality show rather than just picking good singers. The drama is part of that equation. I’m hoping we end up with decent singers this year.

Again, thanks for posting the link. I think I’ll watch more of the singers on that program!

39. Ghost of Kelly Clarkson says:

Did Jackie Wilson make it through? I don’t remember seeing her in the group round or last night.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Hooray, another Jackie Wilson fan. yes, she made it through. She’s on the AI web site. She hasn’t had a lot of face time, though, and that concerns me.

40. Harmony says:

You have a few spelling errors there Slezak. Otherwise awesome recap as always. :) I loved Jacob Lusk, Stephano Langone, Casey Abrams, Haley Rainheart, Carson Higgins, Brett Lowenstern, and Robbie Rosen. Those were some performances I’ll remember for a long time.

41. dctoronto says:

Way too many vocal tricks (I’m talking to you Jacon) and explosive high notes for my liking. Why is that Idol goes crazy for these attempts at classic R&B yet everything I hear on my radio is autotuned shlock?

42. Larry says:

I’m probably one of the only people who absolutely LOATHED the entire Jacon Lusk thing. He’s talented, but WTF was that? That was 50 kinds of too much. And the scene afterward? It’s like taking the emotions of Tatiana del Toro and mixing it with the supreme ego of Michael Lynche.

What bothers me the most is the way these performers butcher song lyrics. God Bless the Child does not have a line that says “Honey, you’ve got lots of friends…” it’s “Money, you’ve got lots of friends.” And I’m Telling You doesn’t have a line that says “You can say what you want I’m not wanting out.” It’s WALKING out. I’m cranky, I know.

• Bill says:

Butchering lyrics is annoying enough, but I would be delighted if melisma were completely outlawed. It’s so refreshing when a young singer defies the tradition of Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera and just hits. the. note. and. holds. it. I am disgusted with the endless runs and turns and…melisma. Enough already!

43. dj says:

Is there a person in America who doesn’t know that Ashley got let through because she’s a trainwreck and that makes for good TV?

44. Alex says:

Does anyone else think that Chris Medina is Andrew Garcia 2.0?

45. Rachel says:

slezack, i’m glad to have found you post! hope tvline is treating you well. psyched you’re still writing about idol.

46. shaunna says:

i want Jacon Lusk to win- he has star power, icredible voice and soul and sings from the heart like Adam Lambert

47. SabrinA says:

Where is Jackie Wilson???? Shes one of my Favorites!!!