Ratings: Glee and NCIS On Top, While Traffic Light Is Looking a Little Green

Fox’s Glee topped the demos this Tuesday, on a night when most every network show was down in the ratings and overall viewership.

Specifically, Glee led the pack with a 4.2 rating (dipping 7 percent week-to-week), while playing to 10.46 million total viewers (down 9 percent).

Glee Recap: You Gotta Bieb-lieve!

Later in the night things weren’t nearly as gleeful for Fox, as the midseason comedy Traffic Light (3.57 million viewers/1.5 rating) plunged 21 percent from its premiere to fall below the season average of its ill-fated time slot predecessor, Running Wilde.

Elsewhere this Tuesday:

8/7c | NCIS, TV’s No. 1 scripted series, dipped 4 percent in total viewers (to 19.5 mil) and tied a season-low rating of 3.7. Both No Ordinary Family (1.5) and One Tree Hill (0.8) enjoyed small gains in the demos.

NCIS Exclusive First Look: Trouble For ‘Tiva’?

9/8c | NCIS: LA led the hour with typical tallies (16.8 million viewers and a 3.3 rating). ABC bubble series V held steady with a total audience of 5.39 million while notching a slight increase with the 18-49 crowd (hitting 1.9).

The Good Wife Recap: What Twist Surprised You Most?

10/9c | The Good Wife led in viewers with 11.4 million of ’em, yet tied a series-low 2.0 rating. Both Detroit 1-8-7 (5.2 mil/1.2) and Parenthood (5.1 mil/1.9) slipped a few percentage points in both measures.

Parenthood Exclusive: Meet Amber’s New Boyfriend!

What was playing on your TV this Tuesday?

1. Chmarin says:

Raising Hope is a timeslot hit, that’s why the 9.30 comedies are failing miserably. Hope can’t provide a good enough lead-in, and when you pair that with the mediocrity of the 9.30 shows, you get a recipe for failure.

Once again – another sad Sweeps day. The Good Wife only a 2.1, Parenthood 1.9? It’s ridiculous.

Also, even with those pathetic numbers, I wouldn’t be shocked if ABC gave V another 10-episode season. I mean – and I can’t believe I’m writing this – V not only beat the other two Tuesday shows, it also beat last week’s Off The Map and Sunday’ Brothers & Sisters. Geez.

2. kathyl says:

I think the new show Traffic Light just sucks & that’s why no one is watching it.

3. John says:

It’s starting to sound like 4-5 million people with a 1.7-1.9 demo is your “Twenty-Teens” (copy it, it’s gonna catch on I swear) standard for a consistent genre show audience. It’s interesting because it doesn’t seem to fluctuate much from network to network. Could this be the new benchmark for shows like Fringe, Chuck, V, etc?

4. Lee Harvey says:

I was watching Detroit 187 as usual. I hope the show escapes the reaper.

5. kyrjar says:

Glee has dropped to a new low in quality of writing. The episode was one of the most unrealistic (on so many fronts). I overlooked the inconsistency of characters and faster than soap opera break ups for the fun of the music. But it didn’t make up for the many script/character weaknesses with the music this week.

6. Jon says:

I love Raising Hope, but Traffic Light just turns me off instantaneously, still not as bad as Running Wilde. So I have to resort to DVRing Raising Hope and watch V instead.

• Chmarin says:

I’m not defending Traffic Light here, but – V DOESN’T turn you off instantaneously? That show is like the ABC version of the SyFy original DinoCroc vs. MegaPython vs. OctoShark or whatever.

7. John Berggren says:

I too am encouraged that the V numbers (compared to the other ABC shows) might get it a season 3 reprieve. The producers and writers will really have to work hard to earn it though. This season has been an improvement, but they need to bring it.

8. Michael Sacal says:

With its use of mostly CGI-created sets, V must be a relatively-inexpensive show to produce, right? How much does that influence the decision to renew it based on the ratings it gets?

• Jaymii says:

That tied in with how many projects in development ABC currently have. CGI is a constant thing though, which in a way might make it more expensive than leaning on pre-built sets all the time.

9. JB says:

It still perplexes me that The Good Wife, Parenthood, and Southland — three excellent dramas that feature probably the best acting on tv are ALL during the same time slot. The Good Wife and Parenthood are totally canabalizing each other’s audience.

10. Lili says:

I have to say that V was phenomenal last night. I really hope they don’t decide to not renew this show, it’s good ( it’s not the original) but it’s starting to get very very interesting so I hope ABC doesn’t go the route of Invasion….

Sad sad sad still about that one.

11. Will says:

What about Raising Hope?

12. eviltwit says:

I watched The Good Wife. I stopped watching Glee sometime during Season Two.

13. sherimoonzombie says:

No kidding. That is the best 30 min of TV on Tuesday – hands down! I honestly can’t remember the last show that made me laugh out loud, even to the point of tears. Love love love it!

14. Michael Sacal says:

Last week

ABC’s V (5.4 mil/1.8) enjoyed gains of 3 and 6 percent, respectively

This week

Slow and steady wins the race… right?

15. jasin says:

Really like V and Parenthood. Wish Parenthood had a better timeslot. I could see it doing better at an early timesot though I’m not sure where it would fit. MAybe on Mondays before Harry’s LAw and get rid of The Cape.

16. jason says:

sooner we get rid of the entirely flawed ratings system, the better television will become.
    Good shows, with good ratings get canceled for medicre garbage with inflated ratings is renewed and renewed.

Time for the ratings to go imo

17. jason says:

Time V was canceled, who writes the scripts for this show, 10 year old kids? the dialog is just shocking, everything about the show is a serious embarrassment to the original.

Quite how this show got a second season defies logic..

18. Tiffany says:

What was I watching this past Tuesday? The same thing I watch every Tuesday. No matter what. Rain or shine. Repeat or new. I have to get my Mark Harmon fix so I tune in for NCIS and enjoy every minute of it! NCIS: LA…no can do, my friends. If it’s not Team Gibbs, I’m not interested. Period.

19. J.D. says:

There is no doubt in my mind that NCIS is crashing… All you hear on the show is Yes Boss, No Boss, Yes Boss, No Boss, Yes Boss, No Boss, Yes Boss, No Boss, Yes Boss, No Boss, Yes Boss, Yes Boss…

Nobody talks like that! All it needs is some decent writers with intelligence enough to eliminate the whole Boss obsession!

20. wilky says:

Good wife is boring. CBS should get rid of iyt