Lost's Michael Emerson Reunites With J.J. Abrams In CBS Pilot Person Of Interest

Lost alum Michael Emerson is set as a lead in Jonah Nolan’s CBS pilot Person Of Interest, which is being executive-produced by Lost co-creator J.J. Abrams.

Lost‘s Jorge Garcia Cast In J.J. Abrams’ Alcatraz Pilot

The project, directed by Heroes‘ David Semel, is a crime drama centered on an ex-CIA agent, presumed dead, who teams up with a mysterious billionaire (Emerson) to prevent violent crimes in New York City.

An Emmy winner during his run on Lost, Emerson originally reunited with Abrams for a different project this development season: the action drama Odd Jobs, which was to star Emerson and fellow Lost alum Terry O’Quinn, with Abrams producing and Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec writing. That project landed at NBC in September, but was recently pushed to a later development timetable.

Emerson guest-starred on NBC’s Parenthood earlier this week.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Pilots

1. Jeanne says:

This is great! I really wanted to see Emerson alongside Terry O’Quinn, but still I can’t wait to watch either of them on TV again.

2. Carter says:

What does “pushed” mean? So the Locke & Linus pilot at NBC is a no go or is it just delayed?

3. Matt says:

Is it really reuniting if Abrams was long gone from Lost by the time Emerson joined? Or does that ruin the tasty headline?

• John says:

Yes, it does, because Abrams was still an EP for Lost. If you work for the same boss twice we’d call it reuniting even if you don’t really meet the guy. It’s an applicable expression, even if it ruins your tasty snarky comment.

4. Jacob says:

Very cool, but my heart will still long for the day when Locke and Linus share the screen once again.

5. Adriaan says:

JJ Abrams has the attention span of a goldfish. It happened with Alias, it happened with Lost and it will happen to all of his other shows too.

That being said, I will watch this show for Michael Emerson alone. DESPITE JJ Abrams.

6. godzilla_foil says:

So, he’s a billionaire behind everything. That’s interesting for all the right reasons.

7. Lou says:

Interested in this for many reasons, Emerson, JJ but most importantly Nolan’s involvement. The brief sypnosis doesn’t sound that interesting but considering Nolan’s previous work (Memento and The Prestige in particular) expect lots of twists and turns.

8. jj says:

Until Emerson and Abrams come out in a public interview and cop to this I won’t believe any of it. Don’t see it anywhere on the major entertainment sights.

9. xanana says:

It sounds almost exactly like Human Target, season 2. Billionairess funds ex-assassin (instead of ex-CIA) to right the wronged. AKA, The Equalizer. I’d much rather the Odd Jobs pilot went forward.

10. Chad says:

Still could be a good place for him to reunite with O’Quinn. Couldn’t he play the ex-CIA agent? I’m in.

11. Bob says:

Until you actually see it on a network schedule, it doesn’t exist. And even then, a lot can happen between May up-fronts and Fall debuts.

12. Howdy I am so glad I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing
    on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like
    to say thank you for a incredible post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time
    to browse it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be
    back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great work.