True Blood Exclusive: Meet Alcide's New 'Boss'

True Blood‘s werewolf hierarchy is about to experience a tectonic shift.

Daniel Buran is joining the HBO smash as Raoul, the werewolf packmaster of Shreveport. By my calculations, that makes him Alcide’s boss!

Buran, whose credits include appearances on CSI: NY, Criminal Minds and Southland, as well as CSI creator Anthony Zuiker’s digi-novel Level 26: Dark Origins, will appear in roughly seven episodes of TB‘s upcoming fourth season.

Thoughts?

Comments (39)

• Seven episodes?! That’s more than half the season! Now I’m super curious as to what his role will actually be. And Daniel looks younger than Joe, so it’ll be interesting to see what their dynamic will be on the show then.
    Can’t wait!!

Comment by vienna – February 15, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised that Alan Ball picked the name RAOUL as a packmaster. Buran’s cool. I’m so excited for season 4. This TrueBlood withdrawal’s killing me

Comment by gyunike – February 15, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Without my DVR full of TB Season’s 1-3 my withdraw would be unbearable..I feel you!

Comment by Michael – February 16, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alan didn’t pick the name. Raoul’s in the books.

Comment by Ash – February 16, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • by no means as hot as alcide. i’ll watch though.

Comment by Liz – February 15, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed

we’ll need to see him naked too

Comment by me – February 15, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish the tv series was more like the books. Ah well I still love it! Should be interesting to see

Comment by meryl – February 15, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t care. Have lost will to watch television since FNL finished. Will no doubt watch and care about True Blood, but it’s too early for me. Like taking a date to husband’s funeral. Will come read again in a few more months.

Comment by Jo – February 15, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MEH. I wish they had stuck to the books on this one and kept the pack leader as Alcide’s dad.

Comment by Lisa – February 15, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he beats Alcide’s dad for pack leader, then Alcide beats him

Comment by me – February 15, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • On the show or in the books ? That’s not what happens in the books. (It’s some other guy, not Raoul — Patrick Furnan right?). Since Raoul doesn’t show up till wayyyyyy later in the books, they will probably reprise his role for the show to be something somewhat related but not the same, as they did with Russell Edgington (awesomely!!) this past season, and MaryAnn (not so awesomely) the year before.

Comment by Hooch – February 15, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alcide’s dad was never packmaster in the book. Colonel Flood was packmaster of Shreveport, then he died in book 5. Jackson Herveaux, Alcide’s dad, was in the running for packmaster, but died during the competition. Then Patrick Furnan became packmaster.

Comment by A – February 19, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liz, I don’t think they were going to cast anyone as hot as Alcide. I believe I read (a little while back) that the casting call was put out for this role and the person had to be shorter than Joe. I’m assuming they wouldn’t want him as hot either…no matter who the “boss” is, Alcide is clearly the star of the pack!

Comment by Cheeks – February 15, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mmm, looks like Johnny Galecki’s brother. HOT. Can’t wait to watch. And why on earth would you want the show to be exactly like the books? Nobody would watch, ’cause they’d know the plot already. DUH.

Comment by beth – February 15, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s named Raoul? Does this mean that we will never see Raoul the vampire on the show?

Comment by Mie – February 15, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think he’s pretty hot, he kind of looks like a manlier Orlando Bloom. Pretty much the whole show is just a parade of the hottest men in showbiz. Alcide, Bill, Eric, Jason, they are all painfully gorgeous! All the women are just average though IMHO (by hollywood standards, I mean), has anyone else noticed this ??

Comment by Hooch – February 15, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they keep the women average looking on purpose. Who says that only hot looking women can get hot looking guys? It gives us average looking, but very smart amazons something to hope for.

Comment by Bean – February 16, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no1curr about alcide. can’t you get some eric spoilers?

Comment by cate – February 15, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, where are the Eric spoilers?! I don’t care about that stupid wolf!

Comment by Michelle – February 15, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol…Preach!

Comment by Dani C – February 15, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello: The only reason I read you is for Eric spoilers. I’m waiting here!

Comment by Rebecca – February 15, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been losing interest in True Blood. Started before I read the books and then read most of the books and IMO the show doesn’t hold a candle to the books. I’m perfectly fine to changes that enhance the story (see the addition of Jessica and her relationship with Hoyt) but I dislike changes that are made for no reason or IMO make the storyline worse (see Maryann or changing Calvin from a pretty awesome guy to a major creep).

Club Dead’s interactions between Sookie and Alcide had me hooked but I wasn’t really feeling it in the show. And changing the manner of Lorena’s death really made me bummed.

Comment by Carrie – February 15, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch “True Blood” and I had to click to see who this hot man is. Might have to tune in!

Comment by amy – February 15, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m confused-Alcide is from Jackson, MS not Shreveport, LA so I don’t see how this new guy is gonna be his packmaster. I agree that some of the changes are for the better & some are so annoying it makes me want to scream. I really don’t like things that completely go against the mythology created by Charlaine Harris, like the relationship between Bill & Lorena and to some degree the relationship between Bill & Jessica. I’m also confused because I’m pretty sure that when I read the casting description for this new character Raoul, it said he was supposed to be between the ages of 40 & 60 and this guy looks much younger than that.

Comment by Noelle – February 15, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alcide isnt from Jackson. He does Business in Jackson, but he lives in Shreveport. At least, thats how it is in Books.

Comment by Eeva – February 15, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m confused as well Noelle. As you said, Alcide is from Jackson, MS and is a member of the Jackson pack. Also, Alcide took Sookie with him to meet with the Jackson pack master, Col. Flood, who was made a wuss by the writers & AB and not the noble man, he was in the books. I think Michael is mistaken. Unless Alcide moves to Shreveport for some reason in S4, but is he going to abandon his father and company in Jackson?

Comment by Kathy – February 15, 2011 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PS: I think this guy looks WAY hotter than Alcide. I’m not into hulking bulging hair-waxed off muscles.

Comment by Kathy – February 15, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Coloned Flood was Shreveports packmaster in the books.. We never met Jacksons packmaster in the books..

Comment by Eeva – February 15, 2011 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Eeva, You’re right I haven’t read the book in a while, rereading it now. The show messed me up as it seemed they were in Jackson when they met with Col. Flood, who therefore seemed to be the Jackson packmaster. This is why I have a hate/obsessed relationship with the show. There’s no reason Col. Flood had to be a wuss and no reason to introduce him in Season 3 like that.

That’s why this season makes or breaks whether I continue to watch the show. I’m weary of the senseless changes just for the sake of making changes. They don’t make the story better, they just confuse it or suck up time.

Comment by Kathy – February 16, 2011 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want Eric too!!

Comment by elsa – February 15, 2011 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont like them changing storylines this much :( Its like using characters Charlaine gave us and ruining them :(
    They better not take away memoryloss storyline!

Comment by Eeva – February 15, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure in the books that Alcide is a member of the Shreveport pack. I don’t think Sookie goes all the way back to Jackson to help with the packmaster fight that Alcide’s father is involved with, it’s definitely in Shreveport. And I just googled it and Col. Flood is packmaster of the Shreveport pack. I can’t really remember but I think Alcide and his father are from Shreveport and they also have a location for their business in Jackson? I know that Alcide keeps an apartment there and his sister lives there but he is definitely a member of the Shreveport pack.

Comment by Carrie – February 15, 2011 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s HOT !
    But the Hot Viking is still my fave.

Comment by Laurel – February 16, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am having some serious TB withdrawl.
    We all need to thaw out from this winter with True Blood !

Comment by Laurel – February 16, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about some new Eric news. Come on Mr. Ausiello you can do it find some Eric gossip for us.

Comment by Sara – February 16, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Col Flood was the packmaster in Shreveport, he dies and Patrick and Jackson (Alcide’s dad) fight for packmaster, Jackson loses. Then after Hurricane Katrina, another pack comes long and Patrick dies, and Alcide takes over. Who the hell is Raoul??

Comment by Queenofpain97 – February 16, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought he was a minor werewolf character that showed up way later in the books (I want to say book 10?) … but I read them awhile ago and I googled around and can’t find any reference to him. So I could be wrong.

Comment by Hooch – February 17, 2011 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for Bubba to arrive, shouldn’t he turn up soon?

Comment by Cindy – February 18, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • alan ball bring Daniel Buran back from the dead, he is so beautiful and did not get to take his shirt off. He is a great actor and is the most gorgeous in a while to look at on True Blood. Love the show/

Comment by Gloria Walker – October 11, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post