Exclusive: Meet the Newest Office Staffer

The Office 2.0 is beginning to take shape.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that model-turned-actress Cody Horn (Rescue Me) has been tapped to fill one of the three new roles being added to the NBC comedy in the post-Steve Carell era.

Not much is known about Horn’s character, except that she’ll be a pleasant and smart addition to Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton branch. She’ll also be involved in a hot-and-heavy romance with a longtime staffer — that is if this next quote from executive producer and costar Paul Lieberstein (Toby) is to be believed.

“We’re very excited to have found Cody,” Lieberstein tells TVLine. “We’ve been searching for a love interest for Creed for a long time. So just sit back and get ready to be disgusted.”

It wouldn’t be the first time Horn was involved in a noxious TV romance. On Rescue Me, Horn played Sean’s seemingly perfect girlfriend who just so happened to suffer from post-coital flatulence. (Horn’s other noteworthy credit was a supporting role in the Rob Reiner-directed teen romance Flipped.)

Horn’s Office gig will start off as recurring but I’m told there’s serious series regular potential.

The other two Office roles being cast include Stanley’s other daughter and a new male addition to the accounting department.

Comments (76)

• well, at least she is hot. let’s see if she can be funny

Comment by scott brecht – February 15, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let me just say this no one can replace Steve Carell. When he’s gone the office will not be good anymore sorry. Steve Carell was the only reason why the office was good.

Comment by dex – February 15, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the episodes have been improving since the New Year. Micheal doesn’t seem as retarded in his quests for self fulfillment and love with Holly. The romances,and they way the rest of the workers treat the romances,are all very funny and unique

To be honest there isn’t any other t.v. show on right now that I would rather watch. So I’m definitely on board for the changes that will be made

Comment by Bart – February 15, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I completely disagree. Yes Steve Carell had a huge part in making The Office as big of a success as it is, but the writing for this show is phenomenal! Without the writers that it has The Office would be a memory now. Yes the show will be different without Steve, but they do have very smart writers. It’s still going to be a great show without Steve.

Comment by Jinksy – February 15, 2011 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Kristie Allen replaced Shelly Long in Cheers and she was phenomenal.

Comment by Joan Arbil – February 16, 2011 08:15 AM PDT
      • Not true. Yes Steve is amazing, but the supporting cast is also incredibly entertaining; not to mention the fact that it has already been for-shadowed that Steve’s replacement is going to be Ricky Gervais who is not only one of the greatest comedians of all time, he is the creator of The Office. It’s going to be great!

Comment by dc – February 16, 2011 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t there already an actress that plays Stanley’s daughter from a few seasons ago? Is she not available to reprise her role?

Comment by Sarah – February 15, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The cast is big enough already. Why would they need four accountants!? I don’t like the sound of this news at all.

Comment by Liz – February 15, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The economy is improving and they have money in the budget to hire another accountant? Let’s see what they do with the new cast instead of just rush to judgment right now. Besides, I just saw a rerun of a first season episode where they showed a bunch of people in the background who mysteriously disappeared without explanation after season 1. DM has had other people work there before, so why not bring in some new people? Besides, how many offices do you know who keep pretty much the same staff over a 6 year period?

Comment by Doug – February 15, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well said. I believe this can all end up working out. All the writers (the majority of the smaller roles) are pretty much in tact if not all of them; I’m good with whatever changes they decide to make. I don’t think there has been an added character I didn’t like or end up liking.

Comment by Justin – February 15, 2011 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I WOULD GIVE MY RIGHT ARM TO WORK IN THAT OFFICE

Comment by CAROL – February 15, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It sounds like the “staff” will be shrinking to make room for any new additions. Meredith, Kevin, and/or Andy could possible be characters leaving, just my opinion, no facts or story behind it.

Comment by Ken – February 15, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I happened to be playing poker with (actual) KEVIN… He bought a house not too long ago. He will never leave SABRE…

Comment by STANLEY – February 15, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They might need another accountant because one of the current accountants might become the new boss! I actually don’t see any of the current accountants being good for the job but it’s a thought.

Comment by Oz – February 15, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, me to. Those three accountants are irreplaceable.

Comment by marson – February 16, 2011 02:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hasn’t Olivia Munn on Perfect Couples shown us that “hot” doesn’t always funny?

Comment by Dan – February 15, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said, Dan. Hot doesn’t always funny, indeed.

Comment by Jacob – February 15, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well said, Jacob. :)

Comment by Ben – February 15, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have seen every episode of Rescue me and yet I cannot remember her at all.

Comment by Snsetblaze – February 15, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve never seen any episodes of Rescue Me, but imdb.com doesn’t list that show as one of her credits.

Comment by XGatorHead 8904 – February 15, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At first I thought she looked like the girl that played Leary’s younger daughter, but that’s not her. No Rescue Me credit on imdb, either.

Comment by Ian – February 15, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is going to be in the new season of Rescue Me which stars June 29th. She is a fairly new actress.

Comment by Oz – February 15, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, okay. The story made it sound like she’s already been on Rescue Me since it said she “played” (past tense) Sean’s girlfriend.

Comment by XGatorHead 8904 – February 16, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s great that Creed will be getting more of a storyline.

Comment by Jon – February 15, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Every episode I look forward to the amazing one-liner, scene stealer by Creed.

Comment by Justin – February 15, 2011 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, A Creed romance! Please let that be true! Just the thought of it has me rolling! lol

Comment by Jenny – February 15, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • must be nice to have an important daddy!

Comment by elliott – February 15, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also have seen every episode of Rescue Me and have no recollection of her, or the storyline mentioned in the article. Can anyone clear this up?

Comment by Brad – February 15, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have recollection of her and I have watched the series twice maybe a third time is in order just because of her lol

Comment by Eryn – February 15, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just what The Office needs – MORE people, especially models! Models, as we all know, always bring the funny.

Comment by Steve – February 15, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Again I as well do not recall her nor the character…

And Stanley’s Daughter is going to be on the show?… I don’t know if I like that, can I be on the show as Micheal’s Step Dad’s Other Son He had with Micheal’s mom or something?

Additionally yeah why do they need an Another Accountant?

I do recall in one Episode (maybe even one of the first episodes in Season 1, it was a Halloween Episode I believe) that Micheal tells Accounting to find enough money in the budget for basically the amount to keep him from firing someone and Angela says, ‘Well there is one department that has 3 people doing the work of 2′ and was referring to accounting.

Def More Creed is a Good Thing.

Comment by TheBRADLeyB – February 15, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Geez…criticize and complain much? Chill out.

Comment by Chelsea Heath – February 15, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they should bring back Michael’s nephew

Comment by nigerfan – February 15, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess who isn’t watching next season!!! The show is gonna suck without Michael

Comment by THIS GUY – February 15, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching tons of tv series on Netflix. Guess how many seasons long term popular shows go after losing their main character. One.

I hope she doesn’t splurge on business cards…

Comment by Tim – February 15, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • M*A*S*H

Comment by Deb – February 15, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, but what show are you referring to that continued after losing their main character?

Comment by Lindsay – February 15, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Andy Griffith Show, Cheers, MASH, Threes Company, All Ensemble shows that lost a lead and continued

Comment by Sully – February 15, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How long did the following shows last without the MAIN character?

Andy Griffith on The Andy Griffith Show
        Ted Danson on Cheers
        Alan Alda on M*A*S*H

We shall see if The Office is resilient enough to survive without the glue that made the show unique.

Comment by Zeldar – February 15, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Alan Alda was on every episode of MASH, I think he’s talking about McLean Stevenson.

Comment by Sam – May 1, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shannen Dorotty left charmed and it stayed on for 5 more years.

Comment by Caringtype1 – July 24, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think he was joking about the Creed romance lol

Comment by Pete – February 15, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hard to discern whether Paul L’s being serious or just goofing with interviewers, but the prospect of having even just a minor romantic side plot based around Creed makes me smile inside and out.

By the by, what’s with all the hate? I’ll miss the frakk out of Steve Carell, but I couldn’t bear to say goodbye to ALL of my Dunder Mifflin “family.” I have too, too much love for Angela and Kevin and Dwight and Pam and Andy…

Comment by OddGirlie – February 15, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment by Handsome Smitty – February 15, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Andy…the greatest addition to the OFFICE I love this guy. We need more of any singing – remember Rainbow Connection – classic

Comment by MD – March 4, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please just end the show. It is already in decline. I am afraid that after Carell leaves the show it will just not be good anymore.

Comment by bill – February 15, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are SO right! The show jumped the shark quite a while ago. The first 3 seasons were some of the best TV I’ve ever seen. Season four had some good moments. The writing has since become infantile and uninspired. I still watch in hopes of seeing a glimmer of the greatness of what once was…. but I’m always disappointed.

Comment by Bert Saraco – February 15, 2011 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It seems like in every long time show I’ve ever seen, the characters always have to evolve into something else and often times into positions that are too “responsible”. Then the show starts losing its appeal. I still liked the office past season 3 but it’s definitely not the same. Pam just doesn’t work right in sales and it’s too odd to see Dwight as the cynical angry person. Even Jim as the irresponsible guy talking to the secretary Pam just isn’t the same as a manager and leader. It does not make sense.

Comment by Zeldar – February 15, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say give the original office people more storylines,such as Phyllis I like it that they look like regular people in the REAL office world. Don’t fall into the same trap of desperately pulling in new people to revamp the show, it only shows up as desperate and won’t make it!!! Please, this is my favorite show. Hate to lose it!!!

Comment by Handsome Smitty – February 15, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is still great! But I am afraid of what will happen post Steve! As much as I love him I am kind of mad at him for breaking up the gang, and very probably ruining the show :(

Comment by Lindsay – February 15, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh Creed’s love interest? “Get ready to be disgusted?” No thanks – I’d rather stop watching. Steve Carrell’s leaving is bad enough – and this season already stinks. Not wasting my time. Stick a fork in it already – it’s done. Spin off a show with Jim and Pam and their newborn – now that I would watch…

Comment by office fan – February 15, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope Michael & Holly, Gabe & Erin have a double wedding and ride off into the sunset together. The Gabe & Erin characters are TOTALLY ruining the show with their stupidity! Was not sad to hear that Mindy Kaling’s contract is also up. Wait, can they have a triple wedding and maybe rent an SUV to ride off into the sunset together?

Comment by Bree – February 15, 2011 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mindy writes some of the BEST episodes. SHE would be missed!

Comment by Dan – March 10, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know who should get a love interest? Toby! He’s just such a sweet guy. He deserve it. I mean not Creed. LOL.

Comment by Ben J. – February 15, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Creed would be a hoot in a romantic entanglement, but maybe have like.. Cyndi Lauper or some other egdy, 80-era type..
      Toby is sweet.. but lovelorn is his ‘thing’.. He’ll always have a thing for Pam, I think.

Comment by LJR – February 15, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, let me just say this. If Creed falls for her, holy crap. That would be some of the funniest scenes, and I can NOT wait for it, lol!

Comment by Joe – February 15, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I’m hopelessly out of the loop… who is replacing the Michael character?

Comment by LJR – February 15, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just want more Jim and Pam

Comment by brady – February 15, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE HER. So excited to hear this!

she’s also in an upcoming movie called The Occupant that I’m SO excited for:

Girlfriend is making it and I’m so, incredibly happy for her :D

Comment by Tasha – February 15, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also heard that Will Farrell will be making some appearances on the show. That should be funny!

Comment by Donna – February 15, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Farrell is the other new character. Doesn’t matter… The Office will suck and die once Steve Carell leaves. They should just hang it up.

Comment by Emis – February 15, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am SOOOOO hoping they say goodbye to Kelly. I know she won’t be leaving but she is easily the most replaceable character on the show. I know she writes stuff for the show and maybe she should JUST do that. I hope they place her in another office. She was in the minority training program. Its time to put that to use Kelly. GOODBYE.

Comment by caleb – February 15, 2011 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree… I love Kelly!

Comment by Lindsay – February 17, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Enough Hating. Just let this play out. I couldn’t bear to be without the office each week. Even if it was different, it would be better TV than most of what is on right now. NBC is doing it big with the thursday night lineup and Steve Carrell is just thinking about his career. Im not mad at him. Just don’t cast another “Michael” Let the show be differently funny somehow. Maybe a shy manager that needs help running the office and enlists the help of someone in the office. It cant take a serious tone obviously but a first year manager who the office employees just walk all over would work for me.

Comment by caleb – February 15, 2011 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Kyle Bornheimer as the replacement for Steve. He played Sam on Worst Week. He did have a scene on the Office, he filmed the Dundler Mifflin commercial. Still would love to see him on the office.

Comment by neal – February 16, 2011 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE THE OFFICE.

Comment by TIM – February 16, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’d be awesome if they could somehow replace Steve Carrell with R. Lee Ermy

Comment by Rich – February 17, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they’re trying to trick us with that little cameo by Ricky Gervais. Don’t forget about Todd Packer…

Comment by Zack – February 24, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post