Exclusive

Parenthood Exclusive: Amber's New BF is Greek's Scott Michael Foster!

With Greek about to close the book on Casey and Cappie, Scott Michael Foster is lining up his first rebound romance!

The actor is joining NBC’s Parenthood (Tuesdays at 10/9c) for a multi-episode arc as Gary, the new older man in Amber’s (Mae Whitman) life. The two meet when she gets a job at her Aunt Julia’s law firm, where he’s already working his slacker charms as valet captain.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Parenthood and More!

So far, Foster is booked for at least two episodes, the first of which is tentatively scheduled to air in late April. Meanwhile, Greek is counting down to its March 7 series finale on ABC Family.

1. mandy says:

This is fantastic! I love Parenthood and Greek so this is going to help with my heartache with Greek coming to an end! YEAAAAAA!

2. S says:

• Kristen says:

Are you kidding me. Cappie is the best thing about Greek.

I hate Parenthood but looks like I’ll have to watch it now.

• dale says:

Your an idiot

• Brie says:

Now that Ive read that you actually DISLIKE Parenthood and LIKE Greek, your standards in shows must be pretty low. ABC “Family” shows are all about trashy, cliche and morally compromised American youth. Their shows are disgusting. Parenthood is one of the few shows that has recently come out that isn’t about whoring out America’s youth for a television rating.

• wth says:

um…when I read this: “ABC “Family” shows are all about trashy, cliche and morally compromised American youth. Their shows are disgusting.” I must say I don’t like any other show on ABC Family, except Greek – the other shows are geared towards 12 to 16 year olds…Greek, not so much. you MIGHT want to do your research before you trash an entire network and make assumptions about all it’s shows. Greek is a quality show with RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING writing, and excellent acting. Obviously it’s different than other ABC Family shows – it’s cancelled. It doesn’t fit the rest of their lame programming.

• Anna says:

Greek was canceled after 4 seasons. This happened at a reasonable time to me, after all most of the characters graduated. It would be almost impossible to keep them all in the same cast without stretching themselves too thin.

• Michael says:

Standards according to whom? Do you some help down off of your soapbox? Huge was excellent. Kyle XY was very family friendly. And I would exactly call college students “America’s youth”. Get over yourself.

• lal says:

How old are you twelve? People are allowed to have an opinion that differs from your opinion. Grow up.

• Jenny says:

Yes, I AGREE! CAPPIE is the best thing about Greek.

• Totes says:

“”@ S no!!!!! he is horrible on greek. he is the only character i can’t stand on that show. don’t taint parenthood with him! and please, God, get the guy a freaking haircut. it is disgusting””

why the hell u watching it then??
      would it not be better for u just to find a other show to watch??
      stop being a ### about it and grow up!
      no one is making u to watch it!
      oh and by the way i love his haircut!

• Lau says:

You are truly an idiot : )

• Christina says:

You are crazy! He is the most lovable character!

3. Sam says:

Aw I love him on Greek! I think he will be terrific.

4. Emma says:

I’ve never seen Greek but I’m a Mae Whitman and Parenthood fan so this is exciting. I do have a question :) The episode is “tentatively” scheduled to air in “late April”, does that mean we’re going to have to suffer a new very long hiatus? Episode 18 is scheduled to air on March 1st…

5. Lisa says:

Well I know what show I’m going to start watching in April! YES… I hope he keeps getting jobs I’m going to miss watching him regularly on my TV

6. Heidi says:

Well. I think I might have to start watching Parenthood now!

7. Potch says:

Woooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

8. LIZ says:

Parenthood is amazing. Writing, acting, storylines, EVERYTHING YOU NEVER KNEW YOU ALWAYS WANTED IN A SHOW!

9. Sue says:

I like the actor but I hope he cuts his hair.

• Summer says:

I was about to post the same thing! It was cute in the first season of Greek, but lately, it’s been looking not so hot.

10. Aiden says:

Excellent! Still bummed about Greek’s upcoming series finale, but this gives me something to look forward to see after it airs. Parenthood’s quickly becoming a a favorite reliable show, and I can’t believe it’s gonna get a Greek dose with Scott Michael Foster.

11. Chris W says:

I love Scott on whatever show he is on.

12. S says:

I am glad people agree with me on the hair. it really needs to go.

13. Stephanie says:

Could I love this anymore?! … NO!!!

14. Magda says:

Cool to be able to put a face to the Gary character. I´m worried about Amber going off the wagon again, though. She did so well this season. Mainly I dont want to see sad Sarah again.

15. Lauren says:

Cool, good to put a face to the Gary character. I´m just worried that Amber will go off wagon again. She did so well this season. Basically I just don´t want to see Sarah sad again.

16. Rosanna says:

If the show GREEK was sooo great they wouldn’t be canceling it. That means they don’t have enough views which means the showed sucked! Haha

• Alyssa says:

Are you serious? Some of the best shows in recent memory have been cancelled too soon because people are not watching them. Reality shows are about the only solid performers on tv these days. And if you would rather watch the Bachelor/Wipeout or some other useless, mind numbing show more then I don’t think you’re in any postion to judge what does and does not “suck”.

• Carla says:

I actually just sat through all of Greek on Netflix through my BluRay and to the person who said it was canceled after season 4 I just watched 4 episodes of Season 6 this weekend. As to this post and about the show being canceled…As for most shows that revolve around a school environment once your schooling is over hence the show would end. What do you propose they do?? Have him in college for 10 years…I think NOT. Once the main characters graduate and leave the show it tends to die. As I have a feeling the same will be said for One Tree Hill…It seems to be on its last legs, but last 4 more seasons after graduation.

• alicia says:

That’s not even true though! Parenthood could be seeing its last season soon, but it’s one of the best shows out there! It’s just underrated and doesn’t have enough publicity for people to want to watch it! I’ve never watched GREEK but I’m sure it’s not THAT bad!

17. cory says:

I love parenthood reminds me of my family. I think scott will be a good older boyfriend for “amber” i hate greek the show im glad its over but i like scott lets hope they act good together.

18. Tina says:

I didn’t watch television at all. Until Parenthood came along. Now, it’s the only television program I’ve faithfully watched in the last 10 years. Finally, television worthy of my precious time.

19. Brittney says:

Love Him! Might have to start watching parenthood now

20. Lia says:

Definetly not a good match…he is so out of her league

21. Sharayah says:

Yes! This is the BEST news ever. I LOVE him as Cappie, GREEK is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. And I was upset to find out that this would be the last season. I hope that he has a long arc on the show, and we get to see lots of him!

22. Nicole says:

Love Mae Whitman and Scott Michael Foster – they’re both very quick with great comedic timing. I think this could be amazing. Sad Greek’s on it’s way out, but very glad he’s joining Parenthood, even if it’s only for a little while. Now, we just need Drew to get a storyline.

23. meliot says:

Greek and Parenthood are both on my must see list and I’m really happy Scott will be on my TV for a little while longer. For all you Greek haters – you know not of what you speak.

24. alicia says:

I’ve never watched Greek but i’m sure it’s good! and i LOOOOOOOVE Parenthood! For those who say it’s a bad show, you have obviously never given it a chance or have simply never even watched it and have just made assumptions. It’s actually my favorite show right now and I’m so glad Amber is finally getting a boyfriend (Damien never really counted for me…) CAN’T WAIT.

25. Alise says:

Why do people get so upset? It their own opinions. Calm down people..I never comment on this stuff cuz really I have better things to do than do sit around and find out what the latest spelling errors are. Just grow up and keep your opinions to yourselves. Seriously.

26. Kris says:

I think he was great in Greek. I have never seen Parenthood but I did see him on Melissa and Joey. I think he is very good looking and I think he can act. I wish all the producers would pay attention to him because I hope he will go far because he deserves it.