Exclusive

NCIS Exclusive First Look: Trouble for 'Tiva'?

Fans of CBS’ NCIS (Tuesdays at 8/7c) and its perennially teased Tony/Ziva coupling may want to look away, because TVLine has an exclusive first look at the latest wrench in the works. And this wrench happens to blonde and beautiful.

Exclusive: NCIS Readies Tony-centric Origin Episode

As we previously reported, Brothers & Sisters alum Sarah Jane Morris is joining TV’s most watched scripted program in the recurring role of E.J. Barrett, a Special Agent who, interestingly, took a job that years ago was offered to Tony by Director Jenny Shepard (R.I.P.), to head up an NCIS team in Europe.

CBS Renews NCIS for Ninth Season as Mark Harmon Inks New Deal

Shortly after Special Agent Barrett makes her debut in the March 1 episode — titled “One Last Score” and directed by none other than Michael Weatherly — ripples will be felt throughout Gibbs’ NCIS team. What’s more, we’re told that (sit down now, Tiva fans…) sparks will definitely fly between her and Tony.

Are you looking forward to this new arrival and seeing how she will rock Tony’s world? Do you think Special Agent Barrett’s presence will prompt DiNozzo to reflect on his past, perhaps teeing up the “origin episode” TVLine told you about back in January?

1. as says:

seriously, the only way to publicize MW’s directorial debut is with TIVA? Ugh….
    Until tonight’s ep I was definitely more interested in One Last Score & the reveal of the Rota offer than I am now since it seems the team knows. As far as linking EJ & whatever sparks she have with Tony to Ziva – WHO CARES! Any respect for Ziva died during the last 4 eps of S6….They should have left the character to rot in Somalia

2. Wrongwayup says:

Meh, the NCIS team is much too much like a family for there to be love couples. It’d almost be like a brother and sister were dating if they hook up Tony and Ziva.

3. eviltwit says:

Am I the only person in the world who watches this show for Gibbs? I don’t want him to be alone forever. And, I love Abby. Also, they should give McGee a real woman to like for a change instead of sticking him with duds every time. Don’t get me wrong, I love both Tony and Ziva. But, they’re certainly not the end-all and be-all of the show.

4. davidwong says:

I heard they all die in the end anyways….

5. gibblets says:

Any fan out there that enjoys the show for what it is, has no bias towards any of the characters, likes the current chemistry, and can shamelessly admit to be very exited to EJ’s and Ray’s arrival?

Potassium

6. Mikos says:

Here is the final word ;)

It comes by way of Hugh Laurie, paraphrased from at least,
    I don’t care what they do, only that they do it well.

To everyone else who has such a passionate opinion one way or the other and can’t imagine the other option being done “well” – sucks to be you.

7. a big fan says:

I just have to say that this show is the best, great acting, great character just love it, and the tony character is just perfect for this show, he is just fun :) .

8. nicki123 says:

a little team work here, people! LOL let’s just sit back and enjoy the show for what it is. refrain from psycho-analyzing and over-analyzing the characters. and there is absolutely no need to bash other characters to prove that your favorite character on the show is the best. they all have their flaws, whether you would like to admit it or not. so let’s just all be giddy and excited for the upcoming episodes, shall we? semper fi!

9. Meri says:

Part of the richness of NCIS is that there is so much unspoken, unanswered, and unfulfilled. TIVA should have been and should now be part of that. The two of them should move on but have flashes of chemistry, moments of interest, but not let it become the heavy theme that it has become and make it stop dragging down the series. She should be his “one that got away.”. Otherwise the show has a decent chance of becoming BONES where the ensemble cast that used to be so tight now has a forced quality and is subjugated to the will-they-wont-they of it all!

10. kytivafan says:

I grow weary of all the jealousy between Tony and Ziva. I want them together, but if TPTB won’t allow that, than I would like to see them BOTH in happy relationships with other people – just off screen. Leave the screen time to team time. They can speak of their relationship occassionly, but it should be in the background only and not part of the daily routine. If they keep up with this back and forth jealousy, I am afraid I will have to find another way to spend my Tuesday nights.

11. nancy says:

MY Goodness..stop Ziva/Tony they are just erally GREAT friends and jokers.happens when 2 get together and can have this..EVERYONE else thinks it should be more when it is not or has not gotten there yet. WHY IN EXCUSE ME GOD’S NAME DO WE NEED ANOTHER AGENT??????/ ESPECIALLY ONE WHO IS NOT AS QUALIFIED AS TONY–REMEMBER JENNY GAVE IT TO HIM AND HE REFUSED–SO ARE THE WRITERS GOING TO RUB IT IN HIS AND OUR FACES???????/ WE DONT NEED ANOTHER AGENT… ok in a show or 2 here and there a case crosses BUT REALLY DO WE NEED IT EVERY WEEK??? ARE THEY GOING TO SHOW US A KATE OR PART ZIVA OR LOVE INTEREST OR JUST A SPOILED BITCH AND RUB IT IN OUR NOSES..TONY IS ENOUGH WITH HIS MANY SIDSES WHY ADD ANOTHER AND BRAKE US ALL????JUST GET RID OF HERE BEFORE THE SHOW FALLS OVER ITS3ELF!

12. R Reed says:

Breaking news about TV’s most popular show and a cast member named “Tiva” is introduced in the headline. Who the hell is she ? Could it be that the noble writer of this piece is not even familiar with the current cast?

13. Jan says:

The first time Agent Barrett opened her mouth I thought OH NO! Can’t stand the character already. Hope she doesn’t have too many lines because I don’t want to wear out my finger fast forwarding though every one of her appearances. What were they thinking????????

• bobbie says:

Actually Micheal Weatherly said he helped cast her. She was on Dark Angel with him and so was the other agent on her team.I guess they are having a cozy reunion. Bet he doesn’t invite Jessica Alba.

14. tjay says:

I watched the episode with the new agent. I was not impressed with her. They tried pretty hard to make her interesting … but…boring. She also is not even close to being as beautiful and as funny as Ziva’s character naturally comes across. If the sparks fly between Tony and EJ they are probably going to fizzle faster than anything else. Get rid of her.

15. Marla says:

All the NCIS characters play their parts very well – they all tend to go off, at one time or another, into their own idiosyncrasies but the mix keeps us coming back each week for more, as well as, following the syndicated reruns and the NCIS marathons. I like the flirtation and fire of Tony and Ziva – I do prefer them being a bit more edgy – as far as a love interest for Tony nothing will touch Jeanne Benoit – Tony was so effectual as a man in love – if she were brought back (yes, she is spoiled) but her being his love interest at a distance is fine – Tony and Ziva pair up beautifully but I don’t think they should be together.

16. Laney says:

Didn’t anyone else feel slightly disturbed at Tony’s lurking while EJ was taking a shower? I mean seriously, that’s just creepy.

17. SARA says:

TONY AND ZIVA BELONG 2GETHER ANYONE EHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS STUPID IF THEY CANT SEE THE OBVIOUS CHEMISTRY ON NEARLY EVERY EPISODE TIVA ROCKS BUT THEY BETTER GET TOHETHER SOON AND IT BETTER BE WORTH THE WAIT

18. acdiqcpfj says: