Exclusive: Jamie Bamber Reunites with Battlestar Boss Ron Moore for NBC's Precinct

Get More: Casting News, News, Pilots, Scoop

Frak, yeah! Apollo Jamie Bamber has been coaxed back across the pond by his former Battlestar Galactica boss.

The aesthetically blessed Brit — who returned to his native London after BSG ended to headline Law & Order: UK — has landed a lead role in Ron Moore’s NBC pilot 17th Precinct.

The project, an ensemble cop drama with a sci-fi spin, is set in a fictional town where magic and supernatural elements rule over science.

Bamber will play Caolan, an extremely focused crime scene detective. He joins the recently cast Stockard Channing.

Thoughts?

Comments (64)

• I didn’t realize L&O:UK ended. He is very cute, I was planning on watching anyway, this is just a plus.

Comment by Steven – February 15, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes he is very cute, I can’t wait!

Comment by Jersey Jeff – February 15, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jamie Bamber is MUST SEE TV.

Comment by BRigitte – February 15, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • L&O: UK hasn’t ended.

Comment by Esaul – February 15, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • L&O:UK did not end; Jamie’s character was killed off in an episode called “Deal” when he was shot by accomplices of a just-convicted drug dealer in a drive-by, as Matt (his character) pulled away the real target, a young drug courier, when Matt saw the gun come out of the SUV window.

Jamie has been replaced by Paul Nicholls playing a character called Sam Casey, in episodes now airing in the UK but yet to air (as of November) in North America.

Comment by Patrick – November 27, 2011 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like an interesting show. Jamie Bamber is in it? I’ll be watching. Frak, yeah!

Comment by Sue – February 15, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could we have more actual-Supernatural news please?

Comment by Muffy – February 15, 2011 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • anything that involves Bamber on my screen sounds amazing to me!!

Comment by athena606 – February 15, 2011 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How does the affect his role on L&O:UK then?

Comment by Kevin – February 15, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent!

Comment by Pamela – February 15, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What does that mean for “Law & Order: UK”?

Comment by michelle – February 15, 2011 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He could easily wrap up his character arc in an episode or two in the break if this does well.

Comment by Jaymii – February 15, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SQUEEEEEE!! I followed him to Law and Order UK and loved him and the show, now you’re telling me he’s going to be with Ron Moore again!!!! This coupled with the fact that The Good Wife is BRAND NEW makes this an amazing Tuesday

Comment by Kathryn – February 15, 2011 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME.

Comment by AJ – February 15, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frak yeah! I’m there!

Comment by hannah – February 15, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or does this show kinda sound like Haven on SyFy? Very similar premise at the first glance…hmmmm.

Comment by Meghan – February 15, 2011 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. But I like Haven so…we’ll see.

Comment by spikenalabama – February 15, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was looking through the comments just to see if anyone else thought this sounded like Haven. Guess I’m not the only one.

Comment by Myra – February 15, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great news… but what about L&O UK? That’s a good show… better than L&OLA

Comment by Tre – February 15, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sadly, I’m thinking it’ll go down in 5 if it even gets picked up.

Comment by Mark – February 15, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just hoping that they make liberal use of towels and make the guy go shirtless all the time…i need some good eye candy on TV

Comment by All Fooked Up – February 15, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um…thoughts…well…YAY!!!!!! Is that a thought?

Comment by Stefanie – February 15, 2011 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What does this mean for Law & Order: UK?!? I LOVE IT and I hope they keep filming it!!

Comment by Paula – February 15, 2011 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh frak yes! I am all over this. Now, perhaps RDM would like to cast Katee as Jamie’s snarky, yet beautiful partner. I foresee a little Mulder/Scully 2.0 action going on.

Comment by Megan – February 15, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH HELL YES!!

Comment by Jesse – February 15, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone please get Katee Sackoff cast in this!

Please!

Comment by Michelle – February 15, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like so many others here, glad to hear, BUT….what does this mean for L&O:UK? Are they gonna kill him off? Is that show still in production/on the air?
    Can’t go around dropping tidbits like this one, without the full story, dude!!

Comment by Mykey716 – February 15, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Law and Order is still in production, however Matt Devlin (Jamie Bamber’s character) Has been written out. Apparently Bamber asked to be released from his contract early.

Comment by Angel – February 15, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he gets to keep his British accent. The U.S. is a multicultural country and you hear many different accents throughout the day, if you live in any larger town, let alone a city. I hate it when producers try to homogenize all accents to television English. Let Bamber keep his accent, we’ll adapt if its hard to understand at first.

Comment by Jon – February 15, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Lisa – February 15, 2011 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LAO:UK wouldn’t end because ITV (UK broadcaster) have NBC style UK ratings (aka nearly every drama bombs) and to be honest Bamber isn’t the main actor, he’s just one of them.

Comment by Matt – February 15, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They had me at Stockard Channing – but Jamie Bamber? More towel scenes please.

Comment by John Berggren – February 15, 2011 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a really fun show with a great cast. I’m excited!

Comment by Jenny – February 15, 2011 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST. NEWS. EVAR.

Comment by Megan – February 15, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frak, yeah! So good to hear this :)

Comment by Kiki – February 15, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A sci-fi/fantasy show on NBC? Whatever, it’ll be cancelled in only a few eps.

Comment by xav – February 15, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since this show is on NBC, I see it bombing. Just being realistic. On a cable station, it could be a hit because the requirements for success are lower.
    And, honestly I only watch NBC for the Dateline mysteries on Friday nights.Nothing else on there is worth watching and no new show is going to bring me back there to watching more than once a week.

Comment by Jena – February 15, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sounds a bit like Torchwood, doesn’t it?

Comment by Jonny NYC – February 15, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But, what about Outcasts?
    I’ve only startet watching the first ep, but does that mean tha A) They kill off his character early or B) They’ve killed off the whole show already?

Comment by Terese – February 15, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was wondering. I’ve only seen a tiny preview of Outcasts, but it looks like it’ll be awesome. Hopefully he can do both; UK shows tend to do very short seasons, so if the filming schedule doesn’t overlap it might work.

Comment by Hillary – February 15, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A) … seems he was in Outcasts for just one ep. … or he’s kind of cylon and gonna resurrect LOL

Comment by white rabbit – February 15, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you have seen the 1st episode you should know what happens to him

Comment by Joe Jackson – February 15, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Him plus Stockard Channing …. can’t wait!

Comment by Snsetblaze – February 15, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This could be a show about clipping toenails and as long as JB is in it I will watch with unabashed glee.

Comment by Drew H – February 15, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^I second that. Doesn’t matter what’s going on, even if it sucks, I’m still going to watch it if it has Jamie Bamber in it. Unabashed fan(girling) here, too.

Comment by Sam – February 20, 2011 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frak yes! I have been in need of him since BSG ended.

Comment by Briana – February 15, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds kind of like Haven to me. Meh.

Comment by silf – February 15, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear Michael,

If you’re interested in interviewing one fan about her opinion, I’m available and won’t even charge you. You’ll have fun and you won’t regret it. Fairly articulate answers guaranteed. I’ll provide my own transportation. Limo not necessary…just saying.

Comment by All Fooked Up – February 15, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delighted but wondering too about ‘L&O: UK’ – first Ben Daniels and now Jamie.

Comment by Margaret – February 15, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What?! I had no idea Ben Daniels left L&O:UK. Bummer!

Comment by Lorie – February 15, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jamie Bamber”s accent, too, but his father is American and he spent a lot of time in the US with family. He comes by an American accent authentically. And he speaks French & Italian – love this guy!

Comment by lesliemd – February 15, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOT DAMN!!! I never watched BSG, but I fell in love with Jamie in L&O:UK. I’ll watch him in anything, anywhere, anytime. WOO!!!

Comment by Lorie – February 15, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jamie Bamber, the show sounds interesting. I’m not sure about Stockard Channing though. If she’s like a General Beckman on Chuck that would be fine I guess. Can’t wait to see it!

Comment by Liz – February 15, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stockard Channing? I love her but I wonder if Ron D Moore had the chance to hire Mary McDonnell … it would have been a mega-BSG-Reunion. :P

Comment by Anne134 – February 15, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Ben Daniels and Bill Paterson, with the former quitting and the latter being promoted up to Director of Public Prosecutions. They both left L&O:UK in the 26th episode, which has already aired on Citytv in Canada as the second season finale in December while ITV has yet to air it. Citytv apparently wanted 13 episode sets, so they produce them that way and ITV splits each set into separate “series” of seven and six episodes. BBC America have been running the episodes straight through; they are up to 18. Dominic Rowan and Peter Davison replaced Daniels and Paterson in the set of 13 new episodes that began filming a couple of months ago according to some late November/early December news articles. Bamber was still part of the cast, so he is probably in for at least the first seven and perhaps all 13. Perhaps they will have him punch out a London Assembly member before he goes.

Comment by Marc – February 15, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jamie Bamber has not been written off L&O, he is under contract for 3 series. UK splits each series into 2 parts in the rest of the world it is showed in 13 EP blocks. This pilot has a 30% chance of getting picked up, just like any other pilot. Bamber will not ask out of a contract (or not renew his contract) until he knows the pilot is getting a pick up. With successfully /sarcasm runs like Legend of the seeker, No Ordinary Family, Heroes, The Dresden Files, etc I would think this pilot would be a real hard sell

Comment by Joe Jackson – February 15, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yes! BAMBER>>>BAMBER>>>BAMBER!

Comment by Paulysj – February 15, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is either going to be AWESOME or SUCK. There’s going to be no in-between.

Comment by amy – February 15, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jamie, can’t wait to see this

Comment by Kelly – February 15, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it sucks. LOL. I love L&O UK and and not a fan of the remake of BSG…

Comment by Chelle – September 28, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post