HBO's Lady Gaga Special: Will You Watch?

HBO will host quite the little monsters mash when five-time Grammy winner Lady Gaga headlines her first solo concert special on Saturday, May 7.

Lady Gaga aka Stefani Germanotta “is the single most exciting music talent on the scene today,” HBO Entertainment president Sue Naegle said in announcing the event. “We’re especially thrilled that she’ll be creating unique new elements for the special that will make the show an even more memorable experience for our viewers.”

Ratings: Grammys Hit An 11-Year High Note

Gaga’s concert special will tape February 21 and 22, when Madison Square Garden sets the stage for her “Monster Ball Tour.”

Lady Gaga’s next album, Born This Way, is set for release May 23. Her debut disc, The Fame, earned two Grammy Awards and spawned five No. 1 hits, while the follow-up, The Fame Monster, netted three Grammys this past weekend. Oh, and she sometimes travels the red carpet in a giant egg.

Lady Gaga Gives Glee the OK for “Born This Way”

Will you be tuning in for HBO’s Lady Gaga concert special?

1. jabz says:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. nicole says:

NEVER…

3. AlistairCrane says:

I’m tired of Gaga. She is overrated. People care more about her silly image than her music. Her new song is awful, yet people are buying it, which proves my point.

• Valky71 says:

you should know how influential her music is (way more than her image) and a great spoke person for many important issues. Overated? Maybe you can’t see genious nor understand it.

4. Steven says:

Absolutely not! I’m a gay man and I can’t stand her!

• What does your being gay have to do with anything!? She appeals to fans of all genders, identities, and race. Just because one is gay doesn’t mean they automatically like Gaga, and you pointing out your own homosexuality makes it sound that way.

• Steven says:

Because most gay men love Lady Gaga. I have yet to meet another gay guy who has anything but love for her. And that many gays compare her to Madonna and Cher is just wrong.

• How is she any different from Madonna or Cher though? She’s doing the exact same things they did. Cher was pushing the envelope in the 80s. Madonna stepped up in the 90s. Now it’s Gaga’s turn. She’s doing the same thing they did to get where they are.. and that’s only ONE reason to compare her to them. Me thinks you might be dating yourself a bit, Steven… come on in to the 21st century bud!

• Steven says:

I’m 20! I’m able to like their music and still be young. She may be doing what they did, but she’s going too far with it. Showing up in eggs and meat suits. It’s no longer shocking, it’s stupid.

5. Sylvia says:

Yes I will watch it. She isn’t overrated. She puts on a damn good show. I saw her at Radio City and she was amazing. It wasn’t even just the music and the awesome dance party, it almost seemed like I was watching a performance art piece. She is really smart and it is probably the best show that’s every put together. Everyone who says “no way” has no idea what they’re missing and I’m sure if they went to her show, they’d be dancing like everyone else.

6. tracy says:

absolutely! i’ve seen her live a couple of times and not only does she put on a really fun show, she’s incredibly talented. i’d be seeing her again this month, but i’ll be ~36 weeks pregnant when she’s here and it didn’t seem, sigh!

7. Nic says:

If you care enough to comment that you won’t be watching, I suggest you tune in to see an amazing performer blow you away, proving that she’s more than just an “image”. She sings her heart out and judging her simply by what you hear on the radio doesn’t give her nearly enough credit or respect.

8. Marty says:

Based on the comments it looks like the cool thing is to hate Lady Gaga because she is popular.

There is no denying that this girl has raw talent and to hate her for it is juvenile.

I will be watching the special.. not because i’m a gay man but because she puts on one hell of a show.

• Steven says:

I hate when people say I hate for because she’s popular and because I’m jealous. I hate her because she tries too hard to be shocking and weird. All her songs are autotuned dance mixes and the only song I heard that really showed her vocals was speechless and it wasn’t for me. I’m allowed to just not like her.

9. Karen says:

No, I will not….

10. SC says:

No, no, no.

11. XK says:

Nope. I find her theatricality humorous, (sometimes in an entertaining way, sometimes not), but am not a fan of her music at all.

12. Mike says:

I don’t recall Madonna playing a piano, writing her own music, designing her own costumes, organizing entire shows and making them new age dance operas. GaGa is not just a singer on the radio. She is an icon and alot of people out there needed someone like her in this age of music. Including me. You people need to go hate on Ke$ha or Katy Perry.. you’d have more reason too.

13. John Berggren says:

Gaga backlash is unwarranted and ridiculous. I think she’s great. I’ll certainly watch.

14. dd says:

I think she is more about the attention than the artistry. No judgment though…some people are just Hatched This Way.

15. MaryB says:

I’ll definitely watch. I find her fascinating.

16. DW says:

Of course! She’s an incredible talent, will be great to see her actual stage show.

17. PV says:

heck yes I’ll be watching! Gaga is a genius.

18. Deven says:

No way!!!!

19. Sera says:

You couldn’t pay me to watch. She is disgusting and that warble her fans mistake for a singing voice is dreadful. No thank you, I’ll pass.

20. Natalie says:

Not interested!

21. godzilla_foil says:

Why would anyone stay put for, what, two hours of this…? These people have nothing to offer, honestly.

22. QD says:

Uh, no, I will not be watching. I just canceled HBO, (and just in time, it seems). After the Silly Putty egg ride and the continued “Look at me!” antics–just not interested.

23. JR says:

I am so excited–I will actually be there on Feb. 21!! Look for me on the Jumbo tron shots!!

24. flawlessFX says:

For all of you who are “disgusted”, “hate her”, “tired of her” GAGA that is. You all must just be perfect. So when someone is “disgusted”, hates you, or is tired of you, just remember & tell yourself that you’re not perfect either and that you can’t please everyone either.

25. morgan says:

I’ll be watching! What time is is airing?

26. amy says:

She kicks ass…I’m having a Gaga party for her HBO special

27. Mock says:

I’ll definitely be watching.
    If you’re going to be an entertainer, why not be entertaining?

28. pamela!!!!! says:

Pero a que hora lo trasmiten es el 7 de mayo alas ????? que alguien me ayude no me quiero perder nada de lady gaga !!!!!! QUE HORA ???

29. Dawn says:

Just saw Lady Gaga last nite was an awesome show! I will deffinately watch her on HBO! She is also a generous and giving person. How many other stars donate to help others like she does?

30. EdVig says:

Lady gaga: Amazing! She is overrated now which sucks a lot, but she’s just gorgeous. Her music is benelovent, especially at the club and I love what her new song says: “I was born this way” I will be watching this :)

31. Toni says:

Absolutely yes! Ive been to two of her concerts and it was amazing. It’s like watching a live music video.

32. chelsea says:

Hell ya I will and for all u haters u can just shut the hell up because u all r dum and wil nerver EVER AMOUNt to anything

33. pamela says:

HBO LO TRASMITIRA EL 7 DE MAYO ALAS 9:00 PM ALAS 9:00 PM

34. GreatDane813 says:

Will this HBO special be in black and white (ala Madonna’s Truth or Dare concert)? I really hope not, because GaGa has such talent with her costuming and dancers, I believe to only be shown in B&W would be a waste.

35. Nrgy says:

No I’m not, Pacquiao-Mosley is on that night,

36. Debra says:

I think lady gaga is a talented lady and is a great singer!! People are jealous of her talent . She is awesome!!!

Her Concert on HBO was awesome my 7yrs. old daughter loves her singing!! nothing wrong with that!!

like she says down judge people !!!

everybody judges her because what she wears!! so what!!

i like see what she is going to wear next!!
    i already brought her new album and i really like it!!

like to see more concerts on HBO!!