Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on House, Glee, Gossip Girl, Modern Family, Supernatural and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? You can send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: I need Huddy news, please! [House producer/director] Greg Yaitanes issued an ominous Tweet that would seem to suggest the end is near. —Elizabeth
Ausiello:
You thought that was ominous? Check out what EP Katie Jacobs recently told me about the couple’s future: “Maybe Huddy isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. I think the exploration of the relationship is interesting. I don’t think the fans are expecting it to go on forever, are they?” She asks a good question: Are you expecting House and Cuddy to go the distance? And if not, how long do you give them? Hit the comments with your predictions!

Question: Could you tell me if we’ll meet Angela and Hodgins’ baby before the season finale of Bones? —Amanda
Ausiello:
EP Stephen Nathan sidestepped that question and offered up this cryptic tease instead: “There’s going to be a bump in the road with the pregnancy,” he told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich. “They’re going to be dealing with some events they didn’t see coming.”

Question: Wasn’t Emily Deschanel supposed to direct an episode of Bones this season? Is that still happening? —Jill
Ausiello:
It’s been postponed for scheduling reasons, but Nathan still hopes to make it happen. “It’s a difficult situation now because we’re also [shooting] the spinoff [on location] in Florida,” he elaborates. “We have a crew shooting there, we’re shooting two episodes at once, and Emily and David [Boreanaz] both work so hard, such long hours…. It’s difficult, but we’re doing everything we can to work it out.”

Question: Please, please, please, can I get some scoop on Supernatural? —Lupita
Ausiello:
This fan-made video will take on all new meaning later this season:

Question: Any Greek scoop? Dale
Ausiello: The identity of Villain X (a.k.a. the person messing with KT all semester) will be revealed in the March 7 series finale. “We’ll find out what they’re up to,” reveals series creator Sean Smith, “and it’ll threaten the very heart of the series.”

Question: My birthday is this week and I was wondering if I could get some scoop on The Vampire Diaries? —Dianna Amy S
Ausiello:
Save this date: Thursday, April 21. That’s when Joseph Morgan debuts as Klaus!

Mini Ask Ausiello Blind Item: Someone’s getting married on 90210 this spring!

Question: Any scoop on Modern Family? — Chris
Ausiello:
Yep, and it’s a shocker: The show is more than likely recasting a Family member! “Next year, I think Lily will start to talk,” reveals executive producer Steve Levitan, “[so] whether our present ‘Lilies’ age into the role or we end up needing to find new little ones [is a question that will soon need answering]. It is coming to be time.” Though aging the character will allow her to get involved in more “mature” (relatively speaking, anyway) stories, the boss promises that they’ll still be Family-oriented. “We have people in all stages of parenthood,” he notes, “so we can pop in little stories coming from people’s lives — things like ‘Lily bites’ through getting Lily into a private school. All those things are real, coming from our lives, and there will be more of that.”

Question: I want to place an order for Sewing Machines. I will like to know the prices you carry as well as the type of payment you accept. Waiting on your response. Thank you and have a nice day. — Bruce.
Ausiello:
Ah, Bruce. You poor thing. You are taking the end of Friday Night Lights even harder than I am, aren’t you? Don’t worry. Some nice men in white coats will be by soon to take you to… um, the Sewing Machines Store. Yes, that’s right. The Sewing Machines Store.

Question: Any good news you can share about Community‘s Annie and Jeff? —Megan
Ausiello:
Um, aside from them sharing a couch in a hospital waiting room, there aren’t any Annie-Jeff developments in Thursday’s episode. Jeff does have a memorable encounter with Pierce, however. Oh, and there’s a Firefly reference! For those keeping track at home, that brings to 134 the number of times Joss Whedon’s classic has received a shout-out on a scripted series this season.

Question: I know he’s technically dead, but any chance Davis Bloome will return to Smallville before the final episode? —Aly
Ausiello:
There was talk of bringing back Doomsday’s alter ego, according to portrayer Sam Witwer. “At one point, they were thinking maybe [Davis] could come back and do something, but I don’t think they cracked how,” he reveals. “The way that they left it, it would take a bit of work to get him back into the fold. So no, I don’t think we’re going to see Davis Bloome again.” Although he hasn’t kept up with Smallville since he left, Witwer plans to catch the May 13 series finale. “I’ll tune in to see him put on the cape,” he says, “if ever he chooses to do so.”

Question: With the news that Lex and Kara will be returning to Smallville, what are the odds that Terrence Stamp will appear as Jor-El? —Nathan
Ausiello:
Vegas oddsmakers put his chances of him returning in the flesh at 90-1. But here’s where things get interesting: The odds of him coming back in a strictly voiceover capacity are 2-1.

Question: How about a scoop on Harry’s Law? Any good Brittany Snow-centric storylines coming up? —Bill
Ausiello:
I’m hearing something about an unexpected romance blossoming between her character Jenna and [spoiler alert].

Question: Chuck fanatic here. Got any more details about Robin Givens’ new boss lady character? —Patti
Ausiello:
NCS agent Jane Bentley “is there to offer Casey an opportunity to set up a new team, a new operation,” explains Givens, who debuts on the NBC comedy next week. “It’s an offer that’s somewhat enticing and would shake things up… He wants to keep her at arm’s length, but she’s coming to him at a time when it’s hard for him to just dismiss what she has to offer.”

Question: Any scoop on The Chicago Code? —Linda
Ausiello:
Only that Delroy Lindo’s Alderman Gibbons is fast becoming our No. 1 really-love to really-hate TV character. In next Monday’s episode alone, he not once but twice oh-so-shrewdly gets the upper hand on someone who backs him into a corner. Elsewhere in the episode, Jarek’s new “reputation” as Covill’s pet literally puts his life in danger, while his partner Evers gets an offer to be paired with a less, um, “volatile” cop.

Question: Damages Season 4 — what do you know? —Luciana
Ausiello:
I know a considerable amount of time will have lapsed when the show returns in July because producers are casting Patty’s now-3-year-old granddaughter Catherine. (That’s the kid her son Michael had with Guiding Light‘s Wendy Moniz, who’s also returning for several episodes.)

Question: Do you have any scoop about How I Met Your Mother‘s Zoey and Ted? —Amandine
Ausiello:
Ted’s in for a major reality check when Zoey’s dark side — i.e. her annoying hippie/nonconformist side — rears its ugly head again later this season. In other news, a major character will quit his/her job!

Question: I’m not sure if Ask Ausiello is the right forum to ask this in, but when can expect Ed to land on DVD? —Amanda
Ausiello:
Your initial hunch was correct. Wrong forum.

Question: OK, I’ll bite: Which female character does Blaine mess around with on Glee? —Lynne
Ausiello:
Fox’s promo department already spoiled it — he macks on Rachel! It all goes down at what Mercedes refers to as, “The Rachel Berry House Party Train Wreck Extravaganza!”

Question: Any good news on Tina and Artie’s relationship (or lack thereof) on Glee? — Emily
Ausiello:
I’ll do you one better: I’ll give you bad news on Tina’s relationship with Mike Chang! When TVLine’s Megan Masters grilled Harry Shum Jr. about the future of Tike/Mina, he replied ominously, “Sometimes when it goes so good, it can go so bad — and I will leave it at that.”

Question: I’ll take something — anything — on Desperate Housewives, please. —Costas
Ausiello:
Andrew’s about to find out the hard way that alcoholism is genetic, prompting Bree to drag his ass with her to AA (that’s Alcoholics Anonymous, not Ask Ausiello). In other news, negotiations between ABC and Desperate divas Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman and Eva Longoria continue.

Question: Do you know if Gossip Girl is planning to introduce a new love interest for Eric? —Rob
Ausiello:
Nah. After that whole Damien debacle, Eric’s wisely stepping away from the dating scene for a bit. “He’s going to work out who he is [as an individual],” says his portrayer, Connor Paolo. “His history with relationships hasn’t been positive. It’s not really in his genes to have healthy relationships, and I think he knows that. He doesn’t want to repeat the habits of his mother, father and sister.” Speaking of Daddy van der Woodsen, Billy Baldwin returns in the Feb. 28 episode and “creates an interesting dichotomy for Eric,” says Paolo, “because of his extreme loyalty to Rufus over his own father.”

Question: NCIS: LA? — Chris
Ausiello:
Deeks fans are not going to want to miss next week’s. Trust me. (Psssst… He gets shot!)

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! (Additional reporting by Andy Swift, Andy Patrick and Michael Maloney)

1. Tara A. says:

I started reading this article because it had a nice House/Huddy spoiler in it (thanks, Ausiello!) and got to this page of the comments and a quarter way down and scrolled down to see tons of back and forth from Huddies and anti-Huddies and decided not to read anymore. This fandom is kinda intense and–interesting, but passionate I suppose. Anyway, if it counts for anything, and I am cynical that they really care what any of us think especially when people are on here making fools of themselves, but if they actually do read this and do actually care then I want to say you guys are totally rockin’ the Huddy and I hope it lasts.

2. robinepowell says:

Kara’s returning to Smallville? WHOO-HOO!!!! :D

Amanda: If you want information on any shows, including Ed and their possible DVD release, Google: TV Shows On DVD. ;)

3. Dianna says:

OOOOOMMMMMGGGGGGGG! MY TARTIE IS GONNA BE BACK! I LOVE/SOMETIMES HATE GLEE! ARTIE/TINA FOR LIFE!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BABY!

4. Sophie says:

I hope they keep their word and end Huddy (as soon as possible, preferably).

5. Derdriui says:

The happiest fans this season are a bunch of teenagers into the relationship between House and Cuddy.

The drop in script quality (the show now seems like a mixture between a sitcom and a soap opera, except crappier because we keep seeing the characters being inconsistent with their better selves) has lost the show a lot of fans.

I don’t know. More bad writing (and yes, the Huddy this season has been appallingly written too) means losing more fans. But losing the Huddy and keeping the bad writing means losing the nutters too.

And, like Kevin Bacon explained on Will and Grace, when the stalkers go, that’s when you know you’re over.

The solution would be to get better writers in so House can say interesting things, but I assume that’s just not possible as they would have done so before.

• ebowers says:

Wow Derdriui I can’t thank you enough. I am 45 years old and actually like House and his relationship with Cuddy. Believe it not I’ve even come to like Chase when he is interacting with Taub,or Foreman. My only complaint this season is WILSON.

O MY GOD PLEASE LET WILSON GO BACK ON THE ANTIDEPRESSANTS OR FIND ANOTHER GIRLFRIEND. Let his have the cat if it stops his incessant whining and moaning. He is pathetic. What a downer.

• Derdriui says:

Okay. Then… enjoy. You’re getting all the bad writing you want, love.

• Mary says:

Don’t waste your time with this persons, they love bad writing because at least they can understand it. Good writing required a little thing called ‘brain’

• yahnis says:

Derdriui
          Yes!!!It’s so right! Change some authors, becouse it’s really not logic and very stupid enter in area of Huddy giving hope to many fans and then just end it in very bad way. I really love House and not going throw watching this amazing show, but I think it’s possible to up his ratings and not breaking Huddy.

6. Grace says:

I’m to the point where I’m just afraid that [H]OUSE will end and I will no longer get to enjoy Hugh Laurie’s incredible talent.
    I would like the show to go at least 10 seasons with RSL and w/o 13 and Taub. That’s all I want.

7. MiaS says:

I think it is a HUGE mistake to recast Lily in MODERN FAMILY.
    Part of what makes Lily so great is that she does NOTHING!
    That kid couldn’t care less about being on the show or what is going on around her.
    MODERN FAMILY should play that angle up-Lily does NOTHING when people are around but is a genius when it is just her & Cam.
    That could be comedy gold.

8. leila says:

man, how did i miss this?!? i had to find the link on supernatural spoiler site. what does the supernatural fanvid MEAN? thank you and please give us more more more supernatural info. pretty please!!!

9. Grey says:

Okay who else thinks Blaine and Rachel actually look kinda hot together and would make a cute couple.

10. Marley says:

Not at all unexpectedly, after one glorious “uncliched and exciting” Huddy episode last week, the ratings for this week’s episode dropped like crazy.

Yeah find yourself some nice excuses with Valentine’s Day blahblahblah. Every show dropped, that IS true; but it’s also true that none other show suffered more than House did.

LOL “Huddy should go the distance”. The thing is, even if House producers/writers do get info regarding audience’s reaction to certain storylines on websites as partial to Huddy like this one (which I seriously doubt. I mean come on, unlike people going around sentimentalizing their darling Huddy here, they’ve got REAL jobs that PAYS, after all), I hope they would at least consider that there are about 10 million (and decreasing) people out there who DON’T come in here and would STOP WATCHING if Huddy, a storyline that’s so cringeworthy, so repetitive, and such a pathetic distortion of a once unique and dynamic relationship between two strong characters continue to drone on every week.

Hey, after all, it’s THEIR show. If they wanna destroy it, the audience would have no other choices than to move on. That’s just how TV works. Rating is the only thing that counts. But alas, be not afraid, our beloved legion of tireless Huddy defenders, you would be fuzzing over some other pairings on some other TV shows in no time after you get over House.

• ebowers says:

Well as far as I know the TV ratings for”Family Practice” the week before when the show focused solely on House and Cuddy with the absence of Wilson did very well in the ratings.
      While the Valentine episode concentrating on House and Wilson had the ratings decreasing SO I can only conclude that the viewers LIKE the House and Cuddy pairing and are kind of tired of the House and Wilson pairing possibly due to the overkill in season 6. Which by the way also concentrated on Wilson and House living together and Cuddy was with Lucas and this was when the rating started to decline. What does that say to you.

• cate says:

Season 3 (8:00 pm)
        3.01/3.02/3.03 ecc 19/20 millions (whitout American Idol)

Now 9.5/10 millions.

this is.

no comment.

• Jess says:

The SB ads showed House/Hl -> people like HL and decided to turn in: they get Cuddy, Cuddy’s mother, Cuddy’s sister, huddy drama -> next week they decided to not turn in again because they didn’t like what they get aka the Huddy show. It’s easy like that.

Or do you really think that people knew a week before that this last episode was going to be about House and Wilson? Care to explain how?

• Sandra says:

There was such pimping of the show during the Super Bowl and then Candice Bergen’s guest appearance. Likely people checked it out because of that, hence the small and brief hike in ratings. The ratings drop the following week reflects the real trend. It used to be everyone watched the show and now I don’t know anyone else in RL who watches any more.

11. Ben says:

House is ONLY with Cuddy because he likes controversy and challenge, but he also likes getting his own way. He knows he can always manipulate her. She is too blind to see something was wrong when House spends time with Rachel and then suddenly she is a whiz at kindergarten? Come on. She knows what he is like. Beyond her being putty he gets nothing from her. Stacy challenged him but she also saw through him. She would also stand her ground where Cuddy is so weak that she never sticks with anything either professionally or personally where he is concerned. He wants his own way and yet he still prefers to be alone. He likes the trophy status of having won the person who kept him at arms length. That is all she is to him.

12. Sandra says:

Oh great!!! Now another episode about Cuddy and this time her health problems. Enough with Cuddy already. Why don’t they just rename the series The Cuddy Hour and forget that it was ever about a genius and misanthropic doctor named House, and his response to the world around him. Why do they allow the show to be taken over by this very mediocre actress when the reason the show became what it was in the first place was because of the acting skill of Hugh Laurie? Why don’t they give Lisa Edelstien a spinoff series and let House get back to a medical drama.

• hughs girl says:

You are sooo right. I just wish there was some way the producers could know how we feel. Lisa is the only one that seems to like them together.

13. Dwayne Drain says:

IMO the reason why Huddy/Cuddy have come up against at LOT of oppostion is beause the show seems to be about Cuddy’s point of veiw and Cuddys life and IMO it is total overkill.

And to rub salt into the wounds of fans of the other characters,even House, Lisa E is the only voice we hear promoting the show.

To someone who has never seen the show and turns on this season would wonder why it is called “House” when it is clearly about Cuddy

14. twinkle says:

am filled with enthusuasim with that clip of Chloe and Clark who are accidentally married, a little o the sad side…but darn sweet….changes things?!!!!!

15. Jill says:

Who was the other couple in the Ausiello blind item from a couple of weeks ago who was supposed to be married during sweeps? There was some kind of twist.

16. hughs girl says:

I hope this episode ends Huddy . She has held his b—- in a vice far too long. Even the medicine is not the same. Lots of viewers just aren’t there anymore.More medicine! more House Wilson! Please.

17. Nicole says:

I’m sorry does the Supernatural spoiler mean that their going to kill Sam, again?! :/

18. Isabel says:

HUDDY, STOP NOW!!! I support Hameron. And cuddy & wilson make a cute couple…