The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Week

Between broadcast and cable, there are exactly one kajillion different things to watch this week. We’re here to tell you about 22 of ‘em.

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14
8/7c |
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | Aria’s father has a parent-teacher confab with Mr. Fitz. Dad, please don’t ask, “So, what’s my little girl best at?”
9 pm | The Chicago Code (Fox) | After one episode, you may be thinking, “Pfft, that Alderman Gibbons (played by Delroy Lindo) ain’t so shifty.” Yeah, tonight will change that.
9 pm | Being Human (Syfy) | Werewolf Josh’s new mentor, Ray, shows off the finer points of transforming. By using a “Howl To” manual? [Chuckle]
9:30 pm | Mike & Molly (CBS) | Mike learns that Molly’s “favorite” bakery is owned by an old flame — and a hunky one at that (Queer As Folk‘s Robert Gant).
10 pm | Castle (ABC) | Jason Wiles (Third Watch) plays an old friend of Castle’s who is suspected of killing Persons Unknown his wife.

Chuck‘s Joshua Gomez Spies One ‘Awesome’ Twist

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15
8/7c | NCIS (CBS) |
A foreign dignitary’s daughter (Elena Satine aka Smallville‘s Mera) is smitten with McGee. A day late for Valentine’s, but still: Awww.
9 pm | V (ABC) | Lisa meets her grandmother. Anna, be very afraid.
10 pm | Lights Out (FX) | As Lights preps for his first fight in five years, the biggest drain isn’t endless heavy bag work but being away from the fam.
10 pm | Parenthood (NBC) | Lost‘s Michael Emerson plays an entomologist who bonds with Max. (No bug-eyed jokes, thanks.)
10 pm | The Good Wife (CBS) | Finally, finally, finally, Alicia confronts Will about the “missing” voice mail. You may be surprised by his reaction; I know I was.

Video: Does JoAnna Garcia’s NY Yankee Husband Hit a Home Run on This Week’s Better With You?

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16
8/7c | Survivor: Redemption Island (CBS) |
“Boston” Rob and Russell Hantz enter the mix, again, for the reality competition’s 22nd (!) edition
9 pm | Modern Family (ABC) | Shelley Long returns as Jay’s ex, and this time she has a boy toy in tow: one of Claire’s high-school honeys (played by Matt Dillon)!
10 pm | Justified (FX) | A pregnant convict figures into a very, very intense episode.

Blind Item: Hit Show Caters to Star’s Death Wish

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 17
8/7c | Community (NBC) |
A study group member’s brush with death leads to an episode set entirely outside of the college, in a hospital. Wait, so the girl-girl kissing is over?
9 pm | CSI (CBS) | Justin Bieber returns! Couldn’t you just die?! Ironically….
9 pm | Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | Mer takes charge of the ER, while Bailey “takes charge” of Nurse Eli.
10 pm | Private Practice (ABC) | Grant Show and Stephen Collins (No Ordinary Family) reprise their roles of Archer and “The Captain” Montgomery, and for the saddest of reasons.

Fringe Bosses: Bolivia Twist Will Not Unfold in a Traditional Way

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18
8/7c | The Defenders (CBS) |
Having previously worked “blue” with John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd here teams up with his brother Jim, playing a judge in need of help.
8 pm | Smallville (The CW) | Lois decides that Clark could benefit from some sort of a mild-mannered disguise, and I imagine a Bieber wig is not what she has in mind.
9 pm | Supernatural (The CW) | A distress call concerning Lisa splits the brothers up, leaving Sam to tackle a case alone. I smell a trap. Admiral Ackbar, your thoughts?
10 pm | Blue Bloods (CBS) | The freshman cop drama returns to Fridays with a killer twist — in that an assassin is trying to snuff Frank.

Exclusive: Smallville‘s Michael Rosenbaum Back for Series Finale

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20
8/7c | The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business (CBS) |
Eleven non-winning teams from seasons past make another go at $1 million. You can watch for goths Kynt and Vyxsin; me, I’ll be following cheerleaders Jamie and Cara.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to add tune-in suggestions of your own!

Comments (55)

• Castle!!! Can’t wait!

Comment by CC – February 14, 2011 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for the return of THE AMAZING RACE!

Comment by DanielF23 – February 14, 2011 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missing for Monday: How I Met Your Mother! Definitely worth watching :-)

Comment by Sally – February 14, 2011 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Normally I hate it when they bring previous contestants back…*cough* survivor*cough*…but I’m actually looking forward to The Amazing Race. There are actually quite a few teams that I really liked and will enjoy watching them race again.

Comment by JakJak – February 14, 2011 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Fringe?

Comment by Delirious – February 14, 2011 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where’s bones? it’s the valentine’s day episode this week, booth and brennan spend valentine’s day together, don’t you think it’s worth watching?

Comment by emy26 – February 14, 2011 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have a whole ‘nother story posting later this week just about that episode ;)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 14, 2011 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um. What about Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior? That’s kinda huge since it’s the…oh…idk…the series premiere…

Comment by Esaul – February 14, 2011 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No must see tv lineup is complete without CHUCK!!

Comment by Chuckster – February 14, 2011 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The GOOD WIFE!!!! FINALLY!!! this VM will be addressed, who would have thought they could have prolonged that plot point for so much of this season. But now I’m a little worried about how Will will respond, dang I’m so invested in Will and Alicia. I guess a new shipper has been born!

Comment by Kathryn – February 14, 2011 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You left Friday Night Lights off the list…

Comment by Will – February 14, 2011 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because sadly Friday Night Lights wrapped up last week! ;(
      *tears*

sniff! sniff!

Comment by Cris – February 14, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know. I’m still in the “denial” stage.

Comment by Will – February 14, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about what could be humanity’s last stand? ;) The Jeopardy! match between a computer and the two greatest J! players in history is on Mon-Wed this week in syndication…

Comment by David – February 14, 2011 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My friend called me a geek cause I am soooooooooooo ready for this.

Comment by PryncessDi – February 14, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No HIMYM? Really?

Comment by nisa – February 14, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait – I missed it – why is BB back on Fridays?

Comment by Erin – February 14, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was always temporary until Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior came out.

Comment by Esaul – February 14, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ah! That explains it. Thank you. I like it on Fridays better.

Comment by Erin – February 14, 2011 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for PRIVATE PRACTICE especially to see the Montgomerys together again. Think it’s gonna be very sad though :(

Comment by Amy – February 14, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just can’t wait for The Good Wife !

Comment by Sietsx – February 14, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Fringe on Friday?

Comment by Mary – February 14, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fringe is teetering towards cancellation. The least you guys could do is give it some free PR!

Comment by Matt – February 14, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What ? NO SVU ? :(

Comment by Julia – February 14, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Your missing “How I Met Your Mother” and “30 Rock.” And no-one watches Supernatural anymore, this season has been AWFUL.

Comment by John – February 14, 2011 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do. And it’s gotten better.

Comment by ErixN – February 14, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why so stuiped matt why just why.

Comment by mtds – February 14, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck? Hawaii Five-0? Bueller?

Comment by Liz – February 14, 2011 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Recreation should always be included! DUH! :)

Comment by LInda – February 14, 2011 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If I could like this post, I would.

Comment by John – February 14, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ITS A TRAP!

Comment by Ackbar – February 14, 2011 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A-ha! I KNEW it!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 14, 2011 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This post needed a hyperlink on the Admiral Ackbar to Sheldon’s “It’s a trap!” from Big Bang Theory. Just for the sheer hilarity. Find it here:

Comment by KDW – February 14, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @The Good Wife – my guess is that Will tells Alicia that is was a moment that’s passed. As they seem to have so many of these moments and its too early in the series to put them together. so they’ follow the example of JAG, Bones, Castle, TWW and others and hold off and hold off. Although I would prefer they follow the model of Julianna Margulies’ very successful pairing on ER and actually move to get them together.

Comment by Paulete – February 14, 2011 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THURSDAY – Royal Pains? Divya confronts her ‘fiance’…maybe a little closure, on that front? Evan tells his girlfriend he loves her? That was a HUGE MATZO BALL !(quoting seinfeld)…

Comment by daveedt – February 14, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Howl To” manual. You’re one funny guy, Matt Webb Mitovich.

Comment by Bob – February 14, 2011 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see you are now covering SyFy’s Being Human. Have you seen the original BBC Series? Available Season 1-2 on Netflix now. Season 3 will eventually turn up on BBC America. Is it appropriate to cover that as well? So far comparing both versions, I still love the BBC the best but the SyFy version isn’t all that bad. And I am not a vampire show fan so liking this series comes as a surpise for me. I started watching on a day when nothing seemed to appeal to me so I just clicked on this at random.

Comment by carolyn – February 14, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BBC’s original Being Human season 3 premieres this Saturday.

Comment by EL – February 14, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @carolyn – I have seen and loved the BBC version of Being Human, but really feel the SyFy version is a little better. It’s not quite so dark and it has veered a little bit away from the original story. Also I think Sam Huntington just edges out Russell Tovey as a better werewolf, and of course Mark Pelligreno (Jacob on Lost) as Bishop is very convincing as the vampire “fixer”. Again, I still like the BBC version.

Also waiting for the Survivor showdown between Evil Russel and Boston Rob. Go Rob!

Comment by meliot – February 14, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m becoming irritated that a lot of the sites (not this one since it wasn’t up when the original Being Human started airing here) are dropping coverage of the original and best version of “Being Human” in favor of covering the far less awesome US version. The US version is ok…they’ve done better than expected but still – greatly disappointed that sites that previously gave accolades to “Being Human” have dropped it since the poor-man’s version started airing on Syfy.

Comment by Kristi – February 14, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Better with you with Nick Swisher!!!!!

Comment by Dennis – February 14, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pssst. Being Human airs at 9pm EST, not 10pm EST. :-)

Comment by Kelly – February 14, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really intrigued on how Community is going to handle the hospital episode. The one thing I really can’t wait for is Levar Burton!!!

Comment by Becca – February 14, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you forgot this week’s The Office, the debut of Michael Scott’s movie “Threat Level: Midnight” will be EPIC. A definite MUST SEE!!!

Comment by Amy – February 14, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smallville is at 8, isn’t it? :)
    Btw, people do not forget to watch FRINGE Fridays at 9!

Comment by Sofia – February 14, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You missed the 2 best series on TV this fall: Shameless and Southland. What about them?

Comment by Carol – February 14, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally THE GOOD WIFE, dealing with this issue. I mean, its one of the best things on tv but I think they dropped the ball on this one. Or was it their intention to make viewers feel split? I’ve generally come to forgive Peter and I kinda want him and Alicia to patch things up, its such a rare narrative element on tv. But I also want Alicia to have a bit of fun and maybe move on with her life. Agh so conflicted.

But yay! Parenthood, Amazing Race, and Survivor

Comment by PV – February 14, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No White Collar = list invalid.

Comment by lola – February 14, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still no mention of Harry’s Law? What’s the deal?!? Kathy Bates is beyond excellent.

Comment by Lucy – February 14, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE FRINGE FRINGE!!

Comment by Matt – February 14, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the heck? How is it possible for you to include Syfy’s pale (no pun intended) version of “Being Human” and NOT point out that the original and BEST “Being Human” returns with a massive 75 minute premiere to what is probably going to be it’s best season yet (no easy task as every season is brilliant so far) this Saturday, February 19 at 9/8 central on BBC America. Badly played, to omit that. Badly played.

Comment by Kristi – February 14, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOOT! Supernatural :)

Comment by blah – February 14, 2011 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and NCIS are my absolutely ‘must see’s. Thanks for including them.

I also like HIMYM and, to me total surprise, Off The Map is growing on me until they kill it with the obvious Lily/Ben hook-up.

Comment by Kate – February 16, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post