Grey's Anatomy Scoop: James Tupper Returns!

McTreemy’s checking back in!

A Grey’s Anatomy spokesperson confirms that former Men in Trees leading man James Tupper will reprise his role as psych doc (and love interest to Kim Raver’s Teddy) Andrew Perkins this spring for a multi-episode arc.

Dr. Perkins’ return is sure to complicate things between Teddy and her sickly husband-of-convenience Henry (Scott Foley), assuming he’s still alive at that point.

News of Tupper’s comeback was first reported by EW.com.

Thoughts? Do you see visions of an Andy-Teddy-Henry triangle dancing in Shonda Rhimes’ head?

1. Kennedy says:

Kim Raver character is getting to much screentime. Justin Chambers and Chandra Wilson are originals, hardly given any screentime or storyline. Well this will be FF material for this viewer.

2. Kristen says:

Well this will be sure to stir the pot. That being said though, does Teddy deserve a love triangle?

• No she doesn’t. If she weren’t the cardiologist and if Christina didn’t need a mentor then Teddy would be completly irrelevant. They tried with the Owen/Teddy/Christina triangle, it didn’t work. Kim Raver is a decent actress but honestly her role her is not that needed.

3. Ana M. says:

Why is he coming back? He didn’t serve much of a purpose.

I hope he returns to take Teddy far far away to never ever return. And I hope he also takes April and Jackson.

I guess my reaction is definitely NOT excited.

4. Denise says:

I like the storyline. Will you guys start re-capping more shows? If so, add Greys’s to the list.

5. M says:

There was no chemistry between the shrink and Teddy, probably because their romance was conducted off-screen. AS for Teddy’s husband of convenience, just looking at him makes my heart melt. And I can totally see Teddy falling for him. I just hope that they din’t take away any more of his organs, or else he won’t have much use.

6. Ingmar says:

I am actually looking forward to this story line. I love both Kkim Raver and James Tupper. Grey’s has a big power since nearly all characters are equal as fun as the old characters. I love April, Avery, Teddy, etc…

Makes the show look like real life. People move on ( Izzie, Addison ( PP ), Burke, Hahn, Sadie, Olivia etc, etc ) while new people arrive at the hospital.

7. Cinders says:

I hope this means he has come back to take Teddy far, far away. Like off the show.

8. Alberto says:

Unexpected!! I like it!!! :)

9. Dominique says:

Oy, so even MORE screentime for Kim Raver? Why? Why hsould I care about her character, she’s such a bore.

10. Kiki says:

I’m with Cinders – Hoping that Teddy will leave with someone.

11. mel says:

Why the writers of Grey’s Anatomy can’t get that we don’t care about tedious ?

12. Michelle says:

It’s not much of a triangle if Shonda goes that route. Again. Scott Foley > James Tupper ;)

13. Samantha says:

Eh, I’m still not a huge Teddy fan. Not really interested in progressing her story lines that much…

14. mel says:

Agreed! She has no personality or warmth – dull dull DULL!

15. Kelly says:

I’d be much more interested in a Mark/Lexie/Jackson triangle. Cause I generally hate triangles but I’m torn there.

16. Blake says:

Hm should be interesting. I really liked him and Teddy. They had wonderful chemistry. Not really feeling Scott Foley. He creeps me out, always has. Looks like a predator.

17. Rasha says:

Honestly, I have no interest in her character.

18. Kelly says:

While I have no interest in Teddy, I’ll take this over the horride baby storyline. That’s the worst storyline since prolonged ghost denny. If that baby comes to fruition, I hope they free Lexie from Mark and that story.

19. chris says:

so episodes 18 – 22 are dealing with the Chief and his wife’s illness, the callie baby trauma of the musical, Teddy’s ‘husband’ with terminal illness and Mer/Der’s baby problem. Sounds like he is coming back right after the musical to help these folks deal with terminal illness and grief. Adele is probably terminal, callie probably loses the baby, Mer lost a baby and Teddy’s hubbie is a goner.

20. AO says:

I love love LOVE Scott Foley, so if it means more of him, then bring on the triangle. :)

21. AJ says:

So let me get this straight… Teddy served like Owen, saw what he saw and works where works and the best they can do for her is a bunch of love triangles and a off-screen fling with the shrink? No troops who need her help, no problem with the shooting other then Yang, just drinking and love triangles… Kim deserves better and so do the fans. If they’re going to make us watch the character give her something or let her leave

22. anna says:

I’m not a very triangle person but I’m very excited about this one! Maybe it’s because I love Teddy and I missed her storyline so much the last two episodes. Sick husband trumps shrink!

23. a says:

this story line just sucks…

24. Michelle says:

How can the commenters here nitpick about which guy is better for Teddy, when this WHOLE HOUR STANK! The filth was abhorrent — the sick, sick elevator scene with Meredith and her “husband”, and then the disgusting business in the back room between… oh, heck, I have to run to the bathroom again.

WHY can’t the writers understand that we love the medical drama, and we enjoy some romantic tension, but we DON’T care for the private stuff being spelled out for us in sickening detail. Gross, gross, gross. And disgusting. And did I say gross? Writers, your BEST episodes, if you’d let us vote on them, were actually the ones with fantastic drama and no s*x.

25. Lola says:

Oh pls stop calling him that! No one liked him in GA. We DON’T WanT HIM!

26. Susie says:

What does ‘treemy’ mean?

27. Danielle says:

I love the storyline of Teddy and Henry. I do not think that adding Andrew is a good move.