Charlie Sheen's Latest Rant: 'I Went Back to Work [and] Nobody's There!'

Is it too soon for  Charlie Sheen to return to work on Two and a Half Men? The actor doesn’t think so — and he’s making his opinion known.

In what can only be described as an erratic interview, a raspy-voiced Charlie Sheen phoned The Dan Patrick Show Monday morning and blasted his bosses at CBS and Warner Bros. for preventing him from returning to work.

“I went back to work and I was banging on the stage door, [saying], ‘Hello, where is everybody?’ he recounted. “I don’t know what happened. I guess they’re closed… I just figured I’m supposed to go back to work because I’m ready.”

Calling his time away from Men a “forced hiatus,” Sheen complained about both CBS and Warner Bros., venting, “They said, ‘You get ready, we’ll get ready,” and I got ready, went back and nobody’s there. I don’t know what to tell you, Dan. Nobody’s there. I’m ready, they’re not — bring it, you know?”

Sheen joked that production on his CBS hit is now scheduled to resume in “August of 2014, at this pace. No, it’s supposed to be the 28th or the 29th — that’s what it is, it’s the 29th in a non-Leap Year.

“I’m a man of my word,” he declared when asked about ultimately returning to work. “I have a contract. They said get your act together and I did. I think just maybe it was a timing thing.. I didn’t think [my treatment] was going to happen this fast… I heal really quickly. But I unravel pretty quickly. So get me right now, guys.”

[To listen to Sheen's full interview on The Dan Patrick Show, click here.]

What do you think about Sheen’s rambling interview? Does he really sound ready to return to work on Men?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Controversy, Interviews, News

1. EveDallas says:

CHARLIE! Put the Vodka down!
    Man, he sounds like he wasn’t all there during that interview. He “Heals fast” ?? You mean like all the healing he has done with his Addiction problems in the past are him healing and then getting back into it? Yeah I don’t think so. This type of thing isn’t a skinned knee.

2. anotherjoy says:

That is just frightening.

3. Sunny says:

Wow, you definitely sound healthy to me, Charlie (gag)!!

4. John Berggren says:

Poor delusioned guy. This is not atypical addict behavior – I’m sober presently, so I must be cured!… until I have the next drink.

5. John says:

Ok, thanks to this latest interview we can safely say that he’s NOT “better”; first of all, Mr. Sheen, I’m pretty sure there are channels you go through to tell them you’re “ready” – and they make a decision based on their assessment of the situation. You don’t beat an addiction in a week. You don’t just show up and go “Hey, where is everybody?!” It sounds like, based on what has been said positively about his work ethic and this situation, that he’s also using his work as an unhealthy escape. He’s trying to escape his time in exhile and get back in that studio with the furor of a junkie begging for his latest fix.

6. EM says:

Pathetic really. I’m just picturing him banging on a door and it’s kind of funny, but really sad. Like he doesn’t know how to get a hold of them except to go down there.

7. Michael says:

eesh; it’s always someone else’s fault, isn’t it, Chuckles?

8. Kate says:

Charlie’s comment that he both heals and unravels quickly tells me that he considers his status to be a temporary thing and by status I mean whatever condition he’s currently in – either recovering or relapsing. It’s very sad but it seems that he has accepted the fact that his recoveries are temporary and feels his bosses should work with him while he’s able. I don’t believe he’s recovered and without an attitude adjustment and a real program I don’t believe he ever will be.

9. RP says:

What an ***hole.

10. JohnDoe says:

LOL…just…lol.

11. amy says:

What an ass. Obviously he expected everyone to sit there and wait for him to reappear whenever he felt like it.

12. Cathy says:

He sounds eerily reminiscent of my ex-husband, who was addicted to meth; rambling, self-absorbed and totally clueless. I guess he doesn’t realize that just because he thinks he’s healthy doesn’t mean anyone has signed off. And I doubt he’s endearing himself to the creator of the show, Chuck Lorre.

TMZ I believe is reporting that they are cutting four episodes and the crew is mad. He may want to bring some bodyguards with him the next time he shows up.

13. jo kristine says:

I have been watching Two and a Half Men for years, and although Charlie continues to deliver his lines/ jokes with ease, he is looking thin and weathered. I remember hearing Martin Sheen years ago explaining why he turned Charlie in…because his good friend Carol O’Connor lost his son to drugs and he didn’t want Charlie to end up that way! Charlie needs help… Hopefully,one day he will see the true reason to get it…not to mentio his 5 kids.

14. Christine says:

I feel for all the people who are on the crew and support staff. Their income is dependent on this man who is in serious denial about his addiction issues. I hope Sheen’s father can be put in charge of his son’s estate.

15. AngelMoonGirl says:

Wow. And this is the guy CBS is paying so much money to? Fire his ass, I say. People in the real world don’t get it easy– why should he?

16. Aurora says:

God, he is pathetic. He doesn’t sound clean to me. Seams like it’s been a (long) while since he has been drug and alcohol free. I guess he won’t even try to fix himself until he hit the rock bottom.
    It’s sad that a man who could have everything choose to throw his life away.

17. bill says:

I must be the only person on the planet who thinks he sounded okay. I listened as a Charlie Sheen fan as well as a sports and huge baseball fan. Yeah, he rambled a bit, but it’s not like he wasn’t making sense. He probably just really wanted to get on the air and talk after being, as he said, forced into rehab. He also doesn’t seem to think that his “issues” are problems, and most of us would 100% disagree with that, but at the same time we can’t just change his mind. It sounds like as long as he’s working and not “bored,” his drinking and drug habits get put on the shelf. Bottom line for me is that he’s a pretty cool person if he’s sober and one hell of an actor. I’m rooting for him to get help and get past this, but if he can function by not going through the whole rehab and twelve-step program, that works too…

By the way, I do understand the severity of the problem, my mom happens to be an alcoholic constantly in and out of the hospital. Currently in.

18. RaWeezy says:

I’ve watched Two & A Half Men since it began and have enjoyed it ever since. I hope Charlie gets better, he needs to get rid of the “enablers” and surround himself with people that have no other agenda than to get him better.

19. SR says:

At the end of every episode of two and a half men, Chuck Lorre writes a small diatribe on whatever topic he feel like, which flashes on the screen in about a second. Topics usually relate to the nights episode or hollywood type shenanigans from his perspective. You need to be able to freeze the screen to see it, it goes so fast. On tonights episode, he wrote a paragraph about all he (Chuck Lorre) does to live a healthy lifestyle – exercises, see doctors and dentists regularly, eats well, doesn’t drink or do drugs etc.

Then he ends it with a sentence that reads “If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I’m gonna be pissed!” Funny but sad. Also weird to see him diss his supposed “star” like that.

20. Petra says:

Charlie needs to get his act together. I think it’s just really sad. He looked horrible in last week’s episode of Two and a half men. I hope he does kick his addiction(s) but you obviously don’t get over this stuff this fast.

21. xwiseguyx says:

Let him finish the season all hopped up on drugs and then throw him into celebrity rehab when it’s over…

22. benny says:

announcement:
    “in tonight’s episode of two and half men, the part of Charlie Harper will be played by (you pick)

problem solved.

its theater people.

23. Barbara says:

As long as Charlie gets to work on time, and performs well. I don’t think it’s CBS and Warner Bros. business what he does in his spare time. He fights back because he’s not going to allow CBS and Warner Bros to push him around. Agency’s like that get into every aspect of your life, often dictating your every move.

Charlie’s no puppet and I admire him for that.

24. Luigi Palmieri says:

Charlie did not break contract they did! He has a right to be upset! I think this is all payback! Charlie time is short … familyradio. com