Miley Cyrus To Host SNL: Pretty Cool, Right?

“The Miley Cyrus Show” seems poised to welcome an extremely special guest when the teen queen herself hosts Saturday Night Live on March 5.

This marks Cyrus’ first turn ruling the roost at Studio 8H, though current cast member Vanessa Bayer has done her darnedest this season to bring Miley’s Southern-fried “essence” to many a broadcast, as host of the recurring aforementioned sketch.

Of course, one burning question comes to mind: Will Cyrus follow in the footsteps of Sarah Palin, Lindsay Lohan and New York Gov. David Paterson by confronting SNL‘s send-up of herself? And will Miley guest on “her own” show? And, like, who will be musical guest? And will Miley herself sing? And will her dad Billy Ray tag along? And, like, will she make fun of her bong scandal?

How do you think Miley will fare as SNL host? Russell Brand hosts the long-running sketch series this weekend, with musical guest Chris Brown.

1. brandy says:

I don’t know if I can sit through 90 minutes of Miley, but it might be worth it to see Vanessa doing Miley next to Miley. That’d be…pretty cool.

2. Kevin Liston says:

For the record Vanessa Bayer is not a cast member, she is a featured player.

• Jeremy says:

She’s a part of SNL every week and even though she’s a featured player,she’s still a cast member.

BTW,two types of SNL cast member:
      Repertory player.

Featured player.

3. sandy says:

Oh, great. It looks I can never watch SNL again. Damn. I loved that show. Seriously she has got to be one of the worst, most spoiled rotten poptarts ever. I honestly can’t stand the sight of her and I’m ashamed that such a classic show as SNL would have her be the host. They make fun of her constantly, why couldn’t they just stick to that?

Oh, and to answer the question, I think she’ll suck.

• Kara McGowan says:

They don’t make fun of her constantly…they have had 3 skits making fun of her. And oh sorry I forgot you actually knew Miley Cyrus to know she is a “spoiled rotten poptart”, oh wait you don’t so that just shows that your just one of those people who hates celebrities for no reason. Seriously, there are worse people than Miley Cyrus, Miley is a talented girl who deserves to be on SNL. She won’t suck. This will be one of the best shows.

4. Josh says:

I’ll skip that one. I much prefer Miley when she’s played by someone else.

5. Andrew says:

i got guests and a show
    and im ready to go
    well i guess its pretty cool
    its pretty cool

6. XK says:

I may be getting old, but… I’m really tired of the teen hosts. Don’t care for Miley, and hate that Bieber not only hosted but recurred as a guest star on last week’s SNL.

Will be skipping this one.

• Geoff says:

Bieber’s never hosted. He was the musical guest when Tina Fey hosted, though he did appear in one or two sketches too.

I can’t stand Miley though, so not looking forward to this.

7. Rush says:

Isn’t this show on past her bed time? Oh yeah, I know, she’s 18 and semi-legal now.

8. flutiefan says:

gosh people need to lighten up.
    i’m 35 and i am excited to see Miley on here! can’t wait to see what they’ll do with the salvia incident, and The Miley Cyrus Show should be awesome no matter how they approach it.

i have the highest hopes that this episode will be….pretty cool!

• Kara McGowan says:

Thank you for being like the only person who is looking forward to Miley. I’m 17, pretty close in age so you can imagine how excited I am especially being a big fan of hers. The show will be pretty cool!

9. jason says:

is she old enough to stay up that late?

10. topoopon says:

She has big teeth.

11. Wallet says:

If Miley and Billy Ray do The Miley Cyrus Show in place of and in the style of Bayer and Sudekis, it could be the funniest thing all season.

• mfan says:

And Miley has contacts all over the music, movie, and even television industry. She could get a real guest like Justin Bieber, or Usher, or Katy Perry, &etc. and not even need a SNL castmember. That would be pretty cool!

12. jen says:

yeah, this news is about as far opposite “pretty cool” as you can get. Remember when they used to offer the hosting gigs to people who were actually good actors and comedians? and it was an honor? Now it’s just part of the rounds Hollywood does when they have a book or movie coming out, like going on Leno.

13. Yeaaah... says:

…I’m not watchin’ this…

14. Samantha Monaco says:

Anybody watch the show? I think she was pretty cool, she is really mature for her age.

She’s coming down to Sydney soon, I can’t wait to buy Miley Cyrus tickets for her world tour.