Exclusive

Criminal Minds Scoop: Fates of Brewster, Moore and Gibson Uncertain

Paget Brewster’s Criminal Minds days may not be numbered after all.

The actress — who was expected to end her six-year run as BAU agent Emily Prentiss in the spring — has been asked to return as a full-fledged regular next season. But there’s a catch: Under the terms of her contract, Brewster has the freedom to attach herself to a pilot for fall — and she’s taking full advantage of that opportunity. (The alum of Andy Richter Controls the Universe is circling a number of comedy projects at Fox.)

Story-wise, Minds execs are keeping all their options open. We’re told the season will conclude with a cliffhanger that will allow producers to bring Prentiss back or write her off.

Incidentally, Brewster isn’t the only Minds cast member whose return to the show next season is uncertain. Deals for Thomas Gibson and Shemar Moore are up at the end of this season and the two are nowhere near new pacts.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Contract Talks, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Mena says:

Bring Gibson and let Moore go! PLEASEEEEEEE. And get JJ and Prentiss back. Good way to gave her away though, far more better than JJ’s. So kill Morgan off, let Hotch and the rest on.

2. Leola says:

Please come to an agreement soon, for all of us Criminal Mind Fans, I would hate for Season Seven to start without Hoch and Derek for a lot of us would probably not watch including me for one. They are both GREAT Actors, and have brought a lot to the show; it will not be the same without them. Derek is my favorite – for he has been my TV Husband since 1997, which is before Criminal Minds, but he has kept me watching Criminal Minds and my DVR recording Criminal Minds. Criminal Minds without Derek and Hoch is unacceptable, please come to an agreement soon and keep us all watching. Are they (Criminal Minds) not getting great ratings? Everyone I know watches. CRIMINAL MINDS is the BEST show on TV!!!! Please listen to all the Criminal Minds Fans. Love You Derek (Shemar), keep up the Great work…

3. Phil says:

No Hotch = No Criminal Minds (sorry to copy Ele, but I 100% agree). He is glue that holds the show together. He may not be the comedy or stand out, but, he is the obvious leader and a damn good actor. I mean he was Greg and on Dharma and Greg and I grew to realize that he was just as or funnier than dharma. To go from a comedy to a drama and be great in both is amazing to me, personally. I like Reed and Morgan and they may be the characters that are remembered, but this is Hotch’s show, in my opinion, like NCIS is Harmon’s show. I hope they bring back everyone but they need Hotch. Also, I guess I am one of the few that likes Rachel Nichols if it means a romance for Reed, as I heard. In my opinion, she is hot and he is a little geeky (which is cool to me, if he gets the hot chick). However, the main thing to do is to KEEP THOMAS GIBSON!

4. carol says:

I started watching this show after it had been on a few seasons. I was immediately hooked and went on a CM Marathon watching all the episodes I’d missed. I absolutely love this show. The chemistry between the characters is just amazing. I love the storylines, the acting…everything about the show and I just love,love,love Shemar Moore! CBS, stop messing with perfection and take pride in the fact that you have one of the best shows on TV. It would be a shame to ruin that!

5. Kris says:

Thomas Gibson and Shemar Moore – without them there is no Criminal Minds. If they don’t come back, I am done with this show.

6. Lisa says:

The cast of season 6- Hotch, Penelope, Spencer, Derek and JJ
    were the best episodes. Don’t watch it anymore since they changed the cast.

7. ashley says:

If thomas, shermar, or gubler leave then why even run criminal minds anymore. Thomas’s character hotchner makes the team who they are. When one of them is distressed he takes the time to help them. And if he leaves then there is no show. Same for shermar i would miss his flirtation with Garcia on the show. That is what adds the humor. And reid who is so oblivious but so very smart is my favorite character. If he leaves im out. And i can watch reruns of the old seasons. Cause criminal minds is an amazing show. So get your act together CBS!!

8. Snezana says:

Why???Why our favourite detectiv Derek Morgan leaving Criminal Minds? :(((( He is the sexist and the best actor I*ve ever seen!!!!!!!!

9. smiley says:

i hope there can be a other season and the can give a chance to put emily and hotch together

10. pamysue says:

Grow up or go away.

11. Michael, please delete this racist comment.

12. lorna says:

Ew. Shemar Moore is a great actor and his character is very classy. Gibsons my fave. Hope they all return, but I back them either way, esp with Brewster being yanked around.

13. Your worst nightmare says:

Excuse me, but could you please pull your bottom lip over yourself & swallow? Please do everyone a favor & disappear. You are not a welcome member of life. Go away.

14. Carolyn says:

Your prejudice is showing, James. How can YOU decide there are too many of anything, when the majority of actors are white? Let it go.

15. Lisalane says:

That’s racist. In fact there aren’t enough. Maybe what we should be asking for is more than one black person per show. If Prentiss will be replaced (not that I want her to), why not use a talented black actress like Gabrielle Union or Nia Long. The list is endless.

16. Britt says:

U are ridiculous! Either grow up or go back to the 1800’s where ur thoughts are shared……..you are disusting

17. Fames Jirkins Derp says:

Happy Mud People History Month. They need to go back to being slaves. Only time they really worked.

18. Fames Dirkins Ferp says: