Friday Night Lights Recap Montage: Time to Cry All Over Again!

In case you missed the recap montage that preceded Wednesday’s Friday Night Lights series finale — or simply want to experience it all over again — we’ve embedded it below. Watch it and weep!

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Andrew says:

thanks a lot
    crying at work
    as if i didnt cry enough last night

2. Maii says:

Amazing show!! I’m going to miss its so much!!

3. tjj50 says:

I will not read recaps of the finale! I will wait to see it on NBC!!

What’s the name of the song tin that video. Went perfectly with the footage.

4. Racheal says:

Oh dear.
    And i havent even gotten to watch the whole season yet.
    Im going to be a mess come April.

5. Kari says:

Last night, I cried when they showed this, and it launched a pretty embarrassing 70 minutes of my life, complete with sobbing and a shush or two.

I will miss these people and this place.

6. Amy says:

This montage really captures the highs and lows in the lives of the folks in Dillon. I already miss this show so much.

7. Corinne says:

Sad day in the TV world….just love this show……thanks for bringing on the tears….again…..

8. Alicia says:

I was so happy I was alone last night because I had the ugliest cry going on. I was so ashamed. Also, every time I think of FNL today I cry….I think I need help!

9. wcb says:

amazing how we can all get tied so emotionally to a show….i will miss it a lot.

10. Caitlin says:

Thank you for posting this! I was going crazy searching for it online today because it was so absolutely perfect…the words, the music, everything that made this show so truly special. Been crying all day just thinking about it. FNL, you will be missed!

11. Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Well damn. :*-(

12. Kelsey Harrison says:

the finale was a testament to the show, how amazing it was, and how it truly will go down in history as one of the best ever. i was crying like a baby through out, and i don’t think any other tv show or finale will ever come close to the level of excellence that this show achieved

13. t.t says:

nothing will ever beat season 1!

14. ObsessiveCompulsion says:

Awesome show. Great finale. I cannot stop re-playing that montage recap.

15. KL says:

I’m British, live in London and have no idea about the rules of American Football (as it’s known in these parts!) but I love FNL and will dearly miss the carefully crafted characters and incredible acting. A hugely under recognised show that bowed out in style.

16. Liam says:

What is the song in the end in the video?

• Tersea says:

What is the name of the song played during the ending of Friday Night Lights on Feb. 9, 2011 and who performed it?

Thank you.

17. Christine says:

is crying, just a little bit.

18. Amanda says:

Will someone please help!! What is the name of the song played on the montage?? I love it and cannot find it anywhere!!!

19. Mike says:

Can someone explain to me how this show is no more??? How can the networks and the people not watching it be so stupid???

20. David says:

AUSIELLO! What’s the name of that song! We need it for our ipods! Please find out!

• DC says:

Does Ausiello or TVLine even look at these comments? It’d be nice if they could use their connections to tell us what the song is!

21. vm says:

what is the song that plays at the beginning of the series finale

22. scy11a says:

What is the name of the song played on the end of the montage?

23. Ellen says:

Thank you for the montage, Michael. I hadn’t seen that part before, and now I can’t stop watching it. sniff, sniff, sniffle, HONK!

I wish there was some way to put together a giant Thank You to these wonderful actors and writers.

24. Carole says:

Has anyone figured out what the song is at the end of the montage?

25. Willy says:

Too cool! Lot’s of great memories there. One of the best network TV shows in a long while going away.

26. SaraK says:

I’m a mess after that finale…
    What a show…

27. DC says:

28. 33Fan says:

I just wanted to say ‘thanks’ to Pete Berg and Jason Katims for ending this show right. Giving us the best closure they could without just jumping shark like so many shows have done. It was perfect, even if we didn’t see what the sex of the twins were. (Trying not to spoil). FNL, I LOVE you and you will be sorely missed.

29. Dan S says:

I have searched far and wide and CANNOT find the name of the song from the montage. I have tried googling the lyrics in quotation marks. I have tried using the Shazam app. NO ONE KNOWS?! I will say that it sounds a lot like the intro to “Use Somebody” by Kings of Leon, but it is obviously not Kings of Leon. Anyone? ANYONE? PLEASE HELP!

30. Jo says:

The end song is “Run With Me” composed by David Hearn (from the Zone Music library). Not sure that will really help though, as it’s not readily available.

31. Brendan says:

Greatest show ever. That song is a jam and can’t be found anywhere. The instrumental music before it is Explosions in the Sky, but any FNL fan knows that. “Texas Forever.”

• scy11a says:

thanks dude, the song’s really great.

• Matt says:

Hi, Chris!
      Do you have any idea how to get the whole version of the song?
      I am “hooked” on the short clip…

• Chris W. says:

Hi Matt,
        The 3-minute version appears to be the whole song. It’s not actually a normal “song” recorded for an “album” per se… it was recorded for a generic sports music library, for instances just like this. Instead of licensing a published song from a band/label, DirecTV searched for “inspirational, upbeat sports music” from a pre-recorded music library… like stock photography, only for music. That’s why it’s great for a video like this, but is sort of generic and doesn’t exist as a full-length tune you’d find on a published album.

32. Liam says:

Thank you so much, Chris!

33. scot says:

any idea what the song was playing during direct tv pfnl promo they played right before series finale aired?

34. Karin says:

Thanks guys for the info about the songs. Do you know what Explosions in the Sky song in particular that opening instrumental part is from?

• Chris W. says:

The Explosions In The Sky song was “Remember Me As A Time of Day”.

I think that’s the same one from the end of the pilot episode too.

35. Matt says:

I’m not really happy about this show not being around anymore.

Putting it mildly.

36. Ty says:

This show meant so Much to me because it finally showed people the life of small town Texas football. I live life just like this. And as my last year in Texas football begins. I use this show almost everyday for motivation.