Scoop: App-solutely Amazing Bones News

Get More: Exclusive, News, Scoop

It’s the Bones hook-up we’ve been waiting for!

In an effort to enhance fans’ viewing experience, Fox has launched the Bones Show Companion, a new iPad app that will automatically synchronize with the current episode as its broadcast in each time zone to provide content that is both wholly unique and pretty freakin’ cool.

Beginning with Thursday’s episode, iPad-owning Bones loyalists (who can download the app for free at the Apple App Store) will have access to such real-time bonus material as…

* A countdown clock that marks the time remaining until a new episode of Bones airs.

* My personal favorite: A translator that converts Brennan’s (and the squints’) geek-speak into, you know, English.

* The Angelatron, a handy guide to the data and information Angela uses to help solve the case, including sketches and crime-scene recreations.

* Sweets’ Final Thoughts, where Sweets provides his analysis of the case and perspective on the lives of the characters.

* A Royal Diner jukebox that identifies the songs and artists featured in each episode.

* A poll that invites users to weigh in on the case in each episode.

* An overview of social-networking chatter so viewers can see and contribute to commentary on Twitter and Facebook.

Bones Spoiler Alert: Look Who’s Being Written Out!

Users will also be able to access app content while watching Bones on their DVRs, Fox.com and Hulu.com. Even better, each episode brings new features.

Cue the Apple App Store stampede!

Tags: ,

Comments (110)

• AWESOME!!! now they have to make one for everyother Fox show!!!

Comment by RebeccaB – February 9, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • same here!! I can’t find it in the app store!!!!

Comment by Rebekah – February 9, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t find it in the app store either.

Comment by Rebekah – February 9, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • damn double posting. said my first post didn’t show up. Sorry guys!

Comment by Rebekah – February 9, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not finding the Bones app! Do I have to wait till Thursday?

Comment by Louise – February 9, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • u will make a lot more money if theres an ipod touch app :) pleaseeee for all us loyal fans

Comment by shawnee – February 9, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pop up video for bones. Great. Now make it for android or I am going to be mad.

Comment by cabezon – February 9, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohhh Pleeeasse put this app on apple macbooks too! I was tossing up weather to get an I-pad or macbook air and I got the macbook. But would so trade it in for this app!!!

Comment by Katherine23 – February 9, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cant find it at the app store!

Comment by jackie – February 9, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want an iTouch/iPhone version!

Comment by Nicole – February 9, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Android app PLEASE!!!

Comment by bizzymommi – February 9, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why don’t they have this for the iPod touch? :(

Comment by Samantha – February 9, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Android users are people, too!

Comment by Bob – February 9, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I want and ipad. Didn’t before, now I do.

Comment by Kristin – February 9, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot locate the app anywhere in the iTunes store. Help!

Comment by Tracy – February 9, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wat is the app called?

Comment by ann – February 9, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another blackberry user here too.. please do something!!! will try to download it on my e-reader that has some android apps, but really doubt it….

Comment by gloria – February 9, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ima be maaad if this doesnt come out for itouch!!

Comment by Noah – February 9, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • App. store says it has no app except the Bones game aspp. Can you spell frustrated,

Comment by Marge Petersen – February 9, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t I find it?!? When I read this, I died. BUT I CAN’T FIND IT AND SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT DIE. -.-

Comment by Elizabeth – February 9, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!! damn… I need an iPad now!! They should come out with an iPod touch app!! Then I’d love it even more! :)

Comment by Ellie Whitaker – February 9, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No love for android! WTH! Getting tired of losing out!

Comment by Junya! – February 9, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, I’m on the App Store and it doesn’t show a Bones show app, just the quiz. What gives? How can I be ready for tomorrow’s espisode when the app isn’t in the store?

Marvin

Comment by Marvin in the US – February 9, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is awesome, but how and when can I get it! A Bones app makes my iPad very happy! Love the RD jukebox!

Comment by Jen – February 9, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ACK!!! Never before have I been tempted to get an IPhone. Hopefully they’ll have one for Android sooner rather than later.

Comment by Nikki – February 9, 2011 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Android!! Make an app for android!

Comment by Jengi – February 9, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This seems like a freaking cool app so please, please, please create an iPhone/iPod Touch version of this because, quite frankly most of the world cannot afford an iPad!

Comment by BonesForever – February 9, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about iPhone ?

Comment by Andrea – February 9, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just downloaded it if it’s anything like the Greys Anatomy app than it should good.

Comment by Toia – February 9, 2011 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Put it on iPod/iPhone! iPad is great and all but we want it too! Awesome idea!

Comment by Keegan – February 10, 2011 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Make this for just regular iPhone!

Comment by Rach – February 10, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Android is big enough that we need this app also. Im a mother of 4 who can not currently work so the ipad is not an option for me an my family. Seriously! Even when I was working 2 jobs I had more important things to spend my money on instead of always trying to keep up with the latest”big thing”. Seriously… We are not all born into money like breenan and a few others on the show. BRING ON THE DROID VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls

Comment by Wende – February 10, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please make the app for the galexy tab, android

Comment by Marylynn – February 10, 2011 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This really needs to be an iphone App, if they have one for House then they should have one for BONES!!!!!

pretty please! spread the word people!

Comment by Brooke – February 15, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would be lovely if there was gonna be one for Android as well…Or if the app was available in German iTunes.

Comment by Keydieh – May 12, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh My God I need this app.

Comment by Rachel – August 10, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post