Glee Exclusive: Gwyneth Paltrow, Matthew Morrison to Cover Prince

You don’t have to be a Gleek to be turned on by this next scoop: When Gwyneth Paltrow returns to Glee on March 8, the show will be giving her the royal treatment — a Prince song to sing!

Glee! Live in Concert: North American Tour Dates Announced

In the episode, the Oscar winner will team with leading man Matthew Morrison on a sexed-up version of the onetime glyph’s ’80s smash, “Kiss.” The duet represents a huge get for the Fox smash’s behind-the-scenes team, as His Highness very rarely licenses his music for television.

Glee Valentine’s Episode Preview: Your Burning Questions Answered!

Storywise, Paltrow’s roving substitute, Holly Holiday, returns to McKinley High to fill in for the MIA sex ed teacher. Cue more flying sparks between her and Morrison’s Mr. Schuester, and presto, a purportedly too-hot-for-TV version of Prince’s classic is born. And what would a cover of “Kiss” be without a literal liplock? Rhetorical question, people. Yes, Holly and Will pucker up.

Just realized who might not be pumped about this news: Wemma fans. Hey, at least they’re not covering George Michael’s “I Want Your Sex.”

Comments (42)

• I am excited for this! I am glad Will is trying to move on from Emma (although I do like them together) because he was starting to look really pathetic.

Comment by ErixN – February 8, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Emma is pathetic. If anything, Will needs to give Terri a second chance. He was too quick to divorce her without working out their problems.

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 8, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Terry was awful. She had no true remorse for her erratic and psycho behavior and admitted she was happiest when Will was miserable. How would you suggest he work that out? I say give Gwinnie/Holly a try. Emma’s a nutjob and is married to Uncle Jesse anyway. Gwinnie or the Bieste. That’s it.

Comment by No Way – February 8, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Both of you are wrong. Will belongs with Emma,and Holly is going to make him see that.

Comment by Mia – February 8, 2011 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He already wanted to be with Emma. She stopped wanting to be with him. It’s that simple. He needs to move on.

Comment by charlotte – February 8, 2011 04:12 PM PDT
          • holly is going to make EMMA see that

Comment by shir – February 9, 2011 10:09 AM PDT
        • Terri only did what she had to do to hold onto her man. And the baby thing wasn’t her idea anyway—it was her sister’s. She’s not a psycho–she was just forced into a desperate situation. Will should have given her a second chance.

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 8, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It doesn’t matter whose idea it was. Terri is totally responsible for taking action on it. Lying to her husband in order to hang on to him was completely wrong. Then she kept the whole thing going, with continued lies, a fake baby bump and a fake ultrasound. Then she concocted the scheme of trying to get Quinn’s baby in order to pass it off as her own. This was more than a quick lie told out of panic; this was an elaborate plan. She doesn’t deserve a second chance.

Comment by Bella – February 8, 2011 01:13 PM PDT
          • or she could have said i lost the baby but i love you and i want to work things out. THAT is a normal thing to do… she is stupid and crazy but i do think that she did love him. anyone who would take that advice or even consider it is indeed a psyco…. or just vacuous.

Comment by JJ – February 10, 2011 05:39 PM PDT
      • Here’s my opinion. Terri DOES NOT belong with Will. She was a b*tch to him and we all know he deserves better than her. Now on this tangent that they’re going to go with. I think it’s really cute. :) It’ll be nice to see Will move on (for the moment). Don’t get me wrong, I want him with Emma, but circumstances aren’t right at this moment. Emma’s “happily” married and has moved on to Will’s eyes. He would seem like a pathetic loser if he kept pinning for her attention (I will say I wasn’t happy with his attempt in the “Rocky Horror” episode, very unprofessional by his part). I’m happy with this move by the writers, it’ll make Will happy for a while and maybe we’ll start getting those jealous looks from Emma.

Comment by Alex – February 8, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Terri’s not a bitch. She just made some bad decisions. She and Will need to reunite.

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 8, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • umm yes she is …or at least was to him, she might have loved him but she actually said “this marriage works because you don’t feel good about yourself” …quality person right there.

Comment by JJ – February 10, 2011 05:35 PM PDT
  • Im a Wemma fan and I can’t wait for Emma jealousy. This will be great for Will and Emma.

Comment by Diana – February 8, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so many levels of awesomeness, I like Wemma but I hope Will can get some action more, besides GP and MM have amazing chemistry that will surely heat up the screen.

Comment by Amy – February 8, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are really using Gwyneth well. I wouldn’t mind seeing her reappear a couple times a year if she’d go in for it. My girl Kristen Chenoweth too please.

And someone needs to get on getting the Chenoweth Musical sit-com a schedule berth.

Comment by John Berggren – February 8, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So this is pretty much a 2 episode fling, and there so we can get some nice Wemma development.

Okay Im in, Wemma have the best chemistry on the show. Nothing holds a candle to it.

Comment by Sandy – February 8, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like singing in the rain right now! This is awesome!

Comment by Amlys – February 8, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn straight, Im a Wemma fan and Im pissed. What the hell is going on with my favorite couple.

Stupid guest stars.

Comment by Mia – February 8, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha “Wemma” fan! :D

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 8, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you’re wrong!!! Wemma fans are super excited for this!! We can’t wait for Gwyneth to return =)

Comment by Kristin Leigh Jenkins – February 8, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good Lord….Matt Morrison AND Prince? Does not get any better than that. And, as far as Wemma, come on. What great TV couple gets to their endgame without some bumps in the road. Paltrow is a pretty cool bump. Wait for that awesome reunion moment. Wait for it….

Comment by nicole T. – February 8, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma is married to Uncle Jesse. She shouldn’t be pining for Will.

PLEASE give me some TERRI scoop! I miss seeing Jessalyn Gilsig on my screen!

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 8, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is leaving at the end of the season, their is your scoop.

Wemma is endgame. :P

Comment by Mia – February 8, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Source please.

Anyone who likes that psycho Emma needs to get help.

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 8, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What that Wemma is endgame, Brad Falchuk said that.

Terri leaving is obvious. You need to get your deluded thoughts that Will and Terri will reunite.

He loves Emma, this whole Holly arc is for Wemma development.

Comment by Mia – February 8, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If Terri were leaving, they wouldn’t have brought her back as a SERIES REGULAR this season!!! :D

Why you’d wish Jessalyn Gilsig out of a job is beyond me, but it sure is sick.

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 8, 2011 07:36 PM PDT
  • yay!! I pretty much adore everything Paltrow does and now she’s going to do one of my favourite songs. Yay.

Comment by PV – February 8, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paltrow is murdering yet another song I love. But hey, maybe she’s found some comedic timing since her last ep………doubt it.

Comment by B – February 8, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering that even CeeLo liked her cover, your opinion is hardly shared by all.

Comment by John Berggren – February 8, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is for Ausiello – for heaven’s sake please STOP putting the links to your other stories between every other fricking sentence! So irritating.

Comment by sherimoonzombie – February 8, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I for one am a Wemma fan BUT their relationship is such a HUGE mess! Their friendship is so messed up that it needs to be fixed before there can be anymore Wemma. I’m happy that Holly is coming back. I think Emma deserves to be jealous and be put through torture after how she’s treated Will. I’m glad Will is moving on for now.

Comment by Kristyn – February 8, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Holly and Will are good for each other. Maybe not for the long term, but she could definitely help Will loosen up and stop acting like less of a creep and he could definitely teach her a little something about commitment.
    As far as how I feel about Will and Emma, I thought they were good until he got desperate. She’s happy with Carl, and it would be stupid for them to get divorced now. Divorce is something this show doesn’t take seriously enough, unfortunately. I still shipped Wemma until she got married. The worst part is, it really only happened because the theme of that particular episode was marriage. If it hadn’t been, they would’ve just moved in together or something. That seems more in Carl’s character.
    As for Terri, he gave her a chance. And another. And another. She continued to put him down and demand him to give her more than what was fair. She’s materialistic and selfish and liked him for the same reason Sue did in “Funk;” he’s a good trophy husband.

Comment by Random person – February 8, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m team Wue. :D

Comment by FunnyBrit – February 8, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this is not the only prince song i hope this is an episode tribrute to him. Id like to see when doves cry and purple rain as well!! Really hoping for a tribrute episode

Comment by Tony – February 8, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to have Gwyneth back…and singing a Prince song!! Hate Terri..hope she’s off the show for good. Emma’s a mess and Will is better off w/o her…let’s keep Holly coming back for more :)

Comment by sunnydays – February 8, 2011 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Terri’s a series regular (unlike Mike and Sam). She ain’t goin’ anywhere!! :D

Comment by AlistairCrane – February 8, 2011 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think AlistairCrane may be a pseudonymn for Jessalyn Gilsig! I’ve never seen so much love & support for Psycho Terri!!
    That said, I also don’t see Will & Emma together either….they
    had their chance, but she was a little too phobic anyway.
    I say it’s time to bring in a NEW love interest for Will!!
    (and no, not Gwyneth, either…except as a ‘substitue’!)

Comment by Mykey716 – February 8, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I *want* Shu and Holly to do a duet on I Want Your Sex — *including* Parts 2 and 3. ‘Twould be interesting to see how Murphy would divvy the lyrics between them.

Comment by Rob J. – February 9, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually thinking that Beiste is the woman meant for Will. I saw some mega chemistry in episode 6, and it looked like Will was really into Beiste’s first kiss.

Comment by Robert – February 9, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • terry IS DEFINITELY a psycho! i love Gwyneth paltrow! she is beautiful and has an amazing voice and i think her and will would be cute together. However, i am a HUGE wemma fan they are just beyond adorable together… should be a fun episode. but do remember it IS just a tv show.

Comment by JJ – February 10, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on! Terri is going to get pregnant from will and it is going to be the cliffhanger for season 3, why else would Ryan Murphy keep her as a series regular?

Comment by df – February 15, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post