Scoop: Nia Vardalos' Big Fat Cougar Town Stint

Cougar Town could be about to stage its first official catfight! Nia Vardalos, who in real life is the wife of Ian Gomez, who plays Andy, has just been cast as a woman with more than a passing interest in him… a woman who just happens to be his brother’s wife. Juicy, right?

Exclusive: Cougar Town is Going to Hawaii!

When ABC’s uproarious wine-soaked sitcom welcomes the My Big Fat Greek Wedding bride in an April episode, we’ll learn that her Cougar Town character has long harbored a crush on Andy. In fact, according to my Town source, she thinks of him as the one that got away. So I’m guessing those old feelings are about to get stirred up again, which can only serve to stir up Ellie (Christa Miller) — hence the catfight I alluded to above.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how good does this sound? And how long until April? You may answer either or both questions below.

Comments (9)

• His brother’s sister or his brother’s wife? Either way, can’t wait! I <3 Cougar Town!

Comment by Ann V. – February 7, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brother’s WIFE!!!!!!!

Comment by Michael Ausiello – February 7, 2011 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol, should be interesting.

Comment by Vanny – February 7, 2011 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • on a scale of 1 to 10? 20!!! This is so cool!
    Waiting for April has become even harder :/

Comment by irene – February 7, 2011 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait!!!!! april too far away =(

Comment by Sarah – February 7, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds great! This show is so hilarious to me to begin with, so when they introduce guest stars like this, it just makes it that much better! Can’t wait!

Comment by Karolyn – February 7, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY I’ve been waiting for her to guest star, love her.

Comment by Jones19 – February 7, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Nia Vardalos, very talented lady and since Cougar Town debuted, I had been wondering how long it would take for her to get a cameo.

So as you can imagine, I’m thrilled she’s going to be a member of Andy’s family because the potential is there for her to be a recurring guest star, which would be awesome. Especially with Cougar Town already renewed for a third season.

Comment by Scott – February 7, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super excited! I love Andy so I’m glad he will be getting some genuine love rather than the teasing he always gets. Not to mention this will probably bring out a great side of Ellie! They are my favorite part of the show, sadly Jules is my least.

Comment by Kate – February 7, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post