Glee Valentine's Episode Preview: Your Burning Questions Answered!

If you follow me on Twitter, you already know how I feel about this Tuesday’s episode of Fox’s Glee (airing Tuesday at 8/7c): It’s pretty damn great. (Sorry for cussing, PTC.)

Glee Super Bowl Episode Recap: Cannonball Fun

Titled “Silly Love Songs,” the Valentine’s Day-themed outing offers plot movement, some long-overdue bits of character study, and performances (including the title track) that punctuate, versus dictate, storyline.

The gist: It turns out that Puck’s “seven minutes in heaven” with new Gleek Lauren left at least one of them wanting more. That tees up a very entertaining courtship process as well as one of the most physical, one-sided catfights you may ever see. Elsewhere, Finn’s success on the gridiron has inflated his ego to the point that he sees it as his duty to man a kissing booth. That brings on developments in both his past relationships and evokes Melissa Sue Anderson’s Brady Bunch appearance (for the other old-timers out there).

TVLine Counts Down Glee‘s 11 Best Numbers!

As I “live-tweeted” my advanced viewing of this episode, I was hit with a plethora of questions. To help you prep for seeing “Silly Love Songs” yourself, here are some answers-slash-teases.

Was the episode worth the two-month wait? – @erinrachelle74
That burden really fell on Sunday night’s aprés-Super Bowl episode. But regardless of how super or fumbling that outing was, Tuesday’s follow-up is one of the real standouts from the past season-and-a-half. I want to say that I haven’t been as impressed with a Glee ep since “Grilled Cheesus,” except that one kinda had people divided between “great” and “awful.” But I can’t imagine many folks coming down hard on “Silly Love Songs” – it’s that satisfying on multiple fronts.

Any scenes to make a Puck fan happy? – @karladan
Puck fans will have plenty of scenes to choose from, so the odds are good. Yes, some of you may have groaned when you got wind that your boy would be crushing on the new gal. But stick around, because their dynamic is totally enjoyable and fresh, if only because Lauren has Puck-like spunk – and I don’t think she’s posing, either.

Are there any signs of Finn and Rachel getting back together? Or at least good scenes between them? – @JonaDemiSeliMil
There are multiple scenes between Finn and Rachel – including one where he reveals a very special gift that he ordered for her pre-breakup. Tear.

Anything Finchel? – @monsterfan13
Would you say that a kiss on the cheek from Finn has a value of a $1? Because Rachel would beg to disagree. Also, the latest spin on the rollercoaster that is their showmance sets up a cover of Katy Perry’s “Firework” that is plenty rousing.

Any Brittana in the episode? – @caligirllaurez
One of the two veryclose Cheerios consoles the other, but it’s all rather chaste. Brittany comes off as very happy with her Artie (and vice versa), and that makes me smile.

Does Quinn actually have lines in this episode? – @badtoad20
As the unofficial president of the unofficial Dianna Agron Fan Club, I am happy to report that this is her most significant episode since early Season 1. You’ll see her wax romantic, yet also catch glimpses of the bad girl we fell for hard back in the day. Oh, and as icing on the cake, Dianna is operating at peak luminescence.

I’m guessing Sam and Quinn break up? – @CubaLibra
Why do you think that? Because he watches her kiss another guy? Or because by episode’s end, he’s trading furtive glances with another fine young lady?

Do Quinn and Finn finally get the closure they needed? – @MsHayleyH
Someone help me out here: What’s the opposite of closure?

Are they really going forward with Finn/Quinn again? – @peigilbert
Let’s just say they have a lot more unfinished business than even I thought — and even better, it’s poignantly addressed.

I was left a little bit hurting for Kurt and Blaine after seeing the scene in the GAP (watch it here). Tell me it gets better. – @xxminishaxx
As much as I will sing this episode’s praises, it is my opinion that the GAP/”When I Get Your Alone” scene is its one (and a prolonged) weak spot. That said, it gives the “Klaine” story a much-needed kick in the pants.

Will Klaine fans be happy at the end of the episode? – @Sparr0wni
Well, they won’t be nearly as miserable as the aforementioned GAP number gets them feeling!

Is Emma in it at all? She was supposed to have some secret? – @iheartbillyb
Perhaps the “secret” is that her scene is actually in the Feb. 15 episode, titled “Comeback.” Because there’s not a trace of Emma (or Sue, for that matter) in this episode.

Can you give us a clue about who gets the last scene in the episode? – @oldnumetal
Ausiello gave me the OK to try one of those “asterisk quiz” things, so here’s a hint: *veryo*e.

1. anonymaeus says:

FINCHEL!

2. Rebeccapedia says:

Meh, I kind of like Finn/Quinn, I want a break from Finn/Rachel and I HATE Quinn/Sam, so bland! I’d really like a little Rachel/Puck, they’re really good together, and that song last night was better than anything Rachel & Finn have ever done (well, Born Again was ridiculously funny) but it seems the writers don’t really want to go down Rachel/Puck (probably because they know the fanbase for them would grow and then people would get mighty peed-off about the whole Finn & Rachel are endgame thing Ryan Murphy’s been on about since episode one. Or maybe he’s trying to wait it out with them and Puck/Rachel will actually be endgame! Haha, wishful thinking!)
    Does nobody else think that Finn seems like a nicer, more genuine guy when he’s around Quinn?

• Leyla says:

No, I think he’s much better with Rachel.

• Erin says:

i totally agree about how BORING sam and quinn, THEY ARE SO BLAND. dianna has so much potential so putting her character with sam was a bad idea.

yeah i think finn and quinn bring out the best in each other.
      i’m hoping for Puckleberry endgame too! and Fuinn!

• Pammy says:

Finchel may not be endgame, but Puckleberry has even less of a chance to be that. It’s either Finchel or Single Rachel/Finn.

3. Sarah says:

I have a serious issue with the GAP scene… what ever happened to Glee not being like High School Musical and not breaking into song spontaneously?? The producers assured audiences when the show first started that musical numbers were always integrated in the plot in logical, normal places, like the choir room or the stage… So why are they breaking into song in the GAP!?

4. jasin says:

Any Terri scenes coming up??? The show is not the same without her.

5. Kiki says:

Hope no one gets the mumps…:)

6. O says:

I hope this Finn and Quinn thing won’t last! I’ve never liked them as a couple!

7. AlistairCrane says:

BRING BACK TERRI!!! She is the only reason I watch this silly show.

8. Glee Fan says:

Honestly the next episode seems like character assassination for Finn and Quinn (somewhat). While I do believe Finn/Rachel are endgame, I still don’t get why Finn would go back to the person who cheated on him, manipulated him into thinking it was his baby, and continually lied to him yet he can’t forgive Rachel for cheating on him but coming clean right after.
    I mean the fact that he’d even consider getting back together with Quinn after everything she did to him (including treat him horribly) is just …. I don’t even know.
    Maybe it’s because I’ve never really liked Quinn but it makes no sense and it makes Quinn & Finn look bad in the episode with them cheating.
    And I still don’t get how this in any way reuniting can be closure for them.

9. Marwa.AR says:

I really started to hate finn !! wht kinda jerk is he !?
    Reachel is so in love w/ him ! and Quinn hurted him so many times !!
    Ugh .. Glee started to suck

10. Angel says:

The Gap Guy in When I Get You Alone is ADORABLE! I want him and Blaine together.

11. GleeSeason says:

I really wonder where they will go with Finn/Quinn since I was actually content with the blond Sam/Quinn couple.

12. X. says:

Michael could learn a thing or two from your asterisk quiz skills.

13. quinn says:

i really love sam and quinn together but quinn and finn make a erfect couple. i wanted to cry furing the super bowl themed episode

14. Cara says:

No! This will ruin the show. You have to keep Sam and Quinn together, they are PERFECT for eachother :(<3!

15. Matt says:

Wow. You mostly ignore Kurt & Blaine except to criticize them.

16. rachel says:

Finchel can just be Finchel, can’t they? They don’t have to have drama with them every week. There a SO many characters to mess with, just leave Finchel alone.

17. Ange says:

Personally I’m looking forward to seeing Finn and Quinn given another chance. I always felt they made a much better couple than Rachel and Finn ever did. Hoping for a Puckleberry future…

18. Nadine says:

Despite all those heartbreaking scenes (Fuinn together and no more Finchel), Glee is still fun to watch!!! Loved the episode ♥ ♥

19. Karlie says:

I have been wanting Quinn and Finn back since forever! I always thought there would be a chance for them since the Hell-O episode when Finn sang that song and the way he looked over at Quinn… I knew Fuinn would return.

I was hoping Sam and Quinn would stay but I do like Fuinn better.

Hopefully Puckleberry stays :D they make a better couple than Finchel.

Honestly I think the reason that Quinn was mean to Finn was because she felt that she had a lot of power being the head cheerio, since she quit, maybe Finn will get equal amount of say in everything. Just have to wait and find out :)

P.S. Karovsky better get his ass out of Narnia.

20. bobby ;) says:

PUCKLEBERRY ALL THE WAY :)

• Lainie says:

Ewwww. No! Puck is with Lauren now. And he has been with how many girls, is it 5 or 6? Do you really want that for Rachel Berry?

21. Kalie says:

Puckleberry can never be endgame because Mark has never been promoted as lead like Cory is. Cory and Rachel have always been the male and female lead among the “kids.” And Glee, for all its inconsistencies, is a very structured show.

22. Annika says:

I’m going to have to say I would love to see Sam and Rachel together after Quinn breaks up with him. At first to make Finn and Quinn jealous but then they would actually develop feelings for each other. Sam and Quinn are adorable, but Finn and Rachel get boring and their plot gets repetitive. I know Puckelberry is very unlikely, and Jesse probably isn’t coming back for a while.

23. Wacka says:

Finn is a loser and with this last episode I think the writers should get Rachel a new love interest. Maybe someone new to the show

24. FINN/QUINNFAN says:

ABSOLUTELY LOVE-LOVE-LOVE FINN/QUINN TOGETHER!!!!

25. Alexus says:

i love glee!! but i dnt understand y “popularity” is such an important aspect in the show. i think quin and finn really do like each other, but thats probably jus a popularity stunt so they can be “cool” again..*gags*. but finn is kinda more conceited 2 me and i dnt lyk that lol but i wud really lyk to see rachel and puck take anutha go at it (dnt hate me all the finchel fans lol). idk, i think i had a thing 4 badboys!…and i hope kurt gets blaine cuz i love him so kurt so much!! lol