Glee Valentine's Episode Preview: Your Burning Questions Answered!

If you follow me on Twitter, you already know how I feel about this Tuesday’s episode of Fox’s Glee (airing Tuesday at 8/7c): It’s pretty damn great. (Sorry for cussing, PTC.)

Glee Super Bowl Episode Recap: Cannonball Fun

Titled “Silly Love Songs,” the Valentine’s Day-themed outing offers plot movement, some long-overdue bits of character study, and performances (including the title track) that punctuate, versus dictate, storyline.

The gist: It turns out that Puck’s “seven minutes in heaven” with new Gleek Lauren left at least one of them wanting more. That tees up a very entertaining courtship process as well as one of the most physical, one-sided catfights you may ever see. Elsewhere, Finn’s success on the gridiron has inflated his ego to the point that he sees it as his duty to man a kissing booth. That brings on developments in both his past relationships and evokes Melissa Sue Anderson’s Brady Bunch appearance (for the other old-timers out there).

TVLine Counts Down Glee‘s 11 Best Numbers!

As I “live-tweeted” my advanced viewing of this episode, I was hit with a plethora of questions. To help you prep for seeing “Silly Love Songs” yourself, here are some answers-slash-teases.

Was the episode worth the two-month wait? – @erinrachelle74
That burden really fell on Sunday night’s aprés-Super Bowl episode. But regardless of how super or fumbling that outing was, Tuesday’s follow-up is one of the real standouts from the past season-and-a-half. I want to say that I haven’t been as impressed with a Glee ep since “Grilled Cheesus,” except that one kinda had people divided between “great” and “awful.” But I can’t imagine many folks coming down hard on “Silly Love Songs” – it’s that satisfying on multiple fronts.

Any scenes to make a Puck fan happy? – @karladan
Puck fans will have plenty of scenes to choose from, so the odds are good. Yes, some of you may have groaned when you got wind that your boy would be crushing on the new gal. But stick around, because their dynamic is totally enjoyable and fresh, if only because Lauren has Puck-like spunk – and I don’t think she’s posing, either.

Are there any signs of Finn and Rachel getting back together? Or at least good scenes between them? – @JonaDemiSeliMil
There are multiple scenes between Finn and Rachel – including one where he reveals a very special gift that he ordered for her pre-breakup. Tear.

Anything Finchel? – @monsterfan13
Would you say that a kiss on the cheek from Finn has a value of a $1? Because Rachel would beg to disagree. Also, the latest spin on the rollercoaster that is their showmance sets up a cover of Katy Perry’s “Firework” that is plenty rousing.

Any Brittana in the episode? – @caligirllaurez
One of the two veryclose Cheerios consoles the other, but it’s all rather chaste. Brittany comes off as very happy with her Artie (and vice versa), and that makes me smile.

Does Quinn actually have lines in this episode? – @badtoad20
As the unofficial president of the unofficial Dianna Agron Fan Club, I am happy to report that this is her most significant episode since early Season 1. You’ll see her wax romantic, yet also catch glimpses of the bad girl we fell for hard back in the day. Oh, and as icing on the cake, Dianna is operating at peak luminescence.

I’m guessing Sam and Quinn break up? – @CubaLibra
Why do you think that? Because he watches her kiss another guy? Or because by episode’s end, he’s trading furtive glances with another fine young lady?

Do Quinn and Finn finally get the closure they needed? – @MsHayleyH
Someone help me out here: What’s the opposite of closure?

Are they really going forward with Finn/Quinn again? – @peigilbert
Let’s just say they have a lot more unfinished business than even I thought — and even better, it’s poignantly addressed.

I was left a little bit hurting for Kurt and Blaine after seeing the scene in the GAP (watch it here). Tell me it gets better. – @xxminishaxx
As much as I will sing this episode’s praises, it is my opinion that the GAP/”When I Get Your Alone” scene is its one (and a prolonged) weak spot. That said, it gives the “Klaine” story a much-needed kick in the pants.

Will Klaine fans be happy at the end of the episode? – @Sparr0wni
Well, they won’t be nearly as miserable as the aforementioned GAP number gets them feeling!

Is Emma in it at all? She was supposed to have some secret? – @iheartbillyb
Perhaps the “secret” is that her scene is actually in the Feb. 15 episode, titled “Comeback.” Because there’s not a trace of Emma (or Sue, for that matter) in this episode.

Can you give us a clue about who gets the last scene in the episode? – @oldnumetal
Ausiello gave me the OK to try one of those “asterisk quiz” things, so here’s a hint: *veryo*e.

1. Rolfe says:

I love Quinn and Finn! So hot!

2. Mike says:

what have they done to this show? It is horrible. I miss going after a goal… finn and rachel being leaders… all of it. and finn and quinn??? I mean – she didn’t just like cheat on you and then have a baby with another guy. They have ruined finn for me. I am done with this show.

3. Dari says:

I miss Finn and Rachel… they just threw away the entire season one and half of season two… done with this show

4. Pam says:

I miss Finchel!

5. Holly says:

Hate Finn & Quinn together. Don’t need to revisit that, I want Finchel back!

6. Sarah says:

Bring back FINCHEL!!!

7. Nicole says:

I hope the point of the Fuinn stuff is to give them closure because I really do enjoy the Finchel story more.

8. Brittany says:

Isn’t Melissa Sue Anderson famous for Little House on the Prairie? Anyhow, I digress.

I can’t say I’m looking forward to ANYthing with Finn (or Will for that matter), but I’m so absurdly excited for this episode.

• Allie says:

Yes. She is! I thought the EXACT same thing. She did guest star on the Brady Bunch. She gave Bobby the measles when she kissed him and her name was Millicent. It’s kinda scary that I know that….

• Lisa says:

I’m the opposite. I watch this show most of all just to see Finn Hudson. Or rather Cory Monteith playing Finn Hudson.

9. Laura says:

No interest in this storyline, Quinn just can’t stop cheating can she? I want my Finn & Rachel

10. Ari says:

What unfinished business? Finn and Quinn have all wrapped up alright. You don’t have to forgive all and anything and keep friendship with every awful, cheating, abusive ex you had!

11. Josie says:

I am so glad Glee is finally back, but I miss Finn and Rachel together. I hate this Finn and Quinn stuff and hope it ends soon.

12. Debra says:

Quinn kissing Finn like that was disgusting and showed that she didn’t learn her lesson from the last time. Oh and taking out any significant scene for Finn and Rachel was a tacky to shove Finn and Quinn down our throats.

13. Eve says:

Gosh darnit, Averyole gets the final scene AGAIN?!

14. Anna says:

I hope lauren/Puck is short term. I miss Quinn and Puck.

15. dana says:

THIS IS BS.
    So, Fuinn isn’t closure? I don’t understand. This relationship failed miserably in Season 1, why return? Finn is in love with Rachel, he is just angry. I don’t get what happened to the show I once fell in love with. I seriously do not.
    Gonna go watch some Journey and Duets and all those other episodes that made me one proud shipper of the core of the show, the couple with more kisses, i love yous, mentions of love, and duets than ANY other couple in the entire show.

16. Sean says:

Please let Quinn and Finn be all about closure.

I just want the writers to give Quinn and Puck a chance.

17. Maddy says:

I miss Finchel, bit more importantly Sam and Quinn who are utterly adorable and bring or the best in each other!!

Plus I adore Chord and Diana and they’re so pretty to look at.

18. Summer says:

LOVE FINN AND QUINN!

19. Noel Puckerman says:

I want PUCKLEBERRY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Alexus says:

OMG!! i thought i was the only one who thought that rachel and puck wuz the cutest couple ever!!!! i ssssooooooo want them 2 get bak 2gether!!lol

20. Sarah says:

I hope this Fuinn stuff is only to further the development of Finn and Rachel and make their relationship even more legitimate.

21. Taylor says:

The episode kind of felt after school special, but it was fine. better then most of the season 2 episodes anyway. However, did not like the ending. I hope the road leads back to Finn/Rachel and maybe a reunion to Quinn/Puck

22. Stephanie says:

The writers are just inventing more road blocks for Finchel with Quinn. NO reason to go there. She got pregnant by his best friend and made Finn believe he was the father! HOW could they revisit this??? AWFUL.

23. Kristin says:

I don’t like Quinn/Sam, they are utterly boring. However, I do not like that Quinn already cheated on him. But, if this means Sam can get a interesting storyline, and maybe Quinn reunites with Puck later on, then it will be all good.

24. Sandy says:

I HATE Quinn and Finn together. They better not be together by the end of this episode. I want Finchel back. Quinn has done to many bad things to Finn he can’t get back together with her. And she’s with Sam.

25. Summer says:

sam and quinn are just plain boring to watch, they sort have no chemistry at all…

its always interesting watching rachel with puck, and finn with quinn :) these couples are just too cute together

26. Lilly says:

Stop with the musical chairs of romance and just write good romantic storylines for Finn/Rachel, Quinn/Sam, and Brittana.

27. Rabbit says:

Ugh, no more Finn/Quinn, please!
    I adore Quinn, but the reason why I loved her so much is because she was the only character who remembered what she had learned in season one!
    But, apparently, Ryan Murphy hates character development and decided to devolve Quinn’s character from the mature voice of reason of the Glee club to the flippant hypocritical cheater.
    And Puck/Lauren? Don’t even get me started with that bucket of rage.
    Ugggh, I am so frustrated with Glee’s romance subplots right now.

• San says:

Omg I like totally agree with nobody on this. I never liked Finchel I mean even the name just sucks. i want my Puckleberry! (See it sounds so right) I’m tired of all this cheating and going behind backs man. Get a new plot where the cheating isn’t around Finn and Quinn all the time. I love both the characters they are amazing and I love them to death. Also the whole Puck & Lauren thing ugh don’t even get me started. I despised the couple ever since she helped him out of the garbage can. (P.S. I love Lauren she has spunk, but like I said what are they thinking this couple makes no sense) Puckleberry needs to rise though i have little hope for it (tear drop then starts to sob) there is nothing for me to do. Also like Puck said, “We’re a couple of good looking Jews.”

28. dissappointed says:

This show was so great until finn and quinn, glad to know Quinn’s character development was shot Sam deserves better and hopefully Finn will eventually realize his mistake and try to win back Rachel

29. Jamie says:

To me, Finn and Quinn is Will and Terri, the popular ones and the HS romance that didn’t work and Quinn manipulating Finn the first time definitely showed that. I don’t think they work at all. I hate that they are even revisiting this because he should have learned the first time. As for Puck, if Rachel can’t be with Finn, then I love Puck and Rachel’s friendship or relationship, whatever you want to call it. I think they have great chemistry.

30. Seal says:

oh dear god, not Fuinn AGAIN. I NEED MY FINCHEL BACK NOWWW.

31. Summer says:

Couldn’t stand Fuinn the first time around. She was aweful to him at every turn. Definately don’t want to revisit that again. Hopefully it will only last for a little bit.

32. Caroline says:

All fans want is Finchel and Quick <3

33. Liz says:

i can’t stand the thought of Finn and Quinn getting back together. I think Quinn and Sam are really cute/innocent together, which is really what she needs right now. However, there have been some noticeable feelings on Finn’s part throughout the first part of this season. I don’t think his feelings for Quinn completely disappeared just because she cheated on him and treated him like crap for the entire first season. (I’m not quite sure what that says about him.) I really liked Finnchel, but I think that Finn was not ready to get involved with anyone (even though half a school year had gone by since his breakup with Quinn).

34. Mikaylah says:

I gotta say I am kinda over Finn. Still love Rachel, and loved her with Puck in tonight’s episode. Don’t know how realistic a Puckleberry relationship is, but I like their chemistry and dynamic. I don’t like the idea of Quinn with Finn, but I guess it could be okay. The Sam/Santana pairing should be interesting. Oh, and I love Artie and Brittney! So cute.

35. Kristin says:

I don’t know why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over Fuinn. They’ll be over for good soon enough. It is nice to see Quinn play a larger role once again, and Cory and Dianna have good chemistry. It actually works out quite well- Rachel can learn to be strong and independent, Finn and Quinn can wrap up their thing, and Puck can learn to be less of a shallow manwhore. I’m rooting for Finchel/Quick but also loving how things are going!!

36. Catherine says:

I just wanna say that I cried when Rachel and Finn broke up! They WERE glee.. Well in my opinion anyways. Quinn really needs to start behaving!

37. hsm82 says:

St. Berry of Puckleberry please! I personally like the idea of Fuinn if nothing else so Finn can get knocked off his high horse a little which Quinn should be able to do.

38. Blair says:

i have to agree Cory and Dianna have amaaazing chemistry, so Ryan Murphy would be a fool to waste that. i personally LOVE finn and quinn together, but everyone has their own opinion. i also really like puckleberry! i’m not into the whole finchel thing, they bring out the worst in each other and are just kind of boring to watch…

the second season has been no where near as good as the first season so i’m hoping that after this great superbowl episode, these episodes will get better and better!!!

• Annabel says:

Cory and Dianna are amazing and Cory and Lea are also wonderful together. I’m so torn!!!

• San says:

Ah thankyou! Goodness I love you whoever you are. Finchel does bring out the worst in themselves. I’d so much rather have Fuinn(?) than Finchel it’s just ugh go to my other post if you want to see what I think about them! Puckleberry rocks!

39. Quinn says:

Team Finchel!

I hope that, while rebounding with Quinn, Quinn treats Finn better than last time. It made me cringe to hear her call him a moron all the time.

The Super Bowl episode was fantastic, though! So I’m not worried. I’ll let them tell their story.

40. Katy says:

I’m just excited to see what will happen next!
    That was a great episode. Puckleberry had a nice duet.. Still missing Finchel. I’m glad there will be some actual scenes of them together. Even if they are having.. problems. Hope the second half of the season is better that the first!!!!!!

41. marilou says:

I miss finchel soooo much! And I don’t get the finn/quinn thing like IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! AT ALL! I really hope it will be resolve soon so we can go back to a gleefull finchel and never speak of finn quinn again!
    FINN and Rachel FOR THE WIN!
    We better get an epic reunion soon!

42. Pam says:

I have no interest in watching if they proceed with Fuinn….I don’t get it….Is Finn going to be okay with Quinn insulting Rachel…you know that is not going to stop…. I guess I can turn the channel if it gets too bad!!

43. Brooke says:

Please, just bring back Finchel. I enjoy the chemistry between Lea and Cory. And really, I don’t know what to say about Quinn. They’ve turned her into a frequent cheater and that doesn’t look good on anyone, regardless of their motives.

44. Jo says:

Murphy freely says he gets bored with couples. That was genuinely his reason for beraking Sam and Quinn up. There’s some good 3D characters there.
    Tbh, the only real couple I care about is Klaine. And that clip made me sad.

45. Callie says:

Finchel are the heart of Glee. I know they’ll be back, but why must the writers taint them like this? FUINN 2.0…really? After everything Quinn did to him, he’ll forgive her and be with her but not Rachel? I don’t get it. Finchel’s reunion better be effing epic.

46. FRfan says:

Is it true that in future episodes that Holly Holiday will help get Finn and Rachel back together?

47. Joyce says:

How stupid is Finn? He breaks up with Rachael because she kissed puck. Now he is going back to Quinn who slept with Puck, got pregnant and tried to blame it on him when they had not even had sex!

It seems to me that they are writing Quinn as a shallow b**** who only wants the most popular person in school. (Right now it is Finn because he was football MVP).

48. AbigailCastillo says:

I have been wondering since the very beginning of Season 2! Why is it that everyone in Glee still favors Quinn over Rachel?! I mean I understand that she is slighting annoying but Quinn did very horrible things last season!!! Why is everyone acting like it never happened??? I am so confused! Poor Rachel!

• Nicky says:

Rachel pisses off the Glee club members because of her prima donna/diva-ish ways (throwing hissy fits when other people get solos, sabotaging Sunshine, bragging about being the best which although true is insufferable) and she’s done some pretty sad things to stay on top in Glee.
      Everyone is “acting like Quinn’s horrible behaviour never happened” because she is supposed to have learnt a lesson. But according to the latest eps, it seems like the writers are not going to keep the continuity of that for her character…

• Sally Applebottom says:

Rachel is a stuck up diva who doesn’t care about anyone and isn’t willing to share the spotlight with anyone else.

Quinn had learnt from her mistakes and tried to change for the better, unfortunately the writers are creating her into someone who is dangerously close to go back down the same road… *Tear*

49. H says:

I’m excited. I’m glad they’re not thrusting Finn and Rachel back together – small mercy – they were getting boring, this new angle will make their relationship interesting…and I’m not even a fan.

But come on, I’d like to see more of…anyone else, right now. Mercedes preferably. Give her a scene that isn’t about falling in love with a gay guy, or replacing said gay guy who became her best friend, with food.

50. C says:

So bored with the main couples. Give me some more of the other characters, Artie/Britanny/Santana and Tina/Mike. Just anything different, please. They are all spicy characters that could use more storyline. Ryan Murphy, don’t let me down! :)