Supernatural Scoop: Memphis Man Is Sam Colt!

Supernatural‘s oft-referred-to-but-never-seen Samuel Colt finally has a face.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Memphis Beat detective Sam Hennings has been cast as the legendary hunter. Sam and Dean come face-to-face with the man behind the Colt revolver when they travel back to the Old West later this season.

“He’s an iconic character for the show, and has been since season one,” explains exec producer Sera Gamble. “We’ll be meeting him later in his life, after many years of fighting demons and tinkering with magical weapons and Devil’s Gates and such. Time hasn’t been too kind to the guy — which is pretty par for the course, for a hunter.”

Thoughts? When you pictured Samuel Colt is it Hennings’ face that you saw? Hit the comments!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Melissa says:

I’m not familiar with his work, but he definitely has that gristled look.

2. cassi says:

Great choice! I can’T wait for the western episode!

3. Dadeums says:

I think he’ll be perfect for the role. He definitely looks the part!

4. Jones19 says:

Wow looks pretty much what I imagined. Gonna be a good episode!

5. Robyn Facchiano says:

No, he is not whom I pictured as Samuel Colt. I thought they would go with the same man that we see in Dean’s flashback episode from Season 4 Episode 3..”In the Beginning”.

6. Kathy says:

Works for me! He definitely has the look. I can’t wait for this episode!

7. PVC says:

The show is written by hacks who have to put their politics into a non-political show. how about this it turns out the most eveil demons are in our govt and its Pelosi and Obama and Clinton. Oh wait only republicans are evil. thats why I stopped supporting these hack loosers

8. Candace says:

9. TJCRinc says:

To be honest, i saw clint eastwood. or jeff bridges. hennings was my 3rd choice though.

10. Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Great casting.

11. Jaimie says:

My ultimate choice would have been Sam Elliott, but I know that would have been damn near impossible. However, I think Sam is an excellent choice! I love him on Memphis Beat as well. I’m looking foward to seeing him on SPN.

12. Mikaylah says:

I honestly thought the Colt was much older, as in the maker was dead. But this actor does have a nice rough look I would expect from a man who has been hunting as long as he has. I expect very good things from this episode.

13. Courtney says:

When they say Samuel Colt, I always think of the guy from Ghost Rider, the one who played Caretaker.

14. GimplyGump says:

I always pictured Tom Skerritt in the role. I’m not familiar with Sam Hennings, so I’ll hold off on my opinion until after I ewsatch the episode

15. Joe B. says:

Oh, this is a very different Samuel Colt than I thought. Never mind.

16. Marc says:

Sam Colt is dead, this is obviously another time travel episode. Also, I don’t remember Sam Colt being in “In The Beginning,” I thought it was just someone who had the colt.

17. Lugilla Brown says:

Bill Mckinney would have been the perfect choice. He played Lobo in Alias Smith and Jones and I don’t think there has ever been a western since without him.

This a man who has westerns in his soul and it’s Supernatural’s loss.

18. Kay says:

Its perfect casting! Can’t wait see the episode!

19. Biggdogg says:

Not bad, but IMO Muse Watson would have fit the character and show perfectly.

20. Melody says:

I don’t know who I saw as Colt, but he’s a great actor and I’m sure he’ll do great. I’m totally excited for the episode because Colt is such a big part of the show. Oh and the episode tonight was GREAT!! Yet I have to ask, why do they still insist on lying to each other? At least Sam came out with everything at the end. Dean, won’t you ever learn?

21. Chris says:

I know they don’t have the budget for him but I always thought of Sam Elliot when colt was mentioned.

22. dongaf says:

i think he’s a good match for the show. we’ll see! give the man a chance before execution!

23. Michelle says:

Ithink they made a good choice for the character of Samuel Colt. I don’t know this actor but he looks like he could be a 1880s demon hunter. He’s kind of handsome too!

24. Gaviel says:

Samuel colt is based off the real man who invented the colt revolver. To be honest this actor looks nothing like the real man if you ask me but it could work and am sure the writers have a great story to pull off with him :) am guessing the boys will be going to the 1830’s