Exclusive: Cougar Town is Going to Hawaii!

Somewhere, there’s a resort in Hawaii stocking up on merlot. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Cougar Town has finalized a deal to shoot its second-season finale on location in the Aloha State!

On second thought, maybe all the resorts in Hawaii are stocking up on wine.

Anyway, no further details on the sure-to-be-intoxicating sweeps stunt are as yet available, but it seems pretty safe to say that the CDS Crew will be going on a little family vacation. (Do they do anything alone?) Perhaps the jaunt is to celebrate Travis successfully completing his freshman year of college? Jules and Grayson getting engaged? Laurie… well, just being Laurie?

Whatever the reason, it’s becoming something of a tradition for ABC to send its comedies to Hawaii. Last year, you’ll recall, Modern Family shot an episode in Maui. Frankly, though, with Cougar Town off the air for the next (gasp! shudder!) 10 weeks (in a — sob! — row!), I think we deserve the trip, don’t we?

Thoughts? Lei it on the line below…

1. George says:

If this is the season premiere, don’t you mean the “third” season. :)

2. Mac says:

Well, that would be quite a trick, since its second season premiere already aired in September of last year.

3. lefty says:

I hope Grayson and Jules don’t get engaged…it feels too soon? I won’t like the dynamic. Hopefully it’s just for Baby Stan’s birthday or to cheer Bobby up or something…

4. Jones19 says:

Oh cool! I love Resort-Jules.

5. Media Ho says:

I think ABC started its tradition when The Brady Bunch went Hawaiian!

6. AmberS says:

Ten weeks!? Good grief!! They will be missed.

7. Liza says:

I’m so going to miss the show but seeing them in Hawaii will be fun. I doubt Grayson and Jules will get engaged. My guess is either Bobby has a golf tournament or the bald guy wins a trip through work. I met Josh Hopkins once at Bar Marmont and he was so nice.

8. Agustin says:

I refuse to watch Chandler Bing´s new comedy. It is always ABC tradition to mess up with good shows by imposing new shows… ARRGGHH! I´m done with A-B-C!

9. JenH says:

EW is reporting Lou Diamond Phillips will be guesting as himself in the first episode back as one of Grayson’s customers but not as a patron of the bar. Intriguing…

ABC’s biggest series to go to Hawaii: LOST!

10. PJM says:

Celebrate Travis finishing freshman year of college? Hell, I considered it a good thing I wasn’t thrown out of my house after finishing freshman year in college.

11. Mary says:

I thought Cougar Town was supposed to have a cliffhanger concerning Travis last week…anyone know what happened.

• tigersmurfette says:

was pushed back to the first episode back because of the state of the union address a couple of weeks back that preempted an episode.

12. Sweet says:

Due to Lost, ABC probably has use or lose and other filming contracts in place with Hawaii businesses and maybe even the state government. My job does the same thing. They try to send everybody to hotels and travel sites based on where they’ve got rooms contracted, etc.

13. jan says:

ABC preempted one episode of Cougar Town a few weeks ago, so the episode with the cliffhanger was moved to April 18.

But I’m very excited about this trip. Last season finale was an “okay” episode, but this one will be amazing!

14. Ash says:

I know that this would be a really cliche cliffhanger for Travis but please please please let it be that Trav knocked up his girlfriend. Grandma Jules would be too funny. Plus they don’t really show babies on this show so it could be used for jokes without being seen.

15. Luke Osman says:

LOVES it! Cougar Town in Hawaii can only mean awesome things! I have a feeling that CT’s the sort of show that could easily pull off a film in years to come.

16. Teresa says:

I hope Jules’s hair puffs up. : )

17. jane says:

I just don’t get why they pause the season for Perry’s new show only to come back for a finale, why didn’t they just end the season and then start his? I’m really bummed, Cougar Town is one of the few shows my husband and I both enjoy :(

18. liltroublehp says:

19. Bob says:

I hope they can get the Penny Can past the TSA…

20. Candice Gunn says:

10 weeks can’t go by fast enough. This new show sucks- no competition for Cougar Town.

21. Tariq says:

For a minute me and the wife considered banning ABC. Now we know that they have not cancelled CT, we are a little bit better. BUT 10 weeks!! That’s nuts. We miss our wednesday night line up with our bottle of wine. This other show could not permanenly replace CT or the CDS crew.

22. paige says:

PLEASE KEEP THE SHOW ON!!!!!!! This is my laughing time love all the actors!!!! Use to love watching wednesday nights i miss them being on…..

23. Monica says:

Cougar Town is a great feel good show. Its temporary replacement would be fine if it had its OWN timeslot! Glad to hear that CT isn’t cancelled, but seriously ABC, you are already on my list for stinking up the airwaves with your voting disaster on Dancing With The Stars, DON’T PISS ME OFF ANY FURTHER!

24. Traci says:

The two new shows on Wed night are awful…especially Better with you or whatever it is called…not funny, bad acting, terrible plots….it is just dumb. Drop that dud and bring back Cougar Town if you insist on keeping Mr. Sunshine.

• mike says:

Wrong! Both are good shows. I love cougar town. I’m not saying replace it. the other shows grew on me, and they would on all of you if you gave them a chance instead of jumping off the ledge because CT is on hiatus. I agree it was stupid for abc to stop in middle, they should have finished up and then ran mr. sunshine. I guess they want to save the best they have for sweeps.

25. angie says:

Whats up with the new show mr.sunshine don’t really like it it hasn’t grasp my attention in anyway I don’t see the point of it or the message its tryna give……bring back cougar town n have it to stay well at least till travis graduates

26. putch says:

Why did you take off Cougar Town?..Mr.Sunshine..r u kidding me….NOT a good choice!!

• Judy says:

I agree, bring back Cougar Town, I don’t watch alot of TV but I always set aside time for Cougar Town each Wed. evening. So sad, just the medicine I needed at the end of the day!

27. Erica says:

Keep Cougar Town!!!!

28. stacy says:

Abc u need to get it together.taking off this show is foolish. There are no good shows on that’s not a reality show these days. The writers are genius. And btw next time u take a show off tell the viewers cuz that’s just sucky..I don’t appreciate it…

29. Nice site, very informative…thanks for sharing!!!

30. sandy says:

Cougar town was so f…ing funny and it was replaced with that stupid show with Chandler Bing. What are you people thinking? Are you guys at ABC stupid or what?

31. Kitchy says:

PLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZ bring back Cougar Town. Finally an awesome NON-REALITY show that my hubby and I can sit down together and crack up histarically. The casting and the writers are GENIOUS! We get to watch ourselves and our friends on TV every night. We would totally be a part of the cul-de-sac crew! lol

32. Lydia coelho says:

I miss CoougerTown so much!!! Why is it NOT on??? Ugh! They shouldn’t take a show off just to test another!! Bad programming dammit!! When’s it coming back on?

33. L.G Schollenberger says:

bring Back cougar town.It’s bad enough we have to put up with a f ull hour of “tha middle”and it’s boring story lines.Mathew Perry is just as boring.

34. Robbnar says:

The only thing that will be a Happy Ending to this Mr. Sunshine era is to bring back Cougar Town!!! It was nice to actually have an hour of intelligently written comedy, an escape from 2 1/2 Men drivel…

35. John P. says:

ABC forgets without the viewers they would not be in business they really should bring back cougartown

36. meloney says:

please bring back Cougar Town!! it was really funny and the whole family enjoyed watching it!!!