Gossip Girl without Chuck Bass is like a world without sunshine and rainbows and…a handsome, husky-voiced young adult in dashing three-piece suits! But unfortunately, this is world Ed Westwick might be ready to see.
Westwick reportedly told Tatler in a recent interview that he’s ready to depart the CW staple. “It’s all about the work, you know,” said the star. “The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that’s what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning — I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I’m ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else.”
Alarming, sure, but for now we’ll just file this under the ‘Oops, I’ve Mouthed Off about How Long I’ll Remain on Gossip Girl‘ category — Leighton Messter is familiar, too.
Ready for more TV news? Well…
• Kevin Williamson has put his Vampire Diaries’ companion piece on the back-burner (for now) and joined The CW’s Secret Circle pilot, per Deadline. Circle was developed from a novel by the same name, which was also written by the same author as the TVD books. Williamson will act as writer and executive producer on the new series.
• Once upon a time, Jennifer Aniston was thisclose to becoming a cast member on Saturday Night Live. Can you imagine?! While on The Oprah Winfrey Show with Adam Sandler this week, the starlet revealed that she turned down an SNL offer because “it was a boys’ club.” Shortly thereafter, she landed the part of Rachel Green on Friends. Not too shabby, Aniston.
• Top Chef Just Desserts has been renewed for a second season — who’da thunk it? And starting February 27, Bravo will be hosting open casting calls for this series, and Top Chef season nine, so get those cooking utensils ready.
• Veteran actor Donald Sutherland and Lord of the Rings’ Elijah Wood will star in Syfy’s Treasure Island, says The Hollywood Reporter. The two-part telepic is set to premiere in early 2012.
• Futurama has not officially been renewed for another season, but per Vulture, a deal for more episodes with 20th Century Fox TV is close.
• Zombieland‘s Amber Heard is in talks to star in NBC’s drama pilot, Playboy, Deadline reports.
• The Hellcats are not OK with the Super Bowl excluding cheerleaders, and AOL’s TV Squad has their adorable PSA to prove it.
• Bravo! The Real Housewives of Miami, the network’s latest installment of the televised lives of drama-filled married gals, premieres Tuesday, February 22 at 10pm.
• In the market for a new Macbook Air? Head to our sister site, MovieLine.com and enter their awesome Oscars contest! Ready, set, go!
What is your favorite Line Item of the day? Let us know!