TVLine Items: Westwick Weary Of Gossip, Aniston's SNL Gig, and Other TV News to Know

Gossip Girl without Chuck Bass is like a world without sunshine and rainbows and…a handsome, husky-voiced young adult in dashing three-piece suits! But unfortunately, this is world Ed Westwick might be ready to see.

Westwick reportedly told Tatler in a recent interview that he’s ready to depart the CW staple. “It’s all about the work, you know,” said the star. “The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that’s what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning — I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I’m ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else.”

Alarming, sure, but for now we’ll just file this under the ‘Oops, I’ve Mouthed Off about How Long I’ll Remain on Gossip Girl‘ category — Leighton Messter is familiar, too.

Ready for more TV news? Well…

• Kevin Williamson has put his Vampire Diaries’ companion piece on the back-burner (for now) and joined The CW’s Secret Circle pilot, per Deadline. Circle was developed from a novel by the same name, which was also written by the same author as the TVD books. Williamson will act as writer and executive producer on the new series.

• Once upon a time, Jennifer Aniston was thisclose to becoming a cast member on Saturday Night Live. Can you imagine?! While on The Oprah Winfrey Show with Adam Sandler this week, the starlet revealed that she turned down an SNL offer because “it was a boys’ club.” Shortly thereafter, she landed the part of Rachel Green on Friends. Not too shabby, Aniston.

Top Chef Just Desserts has been renewed for a second season — who’da thunk it? And starting February 27, Bravo will be hosting open casting calls for this series, and Top Chef season nine, so get those cooking utensils ready.

• Veteran actor Donald Sutherland and Lord of the Rings’ Elijah Wood will star in Syfy’s Treasure Island, says The Hollywood Reporter. The two-part telepic is set to premiere in early 2012.

Futurama has not officially been renewed for another season, but per Vulture, a deal for more episodes with 20th Century Fox TV is close.

Zombieland‘s Amber Heard is in talks to star in NBC’s drama pilot, Playboy, Deadline reports.

• The Hellcats are not OK with the Super Bowl excluding cheerleaders, and AOL’s TV Squad has their adorable PSA to prove it.

• Bravo! The Real Housewives of Miami, the network’s latest installment of the televised lives of drama-filled married gals, premieres Tuesday, February 22 at 10pm.

• In the market for a new Macbook Air? Head to our sister site, MovieLine.com and enter their awesome Oscars contest! Ready, set, go!

What is your favorite Line Item of the day? Let us know!

Comments (20)

• Are you serious, the world is diferent because of Chuck Bass, and GG WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT HIM!!

Comment by Lore – February 3, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Without Blair and Chuck, GG is nothing. Lively is beautiful but overrated as heck, literally any other blonde chick could fill Serena’s Manolos and the show wouldn’t miss a beat.

Comment by ana – February 3, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree… but I can also see how Ed is bored with it..

Comment by maj – February 3, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck Bass is the only compelling reason to watch GG. It’s insufferable, mainly, although I AM living the Dan/Blair rapport.

Comment by Silveryj – February 3, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t even begin to imagine what Gossip Girl would be without Chuck Bass.. Who would Blair conspire with? D:

Comment by Olivia – February 3, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the Hellcats PSA! Too funny!

As much as I love Gossip Girl, I am a bit tired of Chuck. He has never really been a favorite of mine. That said, it would be weird without him.

Comment by ErixN – February 3, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I feel the same. I feel like he just doesn’t change or grow anymore, there’s nothing new from him. Although I do love the Chuck-Lily interactions, they should do more of that rather than the constant Blair/not Blair shenanigans.

Comment by Patrick – February 3, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do like the Chuck and Lily scenes and also find the “Chair” back and forth ridiculous now. I am ready for Chuck to become a man and take charge. He needs to quit with the childish games.

Comment by ErixN – February 3, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Futurama is picked up from Fox. It’s the best show ever had has a huge following.

Comment by melissa – February 3, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I’m not surprised. You can kind of see it in his eyes as he’s playing Chuck, lately. It’ll be sad, but maybe he’ll come back on a somewhat recurring status? Because he’s become a much major player on the show than he ever was in the books, and it’ll be bizarre to just have him gone.

Comment by Summer – February 3, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m extremely pleased that The Secret Circle is being made into a pilot. It was my favorite trilogy as a teen and remains a favorite series to this day.

Comment by Amy blackthorn – February 3, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh No way will GG work without having Chuck there. I love Chuck and also love CB! Maybe they should just end the show after 1 more season if Ed and the others feel this way ? yeah.

Comment by Samantha – February 3, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Secret Circle!!!!!!!!! Those were my favorite LJ Smith books! OMG I am so excited!

Comment by filaw – February 3, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without Chuck, I am not sure how long I’d stick around the Upper East Side. I’d rather see them get rid of Serena! I’ve had enough of that whiny, selfish, codependent character!

Comment by Samantha – February 3, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can totally understand where he’s coming from. Chuck used to be the best thing about Gossip Girl, but his storyline this week bored me to tears. I’m glad he’ll leaving soon and going on to a successful career. I wish he was playing Heathcliff still, he would have been great. I think the writers need to just end it at the end of this season, or the next (when are they contracted to?) with the end of the original cast members. It’s not as good as it was in the first two seasons and it seems like the writers and the cast aren’t even trying anymore.

Comment by Lauren – February 3, 2011 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The thing is, though, that they already have an out. They can easily end these characters’ storylines by the time that their contracts are up, and then introduce the Carlyles, who are in the second series of Gossip Girl books.

Comment by Summer – February 4, 2011 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope if Westwick and Meester decide to leave GG, it can be with a happy ending for Chuck and Blair … frightening, I know. Honestly they are the most compelling characters on GG, and I attribute that largely to the acting of Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester.

Comment by jackson – February 4, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck&Blair are the WHOLE show!!! I understand EW & LM’s frustrations lately. Their characters’ behaviors make NO sense!!! Chuck&Blair are lost without each other. We need CB back ASAP!!! And, when EW & LM decide to leave, GG definitely needs to give Chuck&Blair a true HAPPY ending in EVERY way!!!!

Comment by Leigh – February 7, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The search on yourpage doesn’t work for me.

Comment by watch mike and molly online – February 8, 2011 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GG started sucking in s3 and Blake Lively cannot act.

Comment by lorna – February 8, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post