Premieres Set for Criminal Intent, In Plain Sight

Are you ready to begin to say goodbye to Detectives Goren and Eames? I ask because USA Network has announced the premiere date for the 10th and final season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

With Vincent D’Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe back on duty for the final, eight-episode run, L&O: CI will return to your screens on Sunday, May 1, at 9/8c.

Exclusive: In Plain Sight Eyes Dreams Girl Rachel Boston

That same night, at 10/9c, In Plain Sight (starring Mary McCormack) will uncork its fourth season, which this time around will be under the command of new showrunners/longtime collaborators Ed Decter and John Strauss.

Which of these USA premieres are you most looking forward to?

• Anna says:

I have been waiting a long time for CI to return. The shows were excellent until they started making Goren look stupid. He is too smart of a cop to be playing stupid because last year was suppose to be the shows finale. If this is the last year lets not rush the script and let him leave with dignity.

Big time fan

1. Linda says:

Have never watched Criminal Intent. I have found the L & O franchise too boring for me. On the other hand, In Plain Sight is one of my favorite shows and I can’t wait for the new season!!

• Chrishy says:

I will be so sad to see Goren and Eames go. Too bad it isn’t In Plain Sights last year. I would really hate to be in their Witness Protect, cuz they are always found!!

• shari says:

We WANT Criminal Intent to continue.
        We waited SO LONG for it to come back. It is like a tease (a good one) to get just a few episodes.
        Why can’t it continue????

2. Jennifer says:

In Plain Sight

3. Thata says:

In Plain Sight, obviously.
    I can’t wait to see Marshall and Mary interaction.

4. Andrea hill says:

In Plain Site. Can’t wait for it to come back on.

5. vjw says:

Any word on Covert Affairs?

6. William Howell says:

I’m glad LAO-CI is bringing Bobby and Eames back to finish off the series.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen In Plain Sight, that I’ve forgotten all about it.

• H says:

I remember when jeff goldblum came on the series, Goren was fired and katherine was offered the captains job and then quit after firing Goren. Am I correct or do I have a faulty memory.

7. Sam says:

Both! L&O: CI with Goren and Eames? Count me in!! I have been waiting for this since they left last year. I am also excited about IPS. Can’t wait to see where they take the stories. Sundays will be my favorite night starting in May.

• Barbara says:

I am so happy Law and Order CI is returning! One of my favorite shows!!!! It can go for a couple more seasons if the execs open their eyes and see what a great program they have with this cast. You just have to love Goran and Eames, They are the BEST! I am still wondering what idiot had the bright idea to change the cast????

8. SAM says:

In Plain Sight – but I’m hoping that Brandi will disappear into the Witness Protection Program so that I never see that talentless actress again.

9. Bella says:

In Plain Sight, for sure. I love Mary and Marshall, especially now that they’ve lightened Mary up a little.

10. Allison N says:

Ahhh I am soo excited for In Plain Sight to return!

11. Patti says:

I can’t wait for Criminal Intent to come back. Just wish it wasn’t the final episodes. Sure have missed Det.Goren

12. Nick says:

I LOVE In Plain Sight! The fact that it is coming back in my birthday month is a great present from USA.

13. Rob J. says:

In Plain Sight. I’m hoping that the new showrunners sustain the impressive reboot of the show by former showrunner John McNamara last season.

14. Vader says:

I like both shows but absolutely can’t stand Goren and Eames. The show was so much better without them.

• Doug-H says:

Obviously not a fan of CI if can you honestly say that this past season with Goldblum was better than the seasons of Goren and Eames… Why do you care otherwise??? Only 8 episodes so if they run them weekly will get it through mid June… I’ll be curious how they explain how the characters will be back.. Will they keep last season’s characters other than Goldblum around??? For fans of the original series, this is a bonus treat after we all thought the show was over..

15. David says:

So excited about CI coming back properly! I tried hard to like the Goldblum character but he just didn’t work on the show. It got to the point where I would only watch the alternating week with Goren and Earnes. Last season’s premiere really was more like a finale for the two lead characters and it’s awesome they are bringing them back.

16. Mike says:

Very excited about both shows….Will you now be providing a list of premier dates for spring/summer shows?

Mike

17. Mary says:

Sooooo excited for IPS to come back. I think it’s great that they’re moving it back to Sunday nights.

18. Lisa says:

Very excited for In Plain Sight to return!

19. Joyce says:

In Plain Sight!… It´s the best!, love the show.

20. Sarah says:

In Plain Sight! I can’t wait, I’m so happy Josh Malina will be on again this season.

21. Rick says:

Hey Matt can you get some ‘L&O: CI’ scoop for us, like I heard the spinoff is ‘Law & Order: Miami’ (a comedic/serious drama following the style of ‘NCIS’)? Please respond Matt!

• Esaul says:

That’s just a rumor started by someone from the USA Network community. That’s all it is at the moment.

• Mike says:

Crazier things have happened lately in the ‘L&O’ franchise – Dick Wolf is trying to keep his fanbases going. I won’t be surprised in the slightest if this becomes more than speculation.

The pilot deal is supposedly (as it was mentioned) a wheel for star Vincent D’Onofrio. IDK if it’s the Goren character or he’s about to pursue a carrer in writing/producing (it’d be nice if he would).

22. Monie says:

Definitely can’t wait for In Plain Sight!! USA network needs more exposure of their quality dramas. Love Mary and Marshall. NBC tried with their carbon copy Chase, but failed miserably.

23. Ashley says:

In Plain Sight! Marshall and Mary’s interactions are gold.

24. sunnydays says:

Excited about both…I hated how CI ended and Goren & Eames are my favs. IPS is awesome and I hope we see less of Mary’s new bf, though…and more of her and Marshall :)

25. tazzy says:

Can’t wait for In Plain Sight.

26. B. Ersckoff says:

Glad to hear that both Law & Order: Criminal Intent and In Plain Sight are coming back. Wish Criminal Intent would come back for more than one more season though. And hope In Plain Sight will be back for more than just two seasons. I think producers are expecting way too much when it comes to viewer ratings. More concern should be given to the quality of the show and the quality of the viewers who watch it. More people in the world like junk food over healthy food. Does that mean you then automatically endorse the opening of more junk food places and close down most of the health food places?

Sad.

27. sunny says:

I do not want Criminal Intent to ever end. If it must end, please find another show for Goren and Erbe.

28. JoAnna says:

I’m a fan of both shows each has it’s special hook,to have the acquiring taste of Bobby and the bright faithful partner to end the run is a greatfull move for us.Will miss them.

29. joel says:

Goren and eames, are the best. Goren is a special actor very very talented

30. andel11 says:

After reading I seen Goren and Eames are only going to be on the final show, BOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO, I thought this was going to be the start of them coming back for the new season. What is wrong with these people don’t they see these 2 were the best Criminial Intent every showcased. I say keep them going for another season afters.

31. Bernie says:

I’ll take another season for sure, BUT I want more!

32. carmen diana says:

I am dying to see In Plain Sight, my favorite show. Today is MArch 22-11. When are they coming back, does anybody knows?

33. Carol says:

Happy for both. I haven’t watched CI since they changed the cast. I love IPS, but the sister has to go. That actress almost ruins the show. If the two leads weren’t so awesome, I would have turned it off a long time ago.

34. Yvonne Goyette says:

I am very excited to hear that you two are returning to television, even though it is your last season. I wish you two well on your up comming projects whatever they may be.