MTV Confirms Beavis and Butt-Head's Return, Sets Premiere Date for Teen Wolf

Heh, you know what would be cool? If Beavis and Butt-Head, after more than 13 years off the air, made a comeback.

MTV confirmed months of rumors along those lines at its Tuesday upfront presentation, announcing that the animated, music-video mocking potty mouths will return in a rebooted series premiering… well, the network didn’t get into specifics. Yet. I just wanna know who’s gonna break it to the boys that no one, and certainly barely MTV, airs music videos anymore.

Jersey Shore Will Invade Italy for Season 4

Cable’s halfway house for teen moms and Jersey Shore screw-ups did, however, set a premiere date for one of its other new projects. Teen Wolf, which can best be described as a darker, lacrosse-playing revamp of the Michael J. Fox/Jason Bateman movies, will launch on June 5, following the MTV Movie Awards.

Pauly D Scores Jersey Shore Spinoff

MTV’s Teen Wolf stars Tyler Posey (Lincoln Heights) and newcomer Dylan O’Brien and the lycanthropian Scott McCall and his best bud Stiles, while Tyler Hoechlin (7th Heaven) is the boys’ antagonist, Derek.

Comments (11)

• A better old MTV cartoon to come back would be Daria! I’d love to see a Daria reboot!

Comment by Ishy – February 3, 2011 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO NO! GOD FORBID THAT SHOW!!! IT MADE ME ALL PARANOID AND WE DO NOT, WE DO NOT WANT DARIA BACK ON TV, GOD FORBID IT!!!

Comment by Norman – July 2, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Beavis and Butthead to be back!

Comment by CC – February 3, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray for B&B, horrendous fail on Teen Wolf TV (Wolfing-out making 5’3″ Michael J. Fox NBA-caliber at basketball was the key ingredient to hilarity). Oh, and I know not of this Jason Bateman version you speak of. #TeenWolfTooNeverHappened

Comment by Luke – February 3, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m dying to see how Beavis and Butthead react to the current state of rock and pop. How would the guys feel about emo? Bieber?!

Comment by John – February 3, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they’d just bring Daria back instead!~

Comment by boidiva02 – February 3, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um… No. Beavis & Butt-head have ALWAYS been 100 time better than Daria ever was.

Comment by trixen – June 28, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, God forbid it. It made me all paranoid and I do not want that Show Daria on the air ever again because It made me all paranoid. In fact, they should’ve not made that show in the first place so we don’t suffer paranoia!!!

Comment by Norman – July 2, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No way bunghole Diarrhea sucks it sucks!
    Bring back Beavis and Butthead full steam
    ahead, fire the cannons at Beavis and Butthead
    haters let the streets flow with blood of unbelievers!

I AM CORN HOLIO WUAAAAAAH I NEED TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE!!!
    YOU HAVE AWAKENED MY BUNGHOLE AND NOW YOU MUST PAY!!!!

Comment by Shock2k11 – May 29, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s awesome but I wish I knew exactly when it’ll air. I remember so many hilarious memories from the show- especially how Tom Anderson was like an exact replica of Hank Hill in every possible way.

Comment by Sammy T. – June 13, 2011 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they need to look into bringing daria back. but i am also excited to see that beavis and butthead are back too.

Comment by Avery V – June 25, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post