Exclusive

Exclusive: Scrubs' Dr. Cox Gets Lucky

Scrubs fans are in luck: John C. McGinley is headed back to the tube.

The erstwhile Dr. Cox has landed a recurring role in Luck, HBO’s upcoming horse racing drama from David Milch and Michael Mann and starring Dustin Hoffman. The highly anticipated series promises to take viewers inside the provocative world of horse racing, with a specific spotlight cast on the owners, gamblers, jockeys and diverse gaming industry players.

McGinley will play a genial swindler working in cahoots with his daughter.

Luck is slated to premiere in late 2011 or early 2012.

1. Looking forward to seeing McGinley back on television.

2. amy says:

As much as I love this actor, there is no power on earth that could get me to watch a whole show about horse racing.

• meliot says:

I disagree with you Amy. Horse racing is NOT just about watching the horses on the track. I’m sure there will be lots of back-room shenanigans, and stories about the jockeys and what they go through as well. I think it’s going to be very interesting and dramatic.

3. Darth Clavie says:

Wow, that sounds so boring I almost fell asleep while reading about it.

4. Michael says:

Series creator is David Milch. That’s all the “power on earth” that is needed.

5. oda says:

i was really hoping to see him make an appearance on Cougar Town. he could have been one of ellie’s ex-boyfriends.

6. Angie Quidim says:

Its good to see him just branch out and get roles in general and still with big names. John doesnt need to go back and do just comedy sitcoms. I do enjoy his performance as Dr. Cox but I also liked his other parts even “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil”.

7. Can i just say although a little late I watched this and it was very intriging, with a great finish, well worth the watching…