Blind Item: Who's Got a Secret Spouse?

If it seems like everyone is hiding something on TV these days it’s because, well, they are. But one character is keeping a secret so ginormous that even the most jaded tube addict will find himself or herself doing a Diet Raspberry Snapple spit-take.

In a nutshell, a major player on a hit series that TVLine readers are obsessed with is married. Big whoop, right? Wrong. Turns out this certain someone neglected to mention this to his/her friends, colleagues or past/present significant other(s). And when the secret comes to light — and it will come to light later this season — the ensuing scandal will have a potentially crippling impact on this character’s personal and professional lives.

The best part? This is far from some gimmicky ratings-grabbing stunt. Once longtime fans of the show pick their jaws up off the floor, they will realize that the twist makes perfect sense story-wise.

So who’s the character that is otherwise betrothed? Submit your best guesses in the comments section!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. David says:

House’s Wilson?

• b says:

I could see that – one of his divorces didn’t actually go through. Although I don’t think it would have much of an impact on anything at this point. I was thinking House or Cuddy, personally.

• Cheery says:

Not Cuddy, a couple episodes ago House dug up that she had a quickie marriage 20 years ago which lasted only 6 days. If she was STILL married to the guy that would have come up.

• Pippa says:

But we know that Wilson has been married 3+ times already!

• Anna says:

Thirteen from House, definitely.

• jonathan says:

13-exactly what i was thinking!!!

• jasiska says:

It’s totally Thirteen. She’s all mysterious and never talks about herself, she vanished for som time without an explanation – this could be it. Plus House has been around for quite some time, so it has “obsessed long-time fans”.

• Saulo says:

It’s Barney (How I Met Your Mother). I bet he is married with children!

• Jeanne says:

AHHH no!! Barney MUST marry Robin. <3
        Plus I doubt it because a new love interest for him is being introduced, and given the scoop from Entertainment Weekly, it's pretty clear it's someone he doesn't already know.

• LoopyChew says:

They already did that last year. Why would Barney hire a woman and kid to play his wife and son if he was already married with children?

2. hello says:

Lois Lane

3. nicolas says:

Di Nozzo ?

4. WhizGidget says:

OMG, please don’t tell me it’s House or Brennan. Please.

5. Lesley says:

Emma Pillsbury GLEE

6. Brian says:

Chloe Sullivan.

7. Kira says:

Castle’s Becektt????

• fairienote says:

Not. Even. Funny! Beckett better NOT be married! Doubt that they would kill her professional career this early. Been too many close calls with her moms case anyways. “the ensuing scandal will have a potentially crippling impact on this character’s personal and professional lives.”

• Jennifer says:

In the first season of Castle, Castle asks Beckett if she’s ever been married and she said no. She said she was a “one and done” kind of girl. So it really wouldn’t make sense to suddenly change that part of her history.

• Mikos says:

While I dislike force retconning in a show, people say things all the time. Plus if you’re hiding a marriage part of that would be not telling people.

Of course I don’t think for a microsecond that it’s Beckett. Jes sayin :-)

8. Chris says:

Sarah on Chuck?

9. FH14 says:

Someone from Grey’s Anatomy or Private Practice probably.

10. Ed says:

Grayson on Cougar Town. His divorce was never finalized.

11. Karen says:

I think it’s House himself. The guy has spent years running away from any kind of committment, so it will be really interesting to find out he actually has been married for 20 years.

12. Will says:

I think it´s Lilly from Gossip Girl!

13. Mary says:

Hannah on Bones?

• Jayme says:

major player? I don’t think so, she’s only been on like 7 or 8 episodes.

• Dante says:

“major player” doesn’t have to be defined as being on the show a lot or for a long time.

Hannah, in my mind, qualifies because her presence has had a major impact on the dynamics between the characters.

Besides, honestly I just want her gone!

• notErin says:

I don’t think it’s someone from Bones. They already did the whole marriage thing before not remembering thing.

• nikki says:

Its got to be either Hannah, and we find out when Booth proposes, or is about to. OR and this would be bad. It might be Bones, and that could be what the spoilers have meant about the big things that come from the elevator episode thats to come this season. Perhaps b&b get to talking while stuck and bones lets it come to light that shes married. hince her other reason for shutting out anything that could be a ‘relationship’. It fits. and would make since in the big picture.

• English says:

I don’t think Hart Hanson would do that to his fans. He knows they are very loyal and VERY out spoken. Lots of people would be very unhappy with him. Besides Brennan finds marriage “ludicrous”, to use her words.

14. Sarah says:

Sarah on Chuck?

15. Snoop says:

I’m going for Tony/NCIS… Not sure how that makes sense story-wise, but, that’s my choice for now. If I come up with something better, I’ll correct my choice.

16. Josh Golden says:

Has to be Chloe and Oliver on Smallville. I feel like it’s very possible that they would’ve taken this step without telling the others. Lois could very well be the ex-lover referred to here. Plus don’t forget, there’s supposed to be some huge Chloe/Oliver moment later this season. Hmmm…

• Gabriela says:

“Turns out this certain someone neglected to mention this to his/her friends, colleagues or past/present significant other(s)” Is not Chloe and Oliver, Chloe is “present significant other” how you can hide being married to your significant other to your present significant other…is ILLOGICAL.

If it is Smallville which I doubt it’ll be it would be something like Dinah and Oliver are already married

• Brian says:

It makes more sense if it’s just Chloe. It’s not a ratings stunt because her return already is, it closes out her character without any massive death drama while giving her a place to go, it ends the Oliver/Chloe romance without it becoming a long-distance relationship with Oliver just on the phone with her every episode, and it eliminates “Chloe Sullivan” the name from popping back up in the Legion’s future if she takes her husband’s name.
      The huge Chloe/Oliver moment wasn’t necessarily a good one though. I think the ex-lover is Oliver, and Chloe’s gotten married while in hiding.

• Dante says:

Considering Chloe apparently had a hand in the funeral abduction and testing, hard to see how a secret marriage has more devastating consequences.

17. Trace says:

Kalinda…the good wife.

• TheGoodFan says:

• j says:

It’s so obviously Kalinda, and I don’t even watch the show.

• Gitano says:

I vote for this! Especially after this week’s reveal that Kalinda is [*Spoiler Alert*] not her real identity and that she faked her death to escape her past life. Said life includes a husband (or wife, I guess, in Kalinda’s case) who tracks her down.

• Cheery says:

Highly doubt it’s her. I love the Good Wife, but are TVline fans really OBSESSED with the show? Likewise, the show is only in it’s second season, it can’t have “longtime” fans yet.

Also, Kalinda doesn’t tell anybody ANYTHING about herself, so how could colleagues/employers be surprised that she “neglected to mention” this? We still don’t even know whether she’s lesbian or bisexual.

• xav says:

I thought Kalinda too but that wouldn’t really be a surprise, would it? If you’re going to go on and on about a ‘mystery past’ the obvious place to go is secret spouse so I’ve been assuming she has a husband somewhere.

18. Anusha says:

FRINGE- Peter fails to tell Olivia that he killed the shape-shifters. Our FauxOlivia doesn’t tell Peter that she is pregnant or something.

19. Elin says:

My guess is Robin on How I Met Your Mother. It would explain the “wedding” this season that Michael keeps hinting about (it could easily be a flashback). Also, it would explain how Robin can jump from job to job without ever having to worry about a work visa. I’m not sure how it would impact her professional life, though … so maybe it’s not it …

• Elin says:

Actually, if it turns out the marriage is a sham, it would hurt her professional life because she would have to get a work visa to legally stay in the country …

• Allie says:

Robin did have problems with a work visa once in the series already.

• JB says:

They had a whole episode about Robin’s work visa. That doesn’t make any sense. Her friends are AT the wedding in the flashback, so I wouldn’t call that a secret marriage.

• Pulpo says:

Robin already is an American Citizen. Barney prepared her to the exam

The safest bet would be Sarah on Chuck

• Pat says:

they already had an episode where Robin was about to get deported because she didn’t have a job. barney got her a new one right before she would’ve been deported, but she wouldn’t have had to worry if she was already married. it was “the possimpible” episode.

• Saracen Riggins says:

This doesn’t make sense also because doesn’t anyone else remember Robin Sparkles? Half the episode she had Ted convinced she was married at a mall in Canada and Marshall lawyered her. She was never married.

• Emily says:

Didn’t Robin decide to become a duel citizen last season? If she is she shouldn’t have work visa problems.

20. kari says:

hmmmm – based on a Tweet that you posted last night, could it be Barney on HIMYM?

• julesmn says:

My first thought after remembering the Tweet is that it’s Lilly. Can you imaging what THAT would do to Marshall? She was in France for awhile, so maybe it happened then.

• Linda says:

That was my first thought, too. A married Barney would definitely be a shocker.

• Meg says:

The tweet that Alyson Hannigan sent the MA was a response to his AA tweet saying she always hears it from him first (re: Nancy Travis being Barney’s step-mom). I don’t think it’s anything more than that.

However, Barney was one of the first characters that came to mind. He’s someone who is definitely against marriage. I just don’t know how it would effect his professional life.

• Amanda says:

I can’t imagine a secret like that interfering with Barney’s professional life.

• sonya says:

i dont think it would be barney because they had an episode where he had hired a fake wife and kid to play his family…

21. MisterG says:

Michael Scott.

22. amy says:

It’s somebody who is or was in a major relationship, I think, so not Wilson. They already did this on “Bones” once, with Angela, so they’re not going back there. I think they can’t have any more of that to pull out on “Grey’s Anatomy.” Although I could believe Olivia from “Fringe” not mentioning an estranged husband, there’s so much storyline going on over there that I can’t imagine it being that one, either. “Covert Affairs” I could also buy, but it’s not coming back until summer, aka next season rather than this one. Truly stumped!

23. Daisy says:

Ziva on NCIS? Or Arizona of Grey’s?

24. Alex says:

I am guess Hannah from Bones or Rob Lowe’s character from Parks and Recreation. Just the first two that came to mind.

25. Shawn says:

Sarah Walker on Chuck

• PJM says:

Nope. It would have to make sense for the character, and Sarah already being married after accepting Chuck’s proposal would make zero sense.

Now Casey, on the other hand…

26. Paul says:

Kalinda on “The Good Wife?”

27. Sourabh says:

Stuff people over here are obsessed with, where the people have colleagues. So it should probably be Bones or Grey’s Anatomy? Or House?

Okay I give up. I suck at these things.

28. Andrew says:

OMG!!! I can’t wait for everything to happen in these shows! They just keep getting better and better :D

29. Goku says:

Mark Sloan? No, it would be too cruel for him & Lexie ;).

30. Sarah says:

31. amy says:

Don’t think it’s House, they already made this reveal recently when House found out Cuddy’s been married before.

32. Laura says:

Olivia Benson from SVU?

33. Karen says:

Grissom and Sara on CSI

34. Thom says:

Hmmm Arizona on Grey’s Anatomy

35. Mary says:

Has to be DiNozzo. There’s a flashback episode back preseries towards the end of the season and they’ve hinted at a professional and personal meltdown setting the team at each others throats.

36. Dean and Lisa on Supernatural.

• sashay says:

I don’t see how this greatly impacts the show. Lisa is firmly in the background here, plus we don’t see any other love interests coming up. Definitely think that is a wrong guess.

37. Pedro says:

i bet on kalinda from the good wife!
    she has a major secret that’s gonna be unveiled later this season, so…it might as well be that she’s married to someone

38. Patrick says:

“… the twist makes perfect sense story-wise.”

Could this be a green-card marriage? So maybe a character who isn’t American … Luc from Brothers&Sisters?

39. Mursal says:

Kalinda from The Good Wife…that chick is hiding a lot of secrets.

40. ruby says:

it’s either kalinda the good wife oooooooooooooooor Jeff Winger community?!

41. JD says:

Ted, from HIMYM

42. ken says:

it is not smallville he said hit tv show that rules out smallville.

43. Ryan says:

Mona on who’s the boss

44. Betty says:

Criminal Minds supposed main theme this season is secrets, but i can’t imagine who has a asecret spouse. Maybe Garcia with the personal lives bit, Kevin might be shocked to learn she’s already married. Morgan could have married that sister of a victim, who just disappeared last season. Could have been Prentiss (if she didn’t have the whole impending doom thing) or Rossi could have a fourth wife :S

I don’t know though, CM’s secrets have been pretty poor so far this season (I still miss JJ, even if she is back for one episode) and it’s rare that these blind items are about CM but thats my input anyways!

• Jennifer says:

Prentiss on Criminal Minds makes sense – the mysterious Scottish guy that kept texting her in the episode where the crazy couple were on the killing spree (I might be behind, I’m catching up on DVR). It would be trouble in her professional life if it was a green card marriage – the FBI doesn’t appreciate their employees committing crimes.

• moonbaby27 says:

There are supposed to be some developments with her character later in the season. Hmmm….

• Jacki says:

Not a green card marriage at all. She got married quickly at a young age and didnt know the guy that well and then he turns out to be a psycho and now wants to kill her for leaving him. If they are really going to kill her off the show that makes perfect sense!

• Luca says:

Actually from what I have heard, before the BAU she was apparently working for Interpol and that’s where the crazy loon will come from that appears to kill her.

that said, we know from a past ep that she was knocked up and had an abortion as a teen and had some wild moments. I can believe her getting married seemingly out of no where. Perhaps she thought all this time that the guy was dead and that’s why she didn’t mention it. but he’ll turn up alive (and I suppose could be the crazy killer guy as well. that would be a kick in the pants)

• Kris says:

I love this idea. Everyone says paget’s final episode will be a tear may even surpass episode 100. I could see Emily being killed by her deranged hubby’s whom she help put away.

• diana says:

It might be her. Since they’re uncovering her life and she’s leaving the show, it kinda makes sense.
        Or Ziva with the guy she’s been with, that she doesn’t tell Tony about.
        Or, and this one is the most likely to happen, Catherine Willows and Detective Vartan. They’ve been in a relationship for quite a while now.

• Allyson says:

This was my thought too. Last episode really makes it seem likely.

• Luca says:

My vote is that it’s Rossi. Maybe he never actually had divorce number 3.

Or maybe Morgan and Garcia secretly got married and that’s why Kevin has been rather absent of late

45. Jeffrey says:

I think it’s Ginnifer Goodwin on Big Love. It would make perfect sense.

46. Lauren says:

I’m guessing Thirteen from “House”…could partially describe her absence…and why she wouldn’t sleep with Chase! ;)

47. VIGNES says:

i wish it was Eric and Calliegh from CSI MIAMI
    but they did break up in this season episode 02

but still wish it was Eric and Calliegh from CSI MIAMI

48. Ted says:

You can stop the guesses of Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville or Chuck. His clue says HIT series. Those are fan fave series. Although I lvoe a few of them they are not hits. Plus he said past/present. To me that rules out Hannah on Bones. She has no past on Bones.

49. Danny says:

Kalinda’s secret was already hinted last night and a marriage wouldn’t be a big deal on The Good Wife anyway.

50. Leonie1988 says:

I’ll go with NCIS!
    Ziva, McGee or Tony… or even Abby…

if it’s not NCIS… maybe Sheldon from Private Practice.

• Lexie says:

Hmmm… Abby would be really interesting! I’m guess NCIS too. But I hope it’s not Tony. Or Ziva. So basically McGee or Abby. Hopefully Abby.

• Sweet666 says:

If it’s NCIS you would probably have to eliminate McGee, Tony, Abby, Ducky because they all signed multi year contracts last year. Plus, last years finale was kind of Abby/Gibbs centric. Ziva would probably make the most sense, but Abby would be more shocking.

• John says:

I’m Betting it’s NCIS, either Gibbs/Abby or McGee/Abby, Tony/Ziva, or Gibbs/Ziva,

• Joshua says:

Definitely TIVA I have been sensing it since shortly after Paris,

• Bobbie says:

I am thinking~NCIS~ Maybe Tony and Ziva are already married? Maybe Vance has brought in this new agent and that is how it is uncovered.