Exclusive

90210 Exclusive: Oscar Nominee Sally Kellerman Cast as Annie's New Boss

There’s Oscar buzz swirling around 90210!

Actress Sally Kellerman — who snagged an Academy Award nomination in 1970 for her role as Major Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan in Robert Altman’s film version of MASH — is joining The CW soap for a multi-episode arc, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Kellerman will play Marla, a faded movie star-turned-hoarder who’s losing control of her Grey Gardens-esque existence. The low-budget Norma Desmond — who is showing signs of dementia — hires Annie (Shanae Grimes) to de-clutter her house.

I’m guessing there’s another layer to this story but I’ll be damned if I know what it is. Perhaps Annie will find a long-lost sibling buried beneath all the animal skeletons and empty soda cans? Got a better theory? Hit the comments!

1. Mae says:

I am only familiar with her work in Mash and Back To School but its nice to see that she is still finding work. A look at imdb will probably reveal even more to me.

2. Jacob says:

Man alive, that’s a terrible picture of Ms. Kellerman.

3. CHRIS says:

wow. what year did she die?

4. Miffy says:

My God – what gutter did they roll her out of?

5. Darius says:

Nicest. Comments. Ever.

6. Dirk says:

Maybe she has Annie and Naomi’s half-brother locked up in her dungeon.

7. dee123 says:

Is her family still having money problems? She will probably find something worth a lot of $$$ & will think about swiping it.

8. Nicole says:

They’ve got to get the characters on track for next year considering most if not all of them are seniors, so I would imagine maybe Annie will get an acting gig, or a recommendation to theater school or something out of the job.

Considering that it’s February, there has been not nearly enough mention of post-high school plans, so I assume the show will focus on that for the characters for the rest of the season. After this week’s episode I’m thinking that maybe Naomi will start some kind of shelter/charity or even buy a partnership stake in the yoga retreat in Ojai since they made such a big deal out of her spiritual growth there.

9. Ella says:

Eh. Who cares about Annie? She’s only the most annoying character on the show. Also, Kellerman looks like she should guest star on The Walking Dead in that picture, not 90210.

10. Ryan says:

I was just thinking that the writers/showrunners over at 90210 should bring back the storyline about Annie/Naomi’s half-brother. Although I doubt this storyline will have anything to do with that.