Exclusive

Scoop! Kathy Griffin Will Offend On Defenders

Kathy Griffin will do what she does best — caustically cut people down a peg or two (…or three) — when she appears on CBS’ The Defenders later this season, TVLine has learned.

In the episode “Nevada v. Greene,” Griffin guest-stars as Sally, a second-rate nightclub comic who gets sued for insulting audience members that have been cherry-picked by her producers.

Criminal Minds Exclusive: A.J. Cook Returns!

The Defenders, starring Jim Belushi and Jerry O’Connell, debuts in its new Fridays-at-8 time slot this week; Griffin’s episode is tentatively set to air in early March.

Exclusive: Richard Dreyfuss Joins Parenthood

Griffin recently announced the end of her Bravo series My Life On The D-List, though she will continue to tape stand-up specials for the cabler. Her recent acting gigs have included a March 2010 episode of Law & Order: SVU, where she played a lesbian activist.

1. vjw says:

She offends no matter what she’s on.

• Hiheels1000 says:

I was flipping thru channels and hit 57 which is bravo and seen kathy griffin doing stand up. She says she sympathizes with Bristol and Bristol could not dance because she also has had the johnson inside her. What a foul crass bitch. That is not joking or being a funny comedian, that was pure crude mean girl whisper.. how Nasty!!! plain Nasty!!! just Nasty!!! I hope some weirdo freak stalker strangles the breath out of her someday, karma baby Karma!!! Nope I wont see that show on the defenders when she is on.

2. skyfan says:

Defenders hasn’t been cancelled yet? I like the show, which means it’s likely on the chopping block :-(

3. Kelli says:

Not a huge fan of Kathy Griffin, but because the show is good and I LOVE Jerry O’Connell, I will of course be watching. :)

4. Sally says:

So why be offended by Kathy? She’s only JOKING for pity sake. For those that can’t take a joke, get over it. I’m tired of all the whinning about her, she’s funny, and becoming quite the actress. I Love that the Defenders have the guts to use her, and I LOVE the Defenders, so they better stay around.

5. Bobbie says:

She’s doing the same thing she did when she appeared on Seinfeld, “the rude comic who has no act so she reverts to acting” bit. really, can she find some new material to do. Isn’t the shock comic routine gone the way of Andrew “Dice” Clay and buried with Sam Kinison?

6. Bobbie says:

She’s doing the same thing she did when she appeared on Seinfeld, “the rude comic who has no act so she reverts to attacking the audience schtick ” bit. Really, can she find some new material to do? Isn’t the shock comic routine gone the way of Andrew “Dice” Clay and buried with Sam Kinison?

• JD says:

Shes not the one writing the show. And she’s still hilarious and more famous than ever, so clearly it’s working. I’d like to see you try to out-funny her. Also her book was really great.

7. Eric Weiss says:

Get her off Defenders!

She reminds me of an obnoxious girl from Ohio (where I lived before I joined the Navy.)

She is ruining the show. . .