Hot Video: Katy Perry Is The Mother?!

Get More: Video

Does Ted Mosby end up marrying and procreating with a certain California Gurl? That’s what pop tart Katy Perry would have us believe in one of a series of promos for her appearance on How I Met Your Mother.

Exclusive: Will GH Beauty Derail a How I Met Your Mother Reunion?

In the February 7 episode of the CBS sitcom, Perry pops up as a gal pal of Jennifer Morrison’s Zoey — one whom the gang quickly dubs “Honey.” The original talk was that the shapely, sexy brunette could prove a distraction for Ted, though the promos elect to play Perry off of Neil Patrick Harris aka the master of the double take and double entendre.

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: John Lithgow Is [Major Spoiler Alert]!

Watch the triple-play of teasers here, then tell us if you think Perry’s drop-by will be made of “Firework,” or fizzle.

Comments (8)

• You’re dead to me.
    Good stuff!

Comment by darclyte – February 1, 2011 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d be pretty furious if she actually did end up being the mother. I guess I shouldn’t say that without having actually seen them interacting, but I don’t suspect she’s the mother I’ve been waiting for.

Comment by Saracen Riggins – February 1, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cute. And I think I’d laugh myself sick if Katy Perry was the mother. Secretly I’m praying that Sarah Michelle Geller or Charisma Carpenter is the mom simply because I’m a Buffy fan and that would make me laugh myself stupid

Comment by Diane – February 1, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely and totally agree. I would love it if Sarah Michelle Geller came on the show and turned out to be the mother.

Comment by BB – February 1, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty funny. She does clueless sexpot well, and I don’t mean that as a slam, it’s just a “type” she seems to gravitate to when acting.

Comment by Mikos – February 1, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I remember in the “yellow umbrella roommate” episode they dropped a clue that the mom does play the guitar and is part of a band…..hmmmmm????

Comment by jed17 – February 1, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s kind of weird that they have NPH as himself, not in character… yet leering and flirting with her like Barney would.

Comment by b – February 1, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LMAO! Katy Perry the mother. That would be hilarious!

Comment by Guy – February 1, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post