Criminal Minds Exclusive: A.J. Cook Returns!

If you spot a Criminal Minds fan doing cartwheels this morning, here’s why: A.J. Cook is heading back to the BAU!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the beloved Minds‘ alum — whose exit this fall triggered a sizeable viewer backlash — will reprise her role as Jennifer “J.J.” Jareau for one episode this spring.

When last seen, J.J. reluctantly left the BAU to take a job at the Pentagon. It’s not clear what prompts her return or when her episode will air, but I’m told Cook is due back on set this week.

When news broke over the summer that Cook’s contract option was not being picked up by CBS, fans mounted a massive online campaign demanding the network reconsider. What resulted was a compromise: The actress returned for two episodes to tie up her character’s story and give viewers closure.

Might J.J.’s comeback be tied to the looming exit of costar Paget Brewster (Prentiss)? THIS JUST IN: Cook just confirmed via Twitter that she is in fact returning for Brewster’s swan song. I was right! Love it when that happens.

1. Jenny says:

Crap. You bastard. lol Got my hopes up for not much. :P Yeah, i’m thinking maybe for Emily’s funeral… :(

• Cheery says:

Oh god I hope not! Still hoping against hope that they won’t kill Emily :(

Seriously, after Prentiss is gone, I’m checking out. The writing has gone to hell anyway.

Damn you, CBS…

• titans99fan says:

I don’t want to see Emily go and would be thrilled to have jj back. This new blond substitute doesn’t do to much for me.
        BUT, how about Garcia being on both shows!!! I love it.

• Blondie says:

I really loved the cast on Criminal Minds before JJ left – and would certainly love it if she came back to the show. The new one has no personality at all. I also love Penelope appearing on both programs … please don’t tell me this is the end of Criminal Minds though – it’s my favorite and I’m addicted.

• Annie says:

The bland blonde JJ “wanna be” character they’re trying to replace JJ with just isn’t going to make us forget the incredible synergy and undercurrents the original cast had. Just like CSI – this show is losing ground – and viewers. Its ironic how many people i meet on planes that used to book their flight to get back in time to watch Criminal Minds – both female and male – that dont even bother to TIVO it. We NEED JJ BACK!

• Kellie says:

I’m addicted to the series but without Emily it will become much less. I’ll be watching the reruns. Don’t let her go.

• Kellie says:

Prentiss, (Emily), makes the episodes more believeable with her maturity shown in her character. The others are so young and they don’t seem real. PLEASE KEEP EMILY ON THE SERIES…PLEASE.

• Kellie says:

I agree. Prentis needs to stay. She’s the best of the female cast.

• Sally says:

I can’t help but feel if CBS spent an 8th of Charlie Sheen’s Salary on getting JJ back and keeping Prentiss the show would stay in production for quite a few more years, but getting rid of such good characters only hurts the show .Why fix what wasn’t broken , the show was getting better each year and gaining viewers instead they’ll spend money on a spinoff that hasn’t been that great yet—maybe it’ll get better who knows but they should leave the characters alone & defiently get rid of the JJ wanna-be ,keep Prentiss bring back JJ spend some money on the writers & rest of the crew and lets keep a great show going, it can only get better as it has proven itself with viewership .GET RID OF SHEEN INSTEAD .

• Cathi says:

You are exactly right! Get rid of Sheen and get Cook back. The new blonde is such an obvious wanna be JJ. Dump her fast! CBS & the producers need to cut the sexist powertripping crap NOW

• Sharon says:

DITTO!!

Bring JJ back, and for God sake, do not kill off Emily. What the hell is wrong with you people?

• laurie says:

I agree, let Sheen go why do we start with a great cast and then let them go? JJ and Brewster are really going to leave a hole–and I guess I will bow out–too bad CBS lost another viewer, last year after JJ they lost my daughter now I am leaving too.

• Brenda says:

I totally agree with comments by Sally. GET RID OF SHEEN . Spend the money more wisely by keeping these 2 great members of the Criminal Minds cast. If Reid ever goes that does it for me. I will be through with Criminal Minds if that happens.

• orangelady says:

Forget Emily-whether she goes or stays does not matter. The real fact is JJ should come back! I don’t like the way she was forced to go nor how fast it was. She should come back or have a spinoff with her significant other and baby. Why replace her with a lookalike who doesn’t even seem to be able to act? If she is replaced with the new actress, what was the real reason for letting her go?

• Nancy Reeves says:

I want to THANK YOU so much for having JJ and Prentise return. The team is back and so are the viewers. Thank you again for listening to your fans. Not too many producers listen to fans and your editor and producer do so thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I love your show but with out JJ and Prentise, it just was not a “good thing”; “not right” as Garcia would say. If you need any extras I would be so interested in being a part, a very small part, of your show. Even a fly on the wall would be worth a pot of gold to see all of you and learn how everyone works together as a cohesive unit. That is why your show is SO SO special. You care.Thank you one more time. Last week’s episode was so great!

2. nook says:

Ok.

So, is she the one your blind item refered to? Is she returning to get shot? Way to give fans closure. ;)

• Shane S. says:

No, that would be Justin Bieber.

• kali says:

hmm now you have my hopes all rised up… I’m the only person in this world that finds the kid annoying to no end.

Catherine

Justin Beiber is strictly for teenagers, I wish him all the best
          but I feel other entertainers could do
          better, He is definitely not my idle by a long shot

• KELLIE says:

JUSTIN BIEBER IS NOT MY IDOL EITHER. HE’S TRYING TO GROW UP TOO FAST, E.G., FLIPPING OFF PHOTOGRAPHERS, BADLY INFLUENCING HIS FANS. HE NEEDS TO BE A CHILD FIRST AND STOP COMPETING WITH ADULTS. HE’S A JOKE.

• shad says:

U r not the only one that finds Bieber boring. He’s everywhere & I personally am tired of looking at the kid.

• Merril Lane says:

I find him annoying too. My daughter likes him. Also, on Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior I cannot stand Janeane Garofalo!

• MDEP says:

I do not think so. She is not considered recurring, and people will definitely not be happy to see her go.

3. Heather says:

While I’m always happy to see JJ back, it should be permanent. I wasn’t happy she was let go. I’m not happy Paget was let go. But, if I get JJ back even for one episode, it’s a good thing. And I will be watching!

4. Kymberlie says:

Oh dear goodness I as almost too excited there and then disappointed. I really wish these two women weren’t leaving such a good show. I can’t imagine how its going to be without them both. One I can deal with two is just a total transformation!

• crystal says:

my words exactly!!! I can deal with one even how sad it is but two of my favorite actors on the show that is just too much!

5. Ingmar says:

Since when is Paget Brewster leaving the show? I thought she just got less episodes ordered this season than the other actors, but..?

Anyway, I love JJ, so love to see her back!

• CLM says:

Paget told them when they made that decision that she wouldn’t be coming back after this season.

• Katie says:

Can you site your source for this? I have been trying to find something concrete about whether or not she is leaving!

Thanks!

• CLM says:

It was stated all over the place at the time but if you want recent confirmation have a look at AJ’s last tweet.

• Brandi says:

Paget herself tweeted that she would not be returning next season shortly after the whole fiasco went down.

• Luca says:

She confirmed that yes they cut her contract;. But she also later tweeted that the deal wasn’t set in stone that she is absolutely gone. that it was as had been said, merely advance notice that her character may not be needed after this season and to feel free to work on arrangements for another gig.

• Catherine says:

According to Criminal Minds just received 5 mins ago Paget Brewster is not leaving or having less episodes and JJ is also returning. Hope they are being honest. It would be just great to have both
      back. I would also like to see Gideon back with Hotch. Don’tring Elle back she didn’t to anything for the show, always thought she correct on everything and never gave the respect at being her boss.

6. Tiffany says:

I’m excited to see JJ again, but I’m extremely curious as to the circumstances of her return. How’s that set going to feel? I would imagine a little awkward. I squealed when I first saw this headline, but the more I think about it the more it feels like a “you can’t go back” sort of scenario. And I still can’t handle the thought of Paget leaving. It’s just going to suck if it happens.

• Kelly says:

Well, the cast still keeps in touch with her, so I would imagine they’ll largely be happy to see her. (And the writers made it really clear what they thought about CBS demanding Cook be let go, so I can’t imagine they’ll be hostile, either.)

• Tiffany says:

Oh no, I think they all get along well and that’ll be fine. I don’t think she’s worked with Rachel yet, but they’re both professionals and they can handle it. I just think it’ll be a weird feeling on set. The show already said goodbye to her, and she’s only back for the one episode. They’ll enjoy having her back around, but I bet it won’t be “just like old times”, either.

7. Jules says:

Criminal Minds is really freaking me out with all those changes.It was such a great stable show now it’s just a total rollercoaster ride and the stories aren’t as good as they used to.

• chris says:

i agree, i still watch the show every week, but it isnt as good as it used to be, i blame it on the stupid CM spinoff :@

• brenda says:

I agree! The show is not what it was. Far too much drama with the cast, i.e. Reids headaches, etc. Nothing ever stays the same, it is so annoying. I used to absolutely love this show, and now its being screwed up.

8. Angela says:

So….is Emily really getting killed off??? :(

• kali says:

I’ve heard/read *think on twitter* that she’s leaving, not being killed, all I know is that MGG is directing the episode and he’s quite excited and I’m sure he couldn’t be all excited to kill Emiy off… but that’s just me…
      lets hope Paget reconsider her decission, I so want her to stay.

• Angela says:

yeah me too!!!!!!! I really like Emily and want her on the show!!! Maybe she’ll come back in the next season?????? I know…far-fetched but one can hope, right?

• Suncatcher says:

Last June, when CM announced AJ Cook was leaving and they were cutting Paget Brewster’s on air time in half, Brewster’s agent cut a deal with CBS. The deal was that Brewster would call it a day after this season and leave the show for good. CBS agreed to it and here we are.

I stopped watching CM after last season. With AJ Cook gone and Paget next, and the writing going down hill, it wasn’t worth tuning in any more. Click. CBS and others take note.

• Kali says:

way to go CBS they just killed one of the best shows ever…
            haven’t seen much this season either, love all the guys TG is just the best and I adore MGG and Shemar, I even like Garcia but without the best female law inforcement characters on TV, I’m done

9. Britney says:

I haven’t watched since she left, so I can’t really speculate, but if she’s coming back just to get killed off or something, I’ll be pissed, because as much as it killed me, I thought her exit was extremely well done, so I’d be super pissed if they just ruined all that.

• Luca says:

I doubt they are killing JJ off. Either they are definitely killing Emily as hinted in the spoilers and not doing a cliffhanger while they wait to see if Paget has a pilot or not (which she was permitted in her revised contract).

Or if it is character story related, they are not going to drag out the whole Reid might be about to have a breakdown into next season and JJ will play a part in that. They could have him seek help at the end of an ep near the end of the season and then he is off wherever over the summer and returns in the fall (some 2-3 months later)

OR even more likely, they get a case that involved the Pentagon and run into her there.

Heck they could do both the case and the Reid thing. JJ noticing that Reid looks like hell and asking him about it might be enough to make him go after that help.

10. Jenna says:

Mannnn!!! That title got my hopes up & then I read… 1 episode this spring. =[ Glad to see her coming back even if it’s only for one episode, but I want her back full time. I miss JJ! <3 I just don't understand why they are getting rid of these great girls! They are going to be sorry when AJ & Paget get picked up by someone else & their tv show soars while Criminal Minds continues with mediocore ratings. I love CM, but AJ & Paget helped make that show what it is.

• Kelly says:

Last week, Criminal Minds had a 3.2/8 ratings/share, and 12.85 million viewers. Against American Idol. In what world is this mediocre ratings?

• Cheery says:

Except last season they peaked at 15 million, so there’s been an un-recouped drop since she was axed.

Once they kill off Emily, I can imagine a few more million will jump ship too.

So where does that leave CM, especially with the writing suffering as well. You can’t fire 1/3 of your cast and expect things to go well.

• Kelly says:

Eh, “missing” 2.2 million viewers against American Idol (which is airing the singing portion of the show on a new night) isn’t really a bad situation – I would bet that the live +7 numbers capture almost all of that back. The live +7 TVBytheNumbers has right now shows that Criminal Minds has a 33% gain in share. That more than covers any folks missing the show because they’re watching Idol live.

I don’t disagree with the idea that it really bites that CBS fired two out of the three women on the show (not to mention shunting off at least half the creative team to the spinoff) – but the ratings just don’t support the idea that the majority of fans care all that much.

• KELLIE says:

I’LL DEFINITELY JUMP SHIP IF THEY KILL OFF EMILY. SHE IS THE BEST OF THE CAST OF FEMALES. EMILY NEEDS TO STAY.

• Luca says:

Jenna love, the numbers are a sample. Not actual reality. the only thing you need to focus on is that ‘mediocre’ is good enough to keep the show on the air.

11. Meliss says:

I love both JJ & Emily’s characters & was heartbroken when JJ was let go from the show. Why do they do this??? I don’t want either one gone…….get rid of Seaver, she’s not worth the airtime…..so ridiculous that an agent who is that green would be accepted into the BAU…….KEEP JJ & Emily……dumpSeaver!

• Mike W says:

JJ’s gone, and they need a blonde!
      Plus, she’s not that green, didn’t she train under Sydney Bristow?

• Luca says:

THere is actually a very legit reason for having a fresh trainee in the team. It allows them to have a character that asks questions that are too basic for the rest of them. Questions that might be asked by new audience members watching the show for the first time.

Lots of shows have used that kind of ‘audience character’ before. Hell ER did it about every 2 years with the fresh batch of med students.

And at least with Seaver they had a story reason to include her the first time and it wasn’t just ‘bring a trainee to work’ day

• Ashley says:

The “story reason” was that the best profilers in the FBI, who have a combined 60 years of experience between them, needed a cadet’s help to solve a case. Sorry, I don’t buy it! And that’s not a reason for her to stick around.

I don’t need CM insulting my intelligence by having such an awful character stand in for me as a member of the audience.

• sashay says:

Yes she’s annoying, and the fact that she is similar to JJ in looks and the way they are styling her hair annoys me more than ever. The writing has definitely been uneven this season, maybe it’s time to put one of my favourite shows to bed.

• Angela says:

I agree – how she got with this team-the best- is beyond me and why she is still there, above JJ and now Prentiss just baffles me even more. Are they trying to run the show into the ground? If they loose enough viewers they will have a reason to cancel- is that their plan???? dumping our fan loved and supported actresses for an actress that only a small portion of fans/viewers likes.. Seaver brings NOTHING to the team. Her little ‘poor me, i can understand how the killer feels in this story, because my dad was a serial killer’ crap is just a pathetic stretch… I can’t stand her on the screen, she brings nothing to it. JJ I loved to hear her input, and Prentiss- first off had to prove herself to the team, and she brings a certain grounding element to everyone. When we loose her, it will be really hard to keep watching, that means Garcia, Hotch and Reid will be my only reasons for still watching it… We gonna loose them next (I heard that Thomas is up for a new contract and that they haven’t settled yet…..*bites nails*)

12. Mike W says:

So happy Paget is leaving, not because I hate her, but because I love her and really want to see her on something that lets her talents show a little/lot more. I’m not the biggest fan of Criminal Minds, but I don’t hate it and do watch it somewhat regularly. My one big problem with the show is so many talented (and a lot of comedically talented) performers on the show that don’t get to stretch and show what they can really do (perhaps with the exception of Vangsness, and a little of Gubler who is sometimes allowed to be quirky enough for a laugh).

13. Jen says:

I stopped watching when they announced both of the ladies were leaving. My CM love is now reserved for reruns on A&E only.

• Cinda B says:

Me too! That’s the real Criminal Minds, not what the network is showing in it’s place now! They’ve been through cast changes before, but it didn’t change the feel of the show like this has.

• Suncatcher says:

@Jenn & Cinda B – Me too! I also bought S1-S5 as that’s what I liked about the show. The great “feel” of it – due to great writing and an excellent ensemble cast. That’s gone for good now and I have moved on to new shows who have not tampered with their success like this one has.

14. jill says:

I’m still holding out hope Paget won’t leave. Maybe instead this will be the precursor to JJ coming back forever.

Please let me dream.

15. Elizabeth says:

They’re killing off Emily?!! For certain? Boo CBS!! Don’t even get me started on this faux-JJ they’ve replaced AJ with. I am not amused.

16. Sandy says:

As with any other great show, the “big wigs” eventually screw everything up and “jump the shark”. I don’t think CM is going to be around much longer.

17. WIlliam says:

Stopped watching Criminal minds.
    The cases got more gruesome every week and the quality of the stories is miles away from the stories in the previous seasons.

I think that some other crime series like CSI Vegas really get their game back and try to improve their formula.

If anyone can convince me to come back then please do so…

• Linda says:

I haven’t stopped watching although I did think that last weeks episode was the.most.gruesome.of.all!! The body count was the highest I’ve ever seen it!

Really hope that AJ will be back for good in the fall.

• Suncatcher says:

@William – that was another reason I stopped watching CM. It really did become way too gruesome. At least the original scripts supported the violence. Now it seems the new writers and CBS think gore sells over quality scripts. They will find out soon enough that they were terribly wrong.

• Quack says:

I agree with Suncacther. The writers are novices just like the JJ replacement. While I still consider the remaining five to have phenomenal talent, they can only work with what the writers give them. As a former journalist, I’m confident that I could do a much better job writing CM scripts at half the price.

If CBS wants to have superb ratings again, they should hire a writer who has some ingenuity in bringing Prentiss and JJ back with believability. I have some ideas……….

18. SR says:

I love CM but if both women are gone and all they have is Garcia and the new one, then I don’t think I’ll watch anymore. I loved JJ and miss her.

19. Talie says:

I don’t really like the way this sixth season has taken. JJ’s departure was a really good episode but the following episodes were not that good. Agent Seaver is really disappointing and they should get Ed Bernero back to the original serie cause he is clearly missed too. Emily’s story does not seem to be sealed right now and until then I hope they will get better in the stories. Do we know if AJ will come back on the episode directed by Matthew Gray Gubler ?

20. Luc says:

JJ was awesome and I hope she gets paid handsomely for her return episode but if criminal minds producers think they are getting a bunch of viewers back who left cuz of JJ’s non-renewal and Paget’s mistreatment think again. I decided early on when my fave Paget is gone so am I – my once special show with my fave actor Paget is irreparably damaged and theshow has lost me for good no matter what the show does now. Don’t mean to be a hardliner but that’s how I feel.

21. Juliab. says:

It is great that she is coming back for 2 episodes..and that Prentis
    is leaving she should of been arrested for killing that man . And
    got away with it.. That leaves the MEN OF CRIMINAL MINDS. HOPE THAT
    SHEMAR DOOOOOO

• Luc says:

@Juliab,
      you think prentiss should be arrested for killng which man? -allPrentiss’ shootings were completely justified. No question. You must be watching a different show or just confused no offense.

• Casey says:

Arrested for killing what man? Are you sure you’re not thinking of Elle Greenaway? Because she did kill a man and then she left the BAU/the show. And that’s when Paget/Prentiss joined the show and replaced her.

22. natalia says:

I stopped watching right after she left. I was so mad at the show, I couldn’t watch anymore. It saddens me that this is a one-episode type of thing, makes me angry all over again, really. I miss the show, though, so I might watch.

23. Thays says:

Glad to see AJ back, but worried if it’ll be for Prentiss’ funeral. I don’t want any of them be kill off. These changes are a disrespect to people who watch the show. I barely watch it right now, and won’t watch it after Paget is gone.

24. Brian Dunkleman's Shrink says:

While it’ll be great to have J.J. back so soon after her departure, I’m less concerned with the comings and goings of various cast members and more upset with what I believe is a downward spiral in the writing. Take last week’s episode. We’ve all seen Natural Born Killers. Just because you change the killers’ motivation from the media’s effect on violence to addiction/recovery doesn’t make the idea seem less recycled. I was disappointed the week before, too, because religious ritual storylines have been done to death (both on CM and everywhere else) and it’s really hard to bring something new to them. A few weeks before that we had yet another “man in the woods” case, which again has become a stock storyline that’s hard to get excited about. Honestly, with the number of viewers they get, every episode should be as good as the recent Tim Curry arc.

25. I love this show – all the characters are great and I think it’s well-written, too. I miss J.J. and will definitely miss Prentiss!

26. RvE says:

Thanks a lot, for a second there, I got all excited (indeed, ALMOST did a cartwheel), thinking the “Criminal Minds” PTB had finally seen sense and were getting AJ back where she belongs permanently – and clicked on the header hoping to read that Prentiss wasn’t going anywhere either.
    Talk about a let down….. :(

• RvE says:

Okay, the confirmation means I’m done with “Criminal Minds”.
      The most recent new episode shown here was the one that followed J.J.’s final episode; it’s been nothing but reruns since.
      I’m definitely not watching it anymore when Prentiss is gone, and knowing that this is where it’s heading, I might not even bother with any of the “upcoming” episodes.
      It was bad enough when A.J. Cook was written out of the series, but doing that to both A.J. Cook and Paget Brewster is going too far!

27. Thays says:

With the confirmation, it’s very likely they kill Prentiss off… i’m gonna cry… this isn’t happening…

28. Diana says:

Of course she’s back. She’s Emily’s best friend. She has to go to her funeral!!!

29. Dominique says:

Even though I’m beyond thrilled that AJ/JJ is returning, I wish it would be for good.

And I don’t like that by the end of this season, we won’t have any of the females left. Unless they do make that new girl a regular, which would be the dumbest decision ever cause nobody can replace JJ, especially not if Emily’s gone too.

30. Mcat says:

AJ’s latest tweet confirms that it’s for Paget’s last episode.

Will be my last episode as a viewer as well.

31. Leah says:

This season the show producers and writer’s have had too much of the Kool Aid their “Unsub’s” drink. They clearly don’t value the females on their show – just like in their story lines. Couple that with the even more gratuitously violent episodes and I find myself no longer prioritizing this show on my watch list.

32. Angela Tircuit says:

The only thing I could reasonably hope for when they let go of AJ was at least a guest star appearance on the show. And, normally I’d be happy even knowing it’s only for one episode. But, Prentiss’ last episode. How can I take even a tiny bit of enjoyment of seeing JJ one more time, if it’s also the last time we see Prentiss. Particularly since I agree with the speculation that Prentiss gets killed and JJ attends the funeral. Because I don’t see them having JJ make an appearance if it was something as simple as Prentiss simply quitting. But, considering JJ’s exit still had her local, as long as AJ was willing to come back, there’d be no way they could justify killing off anyone on the team without JJ saying goodbye.

So it’s a terrible shame that seeing JJ again is likely to be tainted by such a final exit of Prentiss. (I could be wrong about them killing her off, but really the odds don’t look good for it)

33. olivia tru says:

i only recently discovered CM — watching several episodes that featured the character dr. reid online. what draws me to the show is the characters and their relationships — not the violence and sadistic story lines. i fast forward through almost all the gruesome stuff. this show could be SO great if it focussed more on the relationships (the actors are really terrific) and less on the violence. i love the interactions b/t garcia and morgan, reid and the team, etc. and enjoyed jj’s chracter very much. (glad she’s coming back for a guest spot!) last week’s episode “13th step” was over-the-top with gratuitous violence and i stopped watching half-way through. i found it extremely disturbing. i’m also disappointed that the execs are dumping the female cast members … what’s up with that? if any of the show’s producers read these posts, please PLEASE focus more on the relationships and give these actors room to flex their very talented acting chops — this is what makes the show interesting. i find the characters dr. reid (!), garcia and morgon especially interesting. there’s hardly been any reid episodes the past 2 years (his directing is fabulous by the way — great camera movement and editing choices) and i would love many more. he’s such a complex, nuanced, quirky, tender and interesting character — so subtlely and sensitively portrayed by MGG. more please! any way — that’s my 2 cents worth ,,, less violence and more relationship. thanks.

• kat887 says:

I’m a little confused. The criminals have been sadistic since season 1, episode 1. These are the type of criminals the team is called in to help catch. You must fast forward through every episode.

34. Gaby says:

Nooooooo…. I mean, I am happy AJ is coming back, but I am crushed that it is for Pagets last episode.

I just don’t think I can watch it after she is gone.

35. Kim says:

I agree with you. I don’t understand why let these 2 great girls go. Yet they introduce a new character that closely resembles JJ. After Prentiss leaves that is it for me.

36. Lisa says:

Why mess with a great thing. I miss JJ and if Prentiss is killed off that removes all of the strong women in the show. While I may watch for the eye candy Shemar offers, it is important to have strong female characters.

37. LeLe says:

I can’t take anymore heartbreak from CM these days.

If they really killed off Prentiss, that’s it. The end for me.
    I’ll def just gonna watch reruns.

Good on ya TPTB!

38. Jademarisa says:

I’m definitely done with CM. I sort of kept the show on a quarantine when I learned of JJ’s being written down, but with this, Emily out and Reid’s story open to another departure, with the addition of scripts going more and more mediocre, all these things make me fell I would have preferred having CM cancelled rather than ruined.

Wish they were named Charlie Sheen and treated better by CBS!

39. Kevin M. says:

GAH! You get my hopes up, and then dash ‘em. One episode?! You made my cats look at me funny, with my YAY! followed almost immediately by my AWWW!

40. Kaite says:

JJ was never my fav character, but I really like AJ. I was pissed to see her leave. I was fine with Lola and Mandy bc they left of their own accord. This was different. Prentiss is my fav/tie with Reid. I’m going to be really upset when she leaves. This new chick is not my fav.

41. Adrienne says:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! How stupid can CBS and CM be??? They knew that there was a strong possibility that Paget was leaving the show, so what do they do, write in the STUPIEST replacement EVER for her, Seaver! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, once Paget is gone from the show, I am gone too!!!! You had the chance to write in someone decent and you didn’t, so bye bye. This is just so ridiculous and sad!!!!

42. Brandi says:

I am glad to see A.J. returning, though it is rather bittersweet since not only is it just one episode, but also Paget’s last. CM will not lose me as viewer unless Matthew Gray Gubler leaves (I do love him so), but I am infuriated by the poor choices from the PTB over at CBS to write out A.J. and Paget’s characters. Agent Seaver is a joke, I can’t stand the character and she is no replacement for the TWO female cast members we are losing. Despite my love for MGG and the rest of the CM cast (Shemar, Kirsten, Thomas, and Joe)part of me honestly hopes CM fails once Paget leaves as well. CBS deserves it.

• kali says:

Seaver is not even an AGENT she’s a cadet that has nothing to do with Elite BAU.

IN a time when being a female celebrity has more to do with eating disorders, scandal and showing as much skin as posible they’re killing two of the best role models for girls on TV this days!

• sashay says:

CM was such a rarity, in the good roles it provided for the female agents. I appreciated that they always dressed appropriately for the job, no ridiculous heels and plentiful cleavage that you saw in other shows (hello CSI – one of the worst offenders). You are right – they provided excellent role models for girls. Now two-thirds of the female cast will be gone (I don’t consider that hideous new character to be part of the show), and we are back to showing girls that women can only be victims or inappropriately sexy in the workplace. Way to go CBS! Obviously, it is indicative of the attitudes towards women in their higher management. Just look at how they portray females in their two comedies – 21/2 Men, Big Bang Theory. CBS likes their women stupid and sexy.

• Kali says:

As posted in other board, if they’re killing off Prentis and JJ is coming back for the funeral, I just hope they don’t dare to put Seaver in the funeral scene, that would be the last last drop for me.

43. kali says:

And I’m pretty sure they’re gonna use her to try to make us like the Cheaper JJ version, this makes me hate Seaver just a little bit more…

But I can’t wait to see JJ back, and I’m still crossing fingers foro Paget to stay!!

is Sad that they think that getting rid of two strong female actors would do any good to the show, CBS is killing Criminal Minds!!

44. Broken sole says:

It is so so sad about A.J. Cooks and Paget. I will miss them so much
    wonderful role models for my girls. Now the are trying to make us watch the spin-off. they act more like and dress more like men then women…

45. Ann says:

I think it will be nice to see JJ again. Clearly, AJ Cook is open to coming back even if it is just for one episode. As for Paget, all indications are that the final decision whether to remain for all of season six was left up to her. At least, that is my understanding of the situation.

I think the door will probably be left open for Emily to return in future episodes. Maybe she will have to go off the radar for awhile to escape whatever troubles are following her.

My favorite character is Reid, so I’m on board with CM for as long as MGG is there! I think that Matthew will do a good job directing this episode. He seems to be fairly close to Paget, so I think having him handle her “final episode” will help all involved.

I do want to see much more of Reid’s storyline with the headaches. I expect CM to be renewed for a seventh season and I will definitely be there to see every single episode as long as Reid is there! He’s the draw for me.

I understand people are disappointed about the female characters. But Garcia is still around, there is a possibilty of future returns for JJ (I think) and maybe even Prentiss. As for Seaver, the writer’s haven’t really had time to develop her character yet. So I’m not going to judge her. I thought her scenes with Reid were okay but I’m not looking for a love interest storyline. Anyway, I think for me anyway it is best to just take a wait and see stance. I’m not upset until I see what goes down with Reid!

• Luca says:

A friend that works on the same lot heard that it looks like Prentiss died but there’s a chance, if Paget didn’t use the whole Pilot clause, that come next season we’ll find out that it was faked as part of a case.

As for Seaver, IF they go for a romance thread it will be very very slowly done. Not some ‘okay next ep we find out that they have been sleeping together since that first case’ stunt.

46. blyngirl says:

I stopped watching when JJ left. I will return only for JJ’s episode, because she was my girl. I love her. Even though she looked young, JJ was strong and gutsy, and held her own with the male agents. And her replacement is dreadful.
    Even though Emily is not my favorite, she is an essential character. Now both are gone. CBS screwed up a quality show.

47. Littlemans mama says:

When CBS has to pay a waste like Charlie Sheen 2 million an episode the actually talented woman get let go first. She’s better to her fans than I could have been. I would have laughed in their face when asked to come back.

48. Ashley says:

I’m so happy we’ll be seeing JJ again! I hope this is just a precursor to getting her back for good. The character of Seaver is just AWFUL and completely unbelievable (a cadet getting a position in the elite BAU – especially one that’s so unremarkable? Yeah, right). Hey, CBS: why don’t you kill off Seaver and give AJ and Paget whatever they want to make them stay? That’ll bring back the show we fans love from the shell it’s become.

49. Suncatcher says:

Criminal Minds once had the best ensemble cast and scripts on TV. CBS and the producers have destroyed it. What for? A stupid spin off? Greedy! And dumb. (Did I say “greedy?)”

Click.

(I hope you fools at CBS are reading these excellent posts from your former fans. We comment because we care).

50. Mai says:

Emily isn’t my favourite character by a longshot, Spencer Reid is, but after Prentiss goes and we are lumbered with that unbelievable Seaver character I won’t be watching anymore. Not even Reid/MGG can save the show for me then.