Exclusive

Community Scoop: Greendale Enrolls In Who's the Boss? History Class

There’s only one thing that could make Community cooler, and it’s finally happening…

Greendale Community College is getting its own Who’s the Boss? history course!

Abed’s pop culture-filled dreams come true in an upcoming episode of Community which finds the Greendaler enrolled in a spring elective (sans the rest of the group) that just so happens to be an in-depth study of the beloved 1980s sitcom — which, let’s face it, is awesome.

Stephen Tobolowsky — who you may remember from Glee, Heroes and tons of other shows — drops by Community as Professor Sheffield, a self-proclaimed expert in the field of Boss knowledge, who has both published a book on the subject and developed said college course.

But Abed, too, is a Who’s the Boss? expert of sorts, and thus, the two have met their match(es)!

Let me say now that my love of Danny Pudi already runs deep, but seeing Abed spout off factoids about Tony and Angela (and Sam and Mona!) might just send me right over the edge. And once again, Community continues to set the bar for all things funny a teensy bit higher with each new episode.

Community‘s “Pain Management Through Wine Tasting” is scheduled to air at 8pm on NBC near the end of March, so mark your calendars now…in pencil, of course.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Amanda Leigh says:

I’m still waiting to hear when Enver Gjokaj starts showing up <.<

• sashay says:

That would be amazing! I’ve missed him so much since Dollhouse ended. Was this an earlier scoop that I missed somehow??

2. Tucker says:

It’s gonna be a Samanther and Angeler overload!

Hold me closer, Tony Danza!

3. Nicole T. says:

I worship the Community writers like gods (I’d have used a big G, but my 18 years of catholic schooling instilled a certain fear in me). They so very rarely, if ever, disappoint.

4. Michael Sacal says:

“Tony and Angela (and Sam and Mona!)”

I keep thinking that you forgot someone there… a kid, maybe blonde or something like that?…

5. Kate says:

This sounds amazing!!!! I can’t wait!

6. Liza says:

What would be even better would be if he studied Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Could you see him spouting of facts about that show? Pure awesomeness.

• sashay says:

That would have been so much better, actually, since I barely ever watched Who’s The Boss. Or Farscape, another show I adore. Especially since Abed discussed it in the bar with the pickup guy. Or BSG. Pretty much any science fiction show would work better for me, than a crappy sitcom I didn’t like. Oh well, since I love Community and Abed in particular, I’m sure it will be as funny as ever.

7. Becca says:

I would so take this class. Everything Abed FTW. I love Community so much, and it keeps giving me reasons to love it even more.

8. Abby says:

But Abed once said that he was never able to get past the opening credits of Who’s the Boss!!!!!!!! How can he be an expert on something he previously claimed he never watched?!?!?!

9. RobRoy says:

I guess the only problem is Abed could never get past the opening credits to Who’s The Boss.

10. mona111 says:

Oh this show is sooo precious and in love with itself. Funny every once in a while – would be much better if it werent so self satisfied.

Its like trying to get off on someone else jacking off.

• sashay says:

Some people would actually enjoy doing that. You need to lighten up some, or at least don’t lurk in a thread where fans love the show.

11. Lisa says:

Wait, didn’t Abed say he couldn’t get past the opening credits of Who’s the Boss? I can’t remember which ep he said that in, maybe “Home Economics”? Regardless, it should make for excellent entertainment.

• Mal says:

Thank you! I thought I was going to have to be the Community-nerd who pointed that out! ;) I know it’s nitpicky, but I hate when shows do that- like HIMYM, when Robin said she never played team sports- she did singles tennis- but then later episodes had her playing field hockey and regular hockey!

12. dantestraw says:

Ned Ryerson!

13. Kristen says:

I would LMAO if Tony Danza guested that episode. Like he was just randomly in the class and Abed was schooling him in WTB knowledge.