Smallville Scoop: Supergirl Returns!

It appears Supergirl has some unfinished business in Smallville.

Current V alien Laura Vandervoort will reprise her role as Kara Zor-El (a.k.a. Supergirl) in one of Smallville‘s final five episodes, a show rep confirms to TVLine exclusively.

This marks Vandervoort’s second Smallville guest stint this season. (Both V and Smallville are produced by Warner Bros., which instantly eliminates a ton of red tape.)

Last week TVGuide.com scooped that Calum Blue (Zod) will also be returning for one of show’s final five episodes.

There’s still no word whether a certain other Smallville alum (cough Michael Rosenbaum cough) will be back. But one thing I know for sure: The clock is ticking. (Dude, just do it. Seriously.)

1. Harry says:

Cool. Hopefully she’s back only for Clark’s wedding and then leaves haha.

• john doe says:

there will not be a wedding to much stuff going on for a wedding lois lane is not 2 to clark lex is so mabey a clex wedding you never know this is the 2000’s.

2. Dillan says:

To be fair, SupermanHomepage broke this story last week, but cool to have a second confirmation! :)

3. Laura says:

Meh don’t really care. Hoping for a scoop that says Martha and Perry are returning. :)

• bash says:

Do u live under a rock? Haha jk they are both scheduled to return . There are screen shots of Annette in “beacon” already on the net

• Laura says:

Okay okay I know Martha’s back in Beacon LOL. I should have clarified what I meant, I’m hoping for their returns in at least one of the last 5 episodes. I think we’ll see Martha again but I really need Perry to show up.

• K says:

perry/michael mckean is not confirmed to come back..yet. So far it’s just Annette O’Toole

• john doe says:

it don’t fricken matter who the hell comes back so many coming back some one from the main cast will be sideline’d i put money on lois think back to season 7 cause it look’s like they are doing the same thing at the end this year. these EP hate the lois of smallville so if you were hoping for a wedding you will be let down because all the talk is about past stars and not the wedding so don’t hold your breath. i see a tess and clark kiss again before i see a wedding and if you don’t wan’t to see a tess and clark kiss again don’t watch a eps coming up called scion cause i here there will be one.

• Aris says:

Perry is not confirmed but he said on his twitter around Spetember that he would return one time for sure….I am guessing the finale…for him to be the editor-in-CHIF of the DP :D

4. fates3 says:

I hope this means we’re getting a Clois wedding in the final five eps! Now, Martha just needs to come back for it too!

5. Jenny says:

I completely agree with your Michael Rosenbaum comment! Dude, just do it!

• chattypatra says:

Agreed. Way to be ungrateful to your fans, Rosembaum. Why do we have to beg? Just do it!

• TJCrinc says:

yeah. i mean, seriously. hair grows back. Shave it off, or bald cap it, shoot a few ep’s, cash a few checks, give the show a proper send off. its not that damned hard to do.

• john doe says:

since mr won’t come back they are just going to make up for it by having lex and clarks son come on aka conner kent superboy this is realy weird the frist to have a kid on the show is two men hay we just re name the show two men and a superboy the hell with superman look up in the sky it’s superboy with supergirl.

6. Martin says:

Isn’t Lucas Grabeel set to return to Smallville for an episode as “young Lex Luthor”. Kind of remember reading something on his Twitter. It would only make sense if Michael would return as well.

7. PsiHawk says:

From everything I have read… Various sites .. Smallville specific and just general TV sites… I have a feeling that Rosenbaum will be back… and that a deal is already in place.. but they are trying to keep it under wraps….
    As much as I love spoilers.. I am hoping to be surprised when the big reveal happens in the final episode and we see a resurrected Lex swearing to bring down Superman… and his League… of Justice…
    Ok.. I know… sounds Fanboyish.

• Jen says:

And if they do this, I’ll be on Lex’s side, cheering him on, because I’ve never in my life hated characters on a TV show like I hate this Clark and his cabal of so-called heroes.

8. Darklady65 says:

Yyyyyaaaaayyyyy Kara will be back!!!!! Can’t wait to see her with her cuz and Lois.

Ppppfffttt blleehhhh I can careless about rosenbaum their better actor’s out there or on knowns that would love a chance to play lex. I say give it the role to someone else I for my part have not missed him at all in the show. They have done a great job with introducing Tess as his replacement back in season 8. So I’m not going to cry me a river if I don’t see him back.

9. john doe says:

how about this the writer for supergirl’s eps is going to put her in the cape before clark aka the star of the show what do you guys think about that something about short skirt and long jacket put you in mind of some one coff supergirl coff bs it’s bad that she already got the name before him.

10. Matt says:

Superman Home Page revealed this a couple weeks ago!

11. john doe says:

and now they are saying that conner kent is coming in scion or kent so no wedding in kent just put the dang suit on superboy way to kill a hero EP you peaple are stuiped dumb ash’s.

12. Toronto says:

I love Smallville Scoop! Not crazy about Supergirl tho, because she kind of took away the shock value of flight for the audience. Nonetheless, it’s a no brainer that if Rosenbaum is in the final episode, he SHOULD be kept a secret. Surprises are awesome!

13. Melissa Brown says:

We need to see Lex again! Come on Micheal just do it!!!!

14. john doe says:

can you say super kiss mindwipe at the end of the show get ready cause it is coming.

15. john doe says:

and since clark wan’t be superman till the last 10 seconds i guess supergirl will hav’t to do it to lois for him now that i would pay money to see.

• john doe says:

if you think that is funny just wait till a eps callied kent comes around and alot of you will think it is about a wedding but nope it is about a kent but not the kent you think but drum roll conner kent aka superboy this last season is not about superman but to pimp up every other super hero way to go EP. as billy the kid would say i would not give a bucket of piss for you future after smallville is over.there mought be a wedding eps the one that justin hartly is dircting eps 20 i think thats how much the EP care about the wedding they are going to give it to a newbe.

16. t/c says:

zod and supergirl got to be in the same eps.
    the only way for zod to come back is with the BOR.
    or with supergirls braclet or somthing like that.
    cause if i am not wrong the BOR will sand all clarks peaple to that place and him to.mabey bloodline part 2 who knows i could be wrong.

17. Jen says:

Kara is one of the few characters on this show that I like. At least Clark can’t scream at her that she’s ‘evil’, or beat her up because she’s as strong as he is and can fly, too. Ollie isn’t out to kill her — yet. So her return won’t be too bad, though Clark will likely deliver one of his disgusting lectures about his own Destiny. I’m so sick of his Destiny, after nearly ten years of hearing about it, that I get nauseated at the mere sight of the word.

Let’s hope Michael Rosenbaum stays away. Why does the show need Lex? So Clark can beat him up and then show up to ask for money to help a friend — because it’s unlikely Ollie ever gives him favours like that — and then come back five minutes later to beat him up again? That plot got old six years ago. I think it’s pathetic that Clark can’t become a Hero, and fulfill his Destiny, without repeating this scenario over and over. He’s got a real problem, and it isn’t Kryptonite.

18. Meg says:

Love Laura and Kara is awesome. She flies, she has a costume, she has a secret identity with glasses… Why isn’t the show about her, again?

Word to Michael. If he doesn’t return I’m going to be crushed. Michael’s acting and Lex’s characterization really carried the show when it launched. If we don’t get to see Lex facing off with Clark one more time and getting a proper ending I’ll be so disappointed. I was always way more excited to see how he would reach his destiny than Clark, whose “journey” has been stuck in park for years (or in the case of last year’s building-burning terrorist stint, in full-out reverse).

• john doe says:

MR is the biggest baby i have ever seen on tv and the fact they treat him and lex like the 2 to the comic book is very sad lex should not have been on the show at the start he should have come on in season 4 with lois and if and thats a big if he comes on the show and get’s the last shot with clark over lois these EP need not to work ever again SH?T’n on a 70 year old comic book with out that book there would not be no smallville or no superman.

19. sorry Michael we always attribute to you and the Superman Homepage reported this SCOOP a week ago as an exclusive. January 20th at http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9122. Not really your scoop, this ice cream’s on me.

20. guy says:

this is just great now kara can get interveiwed by lois and take lois on a nightflight and the blur can go run off some were since he can’t fly yet.is this a story about superman or about other super heros.i can’t tell eney more and now we got a eps coming out callied kent going back to a au what the hell are thess producers smoking cause i really wan’t some must be some really powerfull stuff.

21. BobbyinTN says:

Remember folks,the Zod that Clark banished was a clone. This could be the Zod that was banished to the Phantom Zone by Jor-El.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have at least two full episodes with Clark as Superman doing what Superman does?

One can wish.

22. cara says:

love that kara will be comin back! zod coming back is fine, but you’re right, i REALLY want/need michael rosenbaum to come back for the end. he was so amazing as lex, especially his last season where he starts to go insane. but, michael, seriously, what have you done since you left the show? i need lex to come back for the end! i know it’s been 10 years, but i can’t believe the show is coming to an end. it kills me. let’s hope tom welling is cast in another show soon. i think these last couple seasons have really helped him stretch as an actor. and i just can’t wait for lois and clark to FINALLY be husband and wife!

23. dan says:

I think we all know micheal rosenbum ill be back as Lex….I assume they are keeping it under wraps so when he comes back for the last 3 episodes it will blow the fans minds…I think a nice mini arc story of superman fighting lex as we know it in the comic books with clark winning only for a short time would be a great way to end the show….

24. robert says:

This is great what i have heard from different sites with confirmation, that we will see all these people in one of the last 5 epsiodes of the series. . . . Supergirl, Doomsday, Darkseid, Zod, & either clone or real LEX. . . 5 people 5 episodes

25. David Lee says:

Gotta admit…I saw this on the Superman Homepage as well a couple weeks ago. Come on now.

26. Steve says:

The show hasn’t followed the comic book storyline since it started. Young Clark wore glasses, could fly and wore the costume and could fly. Perry White and Lois Lane were never in Smallville. Clard WAS Superman when he arrived in Metropolis. Maybe now the story can end with a return to comic book reality

27. Al says:

Aside from V and Smallville sharing studios, it’s also convenient that both film in the Vancouver area. Though of course this news will inevitable lead to someone speculating that a) V is being cancelled and b) Supergirl’s getting her own series. I’d be sad if a) turned out to be true, but I wouldn’t complain if b) happens.

28. Nathan says:

So happy that kara is coming back, wish she would stay longer. Also glad that michael rosenbaum as lex is coming back. Just need lana 2 kum back nd c more of the justice league with all of the heroes nd it wil b absolutly awsome! :)