TVLine Items: Zombies Invade The CW, and Other TV News to Know
Deadline reports that the young adult network just purchased a spec script titled Awakening, which “centers on two sisters who come of age and face off against one another amidst the beginning of a zombie uprising.” Thus far, the CW has yet to order a pilot for the potential series, but here’s hoping — sounds like The Walking Dead meets The Vampire Diaries…all good things!
Here are a few other TV tidbits that might tickle your fancy:
• The Social Network‘s Jesse Eisenberg will host Saturday Night Live this weekend, and per the New York Post, real-life Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is being wooed to drop by for a quick cameo.
• Callum Blue is set to reprise his role as Smallville‘s evil Zod, TV Guide reports. Blue will appear in one of the series’ final five episodes.
• Charlie Sheen’s latest round of “health” woes won’t impact production on CBS’ Two and a Half Men, says Deadline. The series happened to be on hiatus this week, and Sheen is scheduled to return to work when production resumes on Tuesday.
• Glee gal Lea Michele will sing “America the Beautiful” during the Super Bowl’s pregame festivities, E! Online confirms. Following the sporting event, Fox will air Glee’s much-anticipated Super Bowl Thriller.
• NBC will air the All Star Celebrity Treasure Hunt this Sunday, January 30 at 8 pm. The Hunt, which stars Brandy Norwood, Lisa Rinna and NHL’s Jeremy Roenick, is a “show-within-a-show,” and will be spread throughout their primetime presentation of Nicolas Cage’s National Treasure.
Hit the comments with your TVLine Item reactions!