Breaking: NBC Orders Brothers Grimm-Themed Drama From Buffy Scribe

Get More: News, Pilots

Former Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel auteur David Greenwalt’s next TV show is going to be Grimm (yes, with a capital G).

NBC has just greenlit a pilot for the Greenwalt-produced Grimm, a fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales exist. Fellow Angel scribe Jim Kouf will co-write the script and both will serve as exec producers. Also serving as EPs are Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner, the duo behind TV Land’s red-hot Hot in Cleveland.

Thoughts?

Tags: ,

Comments (29)

• Sounds like an episode of Supernatural xD

Comment by jess – January 28, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jess-& Supernatural is damn good!!

This sounds awesome. Grimm stories are fantastic & David is great. This will definitely make it on my DVR list for sure.

Comment by Jordy – January 28, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • supernatural is terrible this season and last season was ehh.

Comment by lorna – February 8, 2011 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a Jasper Fforde Jack Spratt book, honestly. Detective, nursery rhyme/fairy tale world…

Comment by Jenny – January 28, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jenny, I thought that immediately too!

Comment by Jco68 – January 30, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a ripoff from Fables.

Comment by Nessa – January 28, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I thought-Fables

Comment by Dublin – January 28, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It sure does – doesn’t it.
      I think Fables could do well on TV if done properly.

Comment by John Berggren – January 28, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First thing that came to my mind too.

I think Fables could be done well on TV if a non big-3 network did it. Give it to SyFy (still hate that damn name) or something – a network that will let it be a little grittier.

Comment by Suzanne – January 28, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was interested until the line “cop-drama”… hmmm, now I’m not so sure!

Comment by GLuisa88 – January 28, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. sounds a little iffy. might give it a try, though.

Comment by Liz – January 28, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW! I know Fables had been optioned for a TV series a while back… Now this? Hmmm.

Comment by Wayne Beamer – January 28, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I trust David! Plus this sounds interesting, something that i will defo be wanting to see!

Comment by Kate – January 28, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sound like an awesome idea for NBC to screw up!

Comment by Merri – January 28, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m interested.

Comment by ErixN – January 28, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMIGOD- really!? This sounds awesome! I love knew fantasy shows! …especially if they’re written by Buffy crew. :)

Comment by tomfoolkitten – January 28, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If anyone can pull it off, it’s Greenwalt. Besides the Buffy & Angel creds, he worked on two other shows I loved – Miracles and most especially Profit.

Comment by Znachki – January 28, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather see Fables on a station like AMC. As it is, if this is a success and someone actually makes Fables happen, people will say it’s a ripoff of Grimm

…. but we’ll know better! ;-)

Comment by Matt – January 28, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Joss? :( He would be great for this.

Comment by David – January 28, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone else read the Nursery Crime series by Jasper Fforde? This seems awfully derivative of that.

Comment by madhatter360 – January 28, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will definitely give this a chance. I’ve always believed Greenwalt deserved a lot more of the credit for the excellence of the first years of BTVS and ATS than he has received.

Comment by amy – January 28, 2011 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m definitely curious as to the actors that will be cast. I’d love to see Enver from Dollhouse. Pretty sure he and Joss are still friends, and prob. recommend people.

Comment by sashay – January 30, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are more than enough cop dramas, there doesn’t need to be another one no matter how “different” it is. I’m already bored just thinking about it.

Comment by Megan – January 29, 2011 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was the Jasper Fforde novels too.

Comment by Lucy – January 29, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed with those who say it sounds like Jasper Fforde! I thought I would be the only one who thought of him. Very much like the Jack Spratt series.

Comment by laylagalise – January 30, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t Ron Moore of BSG/Caprica fame doing the same thing on NBC called the 17th Precint? It is described as a cop drama w/ supernatural elements…like an adult Harry Potter. Weird?

Comment by jed17 – January 31, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was excited until I heard it was a cop drama.

Comment by Miranda – February 2, 2011 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like they are ripping off Supernatural.

Comment by Lindsay – May 16, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i guess this could be a good show… a new show that i must watch..

watch grimm episodes and series for free. no hassle. full and fast

Comment by Omegakillah – June 6, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post