Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Axed? What's on the Bubble?

TV’s queasy season has arrived. From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows will be back next fall and which will be join Tru Calling, Heroes and Veronica Mars over at the MIA Network. (MIA is fictional people; stop scouring your on-screen channel guide now.)

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the bubble, I present you with the following easy-to-browse cheat sheet. I’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so I strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. And for the record, the five eight levels are as follows:
♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ Too early to tell
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially canceled
♦ Officially canceled

ABC
The Bachelor: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Bachelorette Officially renewed.
Better With You: Could go either way. Officially canceled.
Body of Proof: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Brothers & Sisters: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially canceled.
Castle: Officially renewed.
Cougar Town: Officially renewed.
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Desperate Housewives: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Detroit 1-8-7: A long-shot. Officially canceled.
Grey’s Anatomy: Officially renewed.
Happy Endings: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Middle: Officially renewed
Modern Family: Officially renewed
Mr. Sunshine: Could go either way. Officially canceled.
No Ordinary Family: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially canceled.
Off the Map: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially canceled.
Private Practice: Officially renewed.
V: Could go either way. Officially canceled.

CBS
The Amazing Race: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Big Bang Theory: Officially renewed.
Blue Bloods: A safe bet.Officially renewed.
Criminal Minds: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior: Could go either way. Officially canceled.
CSI: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
CSI: Miami: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
CSI: NY: Could go either way. A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
The Defenders: A long-shot. Officially canceled.
The Good Wife: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Hawaii Five-0: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
How I Met Your Mother: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Mad Love: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially canceled.
Medium: Already canceled; final episode aired 1/21/11.
The Mentalist: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Mike & Molly: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
NCIS: Officially renewed.
NCIS: Los Angeles: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Rules of Engagement: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
$#*! My Dad Says: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially canceled.
Survivor: A sure thing. Officially renewed through next season.
Two and a Half Men: Officially renewed. Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Undercover Boss: A safe bet. Officially renewed.

FOX
American Dad: Officially renewed.
American Idol: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Bob’s Burgers: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
Bones: A sure thing. Officially Renewed.
Breaking In: Could go either way. Officially canceled.
The Chicago Code: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially canceled.
The Cleveland Show: Officially renewed.
Family Guy: Officially renewed.
Fringe: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Glee: Officially renewed.
The Good Guys: Officially canceled.
House: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Human Target: Could go either way. Officially canceled.
Lie to Me: Could go either way. Officially canceled.
Raising Hope: Officially renewed.
Running Wilde: Officially canceled.
The Simpsons: Officially renewed.
Traffic Light: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially canceled.

NBC
30 Rock: Officially renewed.
The Biggest Loser: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Cape: A long-shot. Essentially canceled. Officially canceled.
Celebrity Apprentice: A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Chase: A long-shot. Essentially canceled. Officially canceled.
Chuck: Could go either way. Officially Renewed for 13 episode final season.
Community: A safe bet. Officially renewed!
The Event: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially canceled.
Friday Night Lights: The fifth and final season will premiere on NBC on April 15.
Harry’s Law: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Law & Order: Los Angeles: A safe bet. Could go either way. Officially canceled.
Law & Order: SVU: Could go either way. A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially renewed.
The Office: A sure thing. Officially renewed!
Outsourced: Could go either way. Officially canceled.
Parenthood: A safe bet. A sure thing. Officially Renewed.
Parks and Recreation: A safe bet. Officially renewed!
Perfect Couples: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially canceled.
The Voice: A sure thing. Officially renewed.

THE CW
90210: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
America’s Next Top Model: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Gossip Girl: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Hellcats: A safe bet. Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially canceled.
Life Unexpected: Series finale aired 1/18/11.
Nikita: Could go either way. Officially renewed.
One Tree Hill: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Smallville: The 10th and final season is currently underway.
Supernatural: A sure thing Officially renewed.
The Vampire Diaries: A sure thing. Officially renewed.

When is your favorite show ending its season? Click here for TVLine’s printable season finale calendar!

1. Sara says:

I’m glad you think Community is a safe bet because I’d hate for it to be cancelled.

• Mads says:

I don’t see how Community and Parks and Rec are only “a safe bet”. How are they not sure things?

• John says:

They still fall under the header of “low-rated but consistent, critically acclaimed gems”. Plus Bob Greenblatt is coming in to do a makeover on the joint, though I just read that he tends to like the highbrow. (yay!)

• Bill says:

I second that emotion Sara! (I.e. relieved Community is listed as a safe bet.) On the NBC website, Donald “Troy” Glover “celebrates” that “we’re not cancelled yet!” which made me nervous all over again. Community is the wildest, most inventive, most adorable and BEST show in prime-time!!!

• Che says:

WHERES OFF THE MAP????? I know some people dont like it, but its still a show!!!

• DPE says:

It’s Off the Map … duhhhhh… lol!

• Meg says:

Off The Map is there. It’s listed as “Too early to tell.”

• Kiki says:

It is under ABC and says “too early to tell” you didn’t look very hard did you? :-0

• julie says:

Every time something is on t.v. that’s decent and good story lined it gets yanked. All the while the stupid sitcoms stay on and on!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

OFF THE MAP has been added.

• Barbara says:

I love watching Off the Map, Castle, Two and half men, Bones, Rachael Ray Cooking show, Oprah, Ellen Degernous, Dr. OZ

• Kathy says:

I love Bones,Castle, Blue Bloods, Ncis and Ncis Los Angeles.
            Definitely Do Not Like
            Reality shows like Jersey Shore , Housewives of NJ or any where else
            reality Cops shows a waste of my time and inteligence (can turnon the news for these _ )
            Family Man
            charlies Angels
            Modern Family
            Two and Half Men (never did like this one)

OK are Ellen, Dr Phill , Rachael Ray (much prefered on the cooking end of shows) and Dr OZ

• PGP says:

I love Off The Map! In fact I am enjoying more than Grey’s Anatomy! It’s not as good as Private Practice has been this season, but its damn close. I hope that ABC gives this show a chance to find its audience!

• Chatty says:

Agreed. The show keeps getting better and I hope they give it a chance.

• naazneen says:

Private Practice is imo the worst of Shonda’s shows. I’m really getting into Off The Map and I hope it gets a late save. Looking at the updated scorecard though, its practically already DOA :(

• Sharon says:

I agree, I love Off the Map. I have never liked Private Practice and I do think Gray’s Anatomy has run its course.

• christine says:

I agree I really like Off the Map, its so underrated.

• shelly morris says:

HARRY’S LAW IS THE BEST SHOW OUT THERE.IT SHOULD BE A NUMBER 1 AND NOT IT COULD GO EITHER WAY.

• Rowan says:

What saves Harry’s Law is the casting. If you look at it, the characters are retreads of Kelley’s previous works: Tommy Jefferson is Denny Crane from BOSTON LEGAL without the Alzheimer’s (or “Mad Cow” as he like to call it). He even says “Tommy Jefferson!” a lot like Denny used to say, “Denny Crane!” all the time. (And Denny was just an extreme version of Biscuit from ALLY MCBEAL to begin with). Jenna IS Elaine from ALLY MCBEAL but slightly smarter and without the singing.

The casting of Kathy Bates was sheer brilliance. Her Harry is crotchety and cold, but Kathy naturally exudes such a warmth and intelligence that you just love Harry no matter what she says (Its Kinda like House. If Hugh Laurie didn’t bring a natural charm and charisma while playing the almost-sociopathic House, the show would have been cancelled in the first season.), as was the casting of Chris McDonald, Nate Coddry (Adam’s character is 2-dimentional without his spark), Brittany Snow (who can do so much more so much better), Ami Ameen and Johnny Ray Gill (both of whom also raise up two-dimensional characters).

• Sandy says:

Harry’s Law is a favorite in my house. I hope it gets another chance.

• Joe Pernell says:

I completely agree regarding Harry’s Law being the best or at the very least one of the top five tv shows airing. I DVR the program each Monday so that I can watch it at leisure. The plots are good and gritty. I like Cathy Bates’ character immensely and Jenna is quite easy on the eyes. And, oh yeah, she can carry a scene. Her unpredictable mood swings are memorable. I like how the writers embrace the neighborhood mores without indicting anyone for the ills of the community and simply allow the characters to work their tragedies–earnestly.

• Kay Kay says:

Too many political comments..just can’t help themselves..gotta get their shots in. I watched it at first, but don’t enjoy the politics.

• sonjareeta says:

love Harry’s Law!!! should say officially renewed!!!

• Kathy says:

Harrys Law is a refreshing family show, Great Acting which is a premion these days , It is liked by all the family adults and Teens alike. so when was the last time your teens watched a show with you??? This show is a Rare gem. Do not cancel this show whatever you do ~~~~~~~

• tj says:

LOVE Off the Map, look forward to it each week, but it seems the networks keep the trash shows, and gets rid of the good ones. I truly hope Off The Map comes back next season, but most likely the will get rid of it and keep something like V.

• janet says:

I enjoyed the show.

• Gail says:

Even my HUSBAND watches Of The Map with me. He’d never be caught watching one of Shonda’s other shows. I’d like to see another season!

• Kathy says:

Do not like Off the Map

Love Harrys Law it is a family favorite of adults and teens alike. it comes on after the younger set is in bed. We consider Harrys Law a refreshing family show compared to the rest of the smut shown on TV these days, So glad to have this show on the air to look forward to each week.

• JMutts says:

My daughter and I both enjoy “Off The Map”. I too hope they give it time to find its place. From the scenory to story line I give it a thumbs up. I enjoy it more than Grey’s Anatomy.. But have to agree Private Practice comes out on top.

• Darlene Stahl says:

Please listen up now..and hear my rap..we want another season of “Off the Map”. Listen up now, it may sound silly..but we all love Tommy, Mina & Lily. There’s the handsome Dr. Ben, whose oh so fine, going to the Cantina for a jug of wine. Ryan needs a heart, its oh so sad..while Otis rots his teeth with his candy fad. Awesome waterfalls, we’d be oh so blue..if we did not get a season number two. Please hear our plea..for seasons 2&3..if you want to keep your viewers at ABC. Off the map… all the way!!!!!

• Robin says:

I have watched it from the first. It has gotten more in depth as it goes. It really would be a shame to cancel it now.

• Jenna says:

I love Off the Map but I just read on Twitter that it was not renewed!

• innerjuju says:

I love Off The Map. I didn’t think I would but it really grew on me. It is FAR better than Rimes’ other dramas. Better characters, neater locales, great storylines. Its a shame this would be cancelled.

• laura says:

how could u cancel off the map? i work all night and when i come home thrusday morning its the first show i watch before i go to sleep, i loved the idea of doctors working in the jungle and u went and ruin it dont think i will watch a show on ABC line up again, u really need to bring back the show plz

• Paul seguin says:

I am ready to kill the vampire diares show as there is always someone trying to kill a vampire of werewolfe or human, it has stray ed so far from the books and one of the cast members has bullied me on facebook, also tired of Glee which has overstepped its success with egomainiac cast! And a bully amid its cast too.

• Barbara says:

I decided to actually read the first four books to see how close the TV show and books were related. Of course, I am a “bit” older than the demographic the books are written for,but I find the TV Show MUCH MUCH, MUCH more entertaining. If the TV show were like the books, I’d have already stopped watching it.

• Erin says:

I agree. I read the books prior to the series, but when I knew the series was coming out. They get really confusing and hard to keep up with (and I’m an avid reader… classic books are easier to read than these books!).

I’m definitely glad they didn’t keep to the books at all!

• meliot says:

@Paul seguin – if cast members from Vampire Diaries AND Glee are bulling you, obviously it’s you and NOT them!

• rin says:

The show is “inspired by” the books, not based off of them.
        You can’t make a tv show “based on” a book series because you have no idea how long it will last. You could either get canceled right away or you’d run out of material. Also, if they stray farther from the books it is easier for people to differentiate between the two and judge them separately. Personally I love the show and I like that it is able to appeal to a larger (and somewhat more mature) audience. I think if it stuck to teenage vampire romance novels I would be considerably annoyed with the show and I would definitely be rooting for it to be canceled. I think the writers of the Vampire Diaries have done a great job with the show thus far. It is very gripping. But hey, that’s just MY opinion.

• kristen says:

I read the books way before the series came to tv, and I like the show even better than the books. The books can get a bit confusing. The show is amazing, constantly keeps you on the edge of your seat. I am wondering who this “bully” is? You probably went to their page and starting attacking the show…

• Taelor says:

I’m not thinking that cast members have bullied you… >.>

• Clara says:

I don’t watch ether of those shows, but I bet that its not the real actors on there that are doing the bullying,there are at least three Anna Torv’s on Facebook (from Fringe)and according to her she doesn’t have account on it or twitter ether, but someone had told her she had been rude to her on Facebook, so that is probably what happened to you, there are allot of people on Facebook pretending to be celebrities, so just ignore them or report them to Facebook.

Anyway I am glad that Fringe will be back, but I wish they would renew V, but I have heard it want be coming back, and though this only covers the big networks I hate that SYFY canceled Stargate Universe, it and Sanctuary are the only reason I watch it other then maybe Ghost Hunters, they have to get back to doing Science Fiction, and get rid of wrestling and that stupid cooking show!

• bloom says:

Please update your scorecard!!!!

• Rockin Robin says:

I’m sad to hear about Off the Map. Wonder why it’s not doing well. I love it.

• Forwarddad says:

Detroit 187 finale was awesome last night. Please please is it coming back?

• EC_Tim says:

I agree. Character development of first season just now starting to pay off. If ABC decides not to renew, maybe it can be picked up by a cable channel like what TNT did with NBC’s Southland.

• Martha says:

Yrah, I hope Detroit will be back ! I really like the show and love the characters.

• Whitney says:

Nikita has to return it’s amazing!
      OTH needs to be canceled.

• Nikita says:

Must Save Nikita!

Come on CW!
      You already killed off Veronica Mars.

Nikita is the best serialized drama left!

2. Sommery says:

It just warms my heart to see Fringe listed as a safe bet :)

• jadereader says:

I would rather it say “a sure thing” or “already renewed” than it being on nearly on the fence.

• Peteykins says:

Me too, but I don’t really believe it, especially with the show getting moved to a dangerous night where it may fail.

• Lauren says:

I was SOOO excited when I saw “safe bet”!!! I was prepared for “could go either way”

• Dan says:

I am happy to see Fringe on the safe bet list as well altho I am very sad to see Human Target on the either way list as it is a fun show to watch…great characters, second season is great with Isla and Ames

• Mike B says:

Oh please, please, please,bring back Human Target. Those 4 characters are the best. Always so action packed episodes.

• Jeff B. says:

Loved season two of Human Target. Guerrero is my favorite character. Hope to see it for a third season.

• Stacey says:

Jeff and other Human Target lovers, I’m right there with you. So is my husband. He’s bummed about this show and The Defenders hanging in the balance while other shows we can barely stomach watching are already renewed. Taste – it’s not for everyone… apparently. :-)

And yes, Guerrero and the awesomeness of Jackie himself, are the best. I love him. Everything he says and does, pure gold. And I’m a long time lover of Chi in anything. Mark Valley – it seems like a few lifetimes ago since he was on Days of Our Lives and I though he was so bland and boring. So glad he found a role to make his own and to show us how colourful and interesting he can be as an actor. :-)

I’m not in love with Ames, and sometimes Ilsa is too naive for my tastes, but I see why women would be needed to balance this show out a bit. Too much testosterone and all of that. ;-)

Anyway, really hope this how survives to find a much bigger audience.

• Ashley J says:

Why is it that the really good shows don’t get renewed? Human Target is awesome, and we missed it as soon as it went off the air. How can they judge a show that they jockey the airing schedule every week??
            That seems like just a power issue, rather than really giving Human Target a fighting “Chance”( no pun intended)
            Castle has been entertaining and fun also from the beginning.

• Jacqueline says:

I know I love Human Target and Lie to Me they are my favorites. Please do not get rid of them.

• Sara says:

I reallt love Lie To Me. It is definitly one of my all time favorites even though i didn’t discover it till recently. For that reason, among others, I really want it to come back. I will be so sad if it gets canceled so soon after i discovered its amazingness.

• Carol says:

I will wholeheartedly miss Human Target. I thought
            it was an excellent show.
            I hope they keep V on… or I won’t be watching tv
            this next season. Not many of their shows interest me.

• Vickie M. says:

Fringe is without a doubt one of the finest, most intresting, creative shows on FOX. They should renew it.

• forrest says:

absolutely agree!

• Becky says:

yea, me too:)

• kelley says:

Yes! I’ll take “safe bet” on Fringe! Now if we could just get Human Target and Lie to Me moved to that category or better….

3. Amanda B. says:

This seems like a relatively stable season. Many fewer shows are on the bubble than seasons past.

My fingers are crossed with Fringe. That’s all I care about.

4. Ali says:

What about Live to Dance for CBS?

• thenightstalker says:

It’s a snowball travelling on the River Styx.

• JenP says:

What about my new guilty semi-pleasure (because I’m not sure if I like it that much yet) Off the Map?

• Lauren says:

I know, I’m not sure about Off the Map. It definitely isn’t as gripping as Grey’s was in the first season, and it isn’t as good as Grey’s is now, but it’s okay. I love Zach Gilford and Caroline Dhavernas so I’ll probably keep watching.

• Nick says:

I love off the map, more than PP but less than Greys. Think it’s the first new decent drama from ABC in ages. Worried it won’t be renews though as it has quite low ratings of only 5 million each week, although internationally its doing ok, but its low numbers are due to the stupid timeslot abc puts there new shows in – putting it before one of the big shows like Greys or Desperate would boost it’s ratings hugely. Fingers crossed for the renewal!

• Stephanie says:

I love this show. And I sometimes wonder who “rates” them? I also feel it’s better than private practice (which I never watch.)

• G says:

Off the map cast was very well placed together, it is a pity to lose that chemistry. I agree their time slot should have been re-evaluated.

• Willie says:

I think that show has already been ousted.

5. Joe T says:

come on NBC keep Chuck on the air! i could see them renewing it for another season but saying it’s the last one

• billy says:

Yeah I feel like NBC would at least be doing right by the show and it’s fans by letting them wrap everything up and end it nice and neatly.

• -RachelH says:

Please at least one more season of Chuck, I need my Morgan/Casey fix!

• kyfm says:

i love chuck i hope they are able to wrap up the storyline if this is its last season.

• joy says:

I totally agree!! NBC always puts Chuck on the bubble and it’s the best show they have!! I guess because it’s made by Warner not NBC. Come on, let’s have one more great season to go out on!!!

• kyfm says:

• Becca says:

Gotta bring Chuck back next season! It’s my favorite part of Monday!!

• lmd2010 says:

season 5, 6, 7 for chuck… love the show..

• kathy says:

Chuck dont love the show dont like the show Moday TV Booring to say the least Lacking any entertainment for sure
            Cancel Chuck and the others wont miss them

• Kate says:

…and Monday is the favorite part of my week! I’ve gotten really busy this year and Chuck has become the only show worth my time to sit down and watch! It just really entertains me…DELIGHTFUL is the best word I can think of. It’s just so fun.

• Darryl C says:

The only T.V. series I watch religiously on any network, no idea why NBC doesn’t put it down as automatic for at least another season. If this show doesn’t get picked up for another season will lose all respect for all T.V. exec’s. Cost may be high but output is amazing!!! Best show on air!

• cheese says:

Consider how lucky it was to get this season let alone another one, NBC has done more than give them a chance to wrap everything up nice and neatly. If the show finishes this season with a cliff hanger and it’s not renewed for another season leaving fans with a messy ending, look to Josh Schwartz to blame and not the network.

• julia says:

Seriously, blame Josh Schwartz and not NBC? NBC is the KING of canceling shows. They’ve cancelled so many shows recently I can’t even keep track.

• Kate says:

Chuck and Chase have been two of my favorites this season, please NBC be good this year keep the good shows!

• Kelly says:

One more season of Chuck means they hit the magic number for syndication, so I would say it’s a pretty sure thing – syndication makes money.

• VBarkley says:

Except that Chuck is owned by Wb, so that doesn’t really mean $$$ for NBC. However, I want another season of Chuck, too!!!

• jill shaw says:

They have got to keep Chuck & Fringe &Supernatural & Dancing with the stars& Suvivor & big bang theory.I love all of them.Hope hope hope they are all renewed!

• Debbie S. says:

Keep “Chuck”. It’s one of the must see shows around my house.

• FCLEGENDS says:

OK on we need more chuck to the comedy show on nbc

6. fatima says:

seriously supernatural is an awesome show and u wouldn’t find a bigger fan than me but I really think it has run it’s course they should really consider creating a great series finale b4 the show starts to suck…

• Danielle says:

I totally agree! As much as I love watching this show, even season 6 is pushing it, doing another season is just a bit to much.

• Claire says:

I could not have said it better, I love it, but season 5 should have ended it. It would have been and awesome, unforgeable, bittersweet ending. (without those last five seconds of Sam, of course…)

• V says:

I agree completely. I think this season has gone to far already. Go out with a bang like Buffy did and don’t drag it to Hell….so to speak. :P

• filaw says:

I disagree. I’ve been enjoying this season a great deal. I think they’ve got another one in them.

• molly says:

I LOVE Supernatural and want it to keep on going for as long as it can. I enjoy the characters and the story lines. Im a big fan so is my husband.

• GLuisa88 says:

Oh gosh. Couldn’t disagree more! I know I’ll have to say goodbye to the Winchester brothers eventually but I’m SO not ready yet!

• Chelhitch says:

This was supposed to be the last season for SUPERNATURAL. it was intended to end last season but they talked Kripke into 1 more year. I’ll be shocked if he does another year!!

• Carrie says:

I would hardly say they talked Kripke into another year. Once he finished his five year arc, he ceased being as involved with the show as he was for seasons one through five. That’s why he stepped down as showrunner for season six and was replaced with Sera Gamble.

• Judy says:

They are all signed on for another year and the CW has said it will probably renew it.

• Anne says:

The ending of s5 would have been a fine series finale, but s5 overall was uneven and often quite weak. Season 6 has felt tighter and more consistent to me, and I’ve really been enjoying it. And I think they would have a hard time getting to a good ending from here by the end of the season, so I am rooting for season 7 and a more leisurely exploration of the directions they are going in now.

• supernaturallovesfan says:

I’m surprised you feel this way, because I feel the exact opposite. I feel like season 5 was epic on a major scale, and they can’t keep up to the level it was there. I don’t like the way things have turned out for season 6. The plotlines they keep with are boring and uninteresting, and the ones I’m interested are never mentioned again. I think they should have ended the show when Kripke left.

• Tucker says:

I have to agree. The quality and the consistency of Season 6 has suffered a demonstrable drop. It’s still an enjoyable show at times, but it really feels like it’s going through the motions. While there was noticeable stalling at points in Season 5, you still felt there was strong through-line to the season story arc. The overall arc for Season 6 feels scattered and not as immediate as Season 5’s holy war & Apocalypse story did. And before someone argues the merits of recovering Sam’s soul and its aftermath, it really hasn’t offered the same emotional connection that last season’s struggle did.

I, too, thought Season 5’s finale served as a wonderful and powerful series finale.

• already bored says:

I agree. I enjoyed the show throughly for first four season and had mixed feeling about season five because of its inconsistency in episodes but liked the season finale very much. It would have been a perfect ending that would have left an impression and longing in people’s minds.
            And, I did try to get into season 6, but I just couldn’t watch it after first 6 or 7 episodes… I guess it will now die a slow and painful death as so many shows have.

• cheese says:

I have to agree. Season 5 was a terrible bore fest of nothing happening and no plot development for the entire season. I don’t think they hunted any monsters for about half the season, just had emo scenes between the brothers (they milked that cow to death in season 3) and zero real plot development for most of the season. The finale was incredibly pathetic, no big battle, no fight, no action and the pathetic inclusion of the third brother was so shockingly bad I couldn’t believe they did it. It was the perfect summary for season 5.

Season 6 has a lot of what the show used to be good at – saving people and hunting things. The meta plot isn’t boring and actually moves along at a decent pace and although they repeated the horrible Sam is evil plot (two seasons of that wasn’t enough?) the emo has been toned down a bit. It’s just a shame the show is so horrible to female characters specifically (hating on a genre isn’t great storytelling) and supporting characters in general (they don’t know what to do with Jo and Ellen, Crowley – one of the best villains they ever had, the Winchester cousins – missed opportunity used as fodder and anyone else who added value to continuity and fresh air in the stagnant Winchester incest-fest the fangirls love so much).

The biggest mistake this show made was writing for the fangirls instead of writing good TV the best it could be. Half of the dialogue comes out of bad fanfiction. They missed the boat on giving the show a strong send off by renewing it for a 6th season. Buffy had a fantastic season 5 finale and a near perfect season 7 series finale, Supernatural only knows how to write emo brother scenes that cover the same ground over and over.

• DE says:

I don’t know, I’m conflicted. I definitely don’t want the show to start to drag, but I am also not ready to say goodbye to the Winchesters. I’m not sure which way the show can go now though….

• V says:

Aren’t Jared and Jensens contracts up this year? I honestly don’t think they will do another season without Eric.

• jbird says:

I think their contracts are up, too, this year. Having heard them talk, I’d be surprised if they come back. I’m a HUGE SN fan, but it’s time to let go (thought this at the end of last season). I think both JA and JP are ready to move on to something else.

• blah says:

Both Jared and Jensen have renewed their contracts thru a seventh season. Both of them have also said that they are hoping for at least one more season. I love season six, while it may have started off shakey it sure as hell is awesome now. Fridays episode was the best one yet! Im pretty sure we will get a season 7 but then that will prolly be it :(

• Geordiegirl1967 says:

Rubbish! S6 is just hitting its stride. SPN is still a great show with lots of stories to tell. And once SV goes it will be the CW’s second or 3rd highest rated show – and that is on a Friday!

• St.Jon says:

I disagree. We haven’t seen what will happen in the war of the Angels or if Cas knows more about God then he’s letting on, heck I would love it if they spent as much time exploring the mystery of God as they did exploring the mystery of Lucifer and the Angels. After all, Dean’s pretty pissed at him.

• angeldove says:

I am in no way ready to see SN leave. The last couple of episodes have been really good. They have this uncanny knack of turning the show around when it’s in danger of sucking. I’ll enjoy the ride for however many seasons they produce, it’s just that good!

• Clara says:

I stopped watching Supernatural when it got into the whole god, angels and the devil thing, I prefer my supernatural stuff more of a mystery, not really into that whole thing, they lost me when they did that, just like Charmed did, they did the same thing.

And for Human Target, I watched one episode last year and couldn’t stand it, I am not a fan of Mark Valley sorry, I find his acting stiff and boring, everything I have seen him in, and this show might be some good if it had someone else in the lead other then him, so I hope they do cancel it,and keep Lie to Me, and the Chicago Code on FOX.

• already bored says:

I agree that Supernatural started suffering after they tried to bring theology into the show. But to be fair theology is very hard mash with supernatural factors of the show and ambiguous to explore in a satisfying way at its best. Though I have to say that I enjoyed the fourth season. That said, I definitely agree with you on mystery is the key element in supernatural show, and it would have been better in long run if they did not bring theology into the mix. I watched only middle portions of Charmed because when I came to the US, it was on rerun on some channel. It’s been a while I watched the show, but when they got into whole right/wrong, black/white atmosphere, it lost its charm for me.(pun kinda intended)

• already bored says:

I think it might be a bit too late. I, too, loved the show and stuck with it even when I did not feel that it was as strong as it was before(season 5). I really hoped that they would leave it at season 5 when the season has ended because it was a great season finale and potential series finale(I did not even mind the last few seconds of Sam bit, I thought it offered the mystery and ambiguous factor that I love about supernatural)
      I tried to be optimistic after the show was renewed and watched it with my friend who had great time watching few episodes with me (also Supernatural used to be great even when watching a random episode for the first time) but I had to stop after first 6 or 7 episodes of season 6.

• Kat says:

You gave up on this season too early. I will admit, despite having been a fan since the beginning, the season started off slow and it was hard to sit through some episodes. Painful, even. They were settling for cheap laughs and not living up to their potential. If you would have stuck around until episode 9, though, you would have started to see the Supernatural we all know and love. That was the episode I felt it all turn around. I truly think you should give it a chance. At least watch episode 9, and if it doesn’t change your mind, then at least you gave it one last shot.

About ending it this season, I really don’t want that. Everything I have heard about the finale has led me to believe fans will be left hanging if it doesn’t get renewed. I loved the way season 5 ended. It was perfect, but since they have already ruined that end by adding season 6 to the mix, they need a good, proper send off. They need one more season to redeem the Supernatural name. One more season to give Supernatural the end it deserves. That’s just my opinion.

• Carol says:

I disagree. I love Supernatual and have watched it
      from the beginning. I look forward to it coming on
      each week, and am glad it is still going to be on.

7. Sam says:

If Fringe, Chuck, P&R, Parenthood, and Community (in that order) get renewed, I will be satisfied. Bonus points for Brothers and Sisters.

• Rowan says:

I’m with you on everything except B&S. I think it’s really petered out. The beast thing about this season was the Scotty/Kevin fight and that was settled within two episodes. The Saul romance has taken way too long to get off the ground, the Nora/Brody thing also fell flat (even though I love Beau Bridges – it just took too long and wasn’t interesting enough). Sarah’s become boring, as has Justin and Tommy’s new GF Rose is just horrible. The show has run off the rails. TIme to let it go and let the actors find new and better projects to work on.

• Jasmine says:

I will be pleased if Parenthood, Fringe, The Event, V, and Det 187 are renewed. Parenthood not only should be renewed, it should be bombarded with nominations.

8. S says:

I’m actually hoping they chose not to renew DH though. It’s… recycling.

9. Kim says:

Crossing my fingers Human Target’s chances improve.

• XK says:

Me too… thought the first couple episodes this season were weak, especially with Ms. Pucci, (odd because I loved the actress in Rome), but it’s been improving since.

• Buddy says:

Me, too on HT. The Monday airing next week in House’s time slot at 8PM most likely will be the make it or break it for the show. It’s a fun, rare adventure series with likable characters. Enjoyed season 1 more, but it’s still better than many shows on the air. Hoping for a longer season 3!!!!

• postsalot says:

No matter what though, HT will have that awesome scene of the guy throwing a BALL OF FIRE (sort of) at a car.

10. Lauren says:

Nikita has only gotten better as the season progressed and it makes me really nervous that Ausiello believes it could go either way. Maggie Q and Lynsdy Fonseca are fierce and fabulous.

If you were hesitant please give it a try! You won’t regret it.

• Jamie Ann says:

What makes me laugh about that is that 90210 and Gossip Girl are ‘sure things’ whereas Nikita is a ‘could go either way’ even though it’s the second highest rated show on the network.

• Court says:

That killed me, too. And while I might not always LOVE Nikita, I’m enjoying it so much more than 90210 at this point… How can the second highest rated show on the network not be at the very least a ‘safe bet’ is it really so expensive to produce that the standing as second highest rated show on the network can’t secure it?

• Carol says:

It seems that powers that be seem to go with what
        they want and disregard the polls and fans.

• Mike says:

I know. It’s ridiculous.

The management there can be so annoying. I read that they are upset that too much of the ratings comes from guys! WTH!

Assuming the article wasn’t misrepresenting their feelings:

Enough with their lame CW has to be aimed first and foremost at the female audience to retain or female-friendly association. Heaven forbid they have one show where the ratings are not majority female drive! Heck maybe it’s why none of their ratings are good, they spend so much time trying to fend off half their potential audience.

And it’s not like they don’t have a reasonably substantial female following for the show Nikita anyway, why is it questionable for renewal unless it’s not just sizable but dominatingly female audience drive??

The advertisers sure don’t pay any less plus I thought young males were the toughest audience to pull in to advertisers so how can this, their second highest rated show, not be an automatic given??

• Georgia says:

OMG! Nikita needa to come back. I thought it was a sure thing. CW are crazy if they don’t renew it. SERIOUSLY. SERIOUSLY!

Nikita is my favorite show. I’m going crazy just waiting for April. It neeeddddssss to come back. Otherwise. Nikita fans. Pitchforks. CW. Nuff said.

• MIke says:

Agreed! How can they cancel that show?! It just never lets up, always keeping it fresh. I can’t believe it’s not a given for renewal!
      Definitely my favorite show on TV now.

11. Deion says:

What can we do to improve Nikita’s chances?

• Cy says:

That’s just what I was wondering. Nikita is such an excellent show… I can’t believe it’s only got a 50-50 chance of renewal. @_@

• Chatty says:

Yes, it doesn’t make any sense that Nikita has not been renewed when it’s doing better in the ratings. I have come to really like this show. Maggie Q and Lyndsey Fonseca have won me over. Plus, I can’t wait to see Nikita’s romance with Michael flourish. C’mon, please keep this show on the air!

• Mike says:

It is so ridiculous that they hold out on it just because the ratings for it skew male and slightly older (but hardly that old). I mean come on, it’s a great show, it’s bringing more males in to the channel, as I said effect it even got me paying a bit of attention to Vampire Diaries.

It’s so dumb they are like oh but without the ratings for it being dominated by very young females we fear it ruins or branding. Gimme a break!!

12. EveDallas says:

WOOHOO! Let the nail biting begin! I does seem like there is a lot more sure things this year. I bookmark this every year. Thanks Guys!

13. Lati says:

I thought one tree hill was already canceled!!

• allie says:

All the actors’ contracts are up in May…. but they have had a pretty good season so far. Part of me hopes it’s renewed. Part of me sees the validity in ending it. Bethany Joy Galeotti is pregnant for real. I’m pretty sure Sophia Bush is ready to move on. But I do love it!!

• Charlotte says:

Oh god, One Tree Hill is so over, they need to let it go! They’ve had a decent season yes, but compared to the show it was? It’s dragged on way past its prime.

• Jamie Ann says:

They’re all ready to move on. The majority of the cast has been saying season 8 is the last one since the beginning of the season. I highly doubt they’ll renew. James, Joy and Sophia all want to move on (and Joy is pregnant). Austin will go where Sophia does since he took the job for her and Mark pretty much wants out as well. OTH has gone downhill over the past several years. Time to move on.

• Christy-Anne says:

I totally agree… OTH has done very well this season & like others have said with other shows, let it end on a high note. Mark has been amazing & true fans have appreciated the story lines & NOT gotten bored, but there does come a time when it should end.. But OTH has not officially been canceled yet, & if they dont cancel it were just gonna have to sit & wait most of the summer to know whos truly coming back… I just wish Life Unexpected didnt end… that was my sanity when I didnt have OTH!

14. sdfasdf says:

Nikita is a safe-bet to me but we will have to see today!

15. Sarah says:

I like that Fringe is in ‘a safe bet’ I AM SMILING SO HARD!

16. Sharona says:

What can the Chuck fans do to make sure it’s renewed??? It’s such a great show!!!

17. Chris says:

I HOPE TO GOD THAT “$#*! MY DAD SAYS” IS NOT A “SAFE BET”, AND IS CANCELLED PRETTY SOON!!!! THAT SHOW IS A PIECE OF $#*!

18. michelle says:

Oh I’m really really really hoping Chuck gets renewed!!! Absolutely LOVE the show and it would be a real shame if the fans didn’t get another season!!! :/

19. Fen says:

Chuck and Human Target “could go either way”?? Say it isn’t so! These two shows are great, adventurous, yet comedic with a splash of romance. They have developed wonderful, fun-loving characters with plot lines that are interesting and keep me coming back for more! I’m so tired of stupid reality shows or laugh-tracked sitcoms getting renewed by networks when quality shows like these are tossed aside. If they do get canceled, I may just swear off network tv and switch to a 100% cable tv diet.

20. Bernadine says:

come on NBC!!! Renew CHUCK!! dont give up on us now!!

21. Habby says:

Why is the Defenders a long shot? That show has gotten better and more entertaining as the season has progressed. The rating seem to be good. Is Belushi and O’Connell making that much money that it’s being priced out?

• Ghost says:

The Defenders has grown on me…especially since The Whole Truth was canned, this is the only “lawyer drama” on that is any good.

• Jennifer says:

I’m with you! The Defenders rocks and I will be heartbroken if it goes away.

• Theresa says:

I love the Defenders and I totally agree, better and better every episode. The interaction of Belushi and O’Connell is second to none. This show makes you laugh and then you find yourself in despair of the actions of the court systems. It can only get better…I really hope they keep it going. If they need money to pay thesee two then they can always take a few hundred thousand from Charlie Sheen, he is over rated and makes way too much money.

• Carm says:

I love The Defenders too. I hate that it is a long shot.

• Sandy says:

Defenders is another great show which the whole family can enjoy. Makes us laugh and plots are good. Actors are great.

• scrlett says:

I love the Defenders!! Jim Belushi and JerryM are really great and I really like Jurnee. Great stories! Love their billboards!

22. Mykey716 says:

I really hope ABC does renew ‘Detroit 187′ – show is so much better than most people realize. I happened to watch it during Xmas repeat season on Demand and was surprised how good it was. Maybe the best thing Michael Imperioli has done since ‘Sopranos’.
    And I can’t believe Law&Order:SVU is on the bubble…it is still
    an exciting show,even if they sometimes do some terrible casting on the DA’s (Alexandra Cabot is still the very best ever!) But after the Leno/Conan disaster, I don’t trust NBC to do anything right in the 10pm slot….seems they only do well with their comedy blocks and the reality shows…NBC = NoBody Cares

• bmc9999 says:

I totally agree with you on Detroit 187. It is my favorite show on television next to Blue Bloods.

• Vickie M. says:

Blue Bloods is one of our Favorites. I hope it’s on T.V for a very long time. NCSI and NCIS L.A are never miss shows in our house.
        Fringe is a favorite too. After that, it’s on to Cable.

• Ritch says:

The best ensemble cast on TV is “Blue Bloods” Every actor is a claas A act. With the kids at the movies on Friday night, it’s so great to have adult fare for a change. “Flash Point”, “CSI:New York” and “BlueBloods” make for a perfect evening. If CBS is going to cancel one “CSI”, for God’s sake, make it “CSI:Miami” David Caruso spoils my Monday nights and the plots on “CSI:Vegas” have become ridiculous. “CSI:New York” is the best of the three, but it was much better before they brought Sela Ward on board. Maria K(can’t spell her last name) was far superior as the female lead. CBS! Please leave Friday night alone…it’s perfect. I mean, look at “BlueBloods” Selleck,Wahlberg,Estes,Moynihan,Cariou…there’s two million bucks worth of talent right there that no other show has!!!

• Mark Rich says:

I torally agree Detroit 187 is great and is just getting going

• Kathy says:

Dont like Detroit 187 at all no one in my family likes it Cancel it

we much prefer CSI CSI NY and CSI Miami and favorite Blue Bloods so whish it were on earlier but then we get to wait til 10pm and really enjoy One of the highlights of the week in our house

• Betsy says:

I, too, vote for Detroit 1-8-7 to be renewed. I love it!

23. mandy says:

Much better then last year! Too many shows I watched had poor outlooks…. Only One Tree Hill is even a little uncertain!

:) SO glad Fringe and Parenthood are lookin good!

24. Jess says:

CSI:NY could go either way… I hope it stays even if it’s for half and final season. It’s on the toughest night of the week, and it’s staying competitive.

Crossing my fingers for Nikita.

• Christy-Anne says:

I agree… even though I Tivo it, I know my view is being counted. I really hope the ratings havent gone down b/c of the new cast member, I really think it deserves a chance, but they all say that Friday shows are dead shows :(

• vicki says:

My question is why would people rather see the CSI Miami overdramatized, HORRIBLE acting by every person rather than watch CSI NY.

• Becky says:

AMEN SISTER!!!!

• hardline says:

CSI Miami is better than CSI NY. You are just mad because the facts are, CSI NY is the worst performing of all 3 CSI shows. YOU FAIL.

• Andrew D says:

CSI Miami is the living definition of the lowest common denominator. It’s an embarrassment to embarrassments, and its lead actor needed acting lessons when he was on NYPD Blue.

• Tania says:

Oh look, how cute is hardline. As the great Prince once sang, ‘Act your age, not your shoe size’.

• Lauren says:

If Miami is so good how come CSI NY has been getting better ratings on a Friday night then it has? And it doesn’t have the loom of the “Death night” hanging over it? CSI NY has topped the ratings twice that I know of and both times their ratings were higher then Miami and all Horatio is good at is putting on glasses and muttering a few words at least Mac has substance.

• Tania says:

I concur. I’m finding it strange though that CSI:NY is on the bubble. My impression has always been that the ratings remain decent enough on Fridays. It’s not that poor is it? A far better series than Miami and one with a more likeable and talented cast.

• Chatty says:

Exactly. The only reason to watch CSI: Miami is to laugh at how ridiculous it has become. That, and the gorgeous wide shots of the Miami shoreline. On the other hand, CSI: NY is a real drama with a great cast of actors and interesting stories to tell. Please renew it.

• Frimi says:

I see there is a big devate between CSI: NY and CSI: Miami…
            I like the two of them, but of course CSI: Vegas is the best ;)

• Lisa says:

I hope CSI:NY stays. I have found myself this season looking forward to Friday nights to see the new episode and even watching them over during the week on TV.com’s app on my Droid phone. Everything about that show is excellent. It is my favorite of the three CSI shows. I watch CSI:Las Vegas if I remember and Bones is a re-run / not on but don’t make sure to sit down to watch the episode. I cannot stomach CSI:Miami and have not watched that one regularly since Speedle left and at all in about 5 years.

They should keep CSI:NY and dump CSI:Miami … would make a million times more sense if they want quality tv. JMO

25. Darrow says:

can you double check the status of American Dad other websites say that it has NOT been renewed yet. And that Bobs Burgers was a test to possible replace it, hence the killing move of moving it to 7:30pm on Sundays. Thanks

26. Andrew says:

Chuck could go either way??? Oh no! I really hope it is the not canceled way :( Or if it is canceled they end it really well and not with a cliff hanger

• hanjam says:

unfortunate as ep24 is called chuck vs the cliffhanger – really hope it gets renewed!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Brynna says:

How is parenthood a safe bet and Chuck going either way?

• Lindsey says:

My sentiments exactly. For some reason, I thought Chuck had a better chance than Parenthood. Chuck is the only show on this list that I really care about, so it better get renewed. As much as I love some of the others, I wouldn’t be as broken up about them as I would be about Chuck.

28. dustin platz says:

don’t forget about the cable channels scorecard!

29. Samantha says:

I thought Life Unexpected wasn’t officially cancelled yet! I know it’s an extreme long shot, but don’t kill allll my hope!

• BonnieW says:

Ditto!!

• Christy-Anne says:

Ditto…. I think bc we havent heard anything that it was dead, but then again THE CW themselves advertised the finale as a SEASON finale… last yr for OTH they would announce it as “THE FINALE”… trying to save themselves from season or series bc we didnt know til May. I love Life Unexpected, & if OTH ends, I can live with LUX :)

• dan says:

Pretty sure the finale ended the show…they jumped forward 2 years, ryan and cate were finished, and baze and cate were together…while I like the show, Im pretty sure that was the show tieing up all the loose ends for the viewers

• Court says:

Gotta remember guys, this is the same network that never officially cancelled Veronica Mars. They knew when they were advertising LUX as a season finale they weren’t bringing it back. What other reason would they have for effectively burning off the final two episodes the week before the rest of the network came off their 7-8 week hiatuses?

• supernaturallovesfan says:

Trust me, it’s cancelled. Just watch the finale. They jump two years into the future.

30. mark says:

Desperate Housewives needs to go off ASAP it is horrible its a shell of its former self and Grey’s Antatomy isn’t too far behind it. Those two shows were once my two favorite shows but watching the current seasons of them is painful. ABC needs to put them both out of their misery.

31. Tracy says:

I could have sworn Bones was already renewed….didn’t it get a 2 year renewal prior to the beginning of the current season? Or am I thinking of a different show….

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yes, BONES was renewed for two seasons… in May 2009, taking it through this season.

• Jordan says:

If you like Bones, you should watch Lie To Me. It is excellent. Its like Bones meets Castle only rougher around the edges. I really enjoy it

32. Sofia says:

Fringe “A safe bet”? GOD I REALLY hope so. Humm..do you know something that we don’t?

NBC just needs to renew Chuck already. The fanbase is steady as a rock.

33. Stefan says:

What about Law&Order: Los Angeles??

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

LOLA has been added to the list, thank you.

• mdaily says:

Wasn’t it pulled (permanently) from the current lineup? I would say that makes it as “long shot” as it gets.

• Rick says:

Nope. Not permanently, temporarily.

NBC trying to make room, plus LOLA going through casting/crew changes.

• Sassbo says:

LOLA will have to get a whole lot better for me to ever tune in; of course I really didn’t give it a fair trial since I fell asleep 15 minutes into every epi. Hands down the most boring show imaginable. Maybe a change in cast and crew starting at the bottom and going all the way up the ladder would help, but I’m not holding my breath.

34. hw says:

chuck chuck chuck!!

35. dlferriola says:

Disappointed about The Defenders & CSI- NY

36. Paige says:

SVU- could go either way?? WTF.

I would hate for Detroit 1-8-7 to be cancelled!

• jennifer W says:

They have not locked in contracts with Mariska and Chris yet (We are on first name basis.)

They both want to continue, but their contracts are up at the end of this season.

37. JDHetherington says:

There are definitely some shows on here that may be a shock renewal or a shock cancellation.

V could get picked up on the condition that ABC and the producers work out an end date. (ie Lost) While the ratings are kind of low, the lowest the show has gotten was 4.9 million viewers, and it still got picked up. So as long as it stays around or above 5 million the show could have a good chance of coming back for a season 3, and an end date helped Lost get a bit back in the ratings. Might be a good idea ABC. Same goes for No Ordinary Family.

Plus after 8 years One Tree Hill is pulling in pretty decent ratings for the CW, especially being at Season 8. CW’s President said it could happen.

Though I think some shows (Rules of Engagement) really need to end though. I know everyone thinks Brothers & Sisters is on the way out….but I think it could definitely get a Season 6. Then end it.

• Jamie Ann says:

OTH: yeah, except that their contracts are up in May and most of the cast has said this is the last season since it started. I highly doubt any of them will renew. OTH is over.

38. Tanya says:

Better With You is fun and has so much potential! I hope it gets renewed.

• Allison says:

I agree, I feel like this is a great show that not enough people are watching. Lots of potential.

• Cheri says:

LOVE this show! It’s really the only new show that I’ve stuck with. It makes me laugh out loud every week. Really hope they give it a second season so more people can see how great it is.

• Reena says:

I love better with you too! I need my weekly Putney laughs I hope ABC does renew it its such a fun and fresh show plus I wanna see all the craziness that will happen once the mia and casey have the baby!!

• Russ says:

I have to say, I totally dislike it. It’s safe, easy comedy, always goes for the obvious joke/punchline… It’s so predictable it pains me! I do like the cast though, especially the pregnant couple, and it does have potential, but I seriously want them to get a whole new group of writers to write if it somehow gets the second season it doesn’t deserve

• Allison says:

@Russ – you have a good point. I definitely think I like the show because of the great cast. The writing could be much stronger. The poor guy that plays Ben is in failed sitcom after failed sitcom yet I think he is good. My husband and I both really like “Committed” several years ago where the same actress played his girlfriend as on BWY. Maybe I am rooting more for them than the show at this point?

• Andrew D says:

I agree there’s an easily identifiable formula with Better With You, and it has its share of sitcom moments, but the two younger couples are charming, and make their scenes work. The mother is playing the part she played on That 70s Show, though the guy playing the father struggles valiantly with one of the most thankless roles on network television; he fails, but by a surprisingly small margin. When BWY fails, here’s hoping five of the six principals find work soon.

39. NEK5552 says:

What about NBC’s Harry’s Law ?

40. Camillus says:

I am going to miss Smallville when it’s gone!

41. Kari says:

Why does NBC put us Chuck fans through this every year! It’s frustrating for us and the cast and crew! If only the executives had to wait it out every year to see if they still had a job!

42. Kristen says:

At this point I’m thrilled that “Lie To Me” is a ‘could go either way’ as opposed to a ‘long shot’ which is what it was a couple weeks ago.
    I think the recent ratings bump helped its chances.
    All my other shows seem safe or have already been renewed.

• Corrinne says:

I just recently discovered Lie to Me via Netflix and am now caught up. I surely hope they consider Netflix and itunes rentals since it is in the Top Shows category of both.

• Anna says:

Lie To Me and Human Target are more deserving of renewal than Fringe; which has one of the least appealing casts on TV today.

• Kristen says:

I agree with you there, Anna. And I really tried to get into the show. It had ‘X-Files’ vibes written all over it, and I loved ‘X-Files’, so naturally I thought I’d love ‘Fringe’ but I couldn’t get past the pilot. Not sure whether it was the writing or cast….

• JohnDoe says:

Too bad you didn’t stick around, because the end of season 1, and 2 and 3 have been excellent. It’s truly a great show. Too bad most Americans are too dense to understand a show like it.

• AC says:

yes, you should keep going and watch through seasons 2 and 3. it gets better! i actually started watching in the middle of season 3 and then went back and watched through season 1, and if i hadn’t seen episodes in season 3 i don’t know how interested i would have been.

• Cameron says:

I wouldn’t say just watching the pilot is “really” trying to get into the show.

• Forrest says:

I AGREE. Lie To Me is amazing. I really hope it gets renewed! Ive seen every episode and really want new ones!

43. Laurabried says:

Happy to see Community listed as a safe bet. My fingers are crossed NBC renews it

44. V says:

What about USA and FX networks!?!?!?!

45. Allison says:

Was really hoping Medium was the answer to the blind item a week or so back (canceled show now showing a pulse – I think we now know that is The Closer). I feel like it at least deserved a full final season.
    And heres hoping Better With You is given a second season to catch on.

46. Laura says:

how is Hawaii-5-O only a safe bet? it’s one of the highest ratings shows on TV atm that isn’t a reality show like idol. it’s a sure thing, no questions asked. anyone who decided to axe that show would be finding themselves axed as well

• Kelly says:

It’s very expensive to film. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t picked up, but given that CBS has a lot of long-running shows (highly paid casts), I can see there being concern over whether or not a show that hasn’t moved past the competition in it’s timeslot should be renewed.

The big decision will come when Castle, Harry’s Law, and Hawaii Five-0 are all airing new episodes against each other. (That said, given how many viewers watched after the AFC championship, I’d be shocked if it wasn’t renewed – although potentially moved to another night. The question will just be whether or not CBS thinks it has something that will be more effective against Castle, or another spot to move H50 to in the schedule.)

• Becky says:

I beg to see why Harrys Law ranks up there it’s only had a few shows so far…I love Castle and H50 the only thing resembling the old is Hawaii..well anyway I have att and can do 4 shows at one time, so let em all stay lol….just sayin

• Kristen says:

I wish H50 was a sure thing. The first half of the season was up against Monday Night Football and that’s going to be the trend for a while in that time slot. I’m really surprised it doesn’t grab more than 10-11 million viewers, but those numbers are pretty solid.

• Tania says:

One of the highest ratings and it begs the question Why? Just because AOL is constantly with his shirt off. Such a promising actor with talent being wasted on an incredibly cheesy remake. By the way, it appears that the studios nowadays have gotten incredibly lazy. Recycling shows from the 70’s is not the way to go. What’s happened to fresh ideas?

• Ruthie says:

I couldn’t agree more, Tania! I keep watching the show because I like the actors on it and I keep hoping it will get better. I kind of wish they would cancel and put me out of my misery. That way, the actors that I love can go on to do something else that’s better.

Fresh ideas are too risky. Unless it’s a total blowout like Lost, networks don’t want something that’s too “specialized” and doesn’t appeal to the masses. So they stick to the formula: cop, lawyer, or doctor shows. Unfortunately, we are so saturated with those kinds of shows that it’s hard for them to succeed, even if they really are good. There have been so many truly original ideas that get the axe before they really find their niche that it’s kinda sad. That’s my two-cents opinion.

• Bullett Moyd says:

I’m in total agreement with you about Hawaii Five-O. Besides, LOOK @ all the GREAT hunks and Grace is so pretty and dresses up the show. It has a human side that all of us can relate to at one point or another. I love the banter between the characters of “Steve McGarret” & “Danno.” It adds flavor to the show. “Chin Ho” and “Kono” add another dept with them being cousins. Again…the human side. Keep this show alive. Plus, the BAD guys add a little ‘pepper’ to keep the interest going into various scenarios. It makes me takes pictures of my TV screen of the characters. WOW!!
      Let’s make it “OFFICIALLY RENEWED!!” em/mobile,alabama

47. Del says:

SVU is on the bubble????? Since when???

• Ashley says:

Seriously! And how is LO:LA a safe bet? SVU is far better than LA.

• Anne says:

The last I heard, Chris Meloni was saying this was his last season. So, my guess is the network isn’t sure if they want to continue the show without him. Since it is more like the Benson and Stabler show now.

• Christy-Anne says:

I heard about 2-3 yrs ago they were only on a 2 yr contract, so I think you may be right, & as much as I love mariska (benson), LO:SVU wouldnt be the same w/o the 6 main characters… I already hate the fact they have a new prosecutor every eppy… I really hope SVU isnt over, Ill cry!

• Tania says:

Hell, the original Law and Order is better than Los Angeles. I’m watching the UK version (with its legal system at play) which reminds me of why I loved the original. Seriously, NBC screwed up, but when *don’t* they? Um…Kidnapped; Life; The Black Donnelly’s, etc., etc., etc. Here’s hoping that SVU comes back. On a separte note, why would CSI:NY be on the bubble? I haven’t noticed it suffering in the ratings. I’ll never understand how Miami continues to garner such ratings.

• tt says:

You are right, all of those were excellent shows and what happened to them? replaced with junk. I pray Detroit 187 is given a chance. thats one of the quality shows on tv right now.

• AdamL says:

Miami manages to keep it’s ratings because Horatio is so unbelievably cool 8)
          To be fair, Mac is too, but not as awesome as Horatio.
          And CSI just died for me when Grissom left, I never watched again.

P.S. My fingers are crossed for Chuck

• Jen says:

I LOVE L&O:UK! It is so great and cannot get enough.

• Sonia says:

I think he got them confused….maybe it is suppose to be LOLA on the bubble and SVU a safe bet.. that is how it is in By the numbers
        on the ratings site.

48. Michelle says:

While I’m relieved that Fringe and Hawaii Five-O appear to be safe, why are Nikita and Chuck on the bubble?! I go through this with Chuck every year. *sigh* And Nikita’s getting really good! Do the right thing, CW!

• Travis says:

I’m surprised he has Nikita on the bubble… the fans like it a lot and it is one of the better rated shows for the CW… Seems it should be a near lock for renewal.

• Jamie Ann says:

IKR? My thoughts exactly. Nikita is the second highest rated show on that network (right behind TVD), so I would think it was more of a ‘sure thing’ or at least a ‘safe bet’ than the likes of 90210 and Gossip Girl which so need to be cancelled. I feel pretty good about Nikita getting renewed.

• lorna says:

nikita is crap, life unexpected was waaaaaaaaaaay better

• Nimue says:

It’s the demos. Nikita skews older compared to many CW shows. If Nikita is renewed, I could see it getting moved to Fridays to be paired with Supernatural, since that’s another CW show that has a more varied audience. With the Vampire Diaries having such a strong young female demo, I’d be willing to bet the CW is going to want to pair Nikita’s lead-in with something else next year.

The new shows they’re considering for 2011-2012 would indicate this as well. They’ve realized genre shows (fantasy/horror) tend to be their best performers. They’re just taking a cue from the Vampire Diaries and trying to make those genre shows skew younger than Smallville or Supernatural did.

Nikita’s ratings seem to be slipping though. It performed pretty poorly on Feb. 17, ranking lower than CW’s Friday line-up.

• Jamie says:

That was a long while back, though. It’s still the third highest ranked show on the network and recently jumped back up.

• Mike says:

It skews older and more male but so what? It doesn’t skew like CBS old or anything and males are hard target to reach. WHy do they need to be the channel that skew solely youngest female?? So annyoing. If they cancel it for this I will be done with the CW.

• Jamie says:

Nikita’s actually the third highest rated show on the network behind TVD and Smallville. Most people that I’ve seen on the internet seem to be really surprised it hasn’t been renewed yet, since it is one of the stronger CW shows ratings-wise. It definitely should be more of a safe bet than OTH, which has had absolutely TERRIBLE ratings all season long and reached a season low on Tuesday. I’ve never thought it was any danger, so I’m not worried about it whatsoever. TVLIne is actually the only place I’ve seen saying that Nikita is on the bubble. Most other places, TV By The Numbers especially (which I find to be most accurate as a whole anyway) have it more likely to be renewed than canceled by May 2011. No worries.

49. Darcy says:

what about Harry’s Law on NBC? i know it’s only in it’s second week but how does that show look?

• BonnieW says:

One episode was enough for me. Won’t be watching again.

• Kelly says:

You won’t get a true idea for how the show is going to do until it airs against new episodes of both Castle and Hawaii Five-0, which I don’t think will happen until the first week of February.

50. Erin says:

I’m sad to see Lie To Me as could go either way. I’m hoping it makes it.

On the plus side, just about every other show I watch is renewed or safe bet. I think this is the first year that’s happened.

• Lucy says:

I agree. Unfortunately, we are very late to this show and are making our way through it on Netflix. However, we love it and I really hope it’s still on in the fall, when we will have caught up!!

• Forrest says:

I think the thing with Lie To Me is that recently it is starting to pick up steam. Out of me people on this thread talking about it, alot are saying they discovered it recently (which I am taking to mean at the end of the season that just finished) or on netflix or Hulu. That being said, it is one of the best tv shows I have seen in a long time. I feel it would be a big mistake on the part of the network to cancel it since more and more people are discovering it and LOVING it all the time. RENEW LIE TO ME PLEASE