Community Scoop: Will a Girl Come Between Troy and Abed?!

Don’t be fooled by her sweet face! That’s the girl who comes thisclose to tearing apart Community‘s bosom buds Troy and Abed — you know, of Troy & Abed in the Morning fame. But will her Valentine’s Day voodoo work?

Ha! Unlikely. We are talking about Troy and Abed, for goodness sake. But it does make for a sweet storyline in Community‘s second annual Valentine’s Day installment.

“There’s [a Valentine's] episode where Troy and Abed fight over a girl,” Donald Glover tells us. Add Danny Pudi, “It’s a fight that really tests our friendship — but in true Troy and Abed fashion, they go after the girl…together.”

Which really just means that Communies need not worry about their beloved bromance because these two are completely clueless about love — but not friendship.

Here’s how it plays out: The guys spot Mariah (played by the short-lived Quarterlife‘s Maite Schwartz), the new college librarian, putting books back on the shelf and instantly fall for her. But we can assure you that she’s not just an innocent bystander here. In fact, she’s drinking the Abed and Troy Kool-Aid — and letting them both know it.

“It’s just really endearing,” Danny laughs. “The whole time I was reading it, I was thinking, gosh it’s so sweet that these two people really want this girl, and they just don’t get it.”

Alas, all will eventually be well with our little Community pals by in the February 10 episode — whew!

Don’t miss tonight’s all new Community at 8/7c on NBC, where the gang’s anti-drug play goes awry and it’s Chang to the rescue.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Kate says:

Can’t wait! Troy and Abed have one of the sweetest bromances on tv. I’m also excited to see more Chang tonight! I have missed him this season.

2. Dave says:

Love the show, especially these two with their rampant silliness…this show really improves each and every week, as do only the best sitcoms.

3. DJ Rogue says:

I am SO GLAD there’s someone on this site that remembers that this show exists. Every week Ausiello seems to pimp shows that don’t really need it (Glee, i’m looking at you). Here’s a show that is CONSTANTLY on the bubble and not a peep from the majority here.

• Ann says:

I’m glad too! One thing I’ve found with sites like these though is if stories don’t get enough hits or comments they tend to stop doing them so we need to show the love! I saw on a new post that Community is considered a strong candidate for renewal!

4. Sarah El says:

“Communies”?

Interesting name for Community fans, I guess. Looks like a cross between “commies” and “communes” >.>

5. kate says:

Don’t know who this actress is, but in this pic she looks like a brunette Britta with glasses

6. Bry says:

“Community” is by far the best comedy on network television. Looking forward to this!

7. Brandi says:

I’m glad to see an article about Community as well. It’s one of the best comedies on TV not only now, but ever. I love it. Abed is freakin’ amazing.

8. Becca says:

Troy and Abed are the best, and what is best about them is that it happened organically, since they were originally going to pair up Troy with Pierce. I love my Troy and Abed in the Morning coffee cup!!!

9. Becca says:

So excited for this! It’s a classic plot, but I’m sure Community will put a great new spin on it, as they always do. (And I’m also sure the power of Troy and Abed’s bromantic love will conquer all, as it should).

10. Scott says:

Troy and Abed are the new JD and Turk, only with more awesomeness.