TVLine Items: Details On Sarah Michelle Gellar's New Dual Role, and Other TV News to Know

Oh, happy day! Sarah Michelle Gellar is thismuch closer to returning to our TV lineup, and we finally have a few details on her potential new CBS vehicle, Ringer

Per EW.com, the upcoming thriller will star not one but two versions of SMG — can I get an Amen?! — as she’ll be portraying twin sisters. Don’t worry, this isn’t some superimposed, Adam and Stuart Chandler, shared-scene kinda thing.

Sarah Michelle Gellar Fronts CBS Drama Pilot

“[Ringer is the] point of view of two twin sisters who grew apart over a tragedy in their past,” pilot producer Peter Traugott reveals. “And one now seeks redemption and the other one seeks revenge. The sister who is seeking redemption has had a much more troubled life. When her fancy pants sister disappears, she takes over her life.” Sounds promising!

Here’s what else is happening today in the big wide world of television:

• CBS has moved up the premiere date of its cutesy new rom-com series Mad Love. Starring Sarah Chalke and Jason Biggs, the show will now debut, fittingly, on Valentine’s Day, Monday, February 14.

• Also in the land of CBS, The Talk has been renewed for the 2011-12 season.

Puff Daddy P. Diddy Diddy Dirty Money Sean Combs is set to guest star on an upcoming episode of Hawaii Five-0, CBS confirms. The media mogul will play an NYPD detective on a mission to avenge crimes against his family.

The Real Housewives of Orange County has added a fresh face this season, says Bravo, and the lady in question is — shocker! — another blonde beauty named Peggy Tanous.

• Monday’s episode of The History Channel’s Pawn Stars drew the largest ratings the network has ever seen with 7 million viewers, says Variety

• Well, it’s finally happened! After endless celeb-driven press conferences, Gloria Allred has landed her own syndicated courtroom series, We the People With Gloria Allred, reports The Hollywood Reporter.

Thoughts on today’s TVLine Items? Let us know in the comments!

Comments (8)

• I honestly did not expect the Talk to get renewed. Wow. Good for them.

Comment by Summer – January 26, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not surprised it got renewed, especially since Julie Chen is married to Les Moonves aka the big boss @ CBS

Comment by RaWeezy – January 26, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? Pawn Stars?? Why do I fear that this news will cause The History Channel to bring in more non-history shows and gradually fade out all the good programming that deals with actual history…

Bring back Tour of Duty! Now that was a great show.

Comment by Mcat – January 26, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so siked that SMG is looking to get back on television. Love her! Loved her on Buffy and loved her in Cruel Intentions. In fact the only thing that I have not loved her in is Scooby Doo! And need I say that she looks beautiful…more beautiful than ever. She may turn out to be my second favorite actress on television…first remaining Lauren Grahm…I know Ausiello, she’s yours but I love Grahm too!

Comment by PGP – January 26, 2011 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Ausiello left EW.COM to start his own website where he re-reports scoop found on ew.com? lame.

Comment by Jdogg – January 26, 2011 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH. I have never liked SMG. She can’t act, she isnt pretty and there is way too much evidence to suggest that she is a conceited, cold, self-righteous moron.

I won’t be watching. And not just because the show sounds craaaaap.

Comment by Haley – January 26, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So not looking forward to SarMiGeddon rejoining the land of the employed. Since Buffy ended I’ve really enjoyed being able to walk past any magazine stand and visit any entertainment/TV website I want without first being forced to wade through 600 photos of her to get to the stuff I actually give a crap about. Fingers crossed that her ridiculous-sounding show is cancelled quick smart. Or re-cast. I’d be happy enough if it was re-cast.

Comment by jelena – January 27, 2011 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually think the show sounds cool! I hope it gets picked up!

Comment by Amber – January 27, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post