Exclusive

Grey's Anatomy Exclusive: Kate Walsh Returns for March 31 Musical Episode!

In what can only be viewed as an ominous sign for that little bun in Callie’s oven, Private Practice heroine Kate Walsh is bringing her baby doc back to Grey’s Anatomy later this season, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Details are sketchy, but I’m told that Addison will be summoned to Seattle Grace in the March 31 musical-themed episode for the purpose of helping out with a medical crisis. You don’t need a PhD in Common Sense to figure out that the Code Red in question will likely involve Callie and Mark’s unborn tyke. And considering this is the much-talked-about musical episode, it’s also safe to assume that Callie’s calamity serves as the impetus for all the singing.

The good news? As I reported in Ask Ausiello, it’s my understanding that Callie will carry this baby to term. So consider your miscarriage fears all but squashed.

Thoughts? Looking forward to Addison’s reaction upon learning that her ex hooked up (and then some!) with a lesbian? Worried about what toll this fresh batch of drama will have on Calzona? Hit the comments!

1. Dawn says:

I love Addison, and i welcome her return to the program, I think someone who didn’t experience the shooting will have a different take on things

2. Dominique says:

No I’m not worried about what this will all do to Calzona, I’m worried about SLEXIE!! Remember, the other couple majorly affected by this news? Geez, I really wish people would remember that Lexie’s getting screwed once again.

• Phyllis says:

AMEN..STOP screwing poor sweet Lexie!! She loves Sloan SOOO much, and you know he is beside himself with his love for her…so let them be happy…for a while anyway!! Sick of Callie screwin’ everyone and it’s just ‘ok’ cuz she’s ‘BI’…pick a team already!! Let MERDER have a baby and live happily ever after…they’ve earned it!! And as for Addie coming back….she has a show…doesn’t she?? Why does Shonda feel these cross over shows are needed…doesn’t make it more interesting to me…and I don’t watch PP except for the last couple of weeks while the story was all about Charolette!! No HER I love!!! Bring her on Grey’s…now that would spice things up!!!

3. Leah says:

I’m so sick of these incestuous dramas. No where have I ever worked that everyone slept with everyone and everyone had, thought they had, or aborted everyone else’s babies, even the gay one.

4. Bi in MPLS says:

Why is everyone trying to label Callie as a lesbian? She obviously isn’t. She is obviously attracted to both men and women, making her bisexual. Callie, carry the hot, curvy torch for hot, curvy bi-women everywhere! I’d be happy to have Sara Ramirez holding our bi-standard high.

• atlashrugg says:

Really? Ahh, she’s a maladapted woman who sleeps with her BFF instead of actually dealing with being dumped, is supposed to be a brainy doctor and all but doesn’t bother to wear a condom with a known skank and this is the torch bearer for bisexuals?

Bisexuals need a better torch bearer.

• katie says:

Seriously, I couldn’t love you more right now.

5. Yvonne says:

First off, I was upset when Derrick chose Grey over Addie. Second I was glad that she got her own show and is trying to deal with her drama there. Third, I am not a big fan of Callie having a baby by Sloan because I like Sloan and little Grey’s mix. So, what would make me happy is that Addie brought the baby back to Private practice with her, so that Callie can deal with her lesbian issue and Sloan and little Grey can finally get there stuff together.

6. bernadette says:

I love having kate bak on greys. I miss seeing her on it. I think it will make the show more interesting.

7. Richyl says:

I saw this coming a million miles away but I’m very exicited! This is the only good thing to come out of theis baby mess.

8. Garvey says:

I am ok withAddison being on the show.

I DON’T want Callie and Mark to have a kid!!!! I want Mark & Lexie together!!!! Without any added BS

9. Harry says:

Why a Musical?~that’s one thing i cant stand~lol~is the whole show going to be a choir Class gone Bad?

10. lady says:

Forget Addison retuning to Grey’s, whats this mess about Grey’s being a musical?

11. Harry says:

and this kate episode JUST going to be a one time again thing RIGHT? I do not want her on the show all the time

12. Carrie says:

as long as she brings no friction with Derrick and Gray

13. SariB says:

I’m excited!!!!!! For those who haven’t seen Private Practice, Addison HAS moved on!!! She has been happily dating that other doctor! So there’s no reason as to why she will be bringing any “drama.” I love Kate Walsh <3 Addison! Yay!!!

14. atlashrugg says:

Miscarriage fears? Hell, it was my wish. What a crock this storyline is.

15. Lori says:

WOW! I can’t believe how many of you wish for Callie to lose the baby! Seems as though many of you forgot that after the hospital crisis, Arizona said she is open to having kids (makes sense though that Callie would be the one to carry it since she is the one that wanted a child so bad). It is physically IMPOSSIBLE for Callie and Arizona to procreate between the two of them so it really is quite fitting that Mark is the daddy since he and Callie are such good “friends”…AND…he really wants a baby too. Having a child together doesn’t mean they will have to be together romantically too…just means they will co-parent. He already lives across the hall.

As for Addie coming to SGH, I LOVE IT!! Thankfully it is just for one episode though cause I love her on PP! The canvas at Grey’s is way to crowded to be able to utilize Kate Walsh on a more permanent basis. I love Grey’s so it’ll be a nice treat to have Addison back to help.

• Trew says:

I’m speechless in a way. Based on what you said I guess all F/F couples should just find a BFF with benefits to knock one of them up since they are physically incapable of having children. Why bother with IVF when you’ve got a spare penis?

As for Addie, as messed up as she can be, I still miss her on Grey’s. I hate that storyline this is the reason she has to come back though.

16. Angela says:

Wow….Mark is really fertile.

17. Samantha says:

i dont watch private practice but i love greys… and as long as she is just coming back for callie and noone else then i guess im ok with it..

18. Isa says:

So I’m a huge fan of grey’s anatomy but honestly the plot is getting a little ridiculous!

19. Eleanor Cashman says:

Addison can’t stay away from Seattle Grace! Every season since she has left she comes back! :) I can’t wait!!

20. carly says:

i agree that addison had her time on greys and then moved on, and is on pp, but i stilll love the crossovers ! i dont care if its predictable or not, as previously mentioned i love these episodes !
    stirs up old memories and feelings, and i loved callie & addison’s friendship!

21. Bl says:

A musical? Really? -_-

22. Carrie says:

The is the LEAST suprp9rsing, most predictable news since..well, since the announcement of Callie’s baby. And OF COURSE Callie wasn’t going to miscarry, don’t you know Ausiello? The blood running down your thigh miscarriage, along with fertility issues, Alzheimer’s possibility’s and now apparently blindness is for Meredith Grey. She’s the character who bends over and grabs her ankles every week, no any of the other characters. So if there’s another baby to be lost in the future, a humongous tragedy, or just downright pain, always look for Meredith Grey because she’s Shonda Rhimes and the GA writers favorite punching bag. In terms of yet ANOTHER crossover (yawn) We predicted this (by “we” I mean almost ALL GA fans) Now that it’s confirmed it’s another LAME predictable crossover, (since apparently no good baby doctors exist in Washington State..LoL) And now with yet another GA spoiler most already predicted, you’ve just given me the green light NOT to be interested in this crossover in the slightest.

• Abby says:

Yep something unpredictable would be to just kill off Meredith. They should try that so us Mer fans will stop watching once and for all, right?

• Trew says:

Yup. I couldn’t agree more. Before this story line though I wouldn’t mind the crossover. This story line sapped all the enthusiasm out of me.

23. Dina says:

Isn’t it possible that Addison is there because Callie’s pregnancy is carrying more than one baby? Perhaps Callie will have a hard pregnancy because of multiples, not because the baby(ies) are sick. That would be an interesting plot.

24. alexB says:

OMG what if addison is coming back for MEREDITH’S baby??? wouldnt that be interesting!!! wouldnt be surprised though, grey’s loves to add juicy drama like that.

25. JustHere says:

Love Kate Walsh. Love Addison. A Grey’s/PrP cross over may be predictable but it is no less endearing. I always look forward to those crossovers.
    And people hoping for the fetus/baby to die in Callie’s womb are just disturbing in a very gross kind of way. If you care about the character at all, you’d know how devastated Callie would be if she lost the baby. And you care about life at all, why would you even wish for that? To lay the life of an innocent baby at the altar of your own gratification for the sake of a storyline is, well, just gross…

• katieo says:

You do realize you’re defending a fake made up baby.

• Phyllis says:

I don’t think ANY OF US would wish it on REAL people!!! DO you get that??? REAL PEOPLE!!! As for a story line on a FICTIONAL show….I could stand for her to NOT have a baby!! Does that REALLY make me sick…really?? See, cause I am disturbed by the fact that you think we are disturbed for trying to ‘re-write’ a fake show!! FAKE….The only one’s who should be having a baby RIGHT NOW is Derrick and Meredith…THEY have earned it!!!

26. k says:

seriously, a MUSICAL episode? of Grey’s anatomy? this is a medical drama folks, not Glee!

27. katieo says:

You know what a musical episode means…the show is getting old and running out of ideas. I hate that Callie is having marks baby. Him and Lexie are good together and this complicates everything…again.

28. Marlaina says:

I love hearing about the upcoming episodes but stop with the reruns already!

29. Timiojocoker says:

I love this

30. Sam harding says:

Ohhh please no, she bugs me and greys really dont need her :(

31. SD says:

Oh I love Addie and she’s going to be great on Grey’s!!!

32. ana says:

yes i need some drame on this show but i hope she dose not get Mark confused

33. alias says:

I hope they arent using kate walsh to try to amp up ongoing suspense with hopes of increase ratings, because she cant bring it. I never notice when she is on or not, she just blends in.
    Whatever happens callie and arizona just need to be back together, they are the funny cute couple that mesh together and it works.

• Lucy says:

Well Addison DOES bring the ratings, which is why there are crossovers and why Addison got her own spinoff. She certainly never blended in!!

34. hiway280z says:

Hey, can’t please everyone. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Of course you won’t like every character. It is a good show. A lot of brain washing for youth to watch as far as all the sex goes, in my opinion.

35. wendy says:

Kate/Addison really help put the spice into the show. Once she left, it slowly seem to loose ground. As more stars left or booted, I think it lost a lot of viewers. My opinion, there using Addison to bring viewer back to the show. It won’t work.

36. Jam Jam says:

I don’t have a prblem with Kate but they need to bring in a man for her and stop with the Meridith and dereck drama

37. Heather says:

:::Sigh::: does EVERY pregnancy on this show have to be dramatic and involve Addison? So unrealistic. Most pregnancies go about without any complications whatsoever. It gets old, is all.

38. Lynsey says:

This is a total rip-off from “Scrubs,” but I still look forward to it.

39. Lexi P. says:

Maybe Callie will give the baby to MerDer to adopt?! Could happen, you never know.

40. Jamie says:

Question.. I’m in love with the idea of Callie having a baby. Even marks. But aren’t him and lexi getting back together?? They confuse me. I’ll assume after baby news breaks they won’t me (considering she left him last time a love child was created).

41. Tiffany L. says:

I’m so not for a musical episode, maybe if the show was a comedy but seriously a musical? Soo lame. I’m glad Addison will be back and I hope Callies baby will be ok.

42. Rinat says:

I’m so damn happy for Addison’s return. Honestly she’s the best character in Grey’s and I do hope she’ll be back for good one day.

43. Leonie says:

It’s not only Callie who might be Addison’s patient….Meredith is trying to get pregnant so there might be something wrong with her if she gets pregnant in the next few episodes.

44. Diane says:

Addison’s jumping in out of bed with everyone that she meets is really getting silly now. Still love Grey’s but PP is getting boring. Everytime Addison looks at someone, you know she’s going to hop into bed…enough already!!!

45. amanda says:

Everyone is so concerned about Addison returning….my big question is what will this do to Mark & Lexi’s relationship. They JUST got back together! Come on Shonda Rhimes, I love them together. Don’t take them away from me!

46. Jess says:

Hooray! I was hoping Addy would be brought back with the baby storyline. Also, just because the baby is brought to term doesn’t mean long term baby story line. Knowing the Grey’s writers, they’ll bring in some other baby complication- miscarriage and abortion have been done, but I can’t remember any post-birth complications for parents on the show. We can’t trust them! Lol. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

47. Elena says:

Are they really struggling that much for story lines that they need to yo-yo her between shows? She’s good and all, but pick one and stick to it already!

48. Snickleboom says:

Callie IS NOT a lesbian. She’s bisexual. Sheesh… This pregnancy storyline is awesome. Its gonna be exciting. If Callie has a medical crisis with the baby it will hopefully bring her, Mark and Arizona closer together and realize what’s important in all their lives.

49. kim says:

I think it so interesting that everyone seems to zone in on how the baby will affect Calzona’s relationship….Mark is a part of this too…what about Lexie? Mark wanting a child was the reason they broke up in the first place, and now they are back together…..how is Lexie going to handle all this?

• Trew says:

No one is zoning in on C/A. This is all about Callie and Mark. Lexie and Arizona are just background figures, and Arizona never has a POV anyway, why would they start giving her one now?.

50. Phoebe says: