Lie To Me Posts Its Best Ratings In Over a Year

Fox enjoyed its most watched Monday night of the 2010-11 TV season to date, as House won the 8 o’clock hour and Lie To Me delivered its best numbers in well over a year.

House kicked off the night with an audience of 10.44 million total viewers, and a 3.7 rating in the 18-to-49 demo (up 6 percent week-to-week). Lie To Me in turn scored 7.66 million viewers (its best audience since October 2009) and a 2.4 rating (representing a 14-month high).

Lie To Me has only one episode left to air this season, next week’s Social Network-y “Killer App.” Hopefully this week’s surge will help the series earn a Season 4 pick-up.

Scoop! Lie To Me Spies Nikita Star For Facebook-y Storyline

Elsewhere on Monday night:

* Opposite the first hour of The Bachelor (9.2 million viewers), CBS comedy repeats and House, Chuck spied an audience of 6.2 mil and a 2 rating, which was on par with its week-ago numbers. (Raise your hand if, like me, you’re a superfan of brunette Sarah!) The CW’s 90210 was welcomed back by 1.7 million viewers.

* In the 9 o’clock hour, NBC’s The Cape hit a series low 1.6 rating, and netted 5.9 million viewers. Gossip Girl returned to an audience of 1.6 mil, shedding 6 percent of its lead-in.

* Harry’s Law and Castle shared bragging rights come 10 pm, with the NBC legal dramedy leading in total viewers (10.4 million) and the ABC drama copping better demos (with a 2.4 rating).

What was your programming of choice this Monday?

1. Gil says:

I hope they don’t cancel Lie To Me :(

2. natalia says:

Yay! I love Lie to Me.

3. Danielle says:

I was watching Chuck! I’d probably like a brunette Sarah more if the wig didn’t look so fake!

4. Ryan says:

I watched Lie to Me and I always do! Renew, renew, renew!

5. Cheery says:

Well what do you know, last night was actually one of the first times I stuck around to watch the show (after House) and it was pretty good.

What hooked me was that the actor portraying the intimidating cop father also played “Percy” in The Green Mile. Great movie for those who haven’t seen it. Great actor too.

6. Pascale says:

GO GO GO LTM !!!!!!!!!!!

7. FF says:

That’s great news. The Lie to Me finale next week supposedly has something of interest to Callian fans. This according to Tim Roth’s twitter. He’s such a tease. It’d be great if we could find out what it is, Matt. Hint, hint. ;)

8. Clo says:

CASTLE was amazing last night. Best episode of the series. Writing and acting were both phenomenal, even without the kiss. Add the kiss scene and I can’t get enough of this show.

9. Kris says:

Chuck,Lie to Me, and Castle. Runners up are House and Hawaii Five-O plus Cash and Cari on HGTV.

10. Allison N says:

Yay Lie To Me!!!! I hope this helps to get it renewed!

11. We watched Lie To Me live along with Harry’s Law and recorded Castle.

I’d love to see another season of Lie To Me, it’s got to be the best show just not enough people are watching! And also I like it a lot more this season with removing the FBI tie down. It’s opened up some really great cases.

• michael says:

Agreed. I love Mekhi Phifer, but Lie to Me has really hit its stride since dropping the FBI connection. Here’s hoping FOX gives us another season.

12. 3rdrocker says:

Extremely, extremely happy about Lie to Me*’s ratings boost!! I think it proves that people are still discovering this brilliant series. Hoping and praying that Fox will come to its senses and renew for season 4 (a FULL season!) and give the show the proper promotion it deserves. Personally, I think Fox is just yanking us fans around, playing mind games to test our dedication. I think we’ve passed with flying colors! I’m so proud to be part of this “very loyal” fan base! Have been since the beginning! :) Go, Lie to Me*!!

13. Radhika from NY says:

What an outstanding episode of “Lie To Me !”
    So much work and care goes into this series. And what a treat to watch *Brit TV* in the US.

I do not understand why Fox has refused to commit to a Season 4 when the show has just sparkled lately ? Does Fox want to fail and lose faithful viewers like me to the edgier Cable dramas ?

I also wonder what show will air next Monday at 8PM as a lead in to the Lie To Me Season Finale ? It really is such a nice fit with *House* and then *Lie To Me*… please tell me it isn’t going to be some moronic reality program ? This has me worried, and well, living in NY in the New Normal is worrisome enough.

Radhika

14. Gail says:

We watched LIE TO ME, & Castle last night. Great episode of LIE TO ME. I also think more & more people are just discovering this show & Fox needs to support it more through advertising. Can’t wait for LIE TO ME finale next week! Craving season 4!

15. catbean says:

Lie to Me* is an exceptional show and Tim Roth Is amazing. Fox should have put this behind American Idol year’s ago and it would be a consistent strong performer for them like House. I just hope Fox doesn’t lose it’s great shows because it is using 3 hours of real estate for The XFactor next fall. LtM has such great potential since it doesn’t do one type of show every week.

Human Target (another great show that has improved this year) leads LtM next week. I hope they both post good numbers so the Fox suits have some thinking to do.

16. Hilla says:

Lie To Me is just amazing!!! I sure hope it gets a 4th season!!

17. Kidder1969 says:

I hope Fox realizes what a great show Lie To Me is!! Ratings were up last night, and I love this show! It gets better and better. I hope LTM is renewed for an entire full Season 4!!! There is definitely a loyal fan base standing behind the show!

18. SeriouslyMary says:

Im sooo glad Lie to Me’s fan base all tuned into the episode last night because it was a terrific as Lie to Me always is!! I know many people do not watch televsions shows live but i believe last night showed that Lie to Me has a decent amount if true fans out there who are very dedicated to this unique and amazing show. To all the fans out there who love Lie to Me please tune in live to what looks to be an amazing finale of season 3 because i know you want to see this show get a season 4 !! In my opinion and 7.66 million other people and hopefully more i think we can all say Lie to Me is one extraordinary and plot twisting shows out there and all of us want to see it succeed !!! :)

19. LA says:

Lie To Me has gone downhill since Shawn Ryan left.

20. Mikaylah says:

I watched Lie to Me, Castle and Being Human. They were all wonderful. :)

21. dlferriola says:

Castle was fabulous with their 1st kiss-so hot. Best episode yet. DVR Harry Law which is a really good show.

22. John Berggren says:

I’m impressed by the viewers for Harry’s Law. The second episode wasn’t quite as incredible as the first, but I hope this one will be around for a while.

23. Sandra says:

i watched House and i luv it and then lie to me. but i also like himym and chuck but i watch those later.

24. Kristen says:

So, so excited that Lie To Me’s ratings went up! The best ratings in a year?! PAY ATTENTION FOX. SEASON FOUR. SEASON FOURRR.

25. Radhika from NY says:

catbean, thanks for the heads up about Human Target leading for the season finale of Lie To Me next Monday. One less thing to worry about.

But obviously, Fox, we need, want and support a Season 4. Isn’t tv about the viewers ? Or am I just naive ?

R.

26. PJL says:

Great episode of LTM. Love that Tim Roth tweets and posts photos when they are shooting. In fact, last night he tweeted that they won’t know until May if the show gets a season 4. That was an A+ episode of Castle. Best use of the entire cast in ages. Love both shows.

27. Rachel says:

This may sound silly – but what do the ratings mean? 1.6 rating for The Cape? 3.7 for House? I get that it’s correlated to viewership, but…what does it mean and why is it important?

28. peter says:

House’s 18-49 demo up a paltry 6% to 3.7 with overall audience numbers about the same.(allthough i think they lost viewers in the overall audience)
    With NO competition (considering CBS’s lineup was all repeats) would have thought there was an opportunity to do much better. Maybe the final numbers will go up a tenth but still not much there there. It`s not really a reason to party.

But Yeah for Lie to me. Last episode was amazing, good writing,good acting and directing.Tim Roth is awesome. I hope too that Fow will renew it.

29. Midori says:

BOOOOO!!!

Lie to Me needs to Die so Fringe can live!

• catbean says:

I love them both as well as Bones, House, Glee and Human Target. It’s not about the death of one of these great scripted series, it’s about Fox wasting so much real estate on reality programming (AI & XFactor). That’s what we should all be booing.

30. Suzanne says:

Love, love love Lie to Me!!! It must be renewed.

31. Griffin says: