Exclusive

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: Will GH Beauty Derail Barney/Robin Reunion?

How I Met Your Mother loyalists hoping Barney and Robin will be unmasked as the mystery bride and groom later this season may be out of luck: Former General Hospital nurse Nazanin Boniadi is joining the CBS hitcom as a love interest for Neil Patrick Harris’ cad-about-town.

According to a Mother insider, Boniadi will appear in multiple episodes as Sarah. Sorry, but that’s where the character description begins and ends.

Boniadi’s GH alter ego, Nurse Leyla, was introduced in the 2007 SoapNet spinoff Night Shift. After that show’s cancellation, the actress continued playing the role on the mothership until her character’s untimely death in 2009. Boniadi’s credits also include guest spots on 24, The Deep End and HawthoRNe.

Reaction to Boniadi’s Mother of a new gig? Do you think Sarah will be a serious threat to, um, Rorney? Hit the comments! BTW, HIMYM is back with new episodes this Monday at 8 pm!

1. sonya says:

NOOOOO!!!! I love robin/barney…. NOOOO!!!!

• Jacoby says:

It is Nora… In the episode where Barney and his dad go fishing his dad says that settling down is a CHALLENGE and that you have to meet the right girl. Barney then says that he met her already. Then in the season 6 finale he sees Nora and immideately is smitten. Barney asked her to have coffe (which in the episode means that your trying to get back together,, according to robin) she agrees to coffe and at the end she says its never to late. and barney then says “Challenge Accepted” and it then shows the ending scene of Lily saying (Best man your being summoned by the groom) and it then shows barney as the groom. it is barney and nora because ted is supposed to be robins best man, and it shows ted talking to his kids about robins crush (guy at the clothing store) the guy says that girl got engaged, so thats the end of that. Then ted says, its not, but more on that later.
      NORA… BOOOM

2. klutzy_girl says:

Ugh, I already irrationally hate her. GET OUT.

And by the way, it’s BroTP, not Rorney.

3. Sean says:

Night Shift was on for 2 seasons, but Nazanin wasn’t part of the second season.

4. furiousk says:

I think I know what’s going to happen in the rest of the season: Barney finds his dad, feels compelled to get married and start a family, hooks up with this chick, and we get to the mystery wedding, which Robin will probably interrupt a la The Graduate. The end.

• Beth says:

You forget, Ted’s college roommate asked him to be his best man, so it’s safe to assume that he and his fiancee are the bride and groom of the wedding in the first episode and (presumably) the season finale.

• EM says:

Yes – since he asked him to be the best man I have figured that was what that scene was about.

• SusieQ says:

One detail EVERYONE seems to forget- Marshall was also in the wedding party. Same tux/buitonierre as Ted. Why would Punchy have Marshall be in his wedding??? Punchy asking Ted was just a red herring.

5. Casey says:

…There’s supposed to be a mystery bride and groom? Haha, why am I just now hearing about this? I suck, haha. But if that’s the case, this is gonna suck. I adore Barney and Robin together. She was the only girl he really loved. It’d be a shame to mess that up.

6. katelin says:

i have a feeling the mystery wedding is ted’s old roommate, they’ve definitely introduced that as an option so far. and i think a love interest for barney would be awesome, robin and barney were cute but not made to last. anyhoo that’s just my two cents.

• Dale says:

i completely agree, we know ted is the best man at the guys wedding, and from the what we have seen of the wedding, it is not in NYC as there is no church with a lawn in that area. And although it can just be outside the city if it was barneys and robins wedding then marshall would of been nervious too

7. tanya says:

Why anyone thinks the mystery couple is Barney and Robin is beyond me. I think it’s pretty clear that the wedding is between that high school friend of Ted’s and that guy’s fiance (IE: the guy that Ted is best man for).

• Anna says:

Except for the fact that Ausiello posted a blind item that was revealed to be about How I Met Your Mother. And it stated that we’d have a wedding that he was pretty sure we’d never get to see. That doesn’t fit Ted’s high school friend. It does fit Barney and/or Robin.

• yourstruly says:

You’re totally right. I was bummed when I realized the wedding would be between Ted’s friend Punchy and his girlfriend (why else would they keep bringing Punchy back?), but I’m not giving up on Barney and Robin.

• RandomComment says:

Eh, I don’t think this means anything. I’m sure Barney will date her or whatever, and this will be another red herring for the possible wedding that Ted meets the mother at, but I really doubt they’re going to put Barney with anyone permanently this far away from the end of the series. I do want him with Robin eventually, but not right now.

As for the mystery wedding, I don’t really know why people assume it’s Punchy’s wedding. Is it a possibility? Yeah, of course, but it’s not really any more or less likely than any other option people have mentioned. Why do people assume that the wedding from “Big Days” happens this season? And if Punchy’s wedding actually happens this season, I would be shocked if Ted met the Mother then. They probably have two more seasons after this one before the show ends, and I doubt they would introduce her with that much time left. Not to mention that it would be a stretch for Marshall to be a groomsman in Punchy’s wedding.

8. Lauren says:

Ugh. Horrible actress…..and we have to stomach her for more than one episode?!

9. JJ says:

Agreed with many of the above commenters – the mystery wedding is Punchy’s. All signs point to that being the wedding in question.

10. s says:

I dont think it will be punchy’s because marshall was dressed the same as ted, so he is also in the wedding party. Also ted promised Robin to be her best man as well. And neither Barney or Robin were shown in the wedding scene. Not so far fetched now?

11. d says:

She was horrible on General Hospital. Why was she hired? Ugh!

12. barney says:

HIMYM won’t be back this monday. It’ll be back on 02-07-11.

13. sweetiepie1019 says:

Yes, it’s probably Punchy’s, but a certain blind items and Ask Ausiello’s way back when *coughwhat’supwiththatAusiellocough* has kept the possibility of a Barney/Robin wedding alive. Not to mention, Robin DID ask Ted if he’d be her best man this season. But of course the closer the end of the season gets, the less likely it becomes. Whatever the case, I’ll live if they don’t end up married, but I’d like them back together at some point. And if a new interest for Barney helps in some way … you never know. Jealousy is always a helpful TV romance motivator.

14. John says:

I thought Barney and Robin’s couple name was Swarkles.

15. aman says:

Anyone who watched GH knows what a horrible actress this chick is.

16. hmanroe says:

I think the mystery wedding is Rachael Bilson’s to her girlfriend. She asks Ted to be her best man, and her roommate, who I think is The Mother, will be there, and that’s where they finally meet.

• Erin says:

Precisely. I thought this was implied during the episode where we saw the wedding. I didn’t think there was any ‘mystery’ to it. Why else would Rachel Bilson’s roommate be at the wedding? Punchy isn’t likely to know her.

• brandy says:

Why on earth would she ask a guy she briefly dated to be her best man???

• Jennifer says:

I thought it was already determined that the girlfriend WAS the roommate?

• Jeanne says:

Nope, the roommate, whom Ted has yet to meet, is the mother. Rachel Bilson’s girlfriend was some other girl she knew.

17. Lime says:

@John – I always thought it was Robarney…but I think I’ll be using Swarkles from now on! Awesome.

Also, are we sure that this new gal will be a love interest? Maybe Barney hits on her, but she turns out to be his sister! It’s entirely possible and it would be interesting to see Barney interact with a sibling that’s not James (fabulous though he might be). Thoughts?

18. Jenny says:

As much as I would love to see Robin and Barney back together, it is clear that Robin is marrying Don at the end of the season. I’ve been watching reruns since our mega-ice storm two weeks ago, and the show is very self-referential and drops big hints all the time about what’s to come. I gots a feeling it’s gonna be Robin and Don.

I also kind of wish the Mother ends up being Victoria.

• brandy says:

LOL

I think you’re watching the wrong season(s).

• KRR says:

@Jenny- I completely agree with you there. But to be honest, I think Barney’s going to find someone unexpectedly and it’ll change his aspect on life. Just my idea though. :) And yes, I loved Robin & Don. They were so right for each other! And me? I wanted Victoria to come back since the first time I started watching her.

19. Dominique says:

Oh wow, this woman is gonna piss off ANOTHER group of Robin fans. As if being the one who broke up Scrubs on GH wasn’t enough yet, she’s now gonna come between Robin and Barney. The woman is in for a whole lotta outrage lol.

20. Noooooooo! says:

What the FRAK! I was really hoping it would be Barney and Robin’s Wedding :( I was fearing that it would be Robin and that guy that she didn’t take a job for and then he took it… (name is a blank)… (I hated that guy)…(Nerd face) Anyway I’m hoping it ends up being Ted’s old friend if it isn’t Robin and Barn. And like a previous poster noted I hate this chick already!

21. V says:

The real question is: will the character of Sarah be Lebanese? =D

22. brandy says:

Although I am BroTP all the way (Swarkles? Robarney? Where do you people get this stuff), anyone who thought they’d be the two getting married was just in denial. No way could the writers realistically go from the horrible mess they created last season all the way to the altar in one season. Plus, they’ve all but told us that it’s Punchy’s wedding anyhow.

I have no doubt that Robin and Barney will find their way back together, but I’d much rather the writers do it right this time, and not give us another heaping pile of doodoo.

Also, I have been loving every appearance by Punchy. I’m glad he’s been around so much this season.

• John says:

What does BroTP even mean?

• Lime says:

I had to look it up on Urban Dictionary. One True Pairing. Meaning the your favorite combination of characters in a fandom. So because Robin and Barney are bros, it’s BROTP. You say bro tee pee. I don’t think I can get used to it. Of course I’m not a fanfic writer either…

• Lime says:

It’s funny, I’ve seriously NEVER heard of BroTP until today! Robarney is what they call the pairing on EOnline, and I guess that’s just what stuck in my head. I do like Swarkles though – “Swarley” is one of my favorite episodes so it cracks me up.

23. Jenny says:

I love Barney and Robin!!! This makes me sad.

24. Putri says:

No!!! I hate her already. Barney and Robin PLEASE.

25. Jon says:

Yes, anything to get rid of that annoying Robin.

26. Blake says:

Night Shift lasted 2 seasons, FYI. The actress was only on one season though.

27. jeffrey bryan says:

Am I the only one who remembers Barney’s obsession with Lebanese girls?

28. B says:

The show would completely die if Barney and Robin got married. Barney and his antics as a bachelor are basically what run the show at this point. I’m sure the series will end with Robin and Barney together, but a marriage at this point? The people who want that aren’t taking into account how drastically that scenario would change the show.

• Stacy says:

I mostly agree, why I think there is a lot mote to love about the show then Barney. If he & Robin got married it would change too much. I do think they’ll end up together, but like you said at the end of the series. Also, I don’t see either them actaully getting married-maybe just living together

• alex says:

i really want to see robin and barney get married. you see ted started with him meeting robin so maybe him meeting robin is some sort of key for him to meet the mom. dont you think it is quite more logical if the mother and ted meets at robin’s wedding. robin and barney’s would be better

29. Malene says:

Still think there is a pretty good chance on it being Barney and Robin who are getting married. Way back when, Ausiello said :
    1. “At the end of next season, a couple on a successful show we’re obsessed with will be getting hitched.”
    2. it’s a mindblower
    3. it’s a wedding he thought we would never see
    4. It’s a bride and groom
    And he later confirmed that the show was How I Met Your Mother.

To me, the “a couple on a successful show” suggest that it is a couple we already know of and therefore not Sarah and Barney, though 2 and 3 would def. fit with Barney. Maybe they fake it to look like Sarah and Barney getting married (shot from behind I guess the actress could look like Robin?), but then in the last seconds reveal the bride to be Robin as a cliffhanger?

• Jeanne says:

He revealed it was HIMYM? When? Sorry I didn’t keep up with that blind item…
      Ahhh well that’s exciting then! I really hope it’s Robin and Barney. Even if Barney hooks up with this Sarah girl, it’s highly unlikely he’d MARRY her. I honestly have faith in Robin and Barney eventually ending up together, even if that’s not their wedding.

30. Christina says:

Isn’t it Rachel Bilson’s roommate, and her wedding to another woman? I thought that was how it all played out?

31. shuayb702 says:

I agree with the person who said that punchy asking Ted to be best man is a red herring. We all know that or should have figured out by now that Robin and Barney end up together. And thats the wedding where he finds the mother. And remember the first episode of the season. It was raining. The yellow umbrella has to pop up here!

32. Red Ramshackle says:

I’m thinking more and more that Punchy was just a red herring. If the Mother is there, it can’t be Barney and Robin’s wedding. Why would they invite her? Punchy having a random connection to her would make more sense than Barney or Robin.

33. redreh says:

*sigh*

At first, I thought the wedding was Robin and Barney’s. Then, we met Punchy, and I was like, Oooh, it’s Punchy’s. THEN Robin asked Ted to be her Best Man, and I was like, ‘O, writers. Well played.”

Truth is it could be either. Obviously I want the BRomance.

But why does everyone keep saying the wedding must happen at the end of this season? I don’t know where this information came from–am I missing a rumor or something? Because, to my knowledge, the wedding could be at any time. If it’s Punchy’s, it’ll happen sooner. But, if the wedding we saw in Episode One IS Barney and Robin’s, who says it’s at the end of this season? Could be the end of next season, the beginning of next season, the middle of next season…
    As long as they take their time this round, I’m all for the BrOTP.

34. Mathis says:

Doesn’t anyone remember that barney and robin make a bad couple? People seem to forget that went bad for the characters… They pointed out that they where too similar… that they where both Alpha dogs in the relationship… and that’s ultimately why they didn’t work out… yeah it’s nice to hope for but if they wrote an episode where they got back together… that would just be a repeat… and if you want to see that again… buy the dvd…

35. nisa says:

Barney and Robin are perfect together. I believe they will end up together! And wth? Rorney? BROTP FOREVER!

36. hhh says:

NOOOO! if Barney does not end up single. he has to end up with robin! its either one. single barney or robin barney not with some other girl!! nooooooooooo

37. Lauren says:

Does Robin still need a green card?

38. Audrey says:

I think the wedding that’s in the flash forward, is not necessarily the wedding in the season finale. I’m guessing that particular wedding is a couple yrs into the future, so the one this season could very well end up being Punchy’s.
    I’m ambivalent towards this new girl, she could be the catalyst that’s desperately needed for us to see some jealousy/feelings on Robin’s part since the whole BrOTP thing was terribly one sided. Overall, I’m not too worried, and I have no doubt that they will get back together eventually.

• sonya says:

i agree that the wedding that we have seen could be a couple years down the road, because thats where Ted says that he meets the mother. I doubt we would get to meet her this season (Im pretty sure the show has been renewed for at least another year).

39. tamy_cro says:

It’s NOT Punchys wedding! Two main reasons:
    1. In episode Lucky Penny (season 2) Ted said that destiny wanted him to stay in NY because if he hadn’t he would have never met the mother. And Punchys wedding will be in Cleveland.
    2. In the first episode of season 3 Ted says: Kids you know the short story of how I met your mother..and then we see the famous yellow umbrella on the street in NY…so..LAWYERED!
    And one more thing..if you look closely at that church in episode 1 you will see that it looks a lot like the church in episode False positive, the one in which Jameses dad is a minister.

40. ed says:

BARNEY a womenizer has a feelings for ROBIN looks cute..my vote goes for BARNEY AND ROBIN

41. Shreyasi says:

I liked Nora. and now I don’t. It has to be Robin. Has to be. :|

42. John says:

Ironic comment from the Sausage King of Chicago.