Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on House, The Office, Glee, NCIS, 90210, Bones and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? You can send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: House fans are worried about all these Huddy breakup rumors swirling around the show. Got any good news to cheer us up? —Erin
Ausiello:
I’ve got potentially good news, which may or may not be related to Huddy: Wedding bells will ring at or near season’s end.

Question: Something on NCIS, please! —Sara
Ausiello:
Sasha Alexander’s dead agent is returning! Kind of, but not really! Allow me to explain: This season’s clip-heavy 14th episode revolves around the stressed-to-the-max team being forced into therapy. During their individual sessions, Gibbs & Co. flash back to some of their most emotionally taxing cases — Kate’s death obviously being at the top of the list.

Question: Is Callie’s pregnancy going to stick? I really don’t want to have to endure another Grey’s Anatomy miscarriage storyline. —Ana
Ausiello:
It’s my understanding that this one will stick.

Question: Can you tell us anything about the Grey’s Anatomy musical episode? —Ana
Ausiello:
I got my hands on a partial song list: Among the tracks being covered by the cast are The Fray’s “How to Save a Life” and Snow Patrol’s “Chasing Cars.” In related news, this episode will either be a show-stopping triumph or a spectacular failure. There can be no in between.

Exclusive: Look Who’s Returning to Grey’s Anatomy!

Question: It’s my birthday in a few weeks, and there would be no greater present then finding out that Will Arnett is replacing Steve Carell on The Office. Is there any chance of this happening? —Rose
Ausiello:
Arnett would be perfect for the job, but I haven’t heard his name bandied about at all. Happy Birthday! Speaking of Dunder Mifflin’s succession plans, amid all the fan speculation about who’ll be taking the reins later this season (It’s a new character! It’s an old character! It’s a current character!), there’s one scenario that no one seems to be talking about. And they should be. Think, people, think!

Question: Please, do you have any Castle scoops? —Christi
Ausiello:
In an upcoming episode, newbie couple Esposito and Lanie will go on a double date with Ryan and Jenny — and to say the fellas’ better halves do not hit it off is putting it mildly.

Question: Any new Castle scoop? —Daniel
Ausiello:
SUPER-SIZED SCOOP: Piter Marek is joining the cast for a two-episode arc! [Crickets] OK, maybe that’s more of a medium-sized scoop. Anywhoo, the actor — best known as Willie’s Season 4 blackmailer on Ugly Betty — will appear in the upcoming two-parter starring Heroes‘ Adrian Pasdar. His character is described as a “resourceful entrepreneur who strives to look as American as possible.”

Question: Got anything on The Big C? Will the late, great Marlene be back next season — perhaps as a ghost? —Janet
Ausiello:
TVLine’s Megan Masters recently put that question to exec producer Jenny Bicks, to which she responded emphatically, “Marlene’s not gone!” That noise you hear is Laura Linney’s Cathy dusting off her Ouija board.

Question: There seems to be some confusion about when the big “Booth/Brennan Elevator Episode” will air on Bones. Care to clear things up for us? —Nick
Ausiello:
It’s No. 6.16, it’s scheduled to air March 3, and according to EP Stephen Nathan, “It’s going to be gooooood.” (Last time Nathan used that many O’s… um… has he ever used that many O’s? I don’t believe he has.)

Question: When will Hannah leave Bones? Please say soon. —Lexie
Ausiello:
According to a little birdie whose name rhymes with Peevin Rathen, there will be a “very big” turning point for Booth and Hannah in the Feb. 10 episode; interpret that as you like. Coincidentally, that’s the same episode David Boreanaz delivers one of the best performances of his career, per that same little birdie.

Question: Any scoop about Hellcats? —Luca
Ausiello:
They’re going to Nationals, baby! But there’s a catch. “We won’t see them competing this season,” reveals Aly Michalka (Marti). “We’ll pick up with [the competition] next season. It’s a really great way to open up our second season. It also leaves you on a massive cliffhanger.”

Question: After this week’s Reid-centric episode of Criminal Minds, I need some major scoop! Is Reid OK? Matthew Gray Gubler isn’t leaving, is he? —Brandi
Ausiello:
I don’t think Gubler is going anywhere. There’s little to no discussion of Reid’s headaches in the next batch of episodes, and no news is good news, right? Meanwhile, I have a hunch Paget Brewster’s swan song will play out around Episode 17 or 18 when a dangerous criminal from Prentiss’ past breaks out of jail and goes hunting for her.

This Just In: 90210 Cuts Two Series Regulars

Question: How are the producers of The Event handling the season finale, considering they probably won’t know about a second season when they shoot it? Will they be wrapping up the alien arc, or will it end on a cliffhanger? —Charlie
Ausiello:
The final episode will “complete the story of the first season,” says exec producer Evan Katz, “while setting up a radically different condition in the world for the second season — in the hopes that there is one.”

Question: On a scale of 1 to 10 — 1 being extremely unsure and 10 being almost obnoxiously confident — how sure are you that Parenthood will be back for a third season? —Kellen
Ausiello:
I’m at about an 8, aka cautiously very confident and optimistic. I hear new NBC prez Bob Greenblatt is a huge fan of the show and desperately wants it to succeed, which pretty much makes him my new best friend.

Question: If the answer to last week’s Smallville asterisk quiz is Martha Kent that’s l*me. We all know she’s returning. —Jesse
Ausiello:
It is not, I repeat not, Martha Kent. I agree, that would’ve been la*e.

Question: Josh Schwartz keeps warning fans on Twitter not to miss the “last 10 minutes of next week’s Chuck” and I’m start to get worried. Please put my mind at ease. —Chris
Ausiello:
Would it help if I had Schwartz offer up a one-word description of the episode’s much-buzzed-about final act? No? Too bad. I already asked him. And the word is… Goosebumps! Last one to post a theory in the comments section has to buy me a Snapple six-pack.

Question: More Ashley Fink on Glee, please! Any idea what her first big solo is? —Rose
Ausiello:
A major clue can be found in the video player below!

Loading video...

Question: What’s coming up with Teddy on 90210? —J Spigner
Ausiello:
Just a Feb. 21 field trip to a local gay bar with Dixon. And Liam. And Navid.

Question: Can you give me info on The Cape — preferably something juicy? —Hector
Ausiello:
Things could get a bit circus freaky for Vince when Raia (played by Izabella Miko) grows ever curious about just what lies beneath his cape. “She has a very strong crush on Vince — and there are plans to have that crush tilt into obsession,” series creator Tom Wheeler told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich. “We have big plans for Raia.”

Question: Any Good Wife scoop? —Marissa
Ausiello:
Kalinda isn’t the only female character hiding a deep, dark and potentially career-ending secret. Yeah, you heard me.

Question: Where on Earth did Kitty go on Brothers & Sisters? Is Calista thinking of leaving the show? —Gus
Ausiello:
Flash back to Jan. 26, 2010: Then-Entertainment Weekly staffer Michael Ausiello reports that Calista Flockhart will work a reduced schedule during Season 5. Cut to one week ago: Gus submits a question to Ask Ausiello inquiring about Calista Flockhart’s temporary leave-of-absence. Cut to present day: Michael Ausiello throws up his hands and screams, “I give up.”

Question: I haven’t heard any scoop on Modern Family in the longest time! You’ve got to know something! —Junior
Ausiello:
Lilly’s second birthday brings Shelley Long’s demarbled matriarch back to town. “I invite DeDe to come stay with us, and of course hilarity — and disaster — ensues,” Jesse Tyler Ferguson tells Mitovich. “She actually brings back with her Claire’s old boyfriend from high school (played by Matt Dillon)” — now DeDe’s boy toy! “She’s trying to turn a corner and remain a little more stable, but within the 22 minutes of our sitcom you will watch her crumble.”

Question: How about a Supernatural spoiler? —Kriya
Ausiello:
The Grim Reaper will set his sights on two recurring characters in the not-too-distant future.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing!

1. Sarah says:

Thank you for the Castle scoop! It is my favorite show and I thought this week’s episode was one of the best episodes of television this fall season. Keep the spoilers coming!

I’d love more scoop on Community and The Vampire Diaries, as well. Thanks, Michael!

2. vanessa says:

Chuck always has great suprises. Can’t wait for the next one!

3. Susan says:

Papa Bartowski is back (I hope!) “Aces Charles”…..

4. dock says:

i am sorry to break all of your clois’s harts but a crew member i know from smallville told me they did a scene a week ago for a eps callied scion were clark and tess had a make out scene in the hopes that lionle luthor would catch them so they could trick him in to belive’n it was clark luthor but it was not lionle who saw it but lois and she broke up with clark and the crew member also told me conner kent is coming and that clark and tess are going to try and be a mother and farther to him in the hopes that he turns out good and he also told me there will be no wedding not in the budget for smallville sorry to the clois fans i guess we will hav’t to become cless fans now i hope it is not true but this person i know is very reliabale scorce.

5. Joyce says:

House wedding:
    I don’t think there will be a Huddy wedding on House. Not at this stage anyway. This wedding could be Thirteen related. Since she is coming back and will probably not be back on the team but have another storyline. I just hope it’s not a 13/Foreman wedding, because I hated them as a couple. Their whole relationship was about competing with each other on the team and having sex. They were for sure never in love. They were an awful awful couple. Thirteen & Chase had a few cute scenes in end of season 6, but since Wilde left to do movies they never got to the relationship state, which is sad because I think they would have been a cute couple, because Chase just needs someone he can love and Thirteen needs someone who loves her without constantly wanting to compete with her ion the job. Or maybe Chase finds a fresh new love or Wilson has a wedding no.4 or would that be no.5 for him?!
    My theory is that Thirteen comes back pregnant, the father will be a mystery and she will ask someone to marry her so that her child will have someone in case she dies.

• Audrey says:

I think there is a good chance it will be Foreteen too. DS doesn’t care how popular the pairing is he puts together like the fans do. And if it fits the storyline I can see him doing it. Or James Wilson serial husband, rescuer of needy women will marry. They could introduce someone new for him or have Sam come back.

6. Candice says:

House/Cuddy there is no way that will ever work I think we all know that its got to be Wilson

7. Big C and Bones Fan!! says:

this is just made my day!!! Hannah (hate her guts) leaving bones and Marlene coming back (happy dance)

8. Hector says:

Its the guy who played Zod

9. ebowers says:

I think I have figured it out. What if Cuddy contracts a deadly disease and She is worried about what will happen to Rachel if she dies.

She tearfully asks House to marry her and adopt Rachel so that she won’t go into foster care. He thinks about it and eventually agrees to adopt Rachel and care for her as if she were his own. They have a quickie wedding while she is in her hospital bed and they are legally married HOWEVER,!!!!!!!

But Cuddy doesn’t DIE it is just a bad cold and she lives and she and House are married and decided that they like it.

Is that Housian enough for you?

• sKutner says:

erm, no? I still don’t believe they’ll get married. But if they do, what’s the point? It will end miserably because the guy who runs the show said so. Honestly, I don’t really care who marries. This show is about despair and misery punctuated by brief respites only to go forward with more pain. I don’t really think a marriage on this show matters one iota. So why get worked up over it? It’s all meaningless.

• Aaron says:

Yes. HOUSE, stripped bare of temporary distractions like this wedding, in its essence is all about emptiness and death. A slow, plodding death until the final big one.

• amptone says:

I don’t think it matters either. Regardless of which character it is it ends the same. That’s the whole underlying theme of the show. Life is miserable and meaningless and then you die.

10. Jeremy says:

David Brent replaces Michael Scott. Perfect.

11. Felish says:

Does anyone think maybe it will be one of the characters from the UK version, but NOT David Brent?

12. JDHetherington says:

Person returning to Smallville – Callum Blue (Zod). If he did an asterisk clue with only 3 letters it would have been a little obvious :) He’ll be returning for an episode within the last 5 episodes of Season 10.

13. JoshP says:

I know this is a long shot and all, but do you know if there is any chance that Smallville might return for a Season 11, or possibly as Metropolis?

• JDHetherington says:

Very little chance. But spin-off’s i think are always possible. Green Arrow. Supergirl. Justice League. Aquaman. Legion. Justice Society. Black Canary. Martian Manhunter.

Green Arrow could happen, though with all the stuff we’ve gotten on Oliver’s background and future, he’s essentially been a co-feature in Smallville. So one has to think “SHOULD it happen?”

Supergirl could have a chance, if Laura Vandervoort was available and V was cancelled, or filmed during the mid-season and hiatus’. She’s only appeared in 14 episodes of Smallville, with an additional episode coming up, so she’s pretty unexplored teritory.

Justice League SHOULD happen. They can fold Green Arrow into it, with Black Canary (Alaina Huffman has expressed desire to do a Justice League spin-off), Aquaman (Alan Ritchson seems keen to reprise his role), Impulse/Flash (Kyle Gallner always seems willing to come back.), Martian Manhunter (Phil Morris also always seemed willing to return, so much that I’m disapointed we haven’t heard anything yet about him returning), and maybe cast Green Lantern (Though making it Kyle Rayner instead of Hal Jordan due to the current movie. I know people could also suggest Guy Gardner, but he was in the failed tv movie, and John Stewart was the main Green Lantern in the DC Animated Universe, plus Hal Jordan seems to be the regular DC Comics Original Animated Movies Lantern.) Maybe use Watchtower (If Cassidey Freeman is willing to return), and Zatanna (If she can work around her schedule for the Prison Break related show she’s doing she could be a 13 episode regular like pretty much every regular after the original Season 1 cast. Excluding Jensen Ackles and later increases.), and Stargirl and Cyborg in recurring roles.

Other spin-offs like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary are also possibilities Miles Millar and Alfred Gough filmed an Aquaman pilot, and Kelly Sounders and Brian Peterson made a comment once about a Martian Manhunter detective series. And Alaina Huffman is available now that Stargate Universe is cancelled, so seeing Black Canary could be a blessing considering every episode she’s been in has been with someone else who’s returning or leaving, it might give her a chance to really shine.

14. Justz says:

The scoop on The Good Wife was not as specific as I would like to, any ideias in who is the other person?

15. Steven Funk says:

Disappointed in 90210 and Teddy’s gay storyline. Just started watching after hearing about it. If it was supposed to be his first time with this guy, they kissed at the party, left and then you don’t see Teddy till the end of the episode at the beach. I had higher hopes but it’s like the original in that regard.

16. Meggs says:

Definitely need some GOSSIP GIRL and BIG BANG THEORY scoop this upcoming week! HELP

17. NCISexy says:

The NCIS team being forced into therapy? This sounds AMAZING! I am really trying to picture Gibbs lying on a couch opening up, and I just cannot see it, but maybe I will come 8.14.

Issues I am hoping to see dealt with in this episode:

- Kate’s death [& Ziva having to kill Ari]
    - Jenny’s death [Gibbs' unresolved feelings for her, DiNozzo's guilt]
    - SOMALIA! [Tony's and Ziva's issues]
    - TIVA!!! [Miami Man? Rule #12? Rivken? PARIS?]
    - The Jeanne/La Grenouille fiasco [I am a little iffy on this one]

18. Berkeley says:

Huddy shouldn’t break up. House and Cuddy are a perfect couple.

19. robert says:

I can’t ake the tease anymore, give us Smallville, who is coming is it one of these characters. #1. DOOMSDAY, Darkseid, ZOD, Lex Luthor real and/or clone, Martha Knet, Johnathan Kent, Supergirl, Zatanna who is it. . . . . Justice Leagur, Justice Society, Legion, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle. . .. . . . who is it. awwwrwrr

20. John P. says:

I was looking forward to this week’s episode with Candace Bergen, but why do they ruin it by interjecting so much Cuddy? Alright, they are exploring the mother daughter relationship, but Ms. Edelstein cannot carry a scene in a suitcase, let alone the bulk of an episode. Mr. Laurie and Ms Tamblyn were great together and separately, and even the character of Taub showed a minor backbone, but one-expression Cuddy simply ruined the episode, which on storyline value had little to offer.