Exclusive

Scoop! Queer As Folk Heartthrob Stirs Up Trouble for Mike & Molly

This is a casting scoop about a baker, so prepare for heaping servings of delicious wordplay.

Robert Gant has landed a role on CBS’s hit freshman comedy, Mike & Molly, TVLine has learned. An alum of such shows as Queer As Folk (where he played Professor Ben Bruckner) and Popular, he will guest-star as Kyle, a bakery boss who is very sweet on Molly.

Mike gets wind of Molly’s never-divulged relationship with Kyle when he happens into a conversation with the handsome gent during a visit to Molly’s (hmmmm) “favorite bakery.”

But there’s more to Molly’s past with Kyle then I’m letting on. That reveal, which triggers all kinds of anxiety in Mike, is just icing on the cake — as is another bombshell about why the onetime lovebirds ultimately put a fork in their romance.

Gant appears in this season’s 16th episode. Mike & Molly airs Mondays at 9:30/8:30c.

1. Troy says:

What a bunch of fatties. This show sucks, I hope it gets canceled.

2. Amanda says:

I hope things get better at this show, cause it’s nice, but not really good. Maybe this can spice things a little bit, maybe…

• Agnès says:

I agree with you, I like the show but it’s not awesome. Maybe this will help get it a little bit more interesting?

3. xwiseguyx says:

best new show of the year sounds like it’s getting even better!

4. John Berggren says:

Not my favorite show by far, but certainly good. I love to see Robert Gant in anything, so I’ll be very excited by his presence. Someone needs to get him a new Showtime series STAT.

5. Amanda says:

I do watch this, but it’s really not as funny as I hoped. I wonder if they broke up because the baker is a “feeder.” HA!

6. Sal F says:

This show is consistently funny. I love the leads but even all of the supporting cast are very funny in their roles. I look forward to Robert Gant’s role on this show. I sincerely hope it is renewed for a second season as I will be mighty ticked if it is not…

• Chris says:

Actually I don’t like the supporting characters on the show, and find them annoying and unfunny!!! If they got rid of the supporting players, then the show would be watchable for me!

7. Randy says:

Robert Gant is gay in real life…could that be the reason the characters broke up on the show???

8. maz says:

really?! you had to write the news for this show with a bunch of food words?! Seriously? A show with fatties, must use badly placed food terms instead of actual descriptive words.

Fat people are more than a joke and not all fat people are fat because they have eating disorders. Mike & Molly has definitely made some advances since its pilot, attempting to paint these people as actual human beings. And in a cultural environment where fat people are told DAILY that they are not worthy humans, its a bit of a big deal.

But then you have to go an essentialize a whole group of people with food words. Ug. You wouldn’t write a news article about The Game and use a bunch of colour terms in place of actual words.

A little sensitivity would be nice in the future.

9. Jason says:

Gant a “heartthrob?” Surely you gest, Michael. Have you gone blind?

10. EveDallas says:

I love this show! Thank You for the info.