NFL Game Helps Five-0 Tackle Ratings Highs

When it comes to this Sunday night’s ratings, there was CBS… and everyone else.

The Eye’s coverage of the AFC Championship game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Jets averaged 48.4 million total viewers from 7 to 10 pm, and a mighty 17.3 rating in the 18-to-49 demo.

Also, the sometimes nailbiting match-up’s overnight household rating (31.3) represented a 24-year high for an AFC Championship game.

Leading out of the pigskin playoff, a special Sunday showing of Hawaii Five-0 netted the freshman drama all-time highs in total viewers (17.7 million) and the demo.

What else is there to say? Well, NBC’s airing of the first Sex and the City movie averaged 3.22 million viewers, experiencing a small surge at 10 ‘clock, once footballphobes seized control of the remote.

What were you watching on Sunday night?

1. Judy says:

Unfortunately since the post game went a little long my dvr didn’t record all of it, so I missed the ending:(

2. skyfan says:

A DVR playback of Top Chef. Was recording 5-0 at the time; I’ll watch it later. Don’t watch much real-time TV anymore, unless I have to.

3. Kevin says:

CBS was brilliant here. Hawaii 5-0 is one of the most DVR’d shows on TV. CBS wanted to know if people would watch it in real time on any night to see if the show had built a real audience or if people just DVR’d it to DVR it. In this situation they chose to put it after a sporting event because you would have to watch it because the DVR would be jacked because all sporting events screw them up.

4. Beans says:

I set my DVR for 2 hours just to be sure

5. Sharon says:

I was watching the fabulous Downton Abbey. Hawaii 5-0 is on my DVR for tonight.

6. Elizabeth says:

MY DVR didn’t record the ending either. Anyone care to update? Please!!!!

7. Woody says:

Happy ending… but big mystery remains. Tune in next week, Elizabeth. ;)
    We watched 5-0 live for the first time ever last night. Which must make us big fans, because we don’t do commercials in this house.

8. Mike says:

For some reason my DVR didn’t recognize it as a new episode. It said repeat and then I read the synopsis and knew it was a new episode. ARGH! Luckily it’s on On Demand

9. Ellied says:

I watched Hawaii Five-0. I never miss a new episode of the show.
    I love Alex O!

10. onno says:

well we could give a spoiler alert hint if you missed the ending H5-0 it’s about the ten mil they well borrowed but could not return. And as said just keep on watching ;-)

11. Doug-H says:

I’m sure it didn’t hurt the ratings of H-50 to open the show with Grace Park on the beach.. plus it was a good episode though the plot line was similar to an original H-50 episode about a fake storm covering up a plot by WO-FAT…. What I do like about the new show is the upscale action and some continuing storyline.. a good mix of procedure and back story..