Exclusive

Scoop! David James Elliott Earns CSI: NY Encore

Fresh off his January 7 appearance on CSI: NY, beloved JAG alum David James Elliott has already booked a return visit, TVLine has learned.

Earlier this month, DJE guested on CBS’s hit Friday-night procedural as Russ Josephson, the FBI agent ex-husband of Sela Ward’s Detective Jo Danville. The first time around, the former marrieds compared notes on a cross-jurisdictional case, and we definitely saw sparks hinting at lingering feelings ‘tween the two.

For his encore, which is slated to air in April, Russ returns to support Jo through a difficult family situation — as well as aid Mac with an ongoing murder investigation.

In addition to his work as “Harm” Rabb on NCIS birthplace JAG, Elliott’s TV credits include Street Legal, Close to Home and, most recently, the ABC summer sudser Scoundrels.

1. Linda says:

I loved David on Scoundrels! Maybe he’ll become a semi-regular on CSI: NY? Here’s hoping so!!

2. Lorie says:

Nice! He’s too hot not to be on TV.

3. Bella says:

Nice to see him on t.v. again. I enjoyed him in this role. I tried watching Scoundrels because I liked him so much on JAG, but the role was just too much of a change for me to get used to.

4. msed73 says:

This is great news! I was hoping that David James Elliott would return to CSI: NY. However, I would love to see him star in a new series of his own.

5. Janice Watson says:

I love David James Elliott! He is a multitalented actor, musician, and he can play comedy. Plus, he is extremly handsome and has a wonderful smile. I would love to see him in a show of his own. I never could understand why they ended “Close to Home”. That was a good show but, like so many other shows, it wasn’t given a fair chance with the viewers. DJE would also be great as host of a variety show. I am sick of the reality shows and would like to see someone show some creativity. We have so many Law and Order and CSI spin-offs. I love the original NCIS and cast, but I just cannot get my head into NCIS-LA. CSI-NY is a good show and I will watch it if David James Elliott makes more appearances. That is the only reason I will watch it. We need more creative writers and more originality in TV. Bring the Bellisario’s back to write shows for David James Elliott. Magnum PI, Quantum Leap-all great shows!

6. John Worms says:

These CSI shows are just so bad. They can at once get on a computer and search anything and find an answer in 2.1 seconds. Even saw Miami where they found all buildings with 4 feet wide windows. Yah right.
    Too bad most of the viewers actually believe this is how CSI really works.