Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Six Million Dollar Man Lee Majors Shoots The $#*!

The fur will fly when TV’s Six Million Dollar Man, Lee Majors, appears on the CBS comedy $#*! My Dad Says later this season — and TVLine has an exclusive first look at the Fall Guy‘s face-off with Ed (played by William Shatner).

In the 16th episode of $#*!‘s freshman season, Majors guest-stars as Don Reger, a debonair and cocksure millionaire vying for the attention of Rosemary Pernworthy (played by Jean Smart). When Rosemary begins to succumb to Don’s considerable, well-bred charms, Ed is prompted to kick his own game up a notch and show her just how far he’ll go to win her back.

We can only guess — hope — that is where the pictured eagle and panda costumes come in.

Majors’ $#*! stop marks the first time he and Shatner have worked together in 36 years, since a 1974 episode of The Six Million Dollar Man. There, Shatner guested as an astronaut pal of Steve Austin’s who emerged from a spacewalk with mind-control powers! (And people say that ’70s TV was cheesy.)

$#*! My Dad Says airs Thursdays at 8:30/7:30c, on CBS.

1. Mark C says:

Don’t watch the show. Just read the book. Seriously.

2. Dave says:

Although I wasn’t born in 1974, I did see that episode of 6MDM on reruns and it was great to see Steve Austin and Captain Kirk together on screen.

I can’t help feeling though that this is just stunt casting and it will do nothing to help “Bleep” get a second season renewal. Of course people will tune in for Lee Majors but it’s too little, too late.

3. Gary says:

Snorefest. Bunch of old pensioners.

4. Gilda says:

Gotta say, pensioner or not, at 71 Lee Majors is still very good looking. Not seen this programme before but I will look out for it. It may need a recurring role for Lee to keep me watching though.

5. Simon says:

Gary: That’s right, because only young people have anything to offer the world. The old actors are still the best.

6. Yes, I have the infamous episode titled “Burning Bright”. Yes, the Shat did his trademark overacting a bit in that as well, but it’s a fun episode because the first 2 seasons of $6M were probably the best ones. It became more ‘jump the shark’ type stuff later on. However, it will always be a favorite as I grew up with them in first runs – no reruns for this kid, I was there from the beginning.

7. Gene says:

Glad to see this show getting some love in the media. I hope it gets a fair shake and a 2nd season. Even powerhouses like Big Bang took a couple of seasons to really find their voice and audience.

• tahonia says:

I agree. It just keeps getting better as the season goes on. Shatner just cracks me up, and I really like Bonnie and Vince, and the interaction with–gosh I can’t remember the “maid’s” name. Of course, I’m not in the key demographic, and so my opinion isn’t very relevant….

8. darclyte says:

Growing up, they were my 2 favorite actors. The episode of $6 Million Man with Shatner wasn’t that great, but I remember being really pleased that they were both on the same show together. I don’t watch this series, and I really don’t plan on watching this episode. I prefer to remember them both as they were circa 1982. Still, it’s nice to see them both still going strong all these years later.

9. Vanny says:

Man, I really like this series… Think it’s hilarious…

10. Gilda says:

The old shows may have been “cheesey” but they were certainly a lot more fun to watch than today’s ensemble shows. Back then a star was expected to carry a show and were often the reason you tuned in. I just got through watching some of this year’s SAG Awards and the people who populate the red carpet, for it does indeed seem that they live, are drearily ordinary, hard to place, utterly charmless and possessing of zero charisma. It’s easy to be disparaging about old stars and write them off as past their sell by date but most of today’s stars don’t even qualify for the “use by” date.

11. I agree with almost all of the comments above, but let’s not forget the brilliance of making this episode about Jean Smart, best known (to me) for a great role as Jack Manning’s ex-wife/future love interest? (The District starring Craig T. Nelson). Seems Craig should have been there too but he has his own silly show to film and these days, any work is good work.