Exclusive: Glee Goes (Almost) Full-Frontal

If you thought Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and the rest of the Glee gang  were looking particularly buff at the Golden Globes last weekend, you’re eyes weren’t deceiving you.

A source close to the award-winning smash tells me that the cast spent the two weeks prior working out religiously to prepare for an upcoming episode that calls for the entire New Directions crew to drop trou. And shirt. And, well, everything but their unmentionables!

What the McKinley hell is going on?

Relax, it’s all very innocent. Without giving too much away, the sequence involves Ashley Fink’s Lauren performing her first solo. When stage fright kicks in, she recalls a nerves-calming remedy that Puck once suggested. I think you can fill in the rest by yourselves.

The revealing episode is slated to air in mid-February.

1. And here I thought it was because they were doing Hair.

2. Harry says:

GLEE has turned into a joke now. Pathetic.

• Devo says:

Seriously, getting worked up over a TV show on the internet? That’s the pathetic joke. How can a show that’s barely through it’s sophomore season be turning in to anything? It’s not like the show’s been on for 10 years. …. Did a bunch of EW commenters follow you guys here or what?

• AJ says:

Devo – While I got a chuckle out of the EW commenters comment, sadly, the negativity is everywhere. I find it so amusing that people get all worked up about certain TV shows and then take the time to 1) read blog posts about them and 2) comment on those posts. Not quite sure what Harry means by calling Glee a joke because they’re going to take some clothes off, but honestly, who cares what he thinks. Let’s just continue to be entertained by Glee!

• Jeanne says:

I find it more funny that you got even more worked up over a casual comment.

• Brock says:

It’s a funny “visualisation” technique. Hardly lame.

3. Grover says:

i think it sounds hilarious!

4. Leslie says:

…………Please let Kurt be back at McKinley by this time…..

• Liza says:

Actually, just end the Dalton arc as soon as possible. It’s horrible. Glee isn’t the same with Kurt not in New Directions, even Chris Colfer finds it lonely and wants to go back.

• Leslie says:

Don’t get me wrong, I love the storyline they created with Dalton; I hope when Kurt comes back he eventually brings Blaine with him.

• Brandi says:

I second that Leslie. I love Blaine!

• Dianna says:

I find Blaine utterly boring and I can’t say I like the way he tells Kurt to stop being himself. I love Darren Criss, but Blaine as a character doesn’t deliver. I also just find the fact that Kurt is once again the one falling in love too quickly a huge turn-off. Didn’t Ryan say he’d get a boyfriend when he stopped looking for love? Kurt really deserves better treatment than that. I also, don’t see Blaine transferring to McKinley. You have to admit that that is a long stretch. So I’m thinking the boyfriend will be from McKinley. I would like to think they wouldn’t bring in another character option so let’s look at our existing options. Obviously Karofsky is out of the question based on Chris’ words (and I agree), so I think it would be great to bring back their original plan to make Sam the boyfriend. Blaine and Kurt is what everyone’s predicting (as Chris said it is SO predictable) but I’m hoping and believing Ryan and co will throw a curveball.

(And, okay, this comment is totally off topic of the article. Sorry/Oops!)

• Jessica says:

I wish Kurt would come back. I think it would be a great twist if he ended up with that football player instead of Blaine. :)

5. francisca says:

is everyone crazy? Glee is turning into a MAJOR JOKE!!!

6. Nichole says:

Most of Glee’s topics this season have been about gay bullying awareness and you guys are saying Glee’s turned into a major joke?

Nice to see how people think.

• Jan says:

Personally, as important as I found the gay bullying story line to be, I also found it utterly infuriating and hypocritical that that’s the only type of bullying the show takes seriously while treating other instances of bullying as a joke. Pick a side Glee; it’s unbalanced and annoying.

7. C says:

I like the sound of this! Sounds funny. (And not just because I’m already picturing Puck half nekkid… I blame the visual aid at the top of the post. Ahem.) I’m also interested as to what Ashley will sing.

Oh… and while I don’t agree that Glee has become “pathetic”, I don’t think the season has been up to par with the first 13 episodes of Season One. Over all it’s been very disapponting this year. I don’t see what’s wrong with commenting about that. People are allowed to be passionate and invested in a show. When you love something, enjoy something, it’s frustrating when it stops delivering and Glee has done just that for a lot of people. Doesn’t mean they’ve automatically stopped caring, that they won’t remain loyal to the show or that they can’t still take an interest and comment, whether that’s being positive or critical. This is a TV blog after all for people that don’t just watch TV but want to read about it, talk about etc…

8. John Berggren says:

This development doesn’t stir anything in me – anger or curiosity, but I still don’t understand this need to b@+¢h about the show.

Yeah – glee is just a joke of it’s former self… That 11 million people tune in to every week. Are they tuning in just so they can complain on here?

9. Dave says:

Looking forward to anything that Glee chooses to do, they haven’t missed yet. I do wish the entire cast were at one school again, but I’m sure the writers have their plans in place. It isn’t like this is Lost or anything, thank goodness for small favours.

10. Alyssa says:

ummm awks for the girls since woman are sex objects on T.V but YAY for another Cory Montieth shirtless scene!

11. tieryney says:

I’m happy about it. I want to see Finn Hudson naked again. At least from the waist up.

12. Shane says:

Wouldn’t it be easier to just write some storylines rather than rely on shock (yawn) or eyecandy?

13. brandy says:

I don’t see how Glee is any different now than it was before. Get over your personal backlash.

I think this storyline sounds cute. Looking forward to it.

14. Jennifer says:

Yay!! I’ve been dying to know since she joined ND if she could sing or not now I’m completley intrigued. That and it will be interesting to see the cast in the buff so to speak

15. Jason says:

*I’LL* be visualizing these two pics later, I know that…. :p

16. sofia says:

i didn’t understand any word written in this article. anyone cares to explain me?

17. Anna says:

Ausiello. You used the wrong ‘your.’ I am severely disappointed in you.

18. kim says:

So Santana will be in something way sexy, Finn is hi old man boxers, Puck in some boxer brief. Rachel will be in some old granny panties or something with stars on it. Tina will be in boxer or boy shorts. Artie might have some goofy underwear something he thinks ae cool but aren’t.

I don’t understand why people who hate it feel the need to actively hate.
    Just ignore and go on. It isn’t going to hurt you if it is still on the air.

19. Stacie says:

Well my first thought after reading all of these comments is that, if you’re not a fan of the show, don’t go out of your way to read articles about it and then take the extra twenty seconds+ to comment on it. My second thought is that this sounds hilarious and I cannot wait to see it. :) The show has taken on a heavier tone this season, with bullying awareness. I slightly agree with a comment someone else posted; they needs to address all avenues of bullying, not just Kurt being bullied. Example? Rachel’s character is bullied. Sure, it’s not physical, more verbal, but from personal experience I can tell you that can be just as bad. I can’t wait for the hiatus to be over so they can get the ball rolling again. Can’t wait to see these new relationships they’ve got coming.

20. Ms. Artie Abrams says:

Mmmm…Artie almost naked….My insane mind is already picturing my hubby loooking major sexy! Ooohh…! I want it now!

P.S. If this is NOT true, Imma gonna kill y’all.

21. Casey says:

Puck in his underwear. HELLO. :D
    But I’m also excited to hear Ashley sing for the first time. I really wanna hear what her voice sounds like. And I hope she does great. (:

22. Person says:

Oh if only he was back by then. Though he probably won’t be.
    I want to see Chris Colfer shirtless. I’m not counting those 3 seconds in Russel Fish because first of all, it was about 2-3 years ago, and second, coz he was underwater and wearing goggles and you couldn’t really see it properly.

23. PV says:

I’m excited to hear Ashley sing. If they make it a song about food or some other stereotypical s**t about fat people, I will stop watching. Point blank.

Also, I bet Mercedes will be conveniently not in that scene right? Can’t have the fat gal in her undies (even though that woman is a babe).

Love/hate relationship with Glee. They give me two plus-size female characters (which is unheard of on tv) which makes me happy, but then they refuse to treat them as full characters and frequently fall back on hurtful and oppressive stereotypes.

24. Bobby says:

I love Glee and every new episode gets better and better. To the people that don’t like it, don’t watch it. And stop bitching about it.

25. Robert says:

Stop complaining. Also, this is lame? Are you aware that this method of visualizing the audience naked is a tried and tested nerve-calming technique that EVERY good acting/drama school teaches? I’m surprised Glee is doing it, actually, since it’s not that well known a technique outside of drama schools.

26. GleeSeason says:

Just another reason to get the guys topless or show the girls in something provocative, I guess. Teens do respond to that.

27. H. says:

I adore everything about Ashley Fink’s character. I wish for her to stay and never leave the show ever.